Daniel S.
Sparks, NV
11/12/2019
Attention to detail
I have taken my cars to Jim for the past 5 years. I leave Precision Auto with confidence, knowing that the work was done correctly..

VE
Valerie E.
11/08/2019
Great & Honest Service!
I met Jim years ago when I took my car to him for a 2nd opinion. He was honest with then and to this day is honest whether my car "really needs it" or if I can get by a little longer. I love that the shop is transparent on the cost of parts/labor. Because of their honesty, I am a loyal customer and recommend them to others. Laurie is also VERY sweet and so accommodating to help figure out solutions.

10/25/2019
The car runs Great
After getting my car fixed, I have noticed better fuel economy and it doesn’t over heat.
Thank you, Jim and your team.

EC
Emma C.
Jeep Compass
10/25/2019 Category: Service
Emma said the business is really nice, they fixed everything and it looked nice.

David C.
10/20/2019
Outstanding service and heart.
This is the third time I've taken the vehicle, a present for my granddaughter, to Precision Auto, I wouldn't take it any other place. All the work has been too notch and I'm overwhelmed by their caring, understanding nature. Jim has always been patient with my questions and explained things to me in a way I could understand. My granddaughter is very important to me, so this vehicle must be up to that standard, Jim and Precision Auto understand that and I trust them to work on it, for her. There's more work to come, only with Precision Auto.

Michelle S.
Nissan Xterra
10/19/2019
Jim is awesome!!
Beyond amazing, they did a lot of work quickly and really helped me out!!!

Mitsubishi Galant
10/18/2019
The car runs, Great.
Thank you, Jim and his team.
For getting my car running with very little cost to me.
This is A Lot Better than L T Automotive, who tried to nickel and dime me for a water pump, that should have been replaced with my timing belt.
Thank you, again.
I will be returning and I will recommend you to any one who ask, Where they should go for Their Car.

WV
William V.
Cold Springs, NV
GMC Cab & Chassis Sierra
10/08/2019
Precision follow up!
Jim followed up regarding my concerns. Very good customer care. I recommend them to anyone with mechanical issues with their vehicle.

10/08/2019
I like Jim and Lori. They are very personable and Jim is very knowledgeable.
I have brought all my vehicles to Precision. I have also referred friends and family to them. I have been loyal, but I am confused why I was charged another $1200 when my pickup wasn't fixed correctly when I brought it in the first time. Someone did't even take it for a test drive before I picked it up and drove it home. I was only partially home, going up 395, and the truck could barely go 30 MPH. I called Jim immediately, while I was driving, and explained what was happening. I brought it back and they discovered that it was a faulty catalytic converter. I wish they would have fixed it the first time because it cost me another $1200. I like them but am kinda disappointed that it wasn't fixed the first time or at least taken for a test drive before releasing it to me.
Laurie E., Office Manager from Precision Auto responded on 10/09/2019

William I am sorry your last experience at my shop was not up to your expectations. I have reviewed the work we performed on your 01 GMC 3500 and I believe I understand your issue. The first time the GMC came in the truck had a check engine light and a exhaust manifold leak. We scanned the computer and the truck had a failed mass airflow sensor code. We replace the MAF and then addressed the leaking exhaust. We replace the cracked exhaust manifold and extracted the broken bolts in the cylinder head then welded the cracked down pipe. We test drove the truck a short loop and there was no problems or leaks.
I do remember your call and description of lack of power on your way home to cold springs. When we got the truck back in checked the fuel pressure and ignition system. The fuel pressure was at 40lbs at idle and fluctuated lower under a static load. The required pressure for a load on your GMC is 55 to 60lbs. We replaced the fuel pressure regulator and the load pressures came up to required range. We then examined your entire ignition system and found the spark plug wire boots worn and degrading. The could make misfires under extreme conditions so they were replaced. We then took the truck on an extend test drive to duplicate your experience going home to Cold Springs which is 20 miles and up hill at times. During the test drive when the truck was under a moderate uphill load (we used the Tahoe grade) the catalytic converter heated completely up and began to restrict exhaust flow and reduced the trucks power. We then preformed a back pressure test on the heated Cat and discovered the correct catalytic converter that was clogging. We replaced the Cat and test drove it up the same grade and it ran great.
I greatly value you and your families patronage and I am sorry it took two visits to get everything dealt with. We do not normally test drive long distances as most customers don't like their vehicles to be driven more than absolutely necessary but in this case the catalytic converter didn't start to really close down until it was heated up completely which we found on our test drive of 35 miles.
William I value your loyalty and patronage and will call you personally to make sure you are happy and hope you will continue your patronage of my business

Jim Hays
CEO Precision Auto Center

JJ
John J.
Sparks, NV
Volvo V50
10/03/2019
Rare in automotive- HONESTY
Jim took the time to properly diagnose those pesky codes. It was painful but needed, as no less than 4 previous mechanics simply used the code to upsell. He took the time to tell me how's and why's and I feel better able to make intelligent decisions about my vehicle care.

Kelly S.
09/26/2019
Helped me out!!!
I had been dealing with problems with my jeep for the past 2 weeks. I had numerous things fixed and still the problem persisted. I took my jeep into Precision and within 10 minutes he found the problem and was able to fix it the same day! Great customer service and I felt taken care of. I wish I would have came here first!!!
Laurie E., Office Manager from Precision Auto responded on 10/02/2019

Kelly, I'm glad we were able to help in getting your Jeep fixed. Thank for the possitve review and we look forward to your next visit.
Jim and Laurie

Mitsubishi Galant
09/25/2019
Better Than LT Automotive
Thank you, Jim for your Awesome work on my car.
It runs GREAT and I have already noticed the Great Gas Milage I am getting and the braking is so smooth, better than ever.
Laurie E., Office Manager from Precision Auto responded on 10/02/2019

Melanie, We are so glad your car is running better and the gas milage has improved. And thank you for the awesome review.

GR
Grant R.
09/19/2019 Category: Service
Grant said he had his suspension done on his vehicle at the business and one of the shocks was defective. They took care of it in 30 minutes so he waited and got it back quick.
Laurie E., Office Manager from Precision Auto responded on 10/02/2019

Grant, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiance.
Look forward to seeing you again.

Tod B.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
09/14/2019 Category: Service
Tod said the business did an ok job and everything. They took a little long, over all they had good service, he waited an hour and half. It took them 2 hours to get his vehicle in the place.
Laurie E., Office Manager from Precision Auto responded on 09/19/2019

Tod, thank you for your time in writing the review. I am sorry you had to wait. Normally when we schedule and apointment and know you are waiting we try to get your car into the shop. Sorry that was delayed. We will work on that.

KC
Keith and Jo C.
09/07/2019
Auto repairs
We have been going to Precision Auto for a long time. We appreciate Jim’s timeliness and professionalism! He has always treated us with courtesy and honesty!
Laurie E., Office Manager from Precision Auto responded on 09/19/2019

Thank you both for the wonderful review. We also appreciate having for such loyal and nice clients.

BC
Bob C.
Truckee, CA
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
09/05/2019
Good people
Got me back on the road same day with out appointment on a Friday and nice people to deal with I will bring my car back for them to fix for sure.

Bob,
We are glad we could get you back on the road and home safely.
Thank you for the review.