Overall Rating 3.81/5Overall Rating 3.81/5Overall Rating 3.81/5rating 3.81rating 3.81

Latest Review about 2 months ago

KT
Kristi T.
Philadelphia, PA
08/27/2018
Very helpful
They are very helpful. I had a couple of issues with my transmission after they fixed it. They took it right back and fix the issues. They quoted for one price before they seen the van. It was more when they recived the van. There was more damage to the transmission then they thought. The manager and the girl in the office are very nice and helpful.

John W.
Sewaren, NJ
12/06/2017
Horrible customer service
The mechanics are top notch professionals, but I will never go back to Precision Auto again because of the customer service up front who treated me like an idiot. If possible, if there is audio recorded in the waiting room I suggest it be played back and it will be obvious that this guy was degrading and treated me disrespectfully. I understand pressure, I also work an extremely stressful job in the city, but there was no excuse as to why he seem to insist on picking fights with me.
On Tuesday December 5th I went to Precision Auto because there is a bumping coming from under our car. I told the manager it sounds like the struts are going bad. Precision Auto had replaced the front struts in June and I assumed the parts were defective. Right away he had an attitude, one of the first things he said to me was that I can’t cut in line in front of other customers. I couldn’t seem to get across to him that he didn’t have to look at the car now, but to simply let me know when. This is our only automobile and I cannot just leave it and come back later. I needed to know when he can look at it. Finally I got an answer, bring it in 11 AM the next day. I just brushed this attitude off as him having a bad day.
I brought the car in at 10:50 AM Wednesday December 6 for him to look at it. Once again, I explained that it sounded like the struts have gone bad. He went on to explain that he had to pull all the background history on the car and see what they had done in the past. In the past year, Precision Auto has done a lot of work on this car, alternator, starter, front-struts, heating system, and sway bar links. Maybe other work I which I don’t recall.
He started to cop an attitude when explaining to me that they installed the best struts available. Also, complained that he had to pull all the paperwork on the car, as if that was a problem. Then started questing me why I said it sounded like the struts. I said because I used to do mechanic work many years ago and the bumping sounded like struts. He started berating me because, come to find out I incorrectly diagnosed the problem. I told him flat out, forget everything I ever said and just tell me what is wrong with my automobile. I must point out, that the first time the struts were bad I brought the car to Precision Auto and asked them to specifically check the front struts. They were bad.
That’s when he started calling me “mister mechanic”, and I warned him to stop calling me that. He took me into the shop and had a mechanic point out the worn bushing that was causing the noise and with a belittling attitude made sure that I knew that I wrongly diagnosed the issue. Then he turned to the mechanic and said give the customer back his car and get him out of here.
I treated him respectfully, but did start losing my temper when he could have simply told me the problem wasn’t the struts after all, but a worn bushing. I did not call him names, nor did I leave yelling and cursing. I simply walked away. As long as this customer service person is there I will never go back to Precision Auto again.

David S.
Woodbridge, NJ
08/14/2017
Auto Care and Diagnosis
Let's start. Brought car in for a check engine light. Car producing lean code picked up by the cars oxygen sensors. Told there was no vacuum leak. Changed my fuel filter and pump. Check engine light still on. That said no vacuum leak. Yea right....👎. Went to dealer after they worked on the car. All they had to do was check a broken hose on top of car it was so visible. I would of found it myself. Don't go to this station they are nice will work with you but their diagnostic skills are misleading. I DO NOT Reccommend them at all for computer diagnostics. Go elsewhere........ Don t go here. This fix on my car was so visible and apparent it's stupid. Don't waste your monet

SL
Stan L.
Woodbridge, NJ
08/06/2017
Excellent service every time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
I have been using Precision Auto repair for over a year now, and every time they get the job done fast, right, and at a great price. I would, and have recommended them many times. It's hard to find a great reliable garage, but I'm glad I found Precision Auto.

Ki M.
Trenton, NJ
05/22/2017
Horrible. Service
My husband got his transmission rebuilt by them, paid over $3000 for the repair. A few months down the line the transmission began to act up and my husband returned it to get looked at. Moe, the manager of this facility had been ducking and dodging all of my husband's calls until finally we just took the car there. After much back and forth with the manager about the warranty that was clearly in our favor, he said he would take a look at it. A week later we picked the car up and he said the problem had nothing to do with the transmission but there was an issue with the catalytic converter. We took it to another shop who advised us that there would be no affect to the transmission because of any catalytic converter issues. Now the car can only drive in reverse, and it still remains a transmission issue. My husband is still under warranty and the manager is still giving him a difficult time about looking at the car. This business claims they're legit, but they are just as sheisty as many other auto companies.

MF
manuel f.
Port Reading, NJ
09/17/2016
illegally sells cars
this guy illegally sells cars then leaves previous owner responsible for mess

Matteo D.
Avenel, NJ
Dodge Journey
12/20/2015 Category: Service
Matteo said this business has good prices. The staff is friendly, honest and they do good work.

Jose M.
Cadillac STS
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Jose said this facility was excellent and a short walk from his home.

Angal B.
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Angal said this business is very helpful, accurate, and persistent on getting things done correctly.

MA
Moustafa A.
Edison, NJ
Mercury Mountaineer
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Moustafa said the business has good prices, the service was great and they have a positive attitude. They know what they are doing.

SV
STAN V.
Chrysler Crossfire
12/01/2015
The work is always done right the first time!
Like the title says, the work is always done right the first time. It's not easy to find a good, honest, reliable mechanic. Precision Auto Repair gets a 5 Star rating from me! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Roquie B.
Sayreville, NJ
Dodge Caravan
11/26/2015 Category: Service
Roquie said this business was good. The quality of the repair was very good as well as the customer service.

RA
Rashid A.
Avenel, NJ
Lincoln MKS
11/26/2015 Category: Service
Rashid said he really likes the service this business provides. They are the best facility of their kind.

Desmond L.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
11/19/2015 Category: Service
Desmond said this business was able to work with his budget and the service was great.

Jeff W.
Irvington, NJ
11/19/2015 Category: Service
Jeff said he got his vehicle back from this business and he was satisfied with it. His vehicle feels as if it is brand new. They provided great service so he already has recommended others to them.

BJ
BARINES J.
Perth Amboy, NJ
11/07/2015
Pushing unnecessary repairs
My car was towed very quickly to the shop which I appreciated. My starter and thermostat housing were replaced. However, the mechanic, told me that the master cylinder and booster needed to be replaced. I took my car to other mechanics and was told that both these pieces were fine and did not need to be replaced. It is frustrating that the mechanic assumed something needed replacing without thoroughly checking it out. The employees were friendly, but again very pushy in trying to get me to continue with more repairs. This made me suspicious and I am glad I did not get the master cylinder and booster replaced since it was not needed.