4.5

01/15/2020 Category: Service
Horrible
The EMC needs to be replaced, engine light stays on. I was told problem was resolved, but the very next day my car is still stalling, had poor take off & engine light is back on. HELP!

I will be calling you to get this fixed or call me @ 816-517-5800

I tried calling you phone # don't work PLEASE give me a call816-517-5800

TW
Tammie W.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/15/2020 Category: Service
Really enjoy going to this dealership. The service personnel are extremely helpful and friendly. They are eager to answer questions and don't offer me things that I do not need.

Sandra S.
Olathe, KS
2020 Hyundai Tucson
01/10/2020 Category: Service
Reed Hyundai
I was blown away at the above and beyond customer service I received from Martin Garcia in sales and John Nelson Sales Mgr. My transaction transpired over nearly a 3 week interval due to insurance issues as my previous vehicle was totaled. They were supportive, informative and helpful with Finding my desired vehicle out of town and even intervening when Hyundai Finance was complicating the process. These members of Reed Hyundai are the reason I will return someday for my 4th Hyundai because they truly represent the best in customer service. They deserve accolades from corporate because they are exceptional.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 01/13/2020

Tammi B.
Belton, MO
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
01/09/2020 Category: Service
Fixed Mirror, Changed Oil - FAST
Great job with little wait.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 01/09/2020

01/07/2020 Category: Service
great technicians
any work done at this facility is above par. excellent technicians.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 01/08/2020

WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 01/07/2020

Christinia W.
Overland Park, KS
01/06/2020 Category: Service
Charge more time then was actually spent on my car and did not complete all of the approved tasks
I brought my car in for a recall. My service guy brought me of list of items that they thought needed and might be needed to be done (it is a used car and I didn't have the service records with me and the dealership didn't have any recorded of the car). I told them to replace all of the lights they listed were out, one of them being the break light in the back window, or so I thought. When I got home, the break light was still out. It also wasn't on the list of items I paid for or on the list of items suggested to be completed. They also had the car less then and hour but I was charged for more time than that because they equate a service with a time instead of actually the time spent. I won't go back again except for any other recall notices.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 01/06/2020

would you please call me 816-517-5800

Lees Summit, MO
Amazing Customer Service
I drive out of my way to do business with the service professionals at Reed Hyundai. Gilbert always greets me with a smile and makes sure that I have everything out of my car that I may need while my vehicle is being serviced. Nicholas is thorough and professional while explaining procedures and recommendations. He is courteous and sincere in his effort to give the customer the best possible experience.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 01/06/2020

Lori L.
Kansas City, KS
12/25/2019 Category: Service
Kind and courteous
Nicholas listened closely to my concerns and the technician was thorough.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 12/26/2019

Bloomington, IL
12/25/2019 Category: Service
Great Service Department
Josh did an outstanding job with what was a scary situation for us.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 12/26/2019

ME
Matthew E.
Lenexa, KS
12/22/2019 Category: Service
Oil change service
Every time I visit the dealership they are always like always trying to get more money out of you for services that are not really needed honestly.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 12/23/2019

Sorry   Thank you would you please give me a call 816-517-5800

BC
Brian C.
Leavenworth, KS
12/18/2019 Category: Service
Last visit was not so great.
I brought my car in for an oil change service, tire rotation, dome light repair, and a recall. Needless to say, I was shocked when I was given a list of service that totaled over $1500! I was told that they did an inspection, and found that in addition to the service that I brought the vehicle in for, they found the need to do other forms of maintenance. This included, a battery replacement, a coolant flush, a break check and flush, an engine filter replacement, and a engine tune up with spark plug replacement. There may have been something else that I can't remember off the top of my head. I was very shocked by this. I couldn't pay this much, not around Christmas time. The tech I was working with couldn't really seem to understand this. He wasn't rude by any means, but he couldn't seem to understand that this was a large load to drop on my head when I wasn't expecting such a huge potential bill for what I initially brought the vehicle in for. I asked him what was the most important things that needed to be done, and what could maybe wait for a couple of months. He said, "Well, they're all important." So I decided myself to not have the battery replaced, and to not get the dome light repaired. I don't doubt that these services may have been needed, but I can not understand why I was hit with all of this at once! This vehicle was purchased new at what was then called Shawnee Mission Hyundai back in the summer of 2011. This is the same place, but now called Reed Hyundai. I have brought this vehicle in for every single scheduled maintenance to this one place since it was purchased there. I have had every single thing done to the vehicle that was recommended at the time by the techs. I have never once prior turned down any service that was needed. Not until this last visit, when I told them not to change the battery, or fix the dome light, did I ever NOT have something done. With the exception of having the tires replaced at a tire center in my town, this vehicle has never been serviced anywhere else but Shawnee Mission/Reed Hyundai. I have never gone over mileage, or skipped a scheduled service. I have all of my service records, in order by date, in a three ring binder. This being the case, why wasn't these services done over time during previous appointments? Why weren't these services stretched out? I can't believe that all of this needed to be done at that one time. My car has 40,000 miles on it. It wouldn't make much difference if the coolant was flushed at 34k for example. Do you understand what I mean? These were basic maintenance procedures that could have been done during prior visits, instead of being leveled on my head all at once. I asked the tech about this, and he said, "I'm sorry, I just checked the computer, and none of these services have ever been done to your car." Well why haven't they ever been done to the car!? The car has never been taken anywhere else. It's been brought in for every scheduled service. Again, I don't doubt that these things may have been needed, and I want my car to always be up to date and well maintained, but a man just can't get hit with all of this at once. Another thing that bothered me was that when I got home, I popped the hood, and my coolant level was low! Now, I just paid you over $1200, and one of the things you did was a coolant flush. So, why was my coolant reservoir tank at the low mark? I had to top off the tank with 50/50. Why should I have to top off the tank when I just paid you over $1200? Was the reservoir tank not refilled after the flush? My appointment was for 10:00am, and I was waiting for the vehicle since I didn't expect at the time of schedule that all of this other stuff would have to be done. Well, since the other services had to be done, I was in the waiting room until around 2:30pm or so. I really would recommend that Reed Hyundai create perhaps a separate quiet area where people could wait for their vehicle that was away from the area with the television. I've always felt this way, because the place hasn't changed in the nine years that I've been going there. The endless droning of the daft daytime talk shows and soap operas that loudly blare from the TV in the waiting room is very unpleasant. It's akin to the sound of a dental drill to me. I don't watch TV at home, and it would be nice if there was an area where we could be spared this awfulness while waiting for our vehicles. A place where you could sit and think, or read, or do work on you notebook computer, and not have to hear people having cuss word filled one way conversations on their smartphones. I've always had good experiences at Shawnee Mission Hyundai for the nine years I've been going there, but this last time at Reed wasn't so great. I'll still take my car to get serviced at Reed, and I hope the next time will be better. I give a 2 star rating for this last visit, but for all previous visits, I give a solid 4.5 average.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 12/23/2019

12/11/2019 Category: Service
Maintenace work.
Great staff.
KENT R. from Reed Hyundai responded on 12/12/2019

Thank you for the 5 Star review!

Overland Park, KS
12/09/2019 Category: Service
Service Tech was Excellent
I go to this dealership for service pretty regularly. The last couple of appointment have been a bit hit or miss... sometimes taking longer than expected or having to request the "next oil change" tag for the window. However, I was very satisfied with this last appointment. I was checked in in a fairly quick and thorough manner. The service was provided in a timely manner and the check out was also very smooth. Great improvements that did not go unnoticed. Thank you.
WILLIAM P L., manager from Reed Hyundai responded on 12/10/2019