Rich's German Motorwerks

Overall Rating 4.37/5Overall Rating 4.37/5Overall Rating 4.37/5Overall Rating 4.37/5rating 4.37

Frankie L. on 12/14/2016
"GREATFUL"
Rich and the crew, thank you so much for your hard work and determination towards my car. The work and service was done with precise precision. Thanks for being one of the top euro mechanic shops who keeps a "home" type feeling with the service and hourly rate. lots of hours and dedication into my car and i appreciate it. Anyone looking for awesome work please stop by Rich's and chat with him, there is some good conversation pieces inside anyway!!
Service Date: 12/14/2016
Review Created: 12/14/2016 02:22 PM
Estelle S. on 08/25/2016
"So Happy"
A few summers ago, my Subaru overheated, basically melting my engine, in California, on my way back to Eugene from a trip to the Napa wine country. After mechanics in Mendocino told me my car was only good for scrapping, Rich not only advised and helped me get my car towed back, but assisted in finding me an excellent engine from a wrecking yard here in Lane County. They put the used engine in my car, for a very reasonable price, and it has worked PERFECTLY ever since! Thank you, Rich's German Motorwerks, you are the BEST!!!
Review Created: 08/25/2016 11:02 AM
Jeff S. on 07/09/2015
"Do your homework first"
I am very disappointed in Rich's German Motorwerks. Rich's "Certified" Mechanics (don't believe that for a second) are not thorough. I had to take my vehicle back to them because they didn't check their work the first time as I was immediately experiencing the same symptoms as when I brought the vehicle in. when I brought it back the owner, Rich said that the work that I had asked them to preform was not the cause of the real issue. He did the work anyways instead of diagnosing the real issue. When I was questioning the "lead mechanic" he stated "I asked my assistant, why are we replacing the wheel bearings? They feel fine" the assistant mechanic replied to him "I'm just doing what I'm told". I was back for the second time to fix the van right (for an additional charge of course...) I had to plead and argue for a lower price so he removed 1 hour labor rate and charged me parts at cost which saved me $137). The next day I picked up the van and I asked the "lead mechanic" did you check it to make sure that was in fact the problem to start with and make sure that there was no more wheel wobble? and he says to me, "No". So I had to have him bring the van back into the shop and put it back up on the lift so that I could personally check his work before leaving. This whole experience was a huge ordeal. I am not one to complain but when a shop advertises to be a specialty shop with certified mechanics, that is what I expect to find. But when the "lead mechanic" questioned the initial work, they didn't stop for one second and reanalyze the situation. No, they decided to go forward with what they already knew wasn't the issue and didn't bother telling me. Taking just a few minutes to diagnose the issue would have saved me $513. But instead I paid $673 for a $300 repair... not happy. Lost a lot of sleep over this very preventable situation. (refer to Yelp reviews before making your decision on going to Richs German Motorwerks)
Service Date: 06/29/2015
Review Created: 07/09/2015 12:06 PM
Mike O. on 12/13/2014
Mike said his overall experience with the business is not good because they could not find the problem but charged him anyway. He also said they broke the dip stick and charged him to have it fixed. He would not recommend the business due to this experience.
Vehicle: Volkswagen New Beetle
Service Date: 12/01/2014
Review Created: 12/13/2014
MARK M. on 12/03/2014
"Oil and brake service"
Did a great job on my last oil and brake service. Also had my brake lines replaced. Nice knowledgeable employees. Did not try to sell me anything I don't need. Will return for my next service and add our VW to their hands.
Vehicle: Audi A4
Service Date: 12/01/2014
Review Created: 12/03/2014 03:35 PM
Chris S. on 11/17/2014
Chris said the mechanic seemed like he had an attitude.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Review Created: 11/17/2014
ROXIE G. on 11/13/2014
"Finally, Someone Who Could Do The Task!!"
I was notified that I had a lower beam headlight out (high beam was working, so it was just a bulb). I started out close to my home and pulled in to 4 different "mechanic" shops to get the bulb replaced. None of them could do it. The last person, thankfully, referred me to Rich's German Motorwerks. I drove there, pulled in was met by one of the employees to discuss what I needed. They were able to IMMEDIATELY pulll my VW in and replace the bulb. I didn't expect them to be available so quickly, but they were! Friendly and efficient. THANK YOU!!
Vehicle: Volkswagen New Beetle
Review Created: 11/13/2014 11:35 AM
Ronnie D. on 11/13/2014
Ronnie said the business was really good.
Vehicle: Audi A6
Review Created: 11/13/2014
DALE D. on 11/11/2014
"Good all around"
These folks were prompt, accurate in estimating and got the work done when promised, all for a reasonable price. The work was professionally done.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Review Created: 11/11/2014 09:10 PM
Allen S. on 10/14/2014
Allen said he was really happy with what they did and they finished it faster than he expected.
Vehicle: BMW Z3
Service Date: 10/11/2014
Review Created: 10/14/2014
Mark P. on 10/10/2014
Mark said he was stranded and from out of town and the owner really helped him out. He could have been charged anything because he was stranded but instead they gave him a really good quote. He was very thankful for how fast they worked on the vehicle and how they let his vehicle stay inside the business overnight. He is very thankful for how helpful they were.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Review Created: 10/10/2014
Lonnie P. on 09/30/2014
Lonnie said the service was good. The part worked.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Beetle
Review Created: 09/30/2014
Shari R. on 09/29/2014
Shari said they communicated well and everything was fine.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Super Beetle
Review Created: 09/29/2014
Jerry D. on 09/17/2014
Jerry said this business delivered what he asked of them, and on time. They did well, and the price was good.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CLK320
Review Created: 09/17/2014
Emily C. on 09/12/2014
Emily said that she was very happy with the service done on the vehicle. It took an hour and a half to change one light bulb on the headlight of her vehicle.
Vehicle: BMW 740iL
Review Created: 09/12/2014
Kyle K. on 09/11/2014
Kyle said he thought they did a great job and they were very attentive.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Review Created: 09/11/2014
Robert J. on 09/10/2014
Robert said he had a great experience at this business. They got the work done, and he was very satisfied with the work.
Review Created: 09/10/2014
John T. on 08/20/2014
John said the customer service was not good and the mechanic was rude. He said his vehicle was towed back to the business to fix it. He will not recommend them due to this experience.
Service Date: 08/14/2014
Review Created: 08/20/2014
Sandra M. on 08/16/2014
Sandra said this business was great and this was a good experience.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C240
Service Date: 08/04/2014
Review Created: 08/16/2014
Erick J. on 08/16/2014
Erick said this business did a great job and everything works perfectly. The service was really simple and easy. They had a quick turnaround and he only waited a few days.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E320