Latest Review about 1 month ago

Lloyd W.
Blossom, TX
Chrysler 300
09/11/2017 Category: Service
Lloyd said he was disappointed with the people working at the business.
Ronnie & Regina M., Owners from Road Runner Service & Tire responded on 10/09/2017

I'm sorry you were unhappy with us test driving your vehicle. When we make the kind of suspension repairs and a front wheel alignment, it is part of the job and agreement to test drive it and make sure everything is working properly before we consider your car ready to give back to you. This keeps you from being inconvienced with coming back with a car pulling, wearing tires or a steering wheel being off center. Sometimes it is nessesarry to test drive them more than once depending on the type of repairs that was made. In your case, your vehicle had to be driven a couple of times. I'm sorry you are under the impression are technician was out joy riding all day in your car... that is simple not true and obviously we can no longer help you with your repairs if you do not trust us to do the job you hired us to do.

HS
Howard S.
Paris, TX
12/18/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Kalss. She said her husband was very pleased, but the prices there are higher than at other businesses.

KE
Kenneth E.
Texas
07/18/2015 Category: Service
Kenneth said this business told him they would order the parts overnight and to have his vehicle there at 8:00 am. They did not start working on the vehicle until 12:00 pm. The repairs were complete and he was able to pick up his vehicle at 6:00 pm. The work was good.

QG
Quinton G.
Hugo, OK
02/19/2015 Category: Service
Quinton said this business was overpriced and chose to go somewhere else. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.

BL
BOB L.
Sumner, TX
Chevrolet Pickup
09/30/2014
Inconsistent service
Ronny, I admire you as a friend and love you as a Christian Brother, but am afraid that I am not satisfied with the service of your folks. After almost twenty years, I no longer trust the people you have working for you. I realize that if I take my business elsewhere, you will not notice, but as a friend I think it only fair that I tell you why (even if I am wrong in your mind).

My pickup was getting hard to start after sitting overnight, the fuel pump would pump all right but would not start easily. After once starting, it would be fine for the rest of the day. I suspected the pressure regulator which I thought was mounted on the intake manifold rail. It turns out that it is part of the fuel pump.

I asked Rick if I could leave it and check it out, which they did and replaced the fuel pump which corrected the starting problem...good job. When I dropped the pickup off I immediately received a call from Rick that when the mechanic was driving on the the rack, the brakes failed and almost ran off the rack (and over someone?) and that the master cylinder was empty and both rear cylinders were leaking and ruined the pads and the rear seal was bad allowing differential oil to also contaminate the brakes...and the front wheel bearings were so worn that the wheels are about to fall off...OH my God, I had just escaped a terrible tragedy! Also the serpentine belt was ready to break at any minute. I readily agreed to do whatever was necessary because I trust your shop. I asked that the parts be returned to me. I was curious to see whether it is possible to replace the pressure regulator separate from the fuel pump and I use the old serpentine belts in the barn to hang stuff.

When I picked it up (Friday), I noticed the brakes felt a bit spongy and heard a squeal under the hood.

Now I have it home, the brake pedal goes almost to the floor, spongy, with what appears to be air in the line. I'm afraid to hook a trailer of hay to it. Keep in mind that I have been using this pickup daily and it was working fine except for the starting and slack in the parking brake. The air conditioner hose was bent so it is being cut by the pulley . And finally I did not see the parts that were replaced.

What I would have preferred, is that they replaced the fuel pump and then advised me that I should consider some of the other problems instead of “hustling” me like Precision Auto or the dealer. I was having the oil changed so tey would have filled the brake master cylinder and then advised me that it was empty and to check it out.

I realize that I am unreasonable and that you really don't need the hassle of 'malcontents', so I apologize.

JE
JED E.
Paris, TX
GMC Pickup
12/21/2013
truck still running rough
I took my truck in was told computer port was bad. Got it home all that was wrong with it was blown fuse.... Took truck back they did get the timing code issue fixed. However truck still running rough.. They just said run some gunk through gas. Not very confident in their diagnostic abilities.
Ronnie & Regina M., Owners from Road Runner Service & Tire responded on 12/30/2013

Dear Mr. Eaton,
We are sorry you feel that the diagnoses and repair that was made to your 1998 GMC was not up to your standards. A truck this age with 121892 miles on it will sometimes take several trips to eliminate all possible issues. When you brought the truck into our shop, you stated you had been working on it yourself and sometimes that itself can be an issue. As any ASE technician knows, a “running rough” symptom is sometimes a process of elimination. We start with running the computer codes and repair those things that are associated with a “running rough” symptom first. We at Road Runner Service Center & Tire pride ourselves on honesty & integrity and we are VERY confident in our diagnostic abilities and our overall reviews reflect this.
Again, we are sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations. Sincerely, Regi & Ronnie Melton, owners