LH
Linda H.
Bryans Road, MD
Ford Expedition
05/10/2017 Category: Service
Linda said they wanted to install a part, without knowing what was wrong with her vehicle. She will never return again.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 05/12/2017

FIRST OFF, YOU NEVER BROUGHT YOUR VEHICLE INTO US, COBEY DROPPED IT OFF, HE SAID YOU WANTED IT CHECKED OUT FOR SHUTTING OFF, AND NOT RESTARTING. THEN YOU CAME BY AND I TALKED TO YOU; YOU SAID THAT THE VEHICLE HAS CUT OFF ON YOU NUMEROUS TIMES AND THAT SOMETIMES IT WOULD RESTART AND SOMETIMES IT WOULDN'T AND YOU WOULD HAVE IT TOWED TO ? AND THEN IT WOUKD START AGAIN. YOU EVEN SHOWED ME YOUR NEW FUEL PUMP THAT YOU HAD PURCHASED. I TOLD YOU LETS TRY IT AND IT STARTED. I ALSO TOLD YOU THAT IN MY OPINION IT WOULD BE WISE TO GO AHEAD AND INSTALL THE FUEL PUMP. YOU LEFT SAYING YOU WOULD GET BACK TO US, AFTER A WEEK COBEY STOPPED IN AND WE TOLD HIM ABOUT THE CONVERSATION, HE SAID YEAH SHE IS INDECISIVE AND WANTS A GUARRENTEE  THAT IS THE PROBLEM. I TOLD HIM I WOULD GO AHEAD AND CHECK IT OUT. I DID THAT AND THE PUMP FAILED TO HOLD PRESSURE AFTER SHUT DOWN AND THEREFORE MUST BE REPLACED. WHILE CHECKING THE PRESSURE AT THE SCHADER THE PLASTIC HEAT SHUT OFF VALVE(WHICH WAS MOUNTED RIGHT ABOVE THE SCHRADER VALVE CRACKED, NOT SURPRISING WITH OVER 238,000 MILE S ON IT. HAD TO REPLACE SO COBEY COULD PAY FOR IT AND PICK IT UP. SHE WAS UPSET WE HAD CHARGED HER FOR THE VALVE AND THUS THE BAD REVIEW. SHE HAD NEVER BEEN A CUSTOMER BEFORE, SO BE IT, THE REASON WE SAW IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS APARENTLY HARD TO DIAGNOIS THE "BAD" FUEL PUMP.

George Grieninger

MICHELLE W.
Indian Head, MD
Dodge Intrepid
04/20/2017
Nothing Happy
diagnose my car with the wrong problem I was told I need an engine computer purchase and computer had it installed and engine light still On..took car to another Shop computer check come to find out I need it out oxygen sensor ..
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 04/26/2017

Lets start with what the customer brought her car in for. vehicle was stalling and running poorly, customer stated her "boyfriend had already replaced the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. He couldn't repair it so you brought it in for us to diagnois. We checked the computer and found codes p0335, p0339, p0340, p0344. we cleared the codes and started the engine, it ran rough, test drove around the building and the codes returned. we then went to check the circuits of the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. when we disconnected the 2nd plug on the computer(wires to those sensors) we discovered that the pcm had failed and overheated melting the circuits inside and oozing a chemical out of the pcm body. reported are findings to the customer with an estimate. She called back and said her boyfriend was going to replace the pcm and she was going to call the mobile programmer we had once given her the number to previously and have him do the programming. So the customer picked up the vehicle. Our job was done, so we thought. apparently she had a different pcm installed and programmed? and they found the check engine light was on, presumably with a different code(o2 sensors). I do not appreciate the statement insinuating we misdiagnoised your vehicle. we where not given the opertunity to finish this job due to the fact that the customer did not have us do "ANY REPAIRS" only diagnostics.

George Grieninger