SD

Accokeek, MD
Chrysler Sebring
09/09/2019
Rude and dishonest
My car was not fixed correctly and when I brought it to the owners attention he got rude and disrespectful. I will not be back to this place ever again. Very unprofessional.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 09/09/2019

WHERE TO BEGIN, CUSTOMER POPPED IN SEPTEMBER 6TH AND ASKED US TO REPLACE THE CATALYTIC CONERTER, AND DRIVERS SIDE OUTER TIE ROD END, SHE HAD PURCHASED THE PARTS. WE HAD GIVEN HERE AN ESTIMATE ON THE 4TH OF SEPTEMBER. WE DID AS REQUESTED. THE REAR CONVERTER IS WHAT SHE SUPPLIED, ASKED TO RECHECK WHICH OUTER TIE ROD END WAS BAD, THE DRIVERS SIDE(LEFT WAS BAD) WE REPLACED IT USING HER PART. ALL GOOD(?) SHE CALLS MONDAY MORNING STARTS WITH, IS YOUR LABOR $100. @ HR. I SAID YES IT IS, SHE RESPONDED THAT SHE COULD HAVE GONE TO A DEALER, I TOLD HER NOT LIKELY, THEN SHE SAYS THE RIGHT FRONT WHEEL IS SHAKING, DID WE REPLACE THE CORRECT TIE ROD END, I TOLD HERE THE LEFT TIE ROD HAD MOVEMENT, THE RIGHT DID NOT, SHE STATED THAT WE HAD DONE THE WRONG TIE ROD END, I TOLD HER I HAD THE PART WE TOOK OF HER CAR AND WE DID THE BAD TIE ROD END, THEN STATED I HAD MISS REPRESENTED THE COST OF INSTALLING THE LEFT CAT( WE HAD GIVEN HER AN ESTIMATE TO DO BOTH CATS, SHE ONLY BOUGHT ONE AND IT WAS THE RIGHT SIDE(FIREWAll SIDE) THAT ONE CALLED FOR 2 HOURS, THAT WAS THE CHARGE. AS FAR AS COMING BACK, WELL IT IS A FREE MARKET, I"VE ALWAYS TOLD A CUSTOMER THAT IF YOU DON'T TRUXT US, THEN PLEAS FIND SOMEONE YOU CAN. I WAS NOT RUDE I JUST ANSWERED HER QUESTIONS, SHE DIDN'T LIKE THE RESPONSE.

Jerry B.
Port Tobacco, MD
Honda Civic Sdn
03/27/2018 Category: Service
Jerry said the service was okay. However, the work was expensive and the employees did not inform him of his options.

LH
Linda H.
Bryans Road, MD
Ford Expedition
05/10/2017 Category: Service
Linda said they wanted to install a part, without knowing what was wrong with her vehicle. She will never return again.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 05/12/2017

FIRST OFF, YOU NEVER BROUGHT YOUR VEHICLE INTO US, COBEY DROPPED IT OFF, HE SAID YOU WANTED IT CHECKED OUT FOR SHUTTING OFF, AND NOT RESTARTING. THEN YOU CAME BY AND I TALKED TO YOU; YOU SAID THAT THE VEHICLE HAS CUT OFF ON YOU NUMEROUS TIMES AND THAT SOMETIMES IT WOULD RESTART AND SOMETIMES IT WOULDN'T AND YOU WOULD HAVE IT TOWED TO ? AND THEN IT WOUKD START AGAIN. YOU EVEN SHOWED ME YOUR NEW FUEL PUMP THAT YOU HAD PURCHASED. I TOLD YOU LETS TRY IT AND IT STARTED. I ALSO TOLD YOU THAT IN MY OPINION IT WOULD BE WISE TO GO AHEAD AND INSTALL THE FUEL PUMP. YOU LEFT SAYING YOU WOULD GET BACK TO US, AFTER A WEEK COBEY STOPPED IN AND WE TOLD HIM ABOUT THE CONVERSATION, HE SAID YEAH SHE IS INDECISIVE AND WANTS A GUARRENTEE  THAT IS THE PROBLEM. I TOLD HIM I WOULD GO AHEAD AND CHECK IT OUT. I DID THAT AND THE PUMP FAILED TO HOLD PRESSURE AFTER SHUT DOWN AND THEREFORE MUST BE REPLACED. WHILE CHECKING THE PRESSURE AT THE SCHADER THE PLASTIC HEAT SHUT OFF VALVE(WHICH WAS MOUNTED RIGHT ABOVE THE SCHRADER VALVE CRACKED, NOT SURPRISING WITH OVER 238,000 MILE S ON IT. HAD TO REPLACE SO COBEY COULD PAY FOR IT AND PICK IT UP. SHE WAS UPSET WE HAD CHARGED HER FOR THE VALVE AND THUS THE BAD REVIEW. SHE HAD NEVER BEEN A CUSTOMER BEFORE, SO BE IT, THE REASON WE SAW IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS APARENTLY HARD TO DIAGNOIS THE "BAD" FUEL PUMP.

MICHELLE W.
Dodge Intrepid
04/20/2017
Nothing Happy
diagnose my car with the wrong problem I was told I need an engine computer purchase and computer had it installed and engine light still On..took car to another Shop computer check come to find out I need it out oxygen sensor ..
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 04/26/2017

Lets start with what the customer brought her car in for. vehicle was stalling and running poorly, customer stated her "boyfriend had already replaced the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. He couldn't repair it so you brought it in for us to diagnois. We checked the computer and found codes p0335, p0339, p0340, p0344. we cleared the codes and started the engine, it ran rough, test drove around the building and the codes returned. we then went to check the circuits of the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. when we disconnected the 2nd plug on the computer(wires to those sensors) we discovered that the pcm had failed and overheated melting the circuits inside and oozing a chemical out of the pcm body. reported are findings to the customer with an estimate. She called back and said her boyfriend was going to replace the pcm and she was going to call the mobile programmer we had once given her the number to previously and have him do the programming. So the customer picked up the vehicle. Our job was done, so we thought. apparently she had a different pcm installed and programmed? and they found the check engine light was on, presumably with a different code(o2 sensors). I do not appreciate the statement insinuating we misdiagnoised your vehicle. we where not given the opertunity to finish this job due to the fact that the customer did not have us do "ANY REPAIRS" only diagnostics.

John D.
07/29/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Kevin. He said he asked them if the vehicle was worth fixing and they said yes. They fixed it and charged him $800 and two days later it broke down because of that they did to it. So he just wasted $800 he will not recommend this facility to any one.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 07/31/2016

CUSTOMER DROPPED OFF THE VEHICLE AND ASKED IF WE COULD LOOK IT OVER AS TO WHY IT WOULD NOT START. WE FOUND THE THE FUEL PUMP WAS SHOT! AND THE ALTERNATOR WAS "LOCKED" UP. WE REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP AND ALTERNATOR, ALSO NOTED AND REPAIRED A BROKEN SECTION OF EXHAUST PIPE ALL TOTAL $790.89. WE RAN THE VEHICLE HERE AND TOOK ON A TEST DRIVE. CUSTOMER PAID AND DROVE THE VEHICLE AWAY, NO SIGN OF ANY TROUBLE WHEN LEAVING. WE DO NOT HAVE A CRYSTALL BALL TO ALLOW US TO TELL HOW LONG A VEHICLE WILL LAST, BUT NOTE WE HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THIS CUSTOMER, SO I AM ASSUMMING NOTHING WE DID CAUSED WHATEVER THE PROBLEM IS NOW. i AM SORRY YOU FEEL THAT IT IS OUR FAULT.

JARONTAE C.
01/17/2020
Good service, honest workers
good Service, better prices, and people you can trust
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/22/2020

Thank you Mr Coates, we appreciate the great review.

TH
Tommy H.
Mercury Montego
01/14/2020 Category: Service
Tommy said they do good work. He said he doesn't have any complaints. He said everything was done to his satisfaction.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/16/2020

Long time customer. Thank you Tommy.

AT
Ashley T.
01/14/2020 Category: Service
Ashley said everything is working perfectly. She said their service was fairly priced.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/16/2020

Thank you Ashley. Glad that we could get you up and running.

01/03/2020
Needed a oil change
I'll stop by to get a oil change I was quick in and out in less than 15 minutes best service in town
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/14/2020

Thats the way it is most of the time. Just give us a call and see if we are able to get you in. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

VS
Vernon S.
01/03/2020 Category: Service
Vernon said they were thorough and kept in touch with him, gave him feedback and let him know about everything that was going on.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/14/2020

Thanks for the excellent review Mr Smith. See you soon.

MIKE B.
Bryans Road, MD
12/25/2019
Service maintenance
I have been taking my vehicles to scooters for magor and minor repairs for over two years. The service is always great along with reasonable prices. Scooters was recommended to me by a friend and I have since, recommended this shop to all my friends and neighbors, especially if your vehicle is no longer covered under a factory warranty. No job is too small or too large for Scooters Place. A great find.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/14/2020

Thank you for the kind words Mike. We appreciate you telling your friends and neighbors. Looking forward to many more years of serving you.

JAMES K.
Ford Escort
12/24/2019
Very positive review
The personal attention and detailed explanation of repair options so that they were clearly understood was terrific!
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/14/2020

We believe that there is not much worse of a feeling than throwing hundreds if not sometimes thousands of dollars at something and not knowing why. Our guys will explain the hows and whys of what went wrong and what options you have to either get you by if possible or repair your vehicle completely. They will also with hesitation tell you whether or not your vehicle is in their opinion worth spending money on it. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you.

KK
KRIS K.
La Plata, MD
Suzuki Vitara
12/23/2019
I was surprise with the fast and efficient work. Very pleased. I'll keep them in mind for future automotive issues.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/14/2020

We like to get you in and out with as little fuss as possible. Thanks for your patronage sir. Hope to see you soon even it it is just for an oil change.

Sam W.
Honda Civic Si
12/18/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Richard. He said he can take a vehicle and drop it off and they will have it done the same day. They do real good and do it quickly. They are local in the community. They are good people. They do follow up calls to make sure everything is good.
George or B. from Scooters Place responded on 01/14/2020

Thank you Sam. We have been here since 1983 so yes we are local. And know just about everybody that we service. But we sure like to meet new people too. Tell your buddies and tell your pals. We will be here for as long as cars have tires.