Cory W. on 04/18/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Rip off"
My girlfriend went there by herself to get an oil change and they completely ripped her off. They charged her way too much and tried to sell her extra stuff she didn't need.
Service Date: 04/18/2018
Review Created: 04/18/2018 10:04 AM
Clint D. at Shade Tree Auto responded on 04/18/2018

Cory,
I'd like to figure out what happened, can you let us know the name of our customer that brought her car in so I can pull up the information? We wouldn't have been in this business this long if we weren't trying to work in our customer's best interest, and we certainly don't want you or your girlfriend to have a bad impression of our business. If she wasn't happy with the service, we owe her a refund at the minimum. Please contact me at service@shadetreeauto.biz, or 515-986-5241 so we can straigten everything out. Thank you, Clint Dudley- Owner.

Steve T. on 04/09/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Re[pair done right the first time"
I purchased tires from Tire Rack and had them sent to Firestone on Urbandale Drive as I have done in the past. I had Firestone mount and balance the tires. I received a call from them stating that the alignment was off and needed re-aligned. I thought that this was strange since the tires that I had replaced showed no sign of misalignment nor did the vehicle pull in any direction. However, after spending over $800 on tires I decided to have them realign the vehicle. After I got back to work I reviewed the documentation of the alignment and noticed that it was not within specifications. I took it back and they could not believe that it was not checked by a manager to ensure it was within specifications. They realigned it and I drove it back to work and noticed it pulled to the left and that the steering wheel was off center. At that point I called Shade Tree and they worked it into their schedule since I had advised them that I had to take it on a 700 mile trip the next day. That's when I discovered that they install tires and performed alignments. The Suburban drove perfect and the steering wheel was exactly aligned. I will be replacing tires on my Chrysler 300 this year and it will be through Shade Tree. I have had Shade Tree work on my vehicles in the past and the work was done right the first time. Also note that they take very good care of your car so you don't have to worry about your vehicle getting any damage as I have with other automotive repair shops.
Service Date: 04/05/2018
Review Created: 04/09/2018 10:04 AM
Louise H. on 03/12/2018
"Honesty & Integrity "
I highly recommend Shade Tree Auto because I know when I bring in my car, I will receive the best care on my car. I respect their work. I went in for my regular oil change and in their checking my car they noticed a couple of filters dirty, brought them into the office and showed them to me and recommended the service I should receive at this time and service that could wait until the next oil change. I appreciated it. I know they have my back!! Thank you Shade Tree Auto!! Louise
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 03/01/2018
Review Created: 03/12/2018 06:31 AM
Ashley L. on 03/06/2018
"Highly recommend!"
Shade Tree Auto is my preferred shop of choice for all my vehicle maintenance. The staff is so friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction. The new facility is amazing and they offer loaner vehicles at no charge! The diagnostic reports they send prior to actually doing the repairs are extremely helpful and the staff is honest with you about what needs to be done and what can wait if you're on a tight budget. Highly recommend Shade Tree Auto!!!
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 03/01/2018
Review Created: 03/06/2018 07:57 AM
Louann H. on 03/06/2018
"Wonderful staff"
Great auto shop. Always looking out for the customer regardless of the issues.
Vehicle: BMW X3
Service Date: 02/05/2018
Review Created: 03/06/2018 07:16 AM
Justin P. on 03/05/2018
"Jeep Liberty"
You guys were absolutely amazing, making something that could be extremely stressful feel seamless and comforting
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 02/22/2018
Review Created: 03/05/2018 09:03 PM
Rhonda B. on 01/22/2018
"Great Customer Service"
Dropped my car off at 730am for an oil change. Clint gave me a ride to work in West Des Moines. Offered to pick me up as well. Pam, their service advisor, kept me updated on my vehicle and let me know when it was ready. Great people to work with and it's the only place I'll take my vehicle.
Service Date: 01/16/2018
Review Created: 01/22/2018 12:43 PM
Emilio M. on 01/19/2018
"Highly recommended"
Shade Tree is at the top of my list for any repairs to my vehicle. Pam and Dustin are friendly, accurate and on top of everything. Having a loaner helps a lot also.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 12/29/2017
Review Created: 01/15/2018 01:27 PM
Mike O. on 01/13/2018
"Good small shop"
I've used them several times in the past year, They are always helpful and timely.
Service Date: 12/26/2017
Review Created: 01/13/2018 10:38 AM
Mike P. on 01/13/2018
"Super Service! "
Shipped around but thought I'd give them a try. Wow, I'm glad I did! Got an appointment right away. Had a complete assessment of my truck the next day with costs. Told them what I wanted fixed and it was taken care of. Things were fixed right the first time! Couple of days later was reviewing the breakdown of what they found and decided to get some other things taken care of. Have them a call again. They got me in the next day!

Customer service is superb. Prices are right. Facilities are top notch.

They are my go-to auto servicing now!
Service Date: 12/27/2017
Review Created: 01/13/2018 06:55 AM
Mary S. on 01/13/2018
"The Shade Tree Auto team are always so kind. "
I have been taking my vehicle to Shade Tree Auto for many years and can’t compliment the entire team enough. The staff and technicians are always helpful, informative and so pleasant. I trust that they are taking great care of my vehicle, offering recommendations and service plans so that I can keep my car in the best possible condition.
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Review Created: 01/13/2018 05:07 AM
Nick H. on 12/18/2017
"Great service "
I really enjoy bring my vehicle to shade tree. Extremely professional service.
Service Date: 12/18/2017
Review Created: 12/18/2017 08:18 PM
Alina S. on 12/15/2017
"The people who work there like Pam"
This was my first visit to Shade Tree Auto and I am a satisfied customer. We are transplants from DE/MD - the East coast and we had a wonderful automotive place there where we took our cars. Shade Tree Auto is very much like that. There was never any pressure to do more maintenance and/or preventative maintenance than was necessary. I was informed about something that we could re-visit the next time my car goes in for routine maintenance. It was lovely to meet Pam and I felt very comfortable in their waiting area while I was waiting for my spouse. They definitely have my business and, my spouse's as well.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 12/14/2017
Review Created: 12/15/2017 07:27 AM
Jessica S. on 12/14/2017
"Fast service"
Shadetree is awesome, fast friendly service, and they don’t pressure you to fix things that don’t need fixing. The most honest and reputable shop I’ve ever worked with.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 12/14/2017
Review Created: 12/14/2017 08:12 PM
Dean B. on 11/23/2017
"2000 Toyota Solara"
This is the ONLY place I consider when needing expert, reliable auto repairs at a fair price!
Vehicle: Toyota Camry Solara
Service Date: 11/22/2017
Review Created: 11/23/2017 08:41 AM
Janet S. on 11/17/2017
"Great service and personnel."
STA explains what is wrong and informs you of if the repair can wait or needs to be done ASAP. Safety is an important part of their concern.
The drive form and to vehicle is a great extra service and the staff is very accommodating.
Vehicle: GMC Jimmy
Service Date: 11/16/2017
Review Created: 11/17/2017 08:31 AM
Denae M. on 11/05/2017
"Excellent Company with Top Notch Customer Service"
I can't say enough good things about Shade Tree Auto. Honesty, integrity, affordable, and superb customer service. I tell everyone I know that if they need work done, they should use this shop. Took my old 96 Jeep in for a tune up and check up. They were very thorough and sent me a link via text to a complete report on my car. In the end, they told me my jeep was in great shape. They did change the oil and recommend new bulbs in the tail lights. If you are in need or maintenance or repairs, I highly recommend Shade Tree!
Vehicle: Jeep Cherokee
Service Date: 10/26/2017
Review Created: 11/05/2017 09:51 AM
Valued Customer on 11/03/2017
"honest and professional "
I am impressed on fast response evaluating repair and service
Service Date: 11/01/2017