06/18/2018
Great experience with Shade Tree Auto
I found a nail stuck in the rear tire and it was not holding air pressure. Called Shade Tree Auto and explained my problem. They told to bring my car immediately and had someone take a look at it within an hour. Since the tire was not repairable (they tried that first) they ordered a new one and installed it next day. Overall, very smooth customer service, no pressure, and they take time to explain. Their new building is very nice and the owner even will give you a ride if you need it.

Josh P.
06/17/2018
Exceptional Service and work
Shade Tree Auto went above and beyond to ensure that my wife's car was fixed, that she had a vehicle to drive in the meantime, and that we were informed along the way. They are honest, fair, and really, really good at what they do. They also have the nicest restrooms I've ever seen in a public building!

V
Valued Customer
06/11/2018
Service the week of June 4th
Website is hard to read and cannot enlarge it. Everyone there is friendly, professional and helpful.. Service work is exceptional and timely. Easy to work with.

SR
Steve R.
05/29/2018
I brought one of my vehicles in for new tires and a few maintenance items. They had my loaner car waiting for and let me know as soon as my vehicle was done. There is no other shop that I trust more with my vehicles.

Josh P.
05/17/2018
Customer Service like no other
We just moved to the area and Shade Tree was recommended to us by friends from Des Moines. The customer service was unmatched. Everyone from the front desk, the service mechanics, and even the owner treated us like we were the most important people they would see all day. Their pricing was competitive, and the work was completed well. I would highly recommend Shade Tree.

Polk City, IA
05/15/2018
Honest answers
Shade Tree tells you what is the most important need for your vehicle and what is not. No matter if you drive a new vehicle or older model, Shade Tree provides great quality work and customer service.

EF
Elizabeth F.
Des Moines, IA
05/13/2018
Outstanding
I love this place!

05/07/2018
Service performed quickly. Text message alert of completion and inspection. No pressure tactics. Very helpful with all questions.

05/04/2018
Oil change and loaner
Had to get an oil change and needed a loaner car to do some stuff and Shade Tree as always was very accommodating and very reasonable with their prices. Highly recommend this place to anyone.

Darrell M.
05/04/2018
The Very Best Auto Repair Shop
Clint's staff always gives GREAT, HONEST service! I am not afraid to and have recommended Shade Tree Auto to many friends and family.

Cory W.
04/18/2018
Rip off
My girlfriend went there by herself to get an oil change and they completely ripped her off. They charged her way too much and tried to sell her extra stuff she didn't need.
Clint D. from Shade Tree Auto responded on 04/18/2018

Cory,
I'd like to figure out what happened, can you let us know the name of our customer that brought her car in so I can pull up the information? We wouldn't have been in this business this long if we weren't trying to work in our customer's best interest, and we certainly don't want you or your girlfriend to have a bad impression of our business. If she wasn't happy with the service, we owe her a refund at the minimum. Please contact me at service@shadetreeauto.biz, or 515-986-5241 so we can straigten everything out. Thank you, Clint Dudley- Owner.

ST
Steve T.
04/09/2018
Re[pair done right the first time
I purchased tires from Tire Rack and had them sent to Firestone on Urbandale Drive as I have done in the past. I had Firestone mount and balance the tires. I received a call from them stating that the alignment was off and needed re-aligned. I thought that this was strange since the tires that I had replaced showed no sign of misalignment nor did the vehicle pull in any direction. However, after spending over $800 on tires I decided to have them realign the vehicle. After I got back to work I reviewed the documentation of the alignment and noticed that it was not within specifications. I took it back and they could not believe that it was not checked by a manager to ensure it was within specifications. They realigned it and I drove it back to work and noticed it pulled to the left and that the steering wheel was off center. At that point I called Shade Tree and they worked it into their schedule since I had advised them that I had to take it on a 700 mile trip the next day. That's when I discovered that they install tires and performed alignments. The Suburban drove perfect and the steering wheel was exactly aligned. I will be replacing tires on my Chrysler 300 this year and it will be through Shade Tree. I have had Shade Tree work on my vehicles in the past and the work was done right the first time. Also note that they take very good care of your car so you don't have to worry about your vehicle getting any damage as I have with other automotive repair shops.

LH
Louise H.
03/12/2018
Honesty & Integrity
I highly recommend Shade Tree Auto because I know when I bring in my car, I will receive the best care on my car. I respect their work. I went in for my regular oil change and in their checking my car they noticed a couple of filters dirty, brought them into the office and showed them to me and recommended the service I should receive at this time and service that could wait until the next oil change. I appreciated it. I know they have my back!! Thank you Shade Tree Auto!! Louise

AL
Ashley L.
03/06/2018
Highly recommend!
Shade Tree Auto is my preferred shop of choice for all my vehicle maintenance. The staff is so friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile for customer satisfaction. The new facility is amazing and they offer loaner vehicles at no charge! The diagnostic reports they send prior to actually doing the repairs are extremely helpful and the staff is honest with you about what needs to be done and what can wait if you're on a tight budget. Highly recommend Shade Tree Auto!!!

LH
Louann H.
West Des Moines, IA
03/06/2018
Wonderful staff
Great auto shop. Always looking out for the customer regardless of the issues.

Justin P.
Des Moines, IA
Jeep Liberty
03/05/2018
Jeep Liberty
You guys were absolutely amazing, making something that could be extremely stressful feel seamless and comforting

Rhonda B.
01/22/2018
Great Customer Service
Dropped my car off at 730am for an oil change. Clint gave me a ride to work in West Des Moines. Offered to pick me up as well. Pam, their service advisor, kept me updated on my vehicle and let me know when it was ready. Great people to work with and it's the only place I'll take my vehicle.

EM
Emilio M.
01/19/2018
Highly recommended
Shade Tree is at the top of my list for any repairs to my vehicle. Pam and Dustin are friendly, accurate and on top of everything. Having a loaner helps a lot also.

TC

MO
Mike O.
01/13/2018
Good small shop
I've used them several times in the past year, They are always helpful and timely.