Overall Rating 4.3478283/5Overall Rating 4.3478283/5Overall Rating 4.3478283/5Overall Rating 4.3478283/5rating 4.3478283
Overall Rating 2.56522/5Overall Rating 2.56522/5rating 2.56522rating 2.56522rating 2.56522

SZ
Stacey Z.
Lakewood, NY
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/28/2019 Category: Service
ReScore NYS Inspection
After reading my initial review, I got a phone call from Paul. He apologized for the poor service I had received & said they were going to give me a complete detail for my car. When I hadn’t called him back by the next day I received a follow up call from Levi. I called back, spoke with Paul. It’s nice to know they take these surveys seriously.

10/28/2019 Category: Service
NYS inspection took too long
See previous remarks
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 10/29/2019

I reached out to the customer and am waiting for a call back...

PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 10/31/2019

Thanks for the rescore, we look forward to taking care of your vehicle in the future.

Deborah B.
Mayville, NY
2012 Hyundai Tucson
09/18/2019 Category: Service
Car repair
The service department repair personnel are very sloppy workers!
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 09/23/2019

Working on resolving concerns with the customer.

Clymer, NY
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/30/2019 Category: Service
double check
No comment
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 09/04/2019

Called the customer and left a message with them. Hoping to follow up and talk about the survey.

WW
William W.
2008 Hyundai Tucson
07/23/2019 Category: Service
Little disappointed, but still a fan!
Always positive and kind .had headlight replaced a week prior only to note it was focused up into the trees. Returned auto to have it corrected ( was charged $) AND also have tires rotated and oil changed. Upon getting into my car, after service, I found fresh oil on drivers armrest. Luckily I didn’t get it on my shirt. Not a good experience but will continue having my car serviced there. Considering having my car detailed soon. Not certain if I will take it there or elsewhere.
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 07/25/2019

Good afternoon. I would like to offer you a free detail for the oil that was on your arm rest. Please call me at the dealership. 716-526-0601 Thank you.

06/27/2019 Category: Service
Great experience
Getting my oil changed was a great experience

06/27/2019 Category: Service
Average
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 06/28/2019

I do apologise about the time delay. We will work on this for you.

I know Levi reached out to you today, Thank you for taking the time to follow up with another review for us.

Jeremy K.
Salamanca, NY
2012 Hyundai Genesis
06/03/2019 Category: Service
It’s a dealership
Neither the best nor the worst, I just got unlucky this time around. Would still try them again.
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 06/06/2019

Thanks you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I see we only scored a 3 star ratting. We do strive for 5 stars with every customer. I know you had to wait for the transmission fluid and then for the fuel relay that we ordered for you. I apologize for the time it took to get the car repaired and back to you. Not sure if anyone told you, but we did not charge any extra for the fuel relay due to the time it took for this repair. I hope we have done enough to keep your business in the future. You will be getting another survey via E mail in the next few days. If you would take the time to fill it out again, I would greatly appreciate it. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to call. Thank You for your time.

Sugar Grove, PA
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/18/2019 Category: Service
my issues resolved
Went in for the 3 recalls and they were resolved. My car passed.

03/18/2019 Category: Service
honest assessment from my point of view.
Went to dealership for recalls. I don't like the dealerships to do work for me as they always find things they say I need in addition to what I am there for. I almost always decline and have my regular mechanic check it out. I don't want to be told I need rotors if I do not. That happened about 3 yrs. ago. Last week when I got an inspection, I had rotors put on my car because I did at this time need them. Do not trust dealerships to be honest, they just want to make money at my expense....that is the bottom line. A positive is the woman at the counter was very pleasant.

This is in response to the ? about recommending this business to a friend....I answered no because there is not an in between answer. I personally do not like dealerships of any kind, so it is hard to recommend one to any one.
KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 03/19/2019

I apologize that you have had poor dealership experiences in the past.  Here at Shults Hyundai of Lakewood we practice the transparency business practice in both sales and service.  I appreciate the compliment as being pleasant to work with, that means we are doing our job.  We strive to be a 5 star facility here at Shults Hyundai of Lakewood and appreciate all comments.  We use them all as a tool to be the best in the industry.

LH
Lana H.
2015 Hyundai Veloster
01/16/2019 Category: Service
Problems Resolved
After noting a couple of issues that I had with the service department, the problems were immediately addressed and remedied. It again reflects the great consultants/managers in how accommodating/communicative they are. They take concerns seriously and fix them.

01/16/2019 Category: Service
Ok
The consultants are great. They are very accommodating and communicative. However, both times I got my vehicle (first tire change and then replacement) my car smelled very strongly of smoke. I doubt anyone was smoking in my car, but perhaps smoking is permitted too close to the vehicles they are working on and it comes through the vents.

Also, I used to go to the Chevrolet service center and then Ford/Hyundai before Hyundai separated, and both places would do courtesy inspections of the vehicle with a report card. I miss that and preferred the service that I received from both of those locations.

I continue to go to Hyundai because of the parts/warranty, but so far the warranty hasn’t covered anything, so I may switch.
KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey.  We value all of our customers and take what they say, both positive and negative, very seriously.  Management will be addressing the smoke issue this afternoon, as well as, not filling out the multipoint inspection sheet.  I can assure you we do a complimentary Multi point inspection everytime a vehicle arrives at our shop.  I wanted to also let you know we have been working on changing our report cards from paper to electronic. However, I do appologize for not giving you a hard copy of our findings.  I can promise we will correct this also.

For the off putting smell of smoke in your vehicle we would like to offer you a full gold spa detail.  Please call us to schedule your appointment.  To make it easier for you we will also offer a loaner for the day since a gold spa does take 5-6 hours.

Thank you again for making us aware of your concerns so we can correct these issues immediately.

Sincerely,

Sinclairville, NY
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Tax rip off!
Went in for a 19.99 oil change and 49.99 alignment special. My bill should have been $75.58. But I was charged $83 and some change. I was told in nys you pay tax on the original price. So no true... what a rip off. This is the first auto service place that has tried to charge tax on the original price and not on their advertised price. Shults you can do better than that! So if you buy a car from Shults you are going to pay tax on the original price....right? Sounds like false advertising to me.
KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 12/05/2018

The service manager did some research and you are correct.  If a customer presents us with a dealer coupon for $19.99 you only pay taxes on that amount.  We appologize for our mistake and will be sending you a check for the $5.42 since we charged you $81.00.  We will also add a free oil change coupon as an appology.  We are always striving to be a transparent dealership, but there are time we will make mistakes.  Thank you for filling out our survey.  We use these surveys as a learning tool so we  correct our mistake and get better at taking care of our customers.

TK
Tammy K.
Westfield, NY
11/29/2018 Category: Service
Prompt and courteous
Impeccable customer experience with both sales and service. Love my Hyundai!

11/29/2018 Category: Service
Miscommunication
Everything is great until there is a breakdown in communication. Staff is extremely courteous. Just needs a little work with relating correct information.
KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 11/29/2018

I appologize that there was a lack of communication or understanding on our end.  We are always working on bettering our service.  We are grateful for customers like you that take the time to fill out our survey so we can use it as a learning tool. We look forward to helping you with any of your vehicle needs now and in the future.

KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 11/29/2018

Thank you for allowing us to correct your concerns.  We will see you at 11:30.

Thank you again!

Mayville, NY
2016 Hyundai Accent
11/03/2018 Category: Service
This car
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 11/04/2018

Thank you for filling out our surgery. I will call you Monday so I can understand or help you with any of your concerns. Three stars is failing for us at Shults Hyundai of Lakewood.  I would like to ask what we could have done to earn your 5 stars.  I will talk to you soon.  Have a great rest of your weekend.

Bemus Point, NY
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/25/2018 Category: Service
Resolution
Kim at Shults Hyundai followed up the results to my survey. We were able to discuss the issues and have been able to come to a resolution. Kim was very understanding and professional in our conversation. She is an asset to the businesss.

10/25/2018 Category: Service
relocation
I preferred the previous Hyundai location. It was much more convenient location.
KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 10/26/2018

It looks like you were pleased with our service; however, liked the location on Washington street.  Please remember if you need us to pick your vehicle up for you and drop it off to help with convenience we would be more then happy to accomodate you.

KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 10/29/2018

It was great talking with you Joellen.  I am glad we are able to accomodate you with any inconvienience the move may have caused you.  Thank you for retaking our survey. We look forward to helping you.

KL
Karen L.
09/30/2018 Category: Service
Michael B. Is always in business when I arrive 🤣
I had a positive experience at hyndai while waiting for my car being serviced🤗🤗. One gentleman assist me with this remote, Michael and I always have chat when I come in the building. And while at front desk going over my intake for oilchange)/6 mths. CK.up, Kim said be waiting 2 hrs. Because of recall part. I actually waited 2.5 hrs. With SPA included in service PKG. That was a very nice perk/gesture at Hyandai😁

09/30/2018 Category: Service
Michael B. Is always in business when I arrive 🤣
The personal touch and smiles 😁
KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 10/01/2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey.  We always strive to make all of our customers feel welcome and comfortable at our facility.  I would like to extend an appology with giving your vehicle a detail for your appointment taking longer then expected.  Please give us a call so we can arrange this for you.

Your Hyundai friend,

Martha H.
Bradford, PA
07/27/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication
The service was quicker at the new Lakewood location. However, I was not informed that there was a new service center/dealership. I went to the Jamestown location and was informed that my appointment was scheduled in Lakewood. Also, my Sirius XM radio service was not working after my vehicle was serviced.
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 07/28/2018

We value all of our customers responses to the survey.  We use them as a learning tool for all of our employees on how to get better.  I appologize if you did not get the mailers or emails notifying our Hyundai customers of our exciting move to our new location in Lakewood Ny.  From this point forward we will do all we can to win your trust at our new Shults Hyundai of Lakewood location.  As for your Sirius XM radio please let us help you with this situation.  We will accomodate any time you are available to look at this issue for you.

Stephen H.
07/17/2018 Category: Service

07/17/2018 Category: Service
Concern with service
After filling out a Shults survey regarding our last visit I had one small area of concern. With in minutes (Literally) I was contacted and all was made right. This was THE fastest turn around response I have ever experienced. Thank You!!
KIM D S. from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 07/17/2018

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  Yes, we wash every customers vehicle at every visit.  If we missed washing your vehicle at your last visit at our new location, I appologize.  Please come see us at our new location in Lakewood and we will give your car a spa treatment for your inconvienience.

PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 07/23/2018

Thank you for allowing us to win back your trust.  Again cusotmer service is our number one goal!  We will see you soon!

Robert H.
Lakewood, NY
2016 Hyundai Elantra
07/13/2018 Category: Service
Ed Shultz went out of their way to correct a small issue I had with their service
Very happy with service and follow up survey. Five star!
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 07/13/2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  You are correct the ammount you paid was incorrect.  There was an honest key stroke error on the part of the service writer, which indeed charged you to much.  As an appology from us, to you, we are sending you a free oil change coupon in the mail.

Your Shults Hyundai of Lakewood Friends,

Kathy B.
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/28/2018 Category: Service
It is clean, staff is courteous, and facilities are above average.
Overall satisfactory.
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 03/01/2018

Kathy,  We value our customers opinions and use all reaponses as a training tool to become better at serving our Hyundai customers.  I do see you were satisfied but gave us 3 stars.  Is there something more we could have done to obtain a 5 star status?  Please let us know.

Thank you for being a loyal Shults Hyundai customer!

Kennedy, NY
02/26/2018 Category: Service
Re: Empty promises slow service
Luckily they read my review and fixed it in a short amount of time. Still not 100% on board with them but I do appreciate them fixing the wrong doing.

02/26/2018 Category: Service
Empty promises slow service
I know some people have great luck with this place, I'm just not one of them. I only bring my car in now if it's under warranty at no cost to me.
James L., District Manager from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 02/28/2018

Thank you for the feedback, we will discuss with the management team.

PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 03/01/2018

Kimberly,

I am sorry you haven't had good luck with our service department.  I would like to try and correct this issue for you.  What are the issues you have had so we can correct them.  As you might have heard we are moving to a new location in Lakewood, the first part of April, and want to make sure all of our Hyundai customers are 100% satisfied with our sales, service and parts department.  Please let me know so we can use your response as a training tool on how to better serve you and all our other Hyundai customers in the future.

Sincerly,

DT
Daniel T.
Portland, NY
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/20/2018 Category: Service
acceptable
repairs were done in a timely fashion, no problems noted.
PAUL J., Fixed Operations from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 02/20/2018

Daniel,  Thank you for being a dedicated Shults customer.  We always like to make sure all our customers are completely satisfied.  I see that you were happy with your service, however we were a three star rating.  Is there anything we could have done differently  in order to be rated 5 star?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Jamie S.
Warren, PA
12/16/2017 Category: Service
Thanks for getting back to me.
Great communication.

12/16/2017 Category: Service
Watch your bill!
My bill was calculated wrong at $100 over. The wait time was double what they told me. The Tim Hortons donuts and muffins and the coffe were a great thing though. They have the best waiting area.
Erin B., Customer Relations Manager from Ed Shults Hyundai responded on 12/19/2017

Hi Jamie!

I looked into the issue with your bill and I do see that there was a pricing discrepency that we fixed for you before you left.  Please accept our apology for the confusion.  We truly hope that you will continue to use our service department for your vehicle maintenance in the future.  We value you as a customer and appreciate your loyalty.

Erin Briggs