Smith Specialty Automotive

Eric R.
Mercedes-Benz 560SEL
02/28/2017
Attention to details
I brought my 560SEL back to Smith's to diagnose a leak somewhere on the front of the car. I kept having stains appear on my driveway after driving the car. After diagnosing the source of the leak (steering box) I authorized the repairs. The cost was pretty high, and even though they explained I could probably do the repairs myself, I elected to have them do the repairs because I didn't want more stains on the driveway. The repairs were done quickly and I even got a discount when paying. The only problem was when I went out the parking lot to get the car, I noticed puddles of the same fluid under the front of the car. When I went back inside to ask, they explained it was "residual" fluids draining off the frame of the car. So, my thought is, after spending nearly $1500 on repairs, wouldn't you think they could have cleaned up their mess a little better? I had to go to a car wash and power wash the front of the car so it would leave oil stains on the drive way when I got home. It's the attention to details that make the difference between a "good shop" and a "GREAT SHOP" you want to come back to time after time. That's the only reason I didn't award 5 Stars. I still highly recommend their shop and will continue to use them for service.

Jim S.
02/24/2017 Category: Service
Jim said the business has great communication and a great turnaround time.

BD
Ben D.
Kansas City, MO
02/24/2017 Category: Service
Ben said he was very satisfied with the service provided by this business.

David S.
02/15/2017
my car
great service and better people

Donna S.
Cadillac STS
02/14/2017 Category: Service
Donna said everything was okay as far as she could tell. They were nice people and she trusts them.

DO
Dan O.
02/11/2017 Category: Service
Dan said his vehicle is running the way this business said it would.

Spencer S.
02/07/2017
Quick and Honest Service
Took our '13 Ford Explorer Sport with Eco Boost into Smith Specialty for its regularly scheduled oil change. Always get quick and honest service from these guys, and on time as well. They topped off the fluids and checked our brakes during the process. All for a reasonable price!

Rachel M.
01/25/2017
Great place
They are friendly and honest!

Ted M.
Chevrolet Silverado
01/24/2017 Category: Service
Ted said he has always had a good rapport with this business.

KJ
Kevin J.
Shawnee Mission, KS
01/19/2017
You Guys ROCK!!!
I've been coming here for years, very friendly and honest. Thanks Dave, Bill, and Jordan!!

AL
Alicia L.
01/19/2017 Category: Service
Alicia said the business did a good job.

EF
Elizabeth F.
Ford Taurus X
01/17/2017
Quick, Easy, and Honest
Was provided an estimate of cost and timeline. They kept me informed daily about how progress was going on this major repair. Everything was taken care of and came in right around the estimate.

Jacob G.
Oak Grove, MO
Pontiac Grand Am
01/17/2017 Category: Service
Jacob said no one is worth $104 an hour, and the business did not give him a quote before they worked on his vehicle. The business had good customer service, but the mechanic who worked on his vehicle was rude.
Dave S. from Smith Specialty Automotive responded on 01/19/2017

Jacob, we are very sorry that you felt that the price was too high. We strive to have the best technicians anywhere, and those technicians come at a cost. We believe that you paid a fair price for quality work, and as a policy we do not perform work with out our customer's approval. We pride our selves on excellent customer service and are disappointed to hear that you had a bad expierence with one of our staff. Please call us next time with any concerns that you may have so that we can take care of you.

NP
Nancy P.
01/13/2017
Friendly and Convenient
Bill has always been extremely professional and helpful every time I have called for a service.

KJ
Kenneth J.
Lenexa, KS
Jaguar XJ8
01/09/2017
Perfect service call, as usual!
I brought my Jaguar to Smith on Saturday. The diagnosed the problem and showed my the broken part. They explained the repair and ordered the part. It took less than 2 hours. Greta job!

TW
Tim W.
Infiniti QX56
01/07/2017
Honesty and Integrity
Honesty and integrity. Small shop with small town values. Would trust to send all my friends.

Renee C.
Volkswagen Jetta
01/05/2017
Trustworthy and Dependable!
The guys at this shop are very personable and trustworthy. They have always taken care of our car problems the first time and in a timely manor. I highly recommend them!

Dave C.
Independence, MO
01/04/2017 Category: Service
Dave said he was happy with the tires the business provided, but he will be returning because the camera was not put on correctly.

Jake B.
12/27/2016 Category: Service
Jake said the prices were high at the business.

PC
Paul C.
Ford Crown Victoria
12/24/2016
Fair fast and forthright
Oil change with check out on time and pre-trip short review of systems as requested