Jason W.
11/02/2017
STAY AWAY FROM SOUTH TACOMA AUTO!!!!
Stay Away From South Tacoma Auto. Ron Greenlee and his service team literally wasted multiple hours of my life today. There was an oil change scheduled in advance for 12pm, so I was on my lunch break.
When I showed up at South Tacoma Auto, their Service Department at first said that they didn't schedule me for an oil change, even though I confirmed the appointment with this same Service Department the day before. The South Tacoma Auto Service Department eventually acknowledged that there was an appointment for me, but that they just didn't actually put it on the schedule.
After I returned from eating lunch, I was told by this same Service Department that they couldn't change my oil and that they weren't responsible for wasting multiple hours of my life. They decided that they wouldn't even call me to let me know that they wouldn't be doing their job.

This is the definition of a culture that encourages lazy and dishonest staff who went above and beyond to waste multiple hours of my life and Ron Greenlee's official response to this is... It's the customers fault that the South Tacoma Auto repeatedly refused to provide service and that the South Tacoma Auto always attempts to be lazy and dishonest when dealing with the public and customers.

UP
Unknown P.
Lacey, WA
07/31/2017
No words.
So bad it's a joke at this point. We purchased a vehicle over a month ago, and still haven't been able to drive the thing. We call and it's at a new repair shop everyday. I'm honestly wondering if we will ever get it back at his point haha. The person who sold us the car won't even contact us.
So please South Tacoma Auto.Treat your customers with respect. The fact that you never call us back is pretty messed up. Take some pride in your work and treat your customers with a little respect. That's honestly all ask.

UJ
Unknown J.
01/04/2017
Horrible
Went to purchase a car from here almost a year ago and when i walk in i notice a 2008 infiniti g35 in very rough condition the price was 8999 the car coudlnt be worth more the 5k the most both from and rear rims were curb damage and rear bumper was crack end to end front windsheild was damage also had a crack end to end had minor dents i offered kbb value for it which was 5900 or for them to fix the flaws and purchase it for what they had it for after 2hrs sitting in the table they come back to me with the respose is we arent going to fix the damages we ran your credit and you need to get into a 2011 or higher vehicle i said thank you and walked out ...ok normally when they run your credit it shows up on a credit report the supposedly credit check they did never showed up they never ran my credit and complete dismissed me

DO
Dana O.
Federal Way, WA
10/11/2016
AVOID!
This place is terrible. I had gone in on a Monday night to look at a car that I found on Cars.com at this dealership, and this would have been my first car buying experience. The car looked amazing and it was a great deal, but during the test drive, something had come through the vents that burnt me and my families' eyes and throats (that should have been my first red flag). When we pulled back into the dealership, our salesman popped the hood and the radiator cap was open; we had figured I took a corner too sharp and coolant had spilled onto the engine, got hot, and came through the vents, so we thought nothing was wrong with the car. I had the car financed and it was mine. On Tuesday, on my way home from giving them my down payment, the car overheated and starting gurgling while stopped at a red light. From then on, the vehicle was nothing but PROBLEMS. I had tried to take it in Wednesday afternoon and the car didn't even make it to the dealership, I had to have it towed because it overheated at a red light. When I eventually got there, they had offered to fix it for free, so that was cool, and they had told me to pick it up Thursday afternoon. Saturday night, I attempted to drive to Seattle in my "fixed" car, but ended up getting stranded. I called my salesman and all he did was tell me to go to the nearest supermarket and buy water to put in the radiator and "try to make it home"; gee, thanks, that's REAL helpful, no tow truck was even offered for the crappy thing they sold me. So Sunday, I take the car back to get "fixed" AGAIN, and picked it up Wednesday evening. Thursday, it was already overheating. This was the last straw and I no longer wanted the car and I wanted a refund of my downpayment; boy, was this hard. I had to call 3 different people, all which I had told I wanted my money back, they agreed and told me to bring the car to the dealership. Well, on the way there, it overheated again (what a shock) and I had to get it towed a second time because it couldn't even make it there. Then, I arrive and they tell me I had to come back the next day, Friday, because no one had written me a check. I wasn't informed that I would literally have to beg for a refund because they sold me a POS. DO NOT buy a car from this dealership. The mechanics here are useless; they never fixed the issue that my car had, even after 2 different attempts. They figure that slapping teflon tape over everything will solve any issue there is (there was literally tape everywhere in the engine). This dealership is a joke. All of the employees here pretend that their customer service is the best you will ever see yet when I returned to get my money back no one even approached me; I never even got an apology to my face. One of the employees here even had the nerve to tell me that "this is why they don't sell the 5 thousand dollar cars, because something like this will happen", yet you allowed me to buy it? Strange. In the short week and a half I had this used, piece of crap, I was lied to up and down about anything and everything that had to do with the vehicle, I had returned to the dealership a total of 9 times (2 of those times having to be towed), burnt twice, and even gave them 2 different opportunities to fix it, yet it still wasn't running correctly. And the best part? They had already posted the overheating heap back on Cars.com for sale in less than 24 hours after I had it TOWED to the dealership Thursday evening, so that automatically tells you what type of dealership they are.

Ranee G.
Port Townsend, WA
10/11/2016
Rip Off
My husband and I where Looking for a car to buy. We finally decided on one by the time we made our selection it was late. Therefore many banks where already closed. They charged my card for the downpayment. We didnt end up purchasing the vehicle. Over three weeks have past and i still havent recieved my money back. I would never recommend this dealer ever again.

AR

anthony k.
Vernon Hills, IL
01/24/2016 Category: Sales
awesome
i bought a car from south tacoma auto and had little finance issue and koshla sat with me and helped me to get a car no matter what! koshla and south tacoma auto guys are the best thanks

Jory L.
Ephrata, WA
01/20/2016 Category: Sales
Very Happy Customer!!!
Thank you Brandon and the staff at South Tacoma Auto for taking care of me! Great customer service and nice quality of Jeep Wranglers! See you guys in the future. I am a customer for life.

AT
ALICE T.
University Place, WA
NISSAN ALTIMA
12/14/2015 Category: Sales
They listen as to what we wanted and they made it happen.
Over all, they were great. We were treated with respect and liked the service we received. Very nice , well run company. Thank you all.

GG
GILBERT G.
SATURN AURA
12/12/2015 Category: Sales
Fast service. Staff listens and pays attention to customers needs

Jensen K.
Hradec Králové Region
11/18/2015 Category: Service
Shady Business
Be sure if you’re having a trade-in assessed to remove everything out of your car including cds, car change, gas, and you may even want to take you license plates since they illegal remove those as well. BBB and Tacoma PD have been notified
Jacob T. from South Tacoma Auto responded on 11/20/2015

Hi Jensen,
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, we always appreciate feedback from our community. We were glad to be in a position to help you move your Focus off of South Tacoma Way and onto our lot during the storm, and to lend your family one of our lot cars for the evening to be sure you could get home safe. It's a shame we couldn't come to an agreement to get you home in one of our vehicles every night!
Our Service department was happy to diagnose your car for free the next day, and give you the information you needed to get it back on the road. We're sorry there was some confusion with regards to your license plates; happily we made sure you got those back right away. I'm sorry you feel some things got taken from your car, but since it was out on our lot unsecured overnight, it's hard to say what may have happened there. We ourselves are sometimes victim to overnight vandalism and theft, and we thank you for alerting the police in the matter. They've been sending more patrols by our dealership, and we really appreciate the added security! Again thanks so much for bringing your concerns forward; your input helps us become a better company.

KA
KATRINA A.
Roy, WA
KIA OPTIMA
11/17/2015 Category: Sales
Used car buying experience
South Tacoma Auto is a great place when considering buying a used car. The dealership's 'no frills', no gimmick approach is welcoming to people who just want to buy a used car without all the hassle and meaningless time spent on negotiations. Since purchasing my used car, I have made recommendations to friends a family to consider buying from this dealership.

CHRISTOPHER M.
Joint Base Lewis Mc Chord, WA
FORD F-150
10/15/2015 Category: Sales
Everyone was nice and helpful.
Outstanding

PM
PETER M.
HONDA CR-V
10/08/2015 Category: Service
Expertise and time keeping
Friendly environment experienced throughout all operations.

HM
HEATHER M.
Gig Harbor, WA
FORD FUSION
10/08/2015 Category: Sales
customer care
great expierance, from the time we pulled into the parking lot. George helped me find the perfect car for me and my baby. I drove my new car home knowing we made the right choice. The gentleman who did my finance even called me in because he found me a better rate. South Tacoma has an outstanding team, thank you so much.

RONALD G.

Sarah C.
Lacey, WA
10/04/2015 Category: Sales
Great Customer Service
I came here and Ryan Olson and Carmen Ostrem helped me get the perfect truck. They were quick and had great customer service .

VS

Mill Creek, WA
TOYOTA 4RUNNER
09/30/2015 Category: Sales
The people
NO PRESSURE,NICE FRIENDLY PEOPLE, NO GAMES!

RV
R V.
Lakewood, WA
09/28/2015 Category: Sales
Auto Sale
We arrived in search for a second vehicle, after searching online and being referred through usaa. As soon as we arrived I received a phone call asking me if I would like to come see the car. Within a few minutes John Bray was outside helping us find a car that would fit within our budget. He really had a great deal of information about all the cars we were looking for.