Consumer C.
06/13/2020
Prompt service.
Sorry, my car was ready by 11 AM, first thing in the morning. Plus they fixed the hood and did not charge me for that..

HUMMER H3T
06/11/2020
Prompt service
My Hummer suddenly almost did not start while running errants. Drove it and dropped it at Spence and Frey. They stayed open for me at closing to drop it and to order the rare battery. The vehicle was ready to go next day by 11 pm. That is what I call a prompt service.
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

Thanks Lenny, we're always here at your service.

Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

Thank you for your patronage and we're always her to help if we can.

AR
Anthony R.
Los Angeles, CA
Cadillac Eldorado
06/10/2020
My sweet ride's trusted family doctor.
We love our 2000 Cadillac ETC ,but until we found Art at Spence and Frye Co we were stuck with shoddy hit and miss repair service ( including the Cadillac Dealer which was actually the worse).
Before we found Art at Spence and Frye we had spent $3,000 at other repair shops trying to pass smog inspection which still failed . Art quickly found and fixed the problem (which turned out to be a shoddy piece of junk MAS air sensor that the previous shop installed}. He even took my car to the Smog Inspection Station and passed it for me. He even test drove my vehicle for an hour and found and fixed some other pesky problems including an ABS Suspension System problem that had troubled me for almost 10 years!
I have never before experienced this level of excellent service and knowledge .
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

We appreciate your business and thank you for the kind words of confidence in our abilities.

KZ
Ken Z.
Temecula, CA
Toyota Avalon
06/05/2020
2011 Toyota Avalon
I have been a customer for about 25 years. I had a Buick Century and a Cadillac Danville.
When ever they fix something it is properly repaired and stays fixed.

Christina S.
Chevrolet Volt
05/27/2020
Responsive, responsible, and REALLY great!
Car was dead in my driveway in the middle of Memorial Day Weekend. Got in touch with Spence & Frye when they reopened post-holiday... had the car towed there... and it was fixed the very next day! They're the best.
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

Thank you, we always try to resolve issues as quickly as possible.

Joy A.
Altadena, CA
Cadillac CTS
05/27/2020
Water Pump-less
My car ran hot and stopped 3-4 blocks shy of Spence and Frye. I asked at several shops whether anyone could help today since I am the sole driver for myself and elderly sister. Every shop recommended I try Spence and Frye. They were polite and although a bit expensive for labor costs provided me with options and worked on my car immediately to help me get back home with my car. They are good people and good at their work. Thanks again from an exhausted caregiver.

KR
Kirby R.
Arcadia, CA
Mercedes-Benz ML350
05/15/2020
Really great service
I had an AC problem with my Merc. ML 350. Art and team took care of it and it now works really well.
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

Thanks, we have several customers with German vehicles and we're glad to handle.

RE
Rod E.
La Canada Flintridge, CA
05/12/2020
Five Star Shop!
Art and crew run the best shop in Pasadena. I recommend Spence and Frye to anyone who needs mechanical work done on their auto. ..and no... they did not pay me to write this. I take all my vehicles to them for service and repairs.

LQ
Lizette Q.
05/12/2020
Pleasant n with respect. Fast service
The service is excellent, fast n friendly

EW
Everard W.
Altadena, CA
Ford Expedition
05/09/2020
As always, expert analysis and repair!
My title says it all- expert analysis and repair.

OT
Oscar T.
Brea, CA
Buick Reatta
05/08/2020
Knowledgeable, Professional & Skillful
My experience with Art and Spence & Frye was excellent. I came here after having a disappointing experience with my local dealer. I found Spence & Frye to be more knowledgeable and effective than the dealer. I will definitely be back!

NS
Neil S.
05/01/2020
Honest
Very. Friendly. And honest

Tom M.
04/28/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Tom's daughter. She said her dad is 90 years old and he likes Art. Art does a great job and goes out of his way for her dad.

CG
Cesar G.
Duarte, CA
04/27/2020
Top Quality and Service For Chevy/GM Veichles
After years of looking for a reliable GM/Chevy mechanic in the San Gabriel Valley Area, I found Spence and Frye Co. They have been a great alternative in lieu of going to the Chevrolet dealer where they over charge and recommend unnecessary services! Art has been a pleasure to work with! He gives great advice and is a reliable 2nd opinion! Definitely would recommend to Chevy/GM owners to give this place a shot!

Johnath H.
Los Angeles, CA
Chevrolet HHR
04/24/2020
Great
I’ve been working on a doozy of a mystery problem on my car for nearly 3 years and almost as many thousands in costs. I finally took it to Spence and Frye. They know their (expletive)! Best repair experience ever.