Sterling Automotive Repair Inc

Michael S.
12/16/2020
08 Trailblazer Transmission line replacement
went to Sterling to have my 08 trailblazer transmission lines replaced, which they did but the next day my check engine light went on and then my power stearing lines started leaking, never was before I went into Sterling Auto. I checked the error codes and all my O2 sensors have error codes along with 2 other error codes related to the exhaust system and O2 sensors. Unbelievable. Do NOT go here unless you want to pay for things on your car that never had a issue prior to your repairs.

Deborah M.
09/07/2018
New owners be very careful
I had my car service August 24th because the AC did not work and it needed a new AC compressor. I paid $600 to have my car repaired. I went to pick up my car that evening after hours and the AC still did not work. I contacted their office the next day to inform them the AC still did not work. They said bring the car in. I brought the car back and they informed me it would cost an additional $250 to repair the AC. They said they found a leaking AC hose. They also said the hose was not leaking at the time of repair (not true). I paid them $600 to repair my AC and replace the air compressor. My AC still is not working. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. I have been a customer with Sterling Auto for over 10 years never having any problems until now. Be very careful of these new owners they are not to be trusted!

David D.
06/14/2018
Be careful with this place
If you need auto service they will likely be able to do the job if they can find the cause. They won't tell you what they find and lack on communication (no call backs for updates on what they find and a go ahead from you to do whatever work they want) so you will be at their mercy for both part prices and labor. Mine was towed there and they could not diagnose the problem because the truck ran for them after charging the the battery. So picked it up and ran it until the next no-start more than a week later. They didn't charge me anything for that stint but vehicle was in their shop Fri. Sat. Sun. and Mon. morning. Next time it was towed it would not start and they found a weak spark and replaced the distributor cap and rotor. Asked if it was corroded - no just weak spark. It was less than a year old having had it replaced at Sears last year. Well fine - it doesn't need a fuel pump. Then I picked it up and got the bill - $184 for cap and rotor replacement. When you consider that the parts listed were $115 and the rest labor (minus hazardous materials? $3 and shop supplies for over $9) it seems to me that their prices are exorbitant and padded. Maybe they know how lawyers work. 2006 Chev Silverado v6 5 speed. Hence I will be looking for another mechanic. I cannot fathom the hazardous materials charge and the shop supplies is dubious as well - maybe they got dirty and had to clean their hands with Goop and shop towels. Either way I'm dissatisfied with the outcome. Advance Auto has a rotor (BWD #D236) for $15 and a cap (BWD #C280) for $35 - that is $50 total. That means the parts they used were $65 more expensive. So if you like taking two weeks to have your vehicle fixed and being over charged on parts and having other dubious charges thrown in for good measure then you will be delighted to take your vehicle to Sterling. Say hello to the dog for me. Friendly gray mutt be careful of his teeth. They will bite you when they have you there.

Lynn M.
Roselle, IL
02/08/2018
Reputable and Great Service
I am a newer customer that found Sterling on Google and decided to give them a try due to the great reviews. My check engine light was on. They where gracious enough to squeeze me in immidiatly. When I arrived my car was pulled in right away. Marcus who stated he was a newer owner came out to tell me everything the inspection had found. I was impressed by his honosty as he told me what needed to be done now and what could wait. I will definitely be bringing my car here from now on and comfortable referring friends and family.

KF
kenneth f.
05/17/2017
19 years of great servive
Sterling Automotive Repair can be trusted to repair your vehicle only what actually needs to be done on your vehicle, they give you the very best service at a reasonable price. We not consider having any other repair place work on our vehicles.

Joseph D.
08/05/2016
superb mechanic

RI
Ri I.
Chrysler Pacifica
06/30/2016 Category: Service
Ri said they did a good job. The check engine light turned on and he is wondering if they put in the correct oil for his vehicle.

BV
BRENDA V.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
06/26/2016
Keepin my old car running
I keep thinking I better sell my car and get a new one but you all keep my car going. Guess I will keep the old cruiser a little while longer.

Corey H.
06/25/2016 Category: Service
Corey said everything worked out well during his visit to this business.
The Sterling Automotive R. from Sterling Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/28/2016

It is great hearing that everything worked out well!

EF
Edward F.
Blue Island, IL
Mitsubishi Galant
06/23/2016 Category: Service
Edward said everything was great at the business. His vehicle is running better now than before the service. They did good work and he appreciated their service.
The Sterling Automotive R. from Sterling Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/24/2016

Thank you for your kind words, and we are glad that your car is running better now.

FM
FELIX M.
06/19/2016
The Best Repair Shop Around
The owners are there and they care. The staff is engaging and friendly. OH, and the work is the highest quality and priced competitively.
The Sterling Automotive R. from Sterling Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/20/2016

Thank you for the kind words. It is always a pleasure seeing and chatting with you.

GP
GARY and ERIN P.
06/16/2016
Always a positive experience
Car is road trip ready. These guys are always above board and easy to work with. (Wipers are perfect now, Rich! Thx!)
The Sterling Automotive R. from Sterling Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/17/2016

It was a pleasure! Have a safe and fun trip!

PT
Phil T.
Palos Park, IL
06/16/2016 Category: Service
Phil said this business finished his vehicles service in a timely manner.
The Sterling Automotive R. from Sterling Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/18/2016

Thanks Phil! Hope to see you soon.

GP
GARY and ERIN P.
Hyundai Accent
06/10/2016
Very trusted mechanic - always aboveboard
I asked them to inspect a used car purchase, which they did very thoroughly and without an appointment. Gave me confidence the car was good to move ahead with the purchase. Thanks, Rich and team!!
The Sterling Automotive R. from Sterling Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/10/2016

It was our pleasure! Thanks for coming to us.

VM
Valerie M.
Nissan Rogue
06/07/2016 Category: Service
Valerie said they have prompt service. The vehicle was ready when they said and she liked her experience.
The Sterling Automotive R. from Sterling Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/09/2016

We are happy to hear that you had an overall good experience!