The Carpenter's Garage

Service Date: 10/18/2017
Review Created: 10/20/2017 09:52 AM

Thank you!

David O. on 10/17/2017
David said he was very satisfied with this business from the beginning to the end. He was satisfied with the customer service, the service manager, and the technician who diagnosed and repaired his vehicle. It was a very good experience.
Vehicle: Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
Service Date: 10/11/2017
Review Created: 10/17/2017
Desirae D. on 10/16/2017
Desirae said there were a few issues, but the service was good.
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 10/09/2017
Eva N. on 10/16/2017
Eva said this business was very good.
Vehicle: GMC Jimmy
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Sara H., Business Development at The Carpenter's Garage responded on 10/19/2017

Thank you Eva for the review. We are pleased you had a good experience here at The Carpenter's Garage. We look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Judith G. on 10/16/2017
Judith said the business didn't communicate with her at all during this visit, however during previous visits they were great.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 10/09/2017
Sara H., Business Development at The Carpenter's Garage responded on 10/19/2017

Judith,
I am so sorry to see the 3 out of 5 stars but was glad to see that you will still refer us to others. I asked what happened on this end and was told that you had a new catalytic converter put in and one of the gaskets was leaking. The cat was out of warrantee but just barely so we replaced the gasket for you at no charge. I truly hope your next visit will bring a 5 out of 5 star review. You are always welcome to rescore this review if you would like to at surecritic.com
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kyle L. on 10/12/2017
Kyle said he dealt with Michael at this business. They did a great job and they explained everything. It was nice being in a local area where they put customers first.
Vehicle: Land Rover Discovery
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017
Sara H., Business Development at The Carpenter's Garage responded on 10/20/2017

Thank you so much Kyle for your review. It is nice to get a full explanation for what the technician is doing to your vehicle. I feel the same way. Sometimes, we take people into the shop while their car is up on the lift so they can really see what the techs are seeing. Thank you for bringing that up! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Art E. on 10/12/2017
Art said he would return to this business in the future.
Vehicle: Geo Metro
Service Date: 10/05/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017

ARt,
Thank you for saying you would return to this business in the future and for the 5 out of 5 stars. We sure appreciate that.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you again.

Erma M. on 10/10/2017
"Liars , cheaters,incompetent!"
I was lied to and cheated on my first repair and then brought the car back in because it wasn't right I told Jeremy that the engine didn't sound right he told me everything had been checked and was fine. They put a new seal in the axle because they had busted the other one and sent me home but the car still didn't sound right I had to wait until I got my social security check to take it to another garage and have it checked out. It cost me $150 to have it checked out and have a few things fixed that they didn't such as a motor mount that was left loose, a vacuum hose that was left off, and a bunch of wiring that was left hanging there is also a leak between the transmission and the axle they showed me the brand new bolts you had put in and tried to tighten up but it's leaking apparently you used whatever pins that were available to put the sheet metal and plastic Shields back up under the car but they were the wrong size and so everything is scraping and rattling I cannot afford to take it back in and have these things fixed. Not only will I never come in that garage again all of my friends and all of their friends will not either and you can bet something will be posted on Facebook for a review you're just lucky that I have a pacemaker and I'm not able to walk up and down Andresen with a sign saying what a rip-off it was but that is still a possibility because all of my friends have offered to come and help me with that
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 09/27/2017
Review Created: 10/10/2017 10:00 PM
David C. on 10/06/2017
David said he lives across the street from this business. One day he was working on his vehicle in his driveway, and the owner came by. He answered his questions, and helped him get the job done. He is cooperative and easy to work with.
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy Wagon
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 10/06/2017
Sara H., Business Development at The Carpenter's Garage responded on 10/10/2017

What a great story!  Thanks David. I hope if you ever need anything major done you will consider using us here at the shop.
We will look forward to serving you.

Andrew D. on 09/29/2017
Andrew said the service was awesome and completed in a timely manner. The people were up front and honest.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 09/25/2017
Review Created: 09/29/2017
Leann H. on 09/28/2017
"Honest, "
Very pleased with all aspects of the garage. Friendly, quick, integrity, pricing
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 09/26/2017
Review Created: 09/28/2017 05:29 AM
jenelle P. on 09/21/2017
"Car checked"
I don't think they told me exactly or other way to go about other than 30-40 hrs of labor
Vehicle: Suzuki XL-7
Service Date: 09/19/2017
Review Created: 09/21/2017 05:28 PM
Sara H., Business Development at The Carpenter's Garage responded on 09/22/2017

Hi Jenelle,

I appreciate that you will still recommend us to others but was sad to see the 2 out of 5 stars.
I talked to our service writers to find out what the story was. Both Matt and Omar said they had conversations with you letting you know exactly what work needed to be done to your vehicle. They both felt that the amount you would need to spend would exceed the value of your vehicle. The gaskets and valves that needed to be replaced were the valve cover gasket, the timing cover gasket (and in your car the engine would need to be taken out to repair it) once they got that open they would determine if the timing chain needed to be replaced, the upper oil pan gasket and the lower oil pan gasket. When they did a quote for you, it would be between 30 and 40 hours worth of labor plus parts. Again, this would exceed how much the vehicle is worth and the decision was left with you. I wish the news would have been better for you but I feel that our guys took time to fully explain what was wrong and tried not to take advantage by saying we would fix it and then charge you a ton of money. That is not our way.
Many people count on us to be up front, transparent and trust worthy and we feel very confident that we told you the truth about the repairs so you didn't put money into something that might just bring on more bad news for you in the future.

If you would like to rescore this review, we would be grateful.
You can contact a Mitchell 1 SocialCRM Support Agent at
800 410-0529 during business hours or by e-mail at crmsupport@mitchell1.com - your order # was 13834

Lee C. on 09/15/2017
"Making my car run well."
Everyone was very polite and seemed concerned about fixing my car and considered my finance difficulties as well.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 09/13/2017
Review Created: 09/15/2017 07:47 AM
Sharon L. on 09/12/2017
Sharon said she is really happy with the service, and how this business handled the job. She likes the way they treat her there.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 09/07/2017
Review Created: 09/12/2017
Donald J. on 09/11/2017
Donald said this business was pretty good.
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 09/06/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017
Janelle E. on 08/30/2017
Janelle said the staff always treats her like family. They are kind and everything is quick and easy. They are honest.
Vehicle: Dodge Neon
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Aneesa S. on 08/30/2017
Aneesa said the business was quick. They were willing to work with her on payments and they tried to keep her payments low. She would like to keep up the good work.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Sara H., Business Development at The Carpenter's Garage responded on 09/07/2017

Thank you Aneesa for taking time to let us know about your experience here at The Carpenter's Garage. We love our customers and really appreciate knowing that our service is working for them.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Terry F. on 08/29/2017
"Simply the best!!!"
The Carpenter's garage is by far the best car repair shop that I have ever used. Michael who services my car is truly a great mechanic and a really wonderful person.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 08/24/2017
Review Created: 08/29/2017 06:43 PM
Lloyd N. on 08/28/2017
Lloyd said he had used this business for years. He has recommended them to others and he has handed out their business cards. He appreciates that they added visual tape to make it easier for him to see while maneuvering around the facility.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/28/2017
Sara H., Business Development at The Carpenter's Garage responded on 09/07/2017

Thank you so much Lloyd for being a customer for so many years. You are one in a million and we sure appreciate you always believing in us and our service. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Katherine G. on 08/28/2017
Katherine said she's had years of good service but this time she was disappointed and not satisfied at all. She went in to get her brakes checked and purchased a courtesy check service. The staff took her vehicle for a drive and told her the brakes were okay. She doesn't really believe her brakes were checked because her foot goes almost all the way to the floor when she uses them. She will not be recommending this business for service from now on because of the reason stated.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus