Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review about 1 month ago

TL
Tracy L.
06/05/2018
Went in to get the clock spring/pin replaced in my steering wheel
I came in to have the clock spring/pin replace in my steering wheel that controls the airbag, horn, radio controls, and blue tooth functions. I ended up leaving with the horn working and the radio controls working but not able to use the blue tooth function still. Also there is now a problem with the wipers turning on on there own for no reason and also have another service light on that was not on when I brought the vehicle in. I have been coming to Carpenters since 2011 and this is the first time that I have been so deeply disappointed in the work that was done. I called the business on 6/4/2018 to bring in my car to see by these issues were happening and was told to bring it in the next morning between 8am and 9am. I showed up the next morning only to find out that I would have to pay for them to run a diagnostics test for them them to see what was causing the issue and also that I may not have my car back that day. For this reason I will not be coming back. You guys have let me down.

VA
Valentino A.
10/20/2017
Sara H., Business Development from The Carpenter's Garage responded on 10/20/2017

Thank you!

DO
David O.
Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
10/17/2017 Category: Service
David said he was very satisfied with this business from the beginning to the end. He was satisfied with the customer service, the service manager, and the technician who diagnosed and repaired his vehicle. It was a very good experience.

Desirae D.
Nissan Maxima
10/16/2017 Category: Service
Desirae said there were a few issues, but the service was good.

EN
Eva N.
Portland, OR
GMC Jimmy
10/16/2017 Category: Service
Eva said this business was very good.
Sara H., Business Development from The Carpenter's Garage responded on 10/19/2017

Thank you Eva for the review. We are pleased you had a good experience here at The Carpenter's Garage. We look forward to taking care of you again in the future.

Judith G.
10/16/2017 Category: Service
Judith said the business didn't communicate with her at all during this visit, however during previous visits they were great.

Judith,
I am so sorry to see the 3 out of 5 stars but was glad to see that you will still refer us to others. I asked what happened on this end and was told that you had a new catalytic converter put in and one of the gaskets was leaking. The cat was out of warrantee but just barely so we replaced the gasket for you at no charge. I truly hope your next visit will bring a 5 out of 5 star review. You are always welcome to rescore this review if you would like to at surecritic.com
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

KL
Kyle L.
Land Rover Discovery
10/12/2017 Category: Service
Kyle said he dealt with Michael at this business. They did a great job and they explained everything. It was nice being in a local area where they put customers first.

Thank you so much Kyle for your review. It is nice to get a full explanation for what the technician is doing to your vehicle. I feel the same way. Sometimes, we take people into the shop while their car is up on the lift so they can really see what the techs are seeing. Thank you for bringing that up! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

AE
Art E.
Geo Metro
10/12/2017 Category: Service
Art said he would return to this business in the future.

ARt,
Thank you for saying you would return to this business in the future and for the 5 out of 5 stars. We sure appreciate that.
We look forward to seeing you and serving you again.

EM
Erma M.
La Center, WA
10/10/2017
Liars , cheaters,incompetent!
I was lied to and cheated on my first repair and then brought the car back in because it wasn't right I told Jeremy that the engine didn't sound right he told me everything had been checked and was fine. They put a new seal in the axle because they had busted the other one and sent me home but the car still didn't sound right I had to wait until I got my social security check to take it to another garage and have it checked out. It cost me $150 to have it checked out and have a few things fixed that they didn't such as a motor mount that was left loose, a vacuum hose that was left off, and a bunch of wiring that was left hanging there is also a leak between the transmission and the axle they showed me the brand new bolts you had put in and tried to tighten up but it's leaking apparently you used whatever pins that were available to put the sheet metal and plastic Shields back up under the car but they were the wrong size and so everything is scraping and rattling I cannot afford to take it back in and have these things fixed. Not only will I never come in that garage again all of my friends and all of their friends will not either and you can bet something will be posted on Facebook for a review you're just lucky that I have a pacemaker and I'm not able to walk up and down Andresen with a sign saying what a rip-off it was but that is still a possibility because all of my friends have offered to come and help me with that

David C.
Subaru Legacy Wagon
10/06/2017 Category: Service
David said he lives across the street from this business. One day he was working on his vehicle in his driveway, and the owner came by. He answered his questions, and helped him get the job done. He is cooperative and easy to work with.
Sara H., Business Development from The Carpenter's Garage responded on 10/10/2017

What a great story!  Thanks David. I hope if you ever need anything major done you will consider using us here at the shop.
We will look forward to serving you.

AD
Andrew D.
09/29/2017 Category: Service
Andrew said the service was awesome and completed in a timely manner. The people were up front and honest.

LH
Leann H.
09/28/2017
Honest,
Very pleased with all aspects of the garage. Friendly, quick, integrity, pricing

jenelle P.
Suzuki XL-7
09/21/2017
Car checked
I don't think they told me exactly or other way to go about other than 30-40 hrs of labor
Sara H., Business Development from The Carpenter's Garage responded on 09/22/2017

Hi Jenelle,

I appreciate that you will still recommend us to others but was sad to see the 2 out of 5 stars.
I talked to our service writers to find out what the story was. Both Matt and Omar said they had conversations with you letting you know exactly what work needed to be done to your vehicle. They both felt that the amount you would need to spend would exceed the value of your vehicle. The gaskets and valves that needed to be replaced were the valve cover gasket, the timing cover gasket (and in your car the engine would need to be taken out to repair it) once they got that open they would determine if the timing chain needed to be replaced, the upper oil pan gasket and the lower oil pan gasket. When they did a quote for you, it would be between 30 and 40 hours worth of labor plus parts. Again, this would exceed how much the vehicle is worth and the decision was left with you. I wish the news would have been better for you but I feel that our guys took time to fully explain what was wrong and tried not to take advantage by saying we would fix it and then charge you a ton of money. That is not our way.
Many people count on us to be up front, transparent and trust worthy and we feel very confident that we told you the truth about the repairs so you didn't put money into something that might just bring on more bad news for you in the future.

If you would like to rescore this review, we would be grateful.
You can contact a Mitchell 1 SocialCRM Support Agent at
800 410-0529 during business hours or by e-mail at crmsupport@mitchell1.com - your order # was 13834

LC
Lee C.
Hyundai Santa Fe
09/15/2017
Making my car run well.
Everyone was very polite and seemed concerned about fixing my car and considered my finance difficulties as well.

SL
Sharon L.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
09/12/2017 Category: Service
Sharon said she is really happy with the service, and how this business handled the job. She likes the way they treat her there.

DJ
Donald J.
Toyota Avalon
09/11/2017 Category: Service
Donald said this business was pretty good.

JE
Janelle E.
Camas, WA
Dodge Neon
08/30/2017 Category: Service
Janelle said the staff always treats her like family. They are kind and everything is quick and easy. They are honest.

Aneesa S.
08/30/2017 Category: Service
Aneesa said the business was quick. They were willing to work with her on payments and they tried to keep her payments low. She would like to keep up the good work.
Sara H., Business Development from The Carpenter's Garage responded on 09/07/2017

Thank you Aneesa for taking time to let us know about your experience here at The Carpenter's Garage. We love our customers and really appreciate knowing that our service is working for them.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

TF
Terry F.
Lake Oswego, OR
08/29/2017
Simply the best!!!
The Carpenter's garage is by far the best car repair shop that I have ever used. Michael who services my car is truly a great mechanic and a really wonderful person.

LN
Lloyd N.
08/28/2017 Category: Service
Lloyd said he had used this business for years. He has recommended them to others and he has handed out their business cards. He appreciates that they added visual tape to make it easier for him to see while maneuvering around the facility.

Thank you so much Lloyd for being a customer for so many years. You are one in a million and we sure appreciate you always believing in us and our service. We look forward to serving you again in the future.