The Ford Store of San Leandro

NC
Nicholas C.
Castro Valley, CA
11/05/2018
Worst place ever and the lie too!
I just got off the phone with Melissa, receptionist, who ended the conversation in a rather rude and unprofessional manner. However, she is the least of my problems as I've had no return phone call from anyone in this store after dropping my car off for a half day recall repair. I called Thursday afternoon after dropping my car off Thursday morning according to the appointment the shop gave me on Tuesday. I was assigned to Paul who told me there was no evidence that I had made an appointment. Nevertheless, he took my car in anyway. It should have taken a few hours to fix. I called Thursday afternoon to find out the status of my car but nobody was there to assist me. I left a message but got no return call. I called again on Friday 3 times to three different numbers and left messages. Still no return call. Saturday I called two more times and left messages and guess what? No return phone call. I called today (Sunday) and was told that the service dept was closed and that nobody there could help me find out the status of my car. I asked Melissa if she could connect me with a manager and she said that only the service department could help me but that dept is closed today. I told her that I still wanted to speak to a manager, but Melissa refused to transfer my call to a manager because she thought that a sales manager could not help me. After asking several times to speak to any manager, Melissa continued to deny my request and when asked for the name of the general manager, she again refused to give me the name or number or connect me with the general manager. When I asked for her name, Melissa at first hesitated and then told me her name and added, sarcastically and unprofessionally that I better "mark that down" referring to her name. I didn't need or deserve any attitude from Melissa who I assume is supposed to help customers get in contact with people at your store. It would not have been difficult for Melissa to forward my call to the general or service manager so that I might leave a message alerting them to my problem when they got in on Monday morning. Instead, Melissa chose to be as unhelpful as she could be. She didn't even take a message from me to forward my concerns to the managers so the entire phone call was an aggravating waste of time.

I believe that I am as entitled to decent service as any other customer. Yet, I am sitting here without any transportation, in need of a trip to the grocery store, and completely in the dark about the status of my car. Tell me, if you called a service rep or store 8 times over a four day period and never got a return phone or any indication about the status of your vehicle, and that left you without any transportation, would you feel like you were getting decent Service or would you feel that you deserved better service?

At this point I just wanted my car back and to file a complaint against the service department.

Just a follow up. On Monday I still hadn't gotten a call from the Ford Store. So, I began my calls to San Leandro Ford. I only got voice mail for the Assigned person, Paul, and the service dept. I left specific urgent messages asking for a callback to get the status of my car. This was about 8:30. An hour later, I still had no call, so I called them back. After a number of times being placed on hold, I finally got ahold of Paul. Paul pretended like he didn't know who I was and had to 'look up' the status which was, surprise surprise, "we don't even have that part " so we haven't touched your car. But, I reminded him, I mentioned that when I first brought it in but you didn't say a word. I remind him that I've left messages since Thursday and still hadn't heard from him. He lies in response and says he left a message for me on Thursday at 1:00. I know he hasn't but check my phone and voicemail logs and there is, to nobodies surprise, no call or message from them at all. Not one return call in response to what ended up being eleven calls to this POS dealership. I confront Paul with the truth but he doesn't back down, doesn't apologize. I tell him to send a car to come get me (they give courtesy rides to all service customers.) it's 9:40 now, I wonder how many days it's going to take them to come get me?

If you have any option whatsoever, do not bring your car here for service. I wouldn't come here to purchase either as a business that puts up with employees who lie to customers is simply not a place to do any business. I guess being a liar just isn't as bad as it used to be?

Maria D.
Tenafly, NJ
05/18/2018
Stand behind your product
We took our 2011 Ford fiesta there for a recall that never got fixed. They recommend investigating the problem further and asked that I give authorization for my credit card to be billed $1900 upfront. The fee is just to "look at what's going on". If it's recall related, they will fix it and I pay flat fee plus tax of $1900 only.
If not then I pay $1900 plus the cost of part and repair.
And this is how the service manager would like to help me : $100 discount off of service or get a new Ford by trading in the one I have.
What makes him think I'd want to do that when they can't even stand behind their priduct ?????
Thiis 7yr old car is very well maintained with only 70k mi. I hope the owner of this dealership reads this review and really takes notice of how people run his business.
As of this minute my car is still there for a week now as the dealership is awaiting my $1900. I don't have this money lying around so I guess I will take my car back. Car is dangerous to drive so if I get into and accident, I guess I have someone to blame now.

RV
Ruslan V.
12/29/2016
I usually do not write reviews
I usually do not write reviews but this time it is a MUST, I hope this will help other customers:

As you can see below many customers ARE NOT happy with how the Service/Sales are PROVIDED and that is THE TRUTH.

Perhaps a very large number of customers are get manipulated by this dealer, THEY WILL PROMISE things that they will NEVER deliver, any agreements prior ?? forget it.

I specifically asked Mark before going in if the price provided by Tee will still be honored he did say "Yes" come in and I will help you (they are the managers).

We were about ready to get the contract going and the payments did not make any sense to me and here is why: they did increase the price by $2,000.00 this is want I get as a repeat customer!!! right ?

I asked you (Mark) before coming in if the car will be sold to me at the msrp price and you told me 'yes' and now what is going on ? well someone from San Jose is going to pay the $2,000.00 above the msrp so that's why we increased the price and course some additional horse shit.

So this is very clear how much they care about repeat business to keep you as a happy customer, all they care about is how to get the most money out of you.

I DID NOT BUY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT HONEST AND I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY OTHER DEALERS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR STRESS.

PLEASE AVOID THIS dealer YOU WILL THANK ME LATER

NA
Norma A.
FORD FUSION
11/04/2015 Category: Sales
Everyone at the Ford Store was so courteous and nice. Stephen Wu was just wonderful.
I am glad I went to the Ford Store in San Leandro and found the perfect car for myself.

YY
Yong Y.
Castro Valley, CA
11/03/2015 Category: Service
Fast, friendly, and professional.
Great pleace, no hassle or haggle. Just need more inventory and selection.

NN
Nancy N.
San Francisco, CA
FORD TRUCK ESCAPE
10/31/2015 Category: Sales
Recently bought a 2015 Escape and was very pleased with the customer service when purchasing the vehicle. Antonio was great!!

CR
Cesar R.
San Lorenzo, CA
FORD TRUCK F-150 SERIES
10/31/2015 Category: Sales
Customer service is great.
Great sales person

Jorie P.
Easy
Just bought a super cheap commuter car. Our salesman was kind and patient even though he wasn't making much on the deal.

Deborah W.
FORD FUSION
10/31/2015 Category: Service
Courtesy of personnel
The customer service at The Ford Store of San Leandro is top notch.

JE

Kenneth W.
Fair Oaks, CA
10/28/2015 Category: Sales
Car Buying Made Simple
This is the second new Explorer that I have purchased from The Ford Store of San Leandro. From the time I ordered my vehicle to the day I took delivery, it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had purchasing a vehicle.

KN
Krissia N.
Hayward, CA
TOYOTA TRUCK HIGHLANDER
10/27/2015 Category: Service
Customer service is outstanding!
Completely trust this staff, Thank you! :)

RO
Robert O.
Hayward, CA
10/26/2015 Category: Service
How much feed back do you need?
I just think it is excessive to have to fill out a review twice every time I bting my vehicle in for an oil change . Once for Quik Lube and once for your Ford store. Are you have a crisis of confidence taht your customers have to tell you twice that you are dong a good job. Trust me. IF you had not given me good service you would kno about it by now.

VF
Vince F.
Ford Transmission Recall
since this is a recall - this FORD STORE is over booked and means - when you leave your car for service - it will take a couple of days before they see your car as it sits in their lot - I Set up with an appointment - I had no access to my car for about 2.5 days and that is to just to look at it (no repairs done). Then you are required to return after the parts are orded and the same situtation - your car sits for two days before they even look at it -- Why can't this system be set up so as we drop off our car it can turely be serviced that same day? -- what happens was explained - our cars are sysmaticly waiting in line to be seen and that line can some times be 3 days -- Can most of us wait that long with our a car? -- I can't -- Can anything be done about this? I would request when we make our appointment - don't book us when you know that date is really two days after that drop off. Don't let us make an appointment on day when you know our cars will not be serviced. Is this possible?

Melanie B.
San Lorenzo, CA
Excellent Customer Service
I have experienced their customer services several different times in the past two years. I am so impressed with the quality of the service and the courteous attitude of all the staff.

Caroline S.
San Ramon, CA
FORD FIESTA
Great
Jeff is always so helpful and Ignacio also ensures I'm taken care of every time I'm there.

KO

Mark F.
FORD TRUCK EDGE
10/24/2015 Category: Service
bad customer service
horrible service was quoted a price came back the next day an the the service manager order the wrong part an then told me to come an that the price was higher than originally told to me. wasted my gas an time. everytime I come for service I always have to come back.