WB
Walt B.
Lincoln Town Car
01/16/2019 Category: Service
Walt said he came in because a taillight bulb was not working. He was told by the employee that he needed a new switch, so they would have to get into the dashboard and it would cost $100. Being a Mechanical Engineer himself, he was confused, because if it was the switch, then both lights would be out, not just the one. He mentioned he may be missing something. He would not recommend this business for the reason already stated.

EP
ERIN P.
12/29/2017
Overpriced
Overpriced
Danny G. from Tony's Service Center responded on 12/30/2017

please send email or call and let me know what items were overpriced on the repair order or what the prices were compared to. I am concerned about being competitive based on the value we offer.

KJ
Kathleen J.
Volkswagen New Beetle
11/22/2017 Category: Service
Kathleen said she was not happy at all with this business. They wanted to charge her $900 for a new alternator. She took the vehicle to a different business, and she was told there is nothing wrong with the alternator. They charged her $46 for the diagnosis. She will never go there again. She stated they took advantage of her by falsely diagnosing the vehicle, and charging her just to look at it. She has never had another business charge her just for the diagnosis.
Danny G. from Tony's Service Center responded on 11/27/2017

We understand your concern. The test we performed evaluated the amperage and the voltage at the time of testiing from the alternator and it was found to be under specification. the vehicle may have had other issues, from the interlock installation or the computer. Neither of these were evaluated. the price of the alternator was given to your father before the car was brought in for testing.

MK
Mandy K.
09/05/2017
Not a great experience
The gentleman who runs the front desk is rude and condescending, not very customer service friendly at all. Wasn't told that I would be charged $75-$140 just to assess my vehicle when I made the appointment or even when I dropped it off, thankfully I clarified because he wasn't volunteering that information. It was like pulling teeth trying to convey what I needed done. I suggest the shop down the street on the west side of 16th street (red sign) called Ted & Bob's where they assessed my vehicle for free as most shops do.
Danny G. from Tony's Service Center responded on 09/06/2017

I apologize for coming off rude or condescending. my intension was to discover what was most important to you. The first time you came in on labor day, the intial test drive and time was free. It is my fault for not preparing you for a charge the second time, when you dropped off the car. All inspetion time is free with repairs.

Tyler M.
Toyota FJ Cruiser
06/07/2017 Category: Service
Tyler said he would not recommend this business because the gentleman at the front desk cursed at him during his visit.

SF
Sheila F.
Lexus GX 460
08/29/2016 Category: Service
Sheila said she would not recommend this business for service because there was body damage done to her vehicle while it was in their care. She said when she went to pick up her vehicle there was a big scrape on her vehicle and it was not there when she dropped it off. She also said when she talked to the owner they denied it and said it was not them.

BRYAN B.
Gilbert, AZ
04/15/2016
Great customer service, very personable.
Price quoted for work was high. I ended up getting it done elsewhere for over 1/3 less.
Danny G. from Tony's Service Center responded on 04/16/2016

I am happy that you found a facility to meet your needs financially. In the future please request the lowest price available. I have value lines in brakes that meet everyones need financially.

IF
Ian F.
Tucson, AZ
02/27/2016 Category: Service
Ian said he took his vehicle in and was told the main seal on his engine was going bad but he thought it was too expensive to repair. He later took apart his vehicle and believes the issue is with the pcv valve. Due to what he believes is an incorrect diagnosis he would not recommend this business.

VD
Victor D.
Arizona
12/21/2015 Category: Service
Victor said the service was ok but very expensive.

TK
tod k.
Lima, Lima
Buick LeSabre
06/08/2015
rip off with enviromental charges and shop charges
I would never go backs..

CI
Carmencita I.
Chrysler Sebring
04/28/2015 Category: Service
Carmencita said she was notsatisfied. She got an oil change, drove her vehicle two miles and it stopped because they had not put any oil in. She had to have her vehicle towed back to the facility and they said they would have to replace the engine but at no charge. They would not charge for labor but she had to pay for the parts. She said okay but her family was upset with her because she should not have to pay for anything. It was their fault. After she got her vehicle back, her air conditioning would not work although it was working before. They said they did not touch it and they are not going to replace it. Based on this experience, she would not recommend the business to others.
Danny G. from Tony's Service Center responded on 04/30/2015

The technician who did the oil change put the incorect oil filter on the car. We towed in the car, evaluated the the damage and purchased the engine. We installed the engine at no cost parts and labor. At the time of the oil change, the sebring came in with many obvious repair issues. engine light on, cooling system leaks, weak suspension, worn out hoses and belts, uneven tires, it had 98000 miles on it. Admittedly we did not inspect the ac during the oil change, it is not part of the minimum oil change price. During the the engine exchange the ac was evacuated and only had half the freon needed to blow cold. When I had offerred to repair all the other issues that needed attention during the engine exchange I only mentioned the severly distressed components. Carmencitas husband Edwardo made the desicion to provide the belts and hoses needed and we provided a factory only thermostat housing at our cost. we promised the vehicle in seven days and returned it in four. Some days later the weather warmed up and Carmencita returned to say the ac did not blow cold. we evaluated the the ac system, the freon was at the same level, the expansion block was non operational,(this part allows the freon to be metered from a high pressure to a low pressure), with out this working there wil be no cold air. In addition the compressor was not pumping correctly, the clutch on the front of the compressor turned but no pumping action. I provided an estimate to correct this situation at our cost. Edwardo returned the next day and said that ac worked. My only question to him was how was that possible. Edwardo's response, "I had the ac checked two months ago when it did not work, and the technicain lied to me that day about how it worked". I responded that he did know that it did not work and I was still willing to fix it at my cost. Edwardo refused and walked out. This is a bad situation any way you look at it. I would like Edwardo to have the ac evaluated by any accredited facility of his choosing for a second opinion(in writing). If their evaluation is different and the recommendation is the engine failure caused the ac to fail, I will willing fix the ac at my cost.

Stanley S.
Chevrolet Astro
05/30/2014
my van
Not even one star.
Dropped the ball on this one, went back 3 times to repair problem, told them what it was...still had the problem afterwards, went to NAPA got the right part, put it on myself...also very pricey for the service.
FAIL.

Ryan S.
Nissan Maxima
02/18/2014
won't be going back
They are over priced. I will not be going back. They wanted to charge me 1300$ for a brake job. I took the car some place else and got what I wanted for a fraction of the price. If you care about your wallet don't go here!

VP
Vance P.
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
09/26/2013
Expensive and condescending
Wanted to charge me $135 more than other shops to install a catalytic converter even after charging me a $120 diagnostic fee. Guy behind counter when I dropped my car off in the morning was doom and gloom from the moment I walked in the door. "Could take 3 or 4 days to get parts for that car." But he didn't even know what the issue was and I haven't had any issue locating parts myself.

Jerry S.
Mitsubishi Diamante
09/21/2013 Category: Service
Jerry said they took him for a ride at this business. They first gave him an estimate of $2,000. Then they came up with a second estimate of $2,400. It ended up costing $2,600. They fixed his vehicle but he said they should not take advantage of people that way. He would not recommend this business due to the reason mentioned.

DA
Dave A.
Jeep Liberty
03/14/2013
Not So Great
I have been recommending this place for awhile. Not anymore. Another shop told my daughter and her husband that they had a problem with their radiator, but that the radiator looked new and she should check to see if it was under warranty by the shop (Tony's) that had previously repaired it. They called Tony's and they said yes it was still under warranty to bring to their place on 16th Street. They totally disregarded my son in laws request to call him even though he told them that I had brought the car in previously, but not to call me call him or his wife. The request was right on the order. Well the next morning I get a call telling me that the car need cooling repairs and it would cost $550. It's my daughter's car of course I said yes. Later they called my daughter to tell her that the car was ready. She thought great the warranty must has covered the cost. Only after she and her husband arrived to pickup the vehicle did they realize that they owed $550. After arguing that they never authorized the work Tony's told them that they called me to authorize the work and I did therefore they owed Tony's $550. My daughter reviewed the work order and the same work cost half as much at the first shop. Tony's would not match the price or even offer any discount even though they screwed up by not following the instructions that they wrote on the work order (to call son in law or daughter with cost estimate before starting work).
I think Tony's did this on purpose and even if they didn't do it on purpose they made a mistake by not calling the owner as specifically requested. They should have owed up and negotiate a fair price. Their attitude and the fact that they are clearly over pricing their work means no more of my business and no more recommendations.

Junior H.
GMC Jimmy
01/30/2013 Category: Service
Junior said that he paid $65 for them to look at his vehicle . He did not have any work done on it because the price quote was out of his range.

NM
Nancy M.
Lexus ES 330
01/26/2013
this place sucks!!!!
Worse place ever, my car is now more in trouble than before, and customer service is a joke

EH
Evan H.
12/20/2012
Rip off city, you give mechanics a bad name
$900+ to change my fuel pump. It took me 2 hours and cost me $144. Wouldn't give me an over the phone quote when I told them what was wrong they wouldn't quote me a price till they do there $106 diagnostic and swindled me into have them "check it out" when I knew what was wrong, so I paid them to tell me something I already knew. Shady service, waste of time, money, I understand you have to make money and would have paid 400 for the work but the wanted almost 1000 bucks. Rip off do not trust these guys

PW