Toyota of El Cajon

Latest Review about 1 month ago
Kamil H. on 10/12/2017
"Service "
I came today morning and waited 30 minutes
No one he can help me and the manager will call me because he have meeting still no one call me
Service Date: 10/12/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 11:04 AM
AWS N. on 08/27/2016
"RUDE Customer Service"
Went to return a lease, after waiting for more than 15 minutes for one of the sales manager to show up, I tried to remind him that I was still waiting. That's where he kicked me out and started cussing at me in Arabic so that other people around him don't understand what he was saying. Apparently, he didn't know that I knew Arabic! Then he started treating me in a very rude way without even apologizing. His name was Marwan. WORST sales manager I have ever dealt with in my life. WORST dealership experience. Do not deal with MARWAN.
Service Date: 08/26/2016
Review Created: 08/27/2016 12:37 PM
Erika P. on 07/26/2016
"Parts/Services"
I received a recall on my 2010 Toyota Tacoma in the mail that informed me that my leaf springs could be damaged. When I arrived to have my truck looked over the appointment was quick and easy. They even washed my car. So the next step was to wait for the part to come in, which the associate told me would be in about a week or two and that he would call me to come in when the part had arrived. I called four weeks later wondering if maybe it came in and they had just forgot about me. I called that weekend to find out what happened with my part. I was not given a clear answer and was told to just call back Monday. I called that Monday and was told to wait an additional week and to not worry about the problem. It has now been over six weeks since I had last been to the El Cajon service center. I have still not received my leaf springs. I had to call the Poway Toyota Dealership to see if they had my part and luckily they had it in stock and made an appointment for the next day to have the recalled part repaired. Thank goodness for Poway Toyota! I will NOT go back to the El Cajon dealership due to the run around I faced when trying to get my recalled part fixed.
Service Date: 06/16/2016
Review Created: 07/26/2016 08:51 PM
Lourdes E. on 07/07/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Bobby Quintero - Parts. Best Customer Service ever"
Bobby went above and beyond in providing the best customer service. I called the parts dept on Sunday 7/3. My car broke down in Ensenada, Mexico. I was calling to see if they had the part. He looked and unfortunately due to the weekend and 4th of July holiday he was not able to get the part. I never gave him my phone number. About a half hour later the phone rang and it was Bobby. He had used caller ID to call me back. He had spoken to one of the techs in service. He told me what part I could get in Mexico and how to have it installed so that I could get back to the US for the permanent repair. It. Worked and I was able to bring my car to Toyota of El Cajon for the repair. . I was really stressed out because i didn't know how I was going to get my car back to the US. Thanks so much Bobby for going above and beyond to assist your customer
Service Date: 07/03/2016
Review Created: 07/07/2016 08:51 PM
ruben g. on 06/26/2016
"DELIGHTED WITH MY FJ!"
Very nice people especially Robert Petty and Ali. Drove by one day and saw a beautiful " CHERRY CONDITION" Iceberg White FJ Cruiser on the lot with only 25000 miles on a 2013. These beauties are rare and to find one certified and very nice was pure luck!
We negotiated and I was happy and felt like I was treated fairly. There was only one key so Robert got me a new factory FOB and also let me pick something out of the accessory shop to boot! Very polite and nice folks here. Would buy again
Sales Date: 06/12/2016
Review Created: 06/26/2016 05:26 PM
D N. on 06/20/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Excellent Service Department Staff"
On 6/4/2016, while the Sales department was finalizing our third Toyota purchase in 3 years, we took our 2015 Prius in for a warranty job (with no appointment). The molding/weather strip has fallen off. Melissa McMurtry was our Service Rep. She took a look and started the work order process immediately. She later told us that the technician has tried a new molding, but it's defective as well. They needed to order a new one. We were going to be on a road trip on Tuesday and that day was Saturday. We were very concerned. Melissa contacted the Parts department and ensured the part was ordered immediately and an expedited order was requested. She told us the part would be in on Monday so that we could have the repair done first thing Tuesday morning before we headed out onto our trip. On Monday, 6/6, she called me and provided the status, even she was off that day. She said the part was en-route in LA and would arrive Monday night. She already arranged our repair to be done Tuesday morning 8am as soon as the technician came in. She told us that she was off Monday and Tuesday, but had asked another Service staff to take care of this. What an extraordinary service we have received from her. She did this beyond her normal duty and her follow-through effort was just outstanding. We have bought quite a few cars here through John A.'s superb service. This round, we have to compliment the Service Department, especially Melissa McMurtry's above-and-beyond service.
Service Date: 06/04/2016
Review Created: 06/20/2016 12:23 PM
Jenifer L. on 11/16/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Above and beyond excellent!"
My boyfriend and I came in last weekend to look for an SUV. We were immediately greeted by Shawn, our sales rep, who has been phenomenal ever since he introduced himself!

We decided to look at the 2016 4Runners. Shawn kindly showed us several ones they had on the lot and offered us a test drive, and man, the test drive was awesome. The 4Runner was everything we were looking for! From the aggressive exterior look to the nicely modern interior to the smooth but beastly drive. My boyfriend and I knew we had to have it.

When we were ready to pick our vehicle trim, we were saddened to hear that the trim we wanted was not in stock. But, the great sales manager we worked with, Paul, went above and beyond to make sure we were happy customers. While we waited, he searched for the trim we wanted. In no time, he came back to tell us he found it and was willing to have it shipped/driven over (we didn't have to pay any costs)!

Not only did we get the vehicle we wanted, we also got it at a great deal! So great that I will definitely be coming back again for my next car! We came back the next day to complete the paperwork, which did not take long. The whole process was quick and easy.

This purchase, I would have to say, has been the best experience yet, and I have bought a total of 4 cars from Toyota of El Cajon. It was all because of Paul and Shawn! The experience they provided was superb! Great customer service, vehicle, deal, and experience! See you next time :)
Sales Date: 11/10/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 03:02 PM
Jenifer L. on 11/16/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Above and beyond excellent!"
Toyota of El Cajon is hands down my favorite Toyota dealership of all time. The customer service you receive is always phenomenal. This is my 4th time coming back to this dealership and it is also the very very best.

My boyfriend and I came last week to look at and purchase either a Rav4 or 4Runner. We ended up purchasing a 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4 and it was the best decision we have made on a vehicle. The vehicle is great - from the aggressive looking exterior to the modern interior to the smooth yet beastly drive. We are 100% satisfied with everything about it. Fortunately, we have nothing to complain about. We drove our new car the next day from SoCal to NorCal and the ride has never been better, speaking as the driver and passenger.

When we came Toyota of El Cajon, we were immediately greeted by Shawn, our awesome sales rep. He was nice and willing to help. He was in no way a debbie downer. He was truely there to make us happy. When we got back, we were told that the specific trim we wanted was not in-stock, but that did not stop them from providing us outstanding customer service. The sales manager, Paul, searched for the specific 4Runner we wanted and found it after making several calls. He even offered to have it shipped/driven to their dealership without a cost to us! Paul was truely great, from getting us our specific vehicle to offering us the best deal!

This has been our best experience and I can guarantee that it will not be our last! Toyota of El Cajon is more than just a dealership, it is a place you can trust to get the best vehicle at the best price while receiving outstanding customer service. Thank you again :)
Sales Date: 11/10/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 02:42 PM
Haydar T. on 10/20/2015
"Best dealership "
Best toyota dealership in entire san diego. We have been there last week to lease a car and we have been helped by shwan pasha he is one of the best salesmen there with an excellent customer service skills. I highly recommend this dealership for everyone who interested in having a toyota vehicle.
Sales Date: 10/16/2015
Review Created: 10/20/2015 12:35 AM
Summer Q. on 10/20/2015
"Best dealership ever "
We went to lease a car last week and we were helped by Shwan Pasha. This salesman is the best, he has excellent customer service skills. If you are looking for a car to lease or finance, I highly recommend this dealership and especially Shwan pasha.
Service Date: 10/16/2015
Review Created: 10/20/2015 12:21 AM
Robert R. on 10/16/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great car buying experience"
I couldn't be happier. I had a great experience with my salesman, Omed Khoshnaw. We were very professionally treated, and he searched for a 2016 toyota Tacoma 4x4 for us. He was on top of everything, and really treated us as a priority for him. It was a great experience, and my daughter loves our truck so much, she wants to head up there to get the same thing, very soon, from Omed. He treated us with such respect and caring, we will definitely buy from him again!
Sales Date: 10/02/2015
Review Created: 10/16/2015 02:59 PM
Joseph S. on 08/20/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Caring about the customer"
Lance Jones is the best service adviser I've know in 12 years with Toyota. Heaved us late on a Saturday afternoon when my 2004 4 Runner literally stopped on I-8 near El Cajon. We limped into the dealearship and, despite being closed, he assured us the car would be looked at Sunday (wow! Sunday service hours). The diagnosed the problem with electrical and fixed it, allowing us to get back to Phoenix for work. All the time he was very pleasant and kept us informed. Wish the Phoenix dealership could provide the same level of caring and quality.
Service Date: 07/25/2015
Review Created: 08/20/2015 08:56 AM
Laura B., Customer Relations Manager at Toyota of El Cajon responded on 08/20/2015

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your service visit here at Toyota of El Cajon with our associate
Lance Jones. We are delighted to hear that everything went smooth and Lance was able to get you back on the road promptly. We will be sure to acknowledge Lance for all of his efforts. Anytime you're in the neighborhood, don't hesitate to come see us. We are happy to be your San Diego County Toyota Dealership for years to come!

Kind Regards,

(619) 270-3195
Alaa J. on 07/25/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"He was very helpful respectful by the mean of word"
Michael farhat was a great man
Sales Date: 07/25/2015
Review Created: 07/25/2015 10:14 PM
Rachel E. on 02/27/2015
"Helpful Staff"
They worked me with me on choosing the best car for me that would give me the value and reliability I wanted, along with a great warranty. Can't beat that!
Sales Date: 02/27/2015
Review Created: 02/27/2015 03:13 PM
Janae R. on 08/21/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Best car buying experience EVER!"
I would give 10 stars if I could! My boyfriend and I bought a barely used Scion iQ from another Toyota dealership and were very unhappy with the transmission just after a month. We went to a few dealerships about our predicament only to be shot down and told that we were "buried in the car". Feeling defeated, we decided to give Toyota of El Cajon just for the hell of it and Jason Mongold welcomed us. Personally, I prefer a salesman that will take the time to get to know us and also share their own life to create a bond. I work at local dealership and know firsthand how some salesman can see you as only a paycheck. Jason was by far the best salesman I have met and went above and beyond to put us in a 2015 Scion tC. I was blown away!!! We are so happy with the car and absolutely love it! Thank you so much for working miracles, Jason and welcoming us to the Toyota of El Cajon family, I will certainly send people your way! And thank you Toyota of El Cajon for keeping me an avid Toyota enthusiast!
Sales Date: 06/28/2014
Review Created: 08/21/2014 04:20 PM
Melissa M. at Toyota of El Cajon responded on 08/22/2014

Hello Janae,

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear that Jason made your experience a great one and was able to accommodate you. We hope you are enjoying your new Scion TC and we definitely look forward to seeing you again.

Kirby M. on 08/20/2014
"Horrible"
I originally brought my car into Toyota of El Cajon back in May of 2014 wanting a couple of things fixed. The back hatch of my 2002 Highlander is stuck. There is a piece of fabric stuck in the locking mechanism and it won't open. I was quoted $250 to find out what was wrong and then go from there. Um, hello, I know what is wrong - there is a piece of cloth stuck in the locking mechanism. I don't need to pay $250 for someone to tell me that. I also wanted to get my taillight fixed, which it is intermittent, but I can manipulate the wires to get the taillight to come back on. I was told that the only way to get to the taillight is to get the back hatch open. WRONG!!! I get back there frequently to manipulate the wires and get the taillight to work, so I know it is accessible without the back hatch open. I then brought my vehicle to Toyota of Mission Valley in July of 2014 thinking they would want to help me, since Toyota of El Cajon did not. I told them what was wrong and the sales representative looked at me dumbfounded and said "I don't know what to do about that. We'll have to send it to our body shop". I walked out of there with no work being done either. Once again, I brought my vehicle into Toyota of El Cajon wanting an oil change in August of 2014. At this point, the car is not having troubles starting (cold start). I explained the symptoms, and Simo explained that it sounded like an idle control valve, and that I would need to leave the car overnight so that they could try and start the car when it is cold to properly diagnose the problem. That was not an option for me at the moment because I use my car for work and needed to plan in advance for being without it. I also brought up the taillight and back hatch, and again got the same response - $250 just to look at the back hatch, and the taillight can't be addressed until the back hatch was fixed. At that point I told the service representative "Fine, I'll get someone else to do it - someone that wants my money". I got my oil change and left. 2 days later, I got a ticket for my taillight not working, which really pissed me off because I've brought it into Toyota on THREE separate occasions asking to get it fixed and was denied service. I got an email asking me to fill out a survey about my recent experience (oil chance)with Toyota, I rated them accordingly and expressed my displeasure with their service. I also explained that I have bought 2 vehicles with Toyota of El Cajon since 2007 and have had them serviced nowhere else, and that I will not be returning neither to get service or to buy another vehicle in the future. A few days later, I received a phone cal on August 18 2014 from Jeremy at Toyota saying he saw my survey and asking me what they could do to earn me back as a customer. I asked him what they were willing to do, and he asked me to bring my car in on July 19, 2014 and they would give me a loaner vehicle to use while they diagnosed and fixed my vehicle. I explained to him that I use my vehicle for work, and I need to plan for not having my vehicle. We made an appointment for me to bring in my vehicle right before closing time on on August 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM. I felt relieved that someone was finally doing something to address the concerns of my vehicle. When I got there at 6:15, Jeremy was not there. In fact Simo, the one who told me my car needed to be left overnight to start the vehicle while it is cold greeted me, and told me Jeremy was not there. He said "So, you're ready to leave it overnight", I said "Yes, I spoke with Jeremy, and he said he was going to give me a loaner to use while my car was getting worked on". Well the rental department closed at 6!!! I do not understand why Jeremy would call and offer to give me a loaner vehicle, and then schedule an appointment for me to come in AFTER the rental department was closed - not to mention him not being there to deal with me. Simo at that point asked me to bring it in in the morning. When I asked him "I thought you wanted it here while it is cold to duplicate the problem", he said "Well, since we're going to be working on the back hatch, it will cool down while we work on it. Besides, there are things we can do to artificially cool it if need be". YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!! If there are things that can be done to artificially cool the car, why wasn't that offered to me the first time when I explained I couldn't leave it over night. The worst part about this whole thing is the money it's costing me. I received a traffic ticket for not having my taillight fixed when I originally brought it in to get fixed 3 months prior and on 3 separate occasions. Along with the taillight, I am now not working for 2 days because I had planned on being without my car on the 19th and 20th since I HAD A FREAKING APPOINTMENT!!! So, to sum it up - I've brought my car in three separate times to get fixed - denied service all three times. I had someone reach out to me about my dissatisfaction and offering to go above and beyond to help satisfy me, but made an appointment for me to come in when he wasn't there not to mention the rental department being closed. I did not ask for a free loaner, it was offered to me. Why would someone make an appointment for me to come in and drop my car off after the rental department was closed??? It makes absolutely no sense at all to me. Not only will I never be back on any Toyota dealership, I will go out of my way to make sure anyone I know of come in contact with doesn't step foot on Toyota property again. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Service Date: 08/19/2014
Review Created: 08/20/2014 10:09 AM
Laura B., Customer Relations Manager at Toyota of El Cajon responded on 08/20/2014

Dear Kirby,
We certainly do not blame you one bit for feeling the way that you do. After discussing this with Jeremy, he did set up your appointment, but thought you said you did not need the rental so he did not reserve one. I am happy that he was able to talk to you again today to get you back in. We are determined to see this through to the end and we appreciate you giving us another chance! Call me if you need anything.
Sincerely,
(619) 270-3195 Direct Line

Martha M. on 08/08/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great friendly service and deals!"
In June my old Toyota truck broke down and I knew I needed a new one. My daughter offered to drive me the long way there. And I am glad she did. I got a great deal on my new Toyota Tacoma. A lot better than the dealers in my area where trying to give me in my area for a used one. The staff was awesome. I have never felt so comfortable at a dealership before. Simeon Okosun called me after I filled out the online application and had a few cars for me to look at ready upon my arrival. He listened to me when I told him what I needed and based his suggestions on my needs. Danny Trickey was incredibly good at getting me financed at a low rate. The whole experience was incredibly pleasurable and timely. The staff was bilingual and was able to relate to me. The part it was most impressed with is the follow up to make sure I am doing good and have no questions on my purchase. Simeon Okosun even called me on my birthday and remembered that I like mariachi music and sang happy birthday in one of my favorite mariachi songs!
I recommend Toyota of El Cajon to everyone I know.
Sales Date: 06/07/2014
Review Created: 08/08/2014 10:58 PM
Laura B., Customer Relations Manager at Toyota of El Cajon responded on 08/11/2014

Hello Martha,
Thank you so much for your kind review! It is alway a pleasure to hear about our customer's experience at Toyota of El Cajon and we are thrilled that everything went so well during your purcahse. Both Danny Trickey and Simeon Okosun will be happy to know you have recommended us to others. We welcome you to our Toyota family!
Kind Regards,

CHARLES A F. on 07/14/2014
"Friendly, helpful and accurate"
Friendly, helpful and accurate and on time
Vehicle: TOYOTA MATRIX
Service Date: 05/29/2014
Review Created: 07/14/2014 10:20 AM
JEROME A H. on 07/06/2014
"Buisness Model and Staff"
You dealership has a way of making the customer feel at home. The staff in particular are very well trained to meet the needs of the customer. Omed our sales person was absolutely fantastic. Enough so, that this was our second purchase from him within a months time. Thanks to Omed and Toyota El Cajon.
Vehicle: TOYOTA CAMRY
Sales Date: 06/25/2014
Review Created: 07/06/2014 11:20 PM
Melissa M. at Toyota of El Cajon responded on 07/07/2014

Hello Jerome,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had a good experience wth us and that Omed was so helpful in getting you the vehicle you deserve. We hope you are enjoying your new Camry and we look forward to seeing you again.

DAVID K. on 07/03/2014
"Hisham is a terrific salesman!"
My experience with Toyota El Cajon was the most cordial in fifty years of car-buying...Hisham went out of his way to accommodate my needs, to the extent of driving several times to my home. There was no pressure to close the sale, and I was pleased with our final sale terms.
I also would like to commend the Finance Manager, who guided me through the final paperwork.
All in all, a very satisfactory experience.
Thank you.
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS
Sales Date: 06/30/2014
Review Created: 07/03/2014 01:41 PM
Melissa M. at Toyota of El Cajon responded on 07/05/2014

Hello David,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you received the great customer service that we strive to give all our customers. We are happy that Hicham and our Finanace team were so helpful in getting you the car you wanted at the price you deserve. We hope you are enjoying your new Prius and we look forward to seeing you again.