University Tire And Auto Center - Pantops

Overall Rating 3.72/5Overall Rating 3.72/5Overall Rating 3.72/5rating 3.72rating 3.72

Latest Review over 1 year ago

Duska B.
11/28/2016
Poor Customer Service and Ripoff
I used to go there for every oil change and inspection. This year I was little late and took my car to get inspected the last day. Travis called me later that day and told me my car was done and the bill is around $500 I begged them to see if they could give me a little break since I've been their customer for a while but Travis told me "Ma'am do you go to the Doctor and tell him which bills you want to pay" Right there showed me there was no customer respect at all. I will never go there again!

SJ
S J.
11/01/2016
10 years Customer (expensive fix that could have been avoided)
10 plus years Customers) My sister had her transmission flushed there. Once she drove it home she noticed the truck had a bit of a jerk to it. She took the truck back to them several times questioning the jerk every time they so called checked it of course nothing was wrong after driving it for a few months and going back for them to look at it several more times now there's a problem now she need to replace the transmission of course it not their fault but they are the ones that has ever worked on her truck/transmission. Do not recommend them for service on anything.

** Update so my sister spoke with Dave she sent him the receipt of the new transmission work like he requested, she is not pointing the entire blame on UTAC but if they had looked at this issue when she kept saying something was not right after the transmission was flushed, it could have been avoided thousands of dollars later. So at this time of course no one has gotten back to her to see if they are going the help come up with a solution to this problem, other than the response below, that they have been in contact with my sister. If you are not going to help just say so instead of avoiding this matter.

AE
Anna E.
03/17/2016
CAUTION. SCAM ARTISTS
CAUTION. THEY WILL SCAM YOU. They failed my van for state inspection due to a "power steering leak." When asked to show us the leak, they were unable to. And STILL would not pass it. We had to get the Virginia State Police to come and ORDER them to pass the vehicle. Unbelievable. Thanks to the VSP for their time and assistance!

s c.
06/20/2015
Professional Rip Offs 0 out of 5!!!
After 1st service of over $2300, the repairs to car caused other damage, took back to shop and U Tire suggested another service charge of another $800 to fix the problem, car still was not running correct after that diagnosis, then claimed it was another issue w/ the car with the price tag of another $194.13, car broke down on me, brought car back to be serviced 3 more times in 4 days, again stated that they had taken care of all issues to my car, I drove it .25 miles from their shop and now they want to tell me BECAUSE I DROVE IT FOR SO LONG NOW YOU NEED A TRANSMISSION THAT WILL COST ME $4113.00!!! I would not trust this shop with ANY SERVICE.

MICHAEL W.
Nellysford, VA
04/23/2014
I always go here because I get an oil change rotation and balance for less than $30 because I bought my tires here.

HW
HARRY W.
Volvo S80
04/14/2014
Great staff to work with !!
great service....Dale is the best and so is Ken.

DAVID H.
Keswick, VA
Lexus ES 350
04/11/2014
poor follow up
previously gave feedback re this trip. never heard from you

LG
LISA G.
Gordonsville, VA
Scion tC
04/02/2014
great customer service
very personable staff, wonderful customer service.

DAVID W.
Mineral, VA
03/28/2014
Took care of my request timely and for less
They were nice to honor a competitor's coupon and get me right in. They were fast and gave me a better price than my coupon. I will come back thanks to their great service.

GJ
GREGG J.
Saab 9-5
03/27/2014
Friendly service, and they do what they say they'll do.

GP

KATHERINE V.
Honda Accord
03/21/2014
Dale Shifflette
Dale Shifflette is wonderful. His service is always 100%.

Clarissa b.
Bremo Bluff, VA
03/20/2014
friendly
Can be a little slow at times

CLARISSA B.
New Canton, VA
Honda Accord
03/20/2014
they are friendly
They can be a little back up at times

DENNIS S.
Chevrolet Silverado
03/16/2014
Dale Shiflett has great customer service
Appreciate the quick service

DAVID H.
Lexus ES 350
03/13/2014
recent service
I was told my tires couldn't be rotated because you couldn't locate the lugnut key. I checked my records and you did the last tire rotation. Therefore you didn't return it to me. When I called I was told this happens often enough that you have a collection of keys. I understand how that can happen, but why do I have to make 2 trips to get it resolved? I did get my tires rotated and you did return the key. I think you need to review your procedure to keep customers happy. You are usually better than this.

MATT C.
Subaru Impreza
03/13/2014
terrible.
I dropped my car off in the am. Didnt hear anything, called at 3 pm and was told i was next. Went by a 6 and they hadnt looked at my car. They had no explanation.

KE
KELLY E.
03/04/2014
Good service,friendly, do what asked , call if problem
Dale is doing a super job

SCOTT and MARY S.
Keswick, VA
Cadillac Escalade
03/01/2014
The quality of service and the team!
Great place to take your car! They solved my tire issue that not even the dealer told me how to solve!!!! Convert to nitrogen! Love it!

EB