University Tire And Auto Center - Seminole Square

Overall Rating 4.14/5Overall Rating 4.14/5Overall Rating 4.14/5Overall Rating 4.14/5rating 4.14

Latest Review about 1 month ago

KW
Katherine W.
Richmond, VA
04/12/2018
Ready for road trip
I made a 10 am appointment for my car but was late bringing it in the same day and they still took me!
They checked my car over before a long road trip.
I feel confident now that my car will be safe for the trip since they told me it would be!
Bill is always very friendly!

EM
Ellen M.
Virginia Beach, VA
04/12/2018
Above and Beyond
Nathan and Bill, the manager, were extremely polite and helpful, spending over an hour trying to find a very specialized wheel to replace the damaged one on my car. Even though the wheel couldn’t be located, it wasn’t for lack of effort on their part. They didn’t charge me anything for all their time and trouble. Everyone else in the shop was just as kind and helpful. Their attitude made an unfortunate situation much less negative. I will use this shop in the future for needed repairs.

EB
ERIC B.
Louisa, VA
Buick Lucerne
04/29/2014
Going above and beyond
I went in for an oil change and asked the guy at the counter to have someone check a few extra things for me. Not only did they take the time to honor my requests, the guy who parked my car afterwards, reset my dashboard computer so the oil would start at 100%. Thanks guys!!

STEVE B.
04/27/2014
Please call
I would like for Larry Williams to call me before I post anything.

RP
RENEE P.
Pontiac Montana
04/24/2014
Prompt, friendly service
I would give them 5 stars if I hadn't felt like I was also just being "sold" on a new transmission. I am getting a second opinion, then maybe I can reevaluate my experience. I just feel like the diagnosis was absolute when there were no actual diagnostics for me to see ... maybe that's just the way it is; however the dealership told me that they can run an electronic scan of my car even though it's older and they also did not rule out other things that might cause the transmission to behave the way it is. Time will tell.

ADAM M.
Atlanta, GA
04/24/2014
Slow and expensive
I was there, first thing in the morning. They charged over $250 to install 5 bolts in the front tire and about 2 hours worth of labour. I waited there for over 8hours.

They also couldn't find the part I needed, and could only find a brand-new equivalent part (wheel rim) costing over $550.

No thanks guys, I'll check the junk yard for the part, and find someone else to do the work.

DAVID B.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
04/23/2014
Opens early.
Friendly service, Knowledgeable about auto parts.

JENNA R.
Pontiac Vibe
04/22/2014
Disappointed
The first time I went to University Tire and Auto, I had a wonderful experience and received great service at a very fair price.

The past two times I have gone to University Tire and Auto, and I have been very disappointed. They told me the service I requested was not possible without purchasing an entirely new part, and they wanted to charge me 6x what the fix should have cost.

Both times, I took my car elsewhere and received excellent service, the fix I requested without purchasing a new part, and they charged me a fraction of what University Tire and Auto wanted to charge. I won't be going back there for car service.

WE
WHITNEY E.
04/22/2014
Great experience!
Johnny was extremely helpful and the experience overall was easy and relatively quick. Thanks!

AN
ANDRES N.
04/19/2014
As usual, very good service!

JESISCA T.
04/10/2014
the friendly staff especially johnny!!
The atmosphere is great. The staff are very professional and beyond friendly!! Especially assistant manager Johnny!! Could not of asked for better service & prices!!

LC
LAUREN C.
04/08/2014
Wonderful place.
Excellent in every way! Been using you guys for years and for many years to come. Thank you.

STEVE B.
03/26/2014
Great Service as Usual!
Always a great place to take your vehicle. Very courteous service.

MOLLIE R.
Ford Fiesta
03/26/2014
University Tire - Inspection
Friendly, efficient, helpful, done as promised.

DK
DEBBIE K.
03/24/2014
Great people and great servie

KK
KATHY K.
03/20/2014
Good workmanship and pleasant staff
They staff are very pleasant and the mechanics are very good. Service is quick and reasonably priced.

SK
SUSAN K.
Bremo Bluff, VA
Nissan Versa
03/01/2014
Fiendlystaff
Staff is knowledgeable and really do care that I get the best service to keep my vehicle in safe working order.

AC
ANDREW and GEOVANNA C.
02/24/2014
professional attention to vehicle's performance and longevity
very pleased with customer service vehicle work

PH
PEGGY H.
Fork Union, VA
02/17/2014
good service
I question the service people about my car and the "why" of some service they suggest. They always explain services to me. They do a good job on my car.

HE
HNE E.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
02/01/2014
My experience was very satisfying and will highly recommend. Scott is the reason I brought my van to U tire.