University Tire And Auto Center - Seminole Square

Patricia C.
Palmyra, VA
12/24/2019
Elder abuse
Bill, at University Tire at Seminole Square , put an $8800 engine in my 12 year old Mini Cooper. The car had 84000 miles at the time. As a 78 year old woman, I had just gone through a very stressful situation with the Dealer.. The car had been
overheating. One place said that I needed an engine another said I did not. I was confused and was looking for someone I could trust.. It was causing me a great deal of stress. I had to trust someone. I trusted Bill but I did have some concern. Then the next time I was in the shop Bill threw his arms wide open and shouted, "Hello beautiful !" That's when I knew I'd been taken. I'm still paying for it. Both because I seriously can not deal with the stress and I can't do anything about it I've not even talked about it until now. But this greedy , disgusting man should be stopped from hurting people.

CT
Carl T.
12/19/2019
Poor Service and Uncaring Manager’s
Our first Problem was 2 Year’s ago. We had an oil change done, We left and the oil light came on. We returned, The Oil Filter Gasket was bad. The worst Problem happened Today. We bought 4 New Tires 3 Week’s ago and had the Oil changed. We noticed the Left Front Tire was low on Air. We went by Seminole Square, We told Them what was wrong. We Quote ( There are Customer’s head of You, do You want to jump in front of Them ), We said no and We returned this Morning. They checked ALL 4 Tires and could not find anything wrong???? We also told Them some oil was leaking. They told Us it probably was the oil pressure was leaking, it would cost $ 117.00 to fix. Being very Frustrated, We called Bill at University Tire and Auto in Ruckersville. He told Us to come to Ruckersville. We did and They put The Soap Solution around The Tire Stem’s and all around. The Value Stem was leaking. It was bubbling up around the Area. Seminole Square said nothing was wrong. We could have had a flat Tire in the Near Future. NOTHING was wrong with the Oil Pressure leaking, older Car’s do leak some, We were told that maybe too much oil was put in on the last oil change, it could have been Anything, however, nothing costing $ 117.00. It makes One not trust Your Mechanic for sure. Although out of the way a little, We trust Bill and will be going to Ruckersville for sure. Bill used to be the Manager at Seminole Square. He is very kind and takes care of His Customer’s for sure. There is a high turnover of People working at Seminole Square, that does not happen at Ruckersville. Be Leary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We called Seminole Square when We got Home from Ruckersville, We explained that Seminole Square had lost a Customer and We explained what happened, They said nothing and could have cared LESS for SURE

Tire Pressure
I stopped by thinking I had a tire pressure indicator problem. It turned out that the problem was low spare tire pressure. They corrected the problem and there was no fee.

David B.
Louisa, VA
11/28/2018
Not honest
I had my vehicle in to have tires balanced and come to find out later that they had broken my wheel lock key and 2 lock nuts on one side and left off 1 lug but off completely and just put the key back in the glove box with out saying a word,had to take to dealer to get them out at a cost of 280.00,and they won’t take care of it like they should!!!

WE
Willis E.
Hilton Head Island, SC
11/23/2018
Excellent prices and service
Have trusted University Tire and Auto for tires and service for many years. Moved to SC five years ago. Still bring my vehicles back at every opportunity because of their great service and great people.

Tracy S.
Palmyra, VA
10/03/2018
State Inspection Fraud ***Watch Out***
I took my car for Virginia State inspection and got taken. They failed my car for having surface rust on the outside 1/8" of my rotor where the brake pads do not touch. I
Intend to return to the shop with a Trooper accompanying me to inspect their station. Hopefully their license to inspect will be pulled so they can't defraud others in the near future.
There is no telling how many poor college students have been taken by their shady businesses practices in the past.

P.S.
Before I had them inspect my vehicle I asked the sales person how much it was to get the inspection and he told me that it was still $16. I asked how they made any money at that rate he said from the repairs that the inspections generated. I immediately informed him that I did all of my own repairs. I guess he didn't pass that along to the mechanic who inspected my car.

Dustin W.
Lynchburg, VA
05/17/2018
These guys came in clutch for me. I had car trouble on my way to an important interview and they fixed my car quickly to help me get back on the road.

KW
Katherine W.
Richmond, VA
04/12/2018
Ready for road trip
I made a 10 am appointment for my car but was late bringing it in the same day and they still took me!
They checked my car over before a long road trip.
I feel confident now that my car will be safe for the trip since they told me it would be!
Bill is always very friendly!

EM
Ellen M.
Virginia Beach, VA
04/12/2018
Above and Beyond
Nathan and Bill, the manager, were extremely polite and helpful, spending over an hour trying to find a very specialized wheel to replace the damaged one on my car. Even though the wheel couldn’t be located, it wasn’t for lack of effort on their part. They didn’t charge me anything for all their time and trouble. Everyone else in the shop was just as kind and helpful. Their attitude made an unfortunate situation much less negative. I will use this shop in the future for needed repairs.