University Tire And Auto Center - Seminole Square

Overall Rating 4.18/5Overall Rating 4.18/5Overall Rating 4.18/5Overall Rating 4.18/5rating 4.18

Tire Pressure
I stopped by thinking I had a tire pressure indicator problem. It turned out that the problem was low spare tire pressure. They corrected the problem and there was no fee.

David B.
Louisa, VA
11/28/2018
Not honest
I had my vehicle in to have tires balanced and come to find out later that they had broken my wheel lock key and 2 lock nuts on one side and left off 1 lug but off completely and just put the key back in the glove box with out saying a word,had to take to dealer to get them out at a cost of 280.00,and they won’t take care of it like they should!!!

WE
Willis E.
Hilton Head Island, SC
11/23/2018
Excellent prices and service
Have trusted University Tire and Auto for tires and service for many years. Moved to SC five years ago. Still bring my vehicles back at every opportunity because of their great service and great people.

Tracy S.
Palmyra, VA
10/03/2018
State Inspection Fraud ***Watch Out***
I took my car for Virginia State inspection and got taken. They failed my car for having surface rust on the outside 1/8" of my rotor where the brake pads do not touch. I
Intend to return to the shop with a Trooper accompanying me to inspect their station. Hopefully their license to inspect will be pulled so they can't defraud others in the near future.
There is no telling how many poor college students have been taken by their shady businesses practices in the past.

P.S.
Before I had them inspect my vehicle I asked the sales person how much it was to get the inspection and he told me that it was still $16. I asked how they made any money at that rate he said from the repairs that the inspections generated. I immediately informed him that I did all of my own repairs. I guess he didn't pass that along to the mechanic who inspected my car.

Dustin W.
Lynchburg, VA
05/17/2018
These guys came in clutch for me. I had car trouble on my way to an important interview and they fixed my car quickly to help me get back on the road.

KW
Katherine W.
Richmond, VA
04/12/2018
Ready for road trip
I made a 10 am appointment for my car but was late bringing it in the same day and they still took me!
They checked my car over before a long road trip.
I feel confident now that my car will be safe for the trip since they told me it would be!
Bill is always very friendly!

EM
Ellen M.
Virginia Beach, VA
04/12/2018
Above and Beyond
Nathan and Bill, the manager, were extremely polite and helpful, spending over an hour trying to find a very specialized wheel to replace the damaged one on my car. Even though the wheel couldn’t be located, it wasn’t for lack of effort on their part. They didn’t charge me anything for all their time and trouble. Everyone else in the shop was just as kind and helpful. Their attitude made an unfortunate situation much less negative. I will use this shop in the future for needed repairs.

EB
ERIC B.
Louisa, VA
Buick Lucerne
04/29/2014
Going above and beyond
I went in for an oil change and asked the guy at the counter to have someone check a few extra things for me. Not only did they take the time to honor my requests, the guy who parked my car afterwards, reset my dashboard computer so the oil would start at 100%. Thanks guys!!

STEVE B.
Crozet, VA
04/27/2014
Please call
I would like for Larry Williams to call me before I post anything.

RP
RENEE P.
Pontiac Montana
04/24/2014
Prompt, friendly service
I would give them 5 stars if I hadn't felt like I was also just being "sold" on a new transmission. I am getting a second opinion, then maybe I can reevaluate my experience. I just feel like the diagnosis was absolute when there were no actual diagnostics for me to see ... maybe that's just the way it is; however the dealership told me that they can run an electronic scan of my car even though it's older and they also did not rule out other things that might cause the transmission to behave the way it is. Time will tell.

ADAM M.
Atlanta, GA
04/24/2014
Slow and expensive
I was there, first thing in the morning. They charged over $250 to install 5 bolts in the front tire and about 2 hours worth of labour. I waited there for over 8hours.

They also couldn't find the part I needed, and could only find a brand-new equivalent part (wheel rim) costing over $550.

No thanks guys, I'll check the junk yard for the part, and find someone else to do the work.

DAVID B.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
04/23/2014
Opens early.
Friendly service, Knowledgeable about auto parts.

JENNA R.
Pontiac Vibe
04/22/2014
Disappointed
The first time I went to University Tire and Auto, I had a wonderful experience and received great service at a very fair price.

The past two times I have gone to University Tire and Auto, and I have been very disappointed. They told me the service I requested was not possible without purchasing an entirely new part, and they wanted to charge me 6x what the fix should have cost.

Both times, I took my car elsewhere and received excellent service, the fix I requested without purchasing a new part, and they charged me a fraction of what University Tire and Auto wanted to charge. I won't be going back there for car service.

WE
WHITNEY E.
04/22/2014
Great experience!
Johnny was extremely helpful and the experience overall was easy and relatively quick. Thanks!