Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Latest Review about 1 year ago

Gene P. on 09/26/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Honest work, exceptional service"
Completely agree with 5-star rating -- "as good as it gets." We have had three vehicles inspected and serviced over several years now at VA T&A of SF. Consistently, we have received extremely high quality service, at reasonable prices. More significantly, on more than one occasion, they have fixed problems that I thought would be much more expensive for a fraction of what i anticipated, or declined the work, saying it just wasn;t worth putting money into an older vehicle. Case 1 was an A/C problem on a 12 year old van. I was prepared for a new compressor, etc. -- they replaced a fuse for about $25. Second case, was a 16 year old 220k mile truck that needed a new drive train. We knew this would run into the thousands and were willing to put up to about $4k in. They new this. When they took it in for an estimate, they noticed there were major problems with the frame (rust through) that would prevent it from passing inspection in 3 months and rendered vehicle very unsafe to drive. Basically they refused to work on it. They could've easily taken my $4k and failed the truck in a couple of months. But they chose to do the right thing and take care of their customers -- me and my family, which includes two teenage drivers. Enough said, in my book!.
Service Date: 09/09/2016
Review Created: 09/26/2016 06:54 PM
Karen B. on 08/27/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING SERVICE"
Cheery, personal customer service!! Free rides!! Super-competitive prices!! I'm SOLD and I'll return here for my car needs!! I'm a busy single mom; my Honda Odyssey needed a new starter ASAP. Midas on Backlick quoted near $650 for labor and repairs! VA Tire and Auto let me bring in my own parts (I picked up the starter for $85 at Advance Auto Parts across the street by ordering online with a 30% off coupon code). I called around a found a mechanic that quoted me $180 for labor. VA Tire and Auto basically matched the price by charging me for 1.5 hours of labor instead of 2, which they could've. Plus, I found a $20 coupon code online, so the labor cost me about $170 total with tax. $255 total cost vs $650! And, did I mention they got it done the SAME DAY?? To top it all off, they gave me a free ride home and picked me up again for free at my house when my car was ready. The waiting area is stocked with free apples, free coffee, free coke/diet coke, free water bottles, and a bathroom that looks like you're in a hotel. And everyone there was just SO NICE. Front desk guy James was very kind and driver Keith was also so cheery and helpful. Just shows that VA Tire & Auto value customers and provides that old-fashioned, honest, helpful business that so many corporations have lost these days. THANK YOU!! I know where I'm going for my next oil change.
Service Date: 08/27/2016
Review Created: 08/27/2016 11:41 AM
JUSTIN P. on 01/26/2016
"Wonderful"
Great service, as always.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 12/27/2015
Review Created: 01/26/2016 12:51 PM
KEN W. on 01/12/2016
"incomplete work"
I spent reasonable time to explain all the work I wanted completed and was told they would call with an estimate for part of the work. The call I received was to tell me they were done. When I asked about the estimate I was told they don't have time that afternoon to complete the additional work. Unfortunately this is the third time they let me down.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 12/22/2015
Review Created: 01/12/2016 08:18 PM
BILL W. on 01/08/2016
"Good reliable service"
We've used Bobby Johnson as our mechanic for 39 years and have always been happy with his expertise with our cars.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 01/05/2016
Review Created: 01/08/2016 03:55 PM
JUDY L. on 01/08/2016
"Best Auto Place in Town"
This is my "go-to" place for my car services. They are efficient, knowledgeable, and honest. I highly recommend them to everyone.
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Review Created: 01/08/2016 12:56 PM
JOHN W. on 01/08/2016
"Disappointed by the wait"
Disappointed by the wait – Called at 2:19pm, asked if my tire was in stock (it was) – asked if installation could be done that day, on my arrival – sales staff indicated yes – drove directly to VA Tire Springfield, arrived at 2:35pm….immediately signed the work order & handed keys over…. then… waited….
Work started at approximately 4:30pm, interrupted by technician’s inability to find wheel lock in glove box, (retrieved by myself and personally handed to technician) – this event did not exactly inspire confidence in the rigor of the work, especially after technician had already searched through and disrupted trunk and glovebox contents as part of the initial wheel lock hunt.
Departed at approximately 6:30pm, finally…
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 01/05/2016
Review Created: 01/08/2016 09:48 AM
Sarah K. at Virginia Tire and Auto of Springfield responded on 01/11/2016

Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.  We are working on time commitments and apologize for the delay.  We hope you will accept our sincere apologies and we look forward to providing you with timely and quality services in the future.

ANNIE S. on 01/07/2016
"Customer Service"
Proficiency
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Galant
Review Created: 01/07/2016 08:49 PM
GLENN H. on 01/07/2016
"Wonderful"
Friendly, professional staff. Will continue to take my car there.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Review Created: 01/07/2016 08:41 PM
JOSEPH L. on 01/07/2016
"Good service"
The service was good as always.
Vehicle: Suzuki SX4
Service Date: 12/28/2015
Review Created: 01/07/2016 05:03 AM
RONALD M. on 01/06/2016
"Quality Service"
Great price, customer service, excellent technicians
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 01/04/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2016 06:43 PM
MICHAEL M. on 01/06/2016
"Fast Friendly Service"
I took my vehicle in for an oil change and was please with the service. I set up an appointment a couple days prior online. The service was started on time and completed witin an hour. The attendant reviewed the findings with me afterwards. My only complaint is that the cost was higher than when I normally get my vehicle serviced at the dealer.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 01/04/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2016 11:42 AM
PAIGE D. on 01/03/2016
"They're "MY people". Very comforting to have a place to go whenever you need it!!"
Very prompt service and dependable. The cost is very reasonable, which is quite satisfying.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Am
Service Date: 01/02/2016
Review Created: 01/03/2016 08:15 PM
JAMES and TINA K. on 01/03/2016
"Surprising visit"
We took our car in for an oil change and tire rotation this past Saturday. Everything was great as usual except for the difficulty we had in trying to use a coupon which we had always clipped and used without problems in the past. We were caught offguard by this sudden change when the verbage on the coupon was still the same. We felt that our loyalty to VA Auto didn't mean anything since we'd been coming here for three+ years. That was the only downside.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 01/02/2016
Review Created: 01/03/2016 08:04 PM
Sarah K. at Virginia Tire and Auto of Springfield responded on 01/05/2016

James and Tina,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your latest experience at Virginia Tire and Auto.  You are valued as a customer and we apologize for not having exceeded your expectations.  I see that you most definitely had a valid coupon and we appreciate your business!  We want you to have a positive experience when you come in to see us and look forward to seeing you next time that you come in.

Thanks,
Virginia Tire and Auto, Springfield

ALISSANDRA G. on 01/02/2016
"Fast Service"
Fast inspection service and friendly employees.
Vehicle: Toyota ECHO
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Review Created: 01/02/2016 08:16 AM
DONALD K. on 01/01/2016
"New Battery"
Good, and quick, job installing a new battery.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Review Created: 01/01/2016 08:01 PM
LARS O. on 01/01/2016
"Great customer service"
Dan and the boys were great to work with. Hard to find a quality shop that actually cares about its customers. It seems they understand that customers want quality service for the money they spend.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Review Created: 01/01/2016 07:52 PM
DONNIE H. on 01/01/2016
"Great service with high prices"
I found the service manager to be professional, helpful and friendly. However, charges for each and every task add up to a much bigger bill than I have experienced before. Luckily, I found an on-line coupon to offset the expense.
Vehicle: Acura MDX
Service Date: 12/30/2015
Review Created: 01/01/2016 10:57 AM
Sarah K. at Virginia Tire and Auto of Springfield responded on 01/05/2016

Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.  We pride ourselves in transparency and would like to speak with you further on this matter to address any questions or concerns that you had on your latest visit.  A team member will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks,

NAKIA B. on 01/01/2016
"Customer Service"
I'm always a satisfied customer.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz GL450