Withnell Body & Paint

Carole A. on 07/21/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"They Aren't in the Business of Customer Service"
Where do I even begin. If I could give a zero I would.

June 27th I brought my vehicle in to have an estimate done for some passenger side fender damage. Paul came out and gave me my estimate, painlessly, and I told him I wanted to talk with my husband about the quote. He said I should just give him a call when ready.

June 28th, I called and told Paul I would like to go ahead with having the repairs done on my car. He said that he would get the parts ordered.

After the long holiday weekend (July 5th), I took my vehicle into my insurance company to have them give me an estimate as well. That day, they cut me a check for the remainder of their estimate, minus my deductible. I waited for a call from the body shop to take my car in to have work done.

On July 10th, I called to check on the status of having my parts arrive. I soon find out they had never been ordered. When I am told why, it is because they hadn't received the estimate from my insurance company. I tell them I was never asked to bring in an estimate from my insurance company.

When I go in to deliver the estimate, Kenny tells me that they will not perform any work without the estimate because "I've had troubles with GEICO". I remind them that it is me who hired them to perform the work, and it is my job to take care of any issues with GEICO. I even tell him that they have already cut me a check for the estimated amount, and have agreed to pay for any hidden damage that they may discover.

Not once does Kenny apologize or try to seem a bit understanding that it has been nearly two weeks since I "thought" my parts had been ordered.

He says he will order them that day, and call me in the afternoon to tell me they have been ordered. I never hear from him.

On July 12th I receive a phone call from Paul that my parts are in and they are ready to start work on my car. I asked if I could bring it on Monday July 17th and made an appointment for an 8am drop off.

Today, July 21st I go in to pick up my car. I had forgotten to bring the check from GEICO and ask if I can pay my deductible, and then return with the check on Monday. The receptionist Kathy says she doesn't think that will be a problem, and proceeds to take my payment.

Kenny appears and says that "he will make an exception," but he doesn't normally do that "since its GEICO." I smile and nod as I finish signing for my payment. Kathy gives me my paperwork and shows me the warranty. Kenny then walks right by me and says "I'm making an exception for this, otherwise I wont get paid". I walk out.

When I get to my car the outside looks great, but I remember that the light had been damaged and proceeded to check it. My husband informs me that the light has not been fixed. As if by magic, Kenny appears again and tells me they cant confirm if it was accident related and he knows he wont get paid if he does fix it. My husband asks to speak with him inside, and I sit with my daughter.

As my husband speaks with Kenny, he argues that this part wont be covered. He tells my husband the part would be $28, and my husband asks him to just let us pay for it then. He says it isn't a part they carry.

During his conversation, Kathy comes down the hallway and announces that "Miss Pissy Pants has paid..." and stops as she sees my husband sitting with Kenny.

Kenny is only looking to argue, and my husband leaves without a resolution.

We then proceed to go to the Withnell Service Center on Commercial. My husband asks about the light part to see if we can purchase it. The repairman explains that there is no part for that price that would fix our headlight. He also confirms that the accident we were in could have definitely caused the light to fail. The part is actually over $200.

In figuring who to further explain this to, we learn we must contact the HR representative Melissa. This is when we learn that Kenny is the manager of the body shop.

I will never go to them again. Ever. And if Withnell condones this type of behavior from ANY part of their businesses, I will never deal with Withnell again. We own two Dodge vehicles and have never had issues before, but this will be the end of our relationship if there is not some sort of amicable solution.
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 06:25 PM
Allan C. on 05/12/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Terrible job, NEVER COME HERE"
My neighbor backed into the driver side door of my 2014 Dodge Challenger and I thought that the best place I could take my car was to the dealer, Withnell Dodge and they sent me here. Withnell Body and Paint. The older looking guy, I forgot his name ( I believe he might be the manager), did my quote and it seem like he was experienced so I thought I was in good hands. I was about 994 dollars for everything which my neighbor paid for so that was that. When i picked it up it seemed good at first glance, but the next day there was two problems. My weather strip was not on right but that was an easy fix, no big deal. The problem was that my driver window was WAY slower than the passenger one. When I had the dealer take a look at it (Withnell Dodge) they said my window regulator was bent from the crash and was never fixed. When we spoke to Withnell body and paint about it, and the old guy basically said that he did the appraisal for the out side of the car and he didn't look on the inside, and there is nothing they are going to do about it because we paid with cash. I didn't even know how to respond to that! That's what I hated the most, that there was nothing they were going to do about it! When I bring my car to the body shop I want all of it fixed not just the outside! I had to pay 230 dollars out of my pocket for a new regulator and its still slower than the passenger! All I want is my windows to be the same! If I could give less than 1 star I would. TERRIBLE SERVICE, NO GUARANTEE OF JOB DONE RIGHT. MANAGER IS A JERK, NEVER BRING YOUR CAR HERE!!!
Service Date: 10/27/2014
Review Created: 05/12/2015 10:48 PM
Jose G. on 08/07/2013
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Customer service great, Actual repair horrible"
I thought i chose the right dealership with my car being a dodge. I have a dodge charger 2013 pitch black sedan. Appointment quotes service was friendly and nice no complaints there infact A+. My door had a small dent (passenger side) and my bumper well someone backed into it scrapping the right side of it. So I needed a paint job and a buff. I go pick up my car check out the details. Had to come back I'm 30min because there was a bubble or dust as the guy said that he didn't see so he idk painted it? After I came back finally took it home. Than I was so upset to find out the transparent circles of scratches on my car. I mean a whole bunch of them hmmm isn't that weir only scratches on the side they fixed? Idk I hate to make this a big deal. But I was an actual customer actually problem that turned my head upside down so frustrated and upset. Stay away if you need your car fixed like who isn't careful with a new car? Isn't that why we take our cars there for to get taken care of not damaged. I mean you take kids to day cares to do just that and be safe, right? I'll see what happens next. I do not no yet.
Service Date: 08/07/2013
Review Created: 08/07/2013 08:15 PM
Anne M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 08/08/2013

Jose,

By now you should have received a call from our Manager about your concerns.  Dark, especially black cars can show swirl marks when they are buffed.  I know that we will work with you to get this problem rectified. Please feel free to contact us at the dealership if you do not feel that this was accomplished.

Wilma M. on 07/02/2013
It was my first major accident and I was very unsure about keeping the value of the car. They called me whenever there was a change. They kept me in the loop and reassured me every step of the way.
Review Created: 07/02/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
Glad we could take care of you and your car!
Gloria G. on 06/26/2013
I had a great person. He took care of me very well. It was ahead of schedule.
Vehicle: Honda
Review Created: 06/26/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
Glad to hear that we got your car done ahead of schedule. It is difficult to be without your car for an extended period of time!
Charles N. on 06/13/2013
They are fast and friendly.
Review Created: 06/13/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
Hope your Toyota is running great and looks good since you were here.
Genero C. on 06/11/2013
The people were capable and nice. They treated me good.
Vehicle: Nissan
Review Created: 06/11/2013
Linda V. on 06/07/2013
I have been here before and I'm very happy.
Review Created: 06/07/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
Thanks Linda! Sorry that you had to come see us again, but we are glad that you did. We love our repeat customers.
Peter C. on 06/06/2013
They helped me get downtown. They called a taxi. They did a good job.
Vehicle: Ranger
Review Created: 06/06/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
Glad to hear that we were able to get you where you needed to be and got your Ranger back on the road!
Jose V. on 06/04/2013
They did things really well and the repair was great.
Vehicle: Ram
Review Created: 06/04/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
We have great body and paint tech's. Glad to hear that you were happy with the repair on your Ram Truck
Samantha M. on 06/04/2013
I have used them before and I like the people working there. They always try to do extra for me. I just appreciate the extra stuff like when they walked me to my car in the rain. They were polite and friendly.
Vehicle: Nissan
Review Created: 06/04/2013
Thank you Samantha!
Teresa L. on 06/03/2013
They did everything they said.
Review Created: 06/03/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
Glad that we could get your dodge back on the road. Thank you for using Withnell Boday and Paint
Donald S. on 06/03/2013
They always communicate well and respond very well. The shop did a great job and I appreciate that.
Review Created: 06/03/2013
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 07/08/2013
Thank you Donald, We appreciate your business!
Maria S. on 05/29/2013
Their workmanship was pretty good. I had no complaints about it.
Vehicle: Durango
Thanks Maria
Sharon I. on 05/29/2013
I have dealt with a few other body shops. This body shop was quick, sufficient, very helpful, patient. With me being a senior citizen all of these qualities came in handy.
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 06/03/2013
Thank you Sharon. I am happy that we met all your needs and expectations.
Justin F. on 05/29/2013
They did a nice job! The customer service was great! They explained everything. We are very happy!
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 06/03/2013
Glad we could make you happy even if you had to have your car in the body shop!
Charles D. on 05/29/2013
It was a smooth in and out experience. They got everything done on time.
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 06/03/2013
Glad we were timely and you had such a good experience Charles.
William M. on 05/28/2013
We appreciate the customer service and repairing the car.
Kenny M. at Withnell Body & Paint responded on 06/03/2013
Glad that we took such good care of you and your car
Shelley K. on 05/28/2013
Everything was done to my satisfaction.
Good to hear Shelley! Thanks for choosing Withnell Body and Paint
Gray P. on 05/28/2013
They were really good! They answered all my questions and were very prompt!
Thanks Gray!