Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5rating 4.5555556
Overall Rating 1.8888889/5rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889
Karina K. on 01/06/2017
"You charged me $1000 and didn't fix my car"
You replaced two parts in my car but it literally made the problem worse. You also tried to charge me $1400 and then as soon as you talked to a guy you immediately dropped the price by 400 dollars. I left the shop and within 24 hours my suspension was messed up again but even worse. And I repeatedly asked for you to check a leak in my car which you did not.
Vehicle: Jaguar XJ8
Service Date: 12/16/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2017 09:06 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 01/27/2017

Customer came in and her air suspension was not working. We hooked up to the computer and got 2 codes. One was a C2302 , Level sensor error plausibility. C2303 Reservior error plausibility. After running multiple diagnostic tests we informed customer that we needed to replace the rear leveling sensors and it still could need the reservoir. Quoted for both. Talked to customers father and informed him of the information. He said ok to order the level sensors and go from there. Level sensors came in from Jaguar and we replaced. Retested air suspension system and test drove. Air suspension was working exactly how it should work. Customer came to pick up her vehicle. We called her father and informed him that we replaced the sensors and retested the suspension and everything was working just as it should.Father then paid the bill. Showed the customer the parts we had replaced and went over the bill with her. Informed her that we had also discovered her oil leak and that it was coming from the sealing ring off of her oil filter. Informed her we replaced her filter and topped her oil back off free of charge except of the cost of the oil filter. Customer informed me that her boyfriend had changed her oil and that he must have damaged the sealing ring when he put on the oil filter. Informed customer that there is a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on all of our repairs and that if she had any issues to call us and we would take care of it. Weeks later we receive this sure critic low score. The owner and I have made many phone calls. We have sent out texts and e-mails and to this day we still have received no response back from her.We stand behind our work but we can not make it right if the customer will not answer our phone calls.

Harold T. on 04/20/2016
"Last service visit"
I will never go back.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 03/11/2016
Review Created: 04/20/2016 08:10 AM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 04/25/2016

We had done previous work on Harold's car and he was having problems. We did a poor job addressing his needs, didn't charge him anythng aditional but didn't fix his problem. I contacted him, apoligized and asked if there was anything we could do to address his problem or make up for the disappointmnet and he declined.

Kennisha N. on 12/12/2015
Kennisha said she is very upset with the experience. She told the mechanic that she needed her vehicle looked at because it was running hot. She knew she had an oil leak so he looked at it and told her she had 3 oil leaks and it would cost $230 to fix her vehicle. She came with the money and drove off with her kids after. The vehicle stopped on the freeway. They said they fixed it again. He told her it was because she didn't have any coolant, which he did not tell her in the beginning. She just wants her money back because that was her rent money. If he gives her the money back and just be honest about the fact that he did not fix the vehicle in the first place she will recommend them and continue to do business with them.
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 12/07/2015
Review Created: 12/12/2015
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 01/08/2016

Ms N. called us and said she was stopped and had a large oil leak under her car. SHe said she would have it towed over and wanted the leak checked. She made no mention of coolant leaks or overheating. After the car got here we check for the oil leaks and repaired 2 of them, she said that was all she wanted done. SHe came and picked up the car. After driving it for a while she called and said the vehicle had overheated and stopped. We sent 2 techs to check her car and found it was very low on water and had overheated. We paid to have her car towed back to our shop. at that point she informed us that she had been told by another mechanic she had a blown head gasket and was adding water to her car on a regular basis. The only problem we had been told about was the bad oil leak which we adressed, we test drove the vehicle to confirm the oil leaks we fixed were ok but not long enough to check for overheating because we had no knowledge of that type complaint. I spoke with Ms N. and explained that without knowing of such a problem we would not have done the particullar checks necessary for confirming all her cars problems. I told her would check her car and report back. I confirmed the head gasket problem and told her an estimate to repiar the problem. I explained it is imperative that you give all info about your car problems for it to be diagnosed properly. I also refunded her money for the oil leak repairs and explained repairing her car was probably not the best action because it had a lot of miles and serious motor problems. I advised her to look for a used car and told her we would be happy to check it out for her at no charge to help her. She thanked me at that point and left. I had not heard back from her till this complaint was recieved. The only charge she had was for diagnosing her problem, I refunded the rest of her charges and paid to have her car towed back to my shop. All this would never have happened had she told us initially that she was adding water and had been told she had a blown head gasket.

Bonnie S. on 07/09/2015
"Im sure there are other people pleased with their services"
I saw the sign out front that read "free check engine light check", so I stopped. I received a friendly greeting, after explaining I would like a light checked on my car, I was told it was no problem! They could help me and it wouldn't take long. Then I was told what the issue was and the charges for repair and labor. Which included a $115 fee for the diagnostic! $115 is a little steep for a diagnostic fee and assued a charge of that much would have been explained to BEFORE they did it. Needless to say, with no other choice, I paid the diagnostic fee and left. I can understand a fee for these services and don't mind paying for them, but an amount so large, should be discussed with your customer prior. Maybe this is standard for auto repair, I don't know.
Vehicle: BMW 328i
Service Date: 06/15/2015
Review Created: 07/09/2015 10:03 AM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 07/10/2015

We are sorry for any confusion , we always explain charges before the check. We did an intitial check and the brakes looked fine, at that time we explained further checks which include charges would need to be done to determine the exact problem. We will install the neded sensors with no labor charges to make up for the miscommunication. We always try to make sure everyone understands everything before charges are incured. There was no mention of misinformation or disappointment at the time the work was done or pick up, had there been we would have cleared this up for you at that time. Please let us make up for your disappointmnet.

John B. on 07/01/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Oil Change BMW "
Brought my BMW in for a second oil change. This time around it was almost 100% more than the first one. They over filled the engine by one quart. According to BMW, it's not good. They did not fill or check any other fluids. My service mileage reminder was not reset. For the excess price increase, I was expecting something more thorough than last time.
Service Date: 07/01/2014
Review Created: 07/01/2014 05:54 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 07/02/2014

I am sorry for disappointing you and not properly resetting the service light. The first invoice was $137.78 and we charged for 6 quarts of oil. The amount your car holds is 6.9 quarts. The second visit charged $175.37 , on that invoice you were charged for 7 quarts of oil and an oil additive which I assume you authorized, if you did not authorize that additive it was our mistake an I will happily reemburse you. Synthetic oil is about 10.00 a quart and the additive is about 18.00 the rest would be tax. I know BMW's have issues with sludging up so the additive would have been recomended to help clean the motor. I apologize again for errors on our part and would be happy to make up for any disappointment you have. I called you and left a message for you to call me . please do . Craig

Debra F. ReScore Review on 01/30/2014
"customer satisfaction"
They make sure the customer understands not only the car's problems, but how the repairs can help. Understanding people who want the customers to be satisfied.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 01/17/2014
Review Created: 01/27/2014 11:17 AM

"nice folks! "
Very disappointed... Some wk.done,(not on area of concern), lots-o-$, & car has same issues.. I won't go back!!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 01/17/2014
Review Created: 01/27/2014 11:17 AM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 01/28/2014

We had recomended replacing spark plugs in adition to work completed. Debra at the time could not due those repairs and was going to bring it back for the rest of the repair. She got a little confused about remembering she had other things to do to fix her problem, She is going to bring it back for me to recheck and explain about completing the repair.

Mark M. ReScore Review on 08/18/2013
"excellent follow up"
Craig contacted me right after my first review, eager to resolve my issue Craig invited me back to his shop to address my problem, a new spring was installed on my gas door and all is good...thx Craig
Vehicle: BMW M3
Service Date: 08/02/2013
Review Created: 08/02/2013 08:17 PM

"Not really happy"
Craig, please call me, disappointed
Vehicle: BMW M3
Service Date: 08/02/2013
Review Created: 08/02/2013 08:17 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 08/14/2013

I contacted Mark about his vehicle and found he had a problem with his gas cap door not closing. He came back in with the car and we looked at it together. There was nothing damaged but the door didn't pull shut like it should. There is a small wire spring that puts pressure to hold the door closed, it was hanging up. I order a new spring for Mark ,installed it and everything is OK.

Mark M. ReScore Review on 09/04/2012
"Thank you. "
Craig called and was very cordial and helpful. He was anxious to see that the problem with the car was solved. The leak was missed and I was upset by that. I understand now that it was probably imperceptible. I would go back to them and appreciate their making it right.
Vehicle: Volvo XC90
Service Date: 08/10/2012
Review Created: 08/23/2012

Mark said they are super nice but they blew it on this service visit. He took the vehicle in for an oil change and asked them to check the hoses and coolant. They told him everything was fine, but the coolant was low. He drove to Dallas and got a second opinion. The person who provided the second opinion said there was a hole in the coolant tank and if he had driven much further, he would not have a vehicle to operate. He had to spend several hundred dollars to have the issue properly addressed. He will not recommend this business for the reason previously mentioned.
Vehicle: Volvo XC90
Service Date: 08/10/2012
Review Created: 08/23/2012
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 08/27/2012
I talked with Mark and reviewed the work. Although we missed the leak, I explained that sometimes smaller leaks don't show up right away. Thank fully he was able to drive back to Dallas without any issues on the road. I have made amends and hopefully all is well and he would like to change his review.
Hans H. on 02/22/2012
"Not satisfied"
You put new valve seals on, since than the car is running bad, it sounds as it want to shut off, the engine is running rough. Futhermore you tech told me i need most urgent the brakes done they are very bad, I should not drive to much anymore with these brakes. I went back to Ed Hicks to complain by them why they did not inform me about it , since the car was serviced just a week earlier from ED Hicks they pulled the recordd and gave me a copy which showed the brakes where still good. I had a appointment schedule at your business, but I cancelled it and showed your man in the office the report from Ed Hicks. I did not get an answer.
It looks to me your comapany wanted to do something which was not needed.
The rough running of the engine should be fixed from you without any cahrge.
Hans Huck
361-563-5651
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C240
Service Date: 02/20/2012
Review Created: 02/22/2012 01:37 PM
Heather W. on 02/20/2012
Heather said she was very disappointed with her service visit when she came in to have her tires rotated. She found out while on the road that the lug nets were loose on all of her tires. She called this business and they did not do anything about it. She had someone else tighten the lug nets for her. She would not recommend this business for the above reason.
Service Date: 02/15/2012
Review Created: 02/20/2012
Jerry H. on 01/23/2012
Jerry said this business didn't fix the starter in his vehicle, even though they said they did. It was close to closing and this business told him that he could bring the vehicle in again some other day, but he didn't want to. This business charged him $400 and they didn't fix the clicking in his starter. He said this business should think about getting a mechanic who knows what they are doing.
Service Date: 12/28/2011
Review Created: 01/23/2012
Tim W. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 02/08/2012
Contacted customer and picking up car for customer to recheck work and warrenty starter.