Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5rating 4.5555556
Overall Rating 1.8888889/5rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889
Jesse B. ReScore Review on 05/17/2016
"Updated review"
Thanks to Craig and crew for refunding half of my cost for an estimate on my vehicle, which he didn't have to do. I think the confusion started when I said I might just get rid of my car when the total cost of repairs were discussed. I appreciate the fact that he offered a refund when none was expected, so all is good.
Vehicle: Lincoln MKX
Service Date: 05/05/2016
Review Created: 05/10/2016 07:47 PM

"Overcharge for estimate"
I took my car to get an estimate on a humming sound from the rear axle, they charged 125 bucks to tell me it was probably the rear bearings, could cost up to 5 grand...no itemized parts needed list, no breakdown list for actually cost of repairs...had it done somewhere else for 400 dollars, 200 which were for parts needed...
Vehicle: Lincoln MKX
Service Date: 05/05/2016
Review Created: 05/10/2016 07:47 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/13/2016

Jesse's daughter dropped off the car and said their was noise while driving, after checking the car we could not duplicate the problem. When we called Jesse he clarified exactly what the type of noise was. The tech redrove the car, finding noise in rear bearings and differential. He then put the car on a rack and had another tech run the car while he confirmed the noises. The worst noise was from the left wheel bearing (other bearing was starting to make noise) there was also noise coming from the differential. The tech actually made estimates for replacing all the components, if repairs on all were done it would have cost thousands of dollars. When Jesse came to pick up the car and we started explaining the areas with problems we understood him to say he wasn't going to fix anything just get rid of the car we did not give him copies of the estimates. That was where the confusion started. We actually had the estimates and just assumed he didn't want them. Our mistake, in fact to fix the one worst bearing our estimate was $345.39. I contacted Jesse and apologized for not giving him the estimate and any confusion that might have happened and went thru the details assuring him there was never any intent except to provide exact information.

Josh M. ReScore Review on 05/27/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Josh said the business did a complete follow-up check up to resolve any initial dissatisfaction.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 05/05/2014
Review Created: 05/12/2014

Josh said this business is overpriced. They tried charging him $200 for something he ended up repairing himself in just 20 minutes. He would not recommend this business because they are overpriced.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 05/05/2014
Review Created: 05/12/2014
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/21/2014

Josh had us check out his starter problem, we traced it to his starter and gave him an estimate. We charged 49.00 to check the problem. When we gave him an estimate to replace the starter and he said he had a friend that could help him and took his car. We thanked him for letting us help.

Debra F. ReScore Review on 01/30/2014
"customer satisfaction"
They make sure the customer understands not only the car's problems, but how the repairs can help. Understanding people who want the customers to be satisfied.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 01/17/2014
Review Created: 01/27/2014 11:17 AM

"nice folks! "
Very disappointed... Some wk.done,(not on area of concern), lots-o-$, & car has same issues.. I won't go back!!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 01/17/2014
Review Created: 01/27/2014 11:17 AM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 01/28/2014

We had recomended replacing spark plugs in adition to work completed. Debra at the time could not due those repairs and was going to bring it back for the rest of the repair. She got a little confused about remembering she had other things to do to fix her problem, She is going to bring it back for me to recheck and explain about completing the repair.

Martha D. ReScore Review on 11/25/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Martha said the staff was able to find the unspecified problem with her vehicle and resolve it to her satisfaction.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 11/08/2013
Review Created: 11/13/2013

Martha said the facility has not found the problem with her vehicle yet although they have tried. When she first brought the vehicle in they did not work on the main issue she brought it in for but focused on other issues instead. She had barely gotten out of the parking lot when warning bells went off and she had to turn right around and go back.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 11/08/2013
Review Created: 11/13/2013
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 11/20/2013

We have replaced all the components of the oil pressure system and the warning no longer comes on, we did this to make up for her disappointment in no getting her car right the first time and not understanding the problem most important to her/ not listening properly-we apologize.

Mark M. ReScore Review on 08/18/2013
"excellent follow up"
Craig contacted me right after my first review, eager to resolve my issue Craig invited me back to his shop to address my problem, a new spring was installed on my gas door and all is good...thx Craig
Vehicle: BMW M3
Service Date: 08/02/2013
Review Created: 08/02/2013 08:17 PM

"Not really happy"
Craig, please call me, disappointed
Vehicle: BMW M3
Service Date: 08/02/2013
Review Created: 08/02/2013 08:17 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 08/14/2013

I contacted Mark about his vehicle and found he had a problem with his gas cap door not closing. He came back in with the car and we looked at it together. There was nothing damaged but the door didn't pull shut like it should. There is a small wire spring that puts pressure to hold the door closed, it was hanging up. I order a new spring for Mark ,installed it and everything is OK.

Steven B. ReScore Review on 05/15/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Steven said they gave him a deal on vehicle mats to make up for the previous visit.
Vehicle: GMC Savana Special
Service Date: 04/23/2013
Review Created: 05/07/2013

Steven said they changed the price for a part and it cost more than what they quoted.
Vehicle: GMC Savana Special
Service Date: 04/23/2013
Review Created: 05/07/2013
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/10/2013
We provided the dealer with the vin id for the car and had them order the seat belt, when we got the part it was the incorrect one, we got the right one which was different in cost,we explained everything to the customer and we thought he understood what happened. The dealer made the mistake , I guess we should have taken responsibility for their mess up.
Carmen B. ReScore Review on 03/01/2013
"Happy again"
Craig was eager to correct any problems and misunderstandings, they are very nice people and resolved my problems, I still think they are a little too expensive but would take my car back if I had another problem, it is hard to find a good mechanic in CC to take care of my Jaguar.
Service Date: 01/31/2013
Review Created: 02/05/2013 10:41 AM

"Disappointed"
I took my car in because the water reservoir need to be replaced(I provided), also showed fail save mode. They replaced washer and grommets, washer reservoir is now leaking out the water and the windshield washer points streight out and keeps the hood emblem clean! They do a good job over all, maybe because I am not a regular customer the attention to detail was not there.
Service Date: 01/31/2013
Review Created: 02/05/2013 10:41 AM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 02/06/2013
I contacted Carmen and asked her to come back right away to correct the problems and her disappointment. I need to explain in more detail the tpe of problem she is having, I explained the problem was not resolved and needed more work but apparently didn't do a good enough job.
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 03/01/2013
Carmen came back in and we found that her washer resevoir, the part she supplied had a crack in the seam and was leaking, we fixed it and replaced a bad connector for the washer nozzle.
Mark M. ReScore Review on 09/04/2012
"Thank you. "
Craig called and was very cordial and helpful. He was anxious to see that the problem with the car was solved. The leak was missed and I was upset by that. I understand now that it was probably imperceptible. I would go back to them and appreciate their making it right.
Vehicle: Volvo XC90
Service Date: 08/10/2012
Review Created: 08/23/2012

Mark said they are super nice but they blew it on this service visit. He took the vehicle in for an oil change and asked them to check the hoses and coolant. They told him everything was fine, but the coolant was low. He drove to Dallas and got a second opinion. The person who provided the second opinion said there was a hole in the coolant tank and if he had driven much further, he would not have a vehicle to operate. He had to spend several hundred dollars to have the issue properly addressed. He will not recommend this business for the reason previously mentioned.
Vehicle: Volvo XC90
Service Date: 08/10/2012
Review Created: 08/23/2012
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 08/27/2012
I talked with Mark and reviewed the work. Although we missed the leak, I explained that sometimes smaller leaks don't show up right away. Thank fully he was able to drive back to Dallas without any issues on the road. I have made amends and hopefully all is well and he would like to change his review.
Rita P. ReScore Review on 06/04/2012
"correction to rating"
I have always had great service in my dealings with Corpus Auto Service. My last report was submitted in error. CAS stands behind their work 100%.
Service Date: 05/03/2012
Review Created: 05/28/2012 03:29 PM

"Key remote still not working"
My car was in your shop all day on May 3rd to fix my key remote. It worked for 1 week, then went out again. Am I going to have to go to the dealer?
Service Date: 05/03/2012
Review Created: 05/28/2012 03:29 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/30/2012
Customer wishes to change review score.
Janella B. on 05/21/2017
"Friendly honest people who really care"
I appreciate the honesty and great service
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 07:28 AM
Peter K. on 05/21/2017
"the people are professional . Buddy Godfretsen is great to work with, tells me in advance what is the problem and the estimaded cost. they make you feel welcome . the whole crew is good. i have recomended this place to anyone i can."
Buddy and his whole crew are really good.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 05:01 AM
Kathleen B. on 05/16/2017
"oil change and tire rotation"
Buddy was very friendly and helpful and job was done quickly.
Vehicle: Volvo
Service Date: 05/05/2017
Review Created: 05/16/2017 02:29 PM
Leo S. on 05/13/2017
"Truck services "
Awesome crew, felt very comfortable in the waiting office with Buddy
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Service Date: 05/09/2017
Review Created: 05/13/2017 04:23 AM
Isreal D. on 05/13/2017
Isreal said they were pretty fast. They didn't seem to mind doing what he asked.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 05/12/2017
Review Created: 05/13/2017
Bria B. on 05/11/2017
"Great customer serivce"
They really care about people and not scamming them like every other auto service place.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 05/09/2017
Review Created: 05/11/2017 03:04 PM
Annabel S. on 05/05/2017
"Outstanding Service"
Buddy was very helpful getting my vehicle in the shop and keeping me up to date on the issues it had. I am very pleased with the service and the knowledgeable mechanic who took time to discuss the issues with us. Will definitely recommend to others!
Vehicle: Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
Service Date: 05/04/2017
Review Created: 05/05/2017 06:20 AM
Melinda A. on 04/29/2017
"Friendly Staff & Great Service"
They always fix my car and are priced fairly.
Vehicle: BMW 325i
Service Date: 03/07/2017
Review Created: 04/29/2017 09:47 AM
David A. on 04/29/2017
"Great service "
Friendly and great service ! Will be back if ever have problems with anything on my vehicle !
Service Date: 04/28/2017
Review Created: 04/29/2017 07:34 AM
Linda D. on 04/27/2017
"Excellent Service"
These guys have always done excellent and RELIABLE service on my MiniCooper. VERY nice since I don't have to travel to out of town for it. Especially with the 100K+ miles on it. Highly recommend this Company..
Vehicle: MINI Cooper
Service Date: 04/26/2017
Review Created: 04/27/2017 09:58 AM
James Eric W. on 04/27/2017
"honest, friendly service. Affordable prices."
Took care of my problem in 15 minutes. In and out in no time and fixed my Jaguar. Will definitely return.
Service Date: 04/26/2017