ReScore Reviews™ (9)
Evylynn came back to the shop several days after we had done work on her vehicle. She said the brake light would come on when she stopped. I tried the car but the light did not come on, We checked the fluid level which showed to be at the full mark and added a very small amount of fluid and then I test drove the car , again I did not see the light. She took her car and I check with her several days later and the light had not come back on and everything was OK.
Jesse's daughter dropped off the car and said their was noise while driving, after checking the car we could not duplicate the problem. When we called Jesse he clarified exactly what the type of noise was. The tech redrove the car, finding noise in rear bearings and differential. He then put the car on a rack and had another tech run the car while he confirmed the noises. The worst noise was from the left wheel bearing (other bearing was starting to make noise) there was also noise coming from the differential. The tech actually made estimates for replacing all the components, if repairs on all were done it would have cost thousands of dollars. When Jesse came to pick up the car and we started explaining the areas with problems we understood him to say he wasn't going to fix anything just get rid of the car we did not give him copies of the estimates. That was where the confusion started. We actually had the estimates and just assumed he didn't want them. Our mistake, in fact to fix the one worst bearing our estimate was $345.39. I contacted Jesse and apologized for not giving him the estimate and any confusion that might have happened and went thru the details assuring him there was never any intent except to provide exact information.
There must have been some communication problem, becuase we have no information on the hard start problem on our worksheet. When the car was picked up Buddy saw that there was a slow crank problem and he spoke with them at that time. We had done alot of work on the car and discussed the start issue. If it acted up again she would bring it back for specific check on start problem. I talked with James about bringing the car back in to check for the start issue. We will be happy to check the vehicle with no charge to make up for the disappointment.
Ms Dixon had her car towed to use because her rear suspension was colapsed, it is an air suspension and we traced the problem to bad air shocks. We replaced the shocks and everything appeared to be working fine. SHe called and siad she was having problems with the rear suspension again, we sent a tow truck to retrieve her car. When it got here the tow truck driver siad the suspension came up right away when the car was started. We kept the car here for 4 days and the suspension never went down. We returned her car to her and said if it acts up call us. It did again so we went to her house and picked up her car and left her a car to use. We traced the problem to one of the new shocks we had replaced and put another one on. We kept the car here for 4 days and it never showed any problems so we took her car back to her house and picked up our loaner. We told her if there were any problems just call us.
John came by and said he son had to stop and add water to the car on a trip. He had a picture of the coolant reservoir which had coolant on it. When we check for leaks we could detect a coolant leak, we did a CO test to see if there was combustion gas in the coolant which checked negative also. We did have to remove the reservoir to do other work which may have cuased the leak. It is common for these reservoirs to have intermitant leaks becuase of engine temp changes. I visited at length with John and assured him we would take care of any problems and he was satisfied we will correct his problem.
We have replaced all the components of the oil pressure system and the warning no longer comes on, we did this to make up for her disappointment in no getting her car right the first time and not understanding the problem most important to her/ not listening properly-we apologize.
We worked on Mr Serrano's Land ROver and found leaking valve cover gaskets which were causing an ignition misfire and numerous other codes. We replaced the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs whick made the vehicle run better. The vehicle returned with a transmission code and possible ignition switch problem. I explained we don't do trans work and the dealer would also have to work with him in the switch. The original work was ok. But he did haveaditional problems which we refered to the dealer.
The BMW we worked on also had severe oil leaks at the valve cover gaskers, we replaced them and plugs. We also explained that there was an aditional oil leak coming from the front cover which couldn't be detected until after the other leaks were repaired. At the time Mr Serrano asked us to check for a coolant leak, he had a water pump replaced previous to his visit here. We checked and drove the vehicle and rechecked but did not see a leak. A couple of days later he called and said coolant was leaking from his car. I had the vehicle towed in and checked for the leak, I reported it was leaking under the intake and was probably a broken seal. We did not cause this problem. I spoke numerous times with him about the problem. He was trying to fix this with his prior water pump repair. As of our last conversation he hadn't decided what to do. I told him he could leave his vehicle here until he made a decisin on what he wanted to do.