Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5rating 4.5555556
Overall Rating 1.8888889/5rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889
Dimitrys S. on 12/19/2016
Dimitrys said his overall experience with this business was average. However, they provided good service.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Service Date: 12/12/2016
Review Created: 12/19/2016
Evylynn P. on 05/25/2016
Evylynn said she had to take her vehicle back to this business for more work. The experience was not perfect. She would still recommend this business to others.
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Service Date: 05/06/2016
Review Created: 05/25/2016
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/31/2016

Evylynn came back to the shop several days after we had done work on her vehicle. She said the brake light would come on when she stopped. I tried the car but the light did not come on, We checked the fluid level which showed to be at the full mark and added a very small amount of fluid and then I test drove the car , again I did not see the light. She took her car and I check with her several days later and the light had not come back on and everything was OK.

Jesse B. ReScore Review on 05/17/2016
"Updated review"
Thanks to Craig and crew for refunding half of my cost for an estimate on my vehicle, which he didn't have to do. I think the confusion started when I said I might just get rid of my car when the total cost of repairs were discussed. I appreciate the fact that he offered a refund when none was expected, so all is good.
Vehicle: Lincoln MKX
Service Date: 05/05/2016
Review Created: 05/10/2016 07:47 PM

"Overcharge for estimate"
I took my car to get an estimate on a humming sound from the rear axle, they charged 125 bucks to tell me it was probably the rear bearings, could cost up to 5 grand...no itemized parts needed list, no breakdown list for actually cost of repairs...had it done somewhere else for 400 dollars, 200 which were for parts needed...
Vehicle: Lincoln MKX
Service Date: 05/05/2016
Review Created: 05/10/2016 07:47 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/13/2016

Jesse's daughter dropped off the car and said their was noise while driving, after checking the car we could not duplicate the problem. When we called Jesse he clarified exactly what the type of noise was. The tech redrove the car, finding noise in rear bearings and differential. He then put the car on a rack and had another tech run the car while he confirmed the noises. The worst noise was from the left wheel bearing (other bearing was starting to make noise) there was also noise coming from the differential. The tech actually made estimates for replacing all the components, if repairs on all were done it would have cost thousands of dollars. When Jesse came to pick up the car and we started explaining the areas with problems we understood him to say he wasn't going to fix anything just get rid of the car we did not give him copies of the estimates. That was where the confusion started. We actually had the estimates and just assumed he didn't want them. Our mistake, in fact to fix the one worst bearing our estimate was $345.39. I contacted Jesse and apologized for not giving him the estimate and any confusion that might have happened and went thru the details assuring him there was never any intent except to provide exact information.

Sadan B. on 12/11/2014
Spoke with James. He said when he took the vehicle in, he explained what problems it was having. The vehicle would not start after having just been shut off. It has to cool down completely before it can be restarted. There was a coolant leak into the oil. The facility went right to the coolant in the oil issue and did not address the other issue at all.
Vehicle: Cadillac DeVille
Service Date: 11/12/2014
Review Created: 12/11/2014
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 12/29/2014

There must have been some communication problem, becuase we have no information on the hard start problem on our worksheet. When the car was picked up Buddy saw that there was a slow crank problem and he spoke with them at that time. We had done alot of work on the car and discussed the start issue. If it acted up again she would bring it back for specific check on start problem. I talked with James about bringing the car back in to check for the start issue. We will be happy to check the vehicle with no charge to make up for the disappointment.
Sincerely
Craig

Dixon H. on 11/22/2014
Hazel said she has been into this business 3 times for the same problem and they still have not fixed it. Her tire on her vehicle keeps going low. She has to start her vehicle up everyday to keep air in it. Due to this experience she will not recommend them to anybody.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz S430
Service Date: 10/21/2014
Review Created: 11/22/2014
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 12/08/2014

Ms Dixon had her car towed to use because her rear suspension was colapsed, it is an air suspension and we traced the problem to bad air shocks. We replaced the shocks and everything appeared to be working fine. SHe called and siad she was having problems with the rear suspension again, we sent a tow truck to retrieve her car. When it got here the tow truck driver siad the suspension came up right away when the car was started. We kept the car here for 4 days and the suspension never went down. We returned her car to her and said if it acts up call us. It did again so we went to her house and picked up her car and left her a car to use. We traced the problem to one of the new shocks we had replaced and put another one on. We kept the car here for 4 days and it never showed any problems so we took her car back to her house and picked up our loaner. We told her if there were any problems just call us.

John B. on 03/26/2014
John said he is very disappointed and upset. He took his sons vehicle in because of a belt that had broken. However, he told them to check for a water leak or a power steering leak, meaning any leak. He was charged for the CO2 test, which was supposed to detect any leak. After he paid for the service and was told everything was fine, there were no leaks, his son drove away and ended up breaking down due to a coolant leak. He has digital pictures that he is about to bring in and show the manager because that should not have happened. He has had to drive 360 miles round trip to try and get this matter taken care of. Due to this experience, he will not recommend this facility.
Vehicle: BMW M3
Service Date: 03/19/2014
Review Created: 03/26/2014
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 04/02/2014

John came by and said he son had to stop and add water to the car on a trip. He had a picture of the coolant reservoir which had coolant on it. When we check for leaks we could detect a coolant leak, we did a CO test to see if there was combustion gas in the coolant which checked negative also. We did have to remove the reservoir to do other work which may have cuased the leak. It is common for these reservoirs to have intermitant leaks becuase of engine temp changes. I visited at length with John and assured him we would take care of any problems and he was satisfied we will correct his problem.

Martha D. ReScore Review on 11/25/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Martha said the staff was able to find the unspecified problem with her vehicle and resolve it to her satisfaction.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 11/08/2013
Review Created: 11/13/2013

Martha said the facility has not found the problem with her vehicle yet although they have tried. When she first brought the vehicle in they did not work on the main issue she brought it in for but focused on other issues instead. She had barely gotten out of the parking lot when warning bells went off and she had to turn right around and go back.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 11/08/2013
Review Created: 11/13/2013
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 11/20/2013

We have replaced all the components of the oil pressure system and the warning no longer comes on, we did this to make up for her disappointment in no getting her car right the first time and not understanding the problem most important to her/ not listening properly-we apologize.

Mario S. on 10/19/2013
Spoke with Sandra. She said she was very dissatisfied with the service. The visit was quite expensive and since she received her vehicle, it has had even more problems. She took the vehicle back to the business to address the issues and they told her there was nothing more they could do. She spent over $1000 and now a few of her buttons are broken. They currently have another one of her vehicles at this business because when she picked up the other vehicle, all of the water leaked out. They were kind enough to pick up the vehicle from her house with a tow truck but they have had the vehicle for the last 2 weeks. She would not recommend this business due to this recent experience.
Vehicle: Land Rover Discovery
Service Date: 10/14/2013
Review Created: 10/19/2013
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 11/20/2013

We worked on Mr Serrano's Land ROver and found leaking valve cover gaskets which were causing an ignition misfire and numerous other codes. We replaced the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs whick made the vehicle run better. The vehicle returned with a transmission code and possible ignition switch problem. I explained we don't do trans work and the dealer would also have to work with him in the switch. The original work was ok. But he did haveaditional problems which we refered to the dealer.
The BMW we worked on also had severe oil leaks at the valve cover gaskers, we replaced them and plugs. We also explained that there was an aditional oil leak coming from the front cover which couldn't be detected until after the other leaks were repaired. At the time Mr Serrano asked us to check for a coolant leak, he had a water pump replaced previous to his visit here. We checked and drove the vehicle and rechecked but did not see a leak. A couple of days later he called and said coolant was leaking from his car. I had the vehicle towed in and checked for the leak, I reported it was leaking under the intake and was probably a broken seal. We did not cause this problem. I spoke numerous times with him about the problem. He was trying to fix this with his prior water pump repair. As of our last conversation he hadn't decided what to do. I told him he could leave his vehicle here until he made a decisin on what he wanted to do.

Carmen B. ReScore Review on 03/01/2013
"Happy again"
Craig was eager to correct any problems and misunderstandings, they are very nice people and resolved my problems, I still think they are a little too expensive but would take my car back if I had another problem, it is hard to find a good mechanic in CC to take care of my Jaguar.
Vehicle: Jaguar XJ8
Service Date: 01/31/2013
Review Created: 02/05/2013 10:41 AM

"Disappointed"
I took my car in because the water reservoir need to be replaced(I provided), also showed fail save mode. They replaced washer and grommets, washer reservoir is now leaking out the water and the windshield washer points streight out and keeps the hood emblem clean! They do a good job over all, maybe because I am not a regular customer the attention to detail was not there.
Vehicle: Jaguar XJ8
Service Date: 01/31/2013
Review Created: 02/05/2013 10:41 AM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 02/06/2013
I contacted Carmen and asked her to come back right away to correct the problems and her disappointment. I need to explain in more detail the tpe of problem she is having, I explained the problem was not resolved and needed more work but apparently didn't do a good enough job.
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 03/01/2013
Carmen came back in and we found that her washer resevoir, the part she supplied had a crack in the seam and was leaking, we fixed it and replaced a bad connector for the washer nozzle.
Rita P. ReScore Review on 06/04/2012
"correction to rating"
I have always had great service in my dealings with Corpus Auto Service. My last report was submitted in error. CAS stands behind their work 100%.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 05/03/2012
Review Created: 05/28/2012 03:29 PM

"Key remote still not working"
My car was in your shop all day on May 3rd to fix my key remote. It worked for 1 week, then went out again. Am I going to have to go to the dealer?
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 05/03/2012
Review Created: 05/28/2012 03:29 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/30/2012
Customer wishes to change review score.