Pukalani, HI
03/26/2020
Sad
From day one, First as we waited for the car chosen by us it took a long time to have the car detailed for delivery, Then it could not be cleaned by the person who did this work. He left for the day. So they just washed the vehicle for my wife and i to take delivery, I got into finance to go over the contract with your adviser in which time it never came up about a return fee ( three years later ) I did i do my best to take good care of this vehicle all three years, at the return of said vehicle, not only did spend $350.00 to complete detail this equipment ( it look better then when we took delivery of it ) Second. I paid for one more year of registration of this vehicle. Your company never even took that in consideration to closing, sad, Also the person in finance that i did talk with just brush me off on the fact that there is a closing cost from the Corporation on the contract. It never came up or disclosed at the beginning of this sale.... We where thinking of another Acura. After this treatment I will never do any business with Acura and no t recommend to my friends. Do want more lost of friend,s If i spelled any thing wrong, that,s because i am still very upset. signed Never again
Danira G. from Acura of Maui responded on 03/30/2020

I would like to appologize for any confusion about the lease end fee.  The dealership does not decide these fees they come from the lending institution.  I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further if you like.  Unfortunately when you send DMV your renewal payment for registration,  we have no way of getting a refund for you.  Please let me know if I can help answer any other concerns. I can be reached at (808) 871-1234.

Danira Garay
General Manager

Haiku, HI
03/10/2020
Very slow service
Made an appointment and was told if I dropped my car off at 11 it would be done by 12:30.

Dropped my car off at 10:30 and got a free shuttle ride nearby. At 1:15 I hadn't heard from them so walked a mile back. When I got back at 11:45 it was almost ready. Never had a call that it would be late or an apology. Would at least have liked an update saying it would be late vs it taking twice as long with no options

JOHN M.
Wailuku, HI
01/07/2020
Not the experience that I would have expected at an Acura dealership
My visit to this dealership was not pleasant and enjoyable. It was quite the opposite. I couldn't wait to leave. If it wasn't for my daughter that wanted a new car I would have taken my business elsewhere. Upon arrival we were greeted by Matthew at the lot outside. I found him a bit condescending ( kept telling us that we "don't seem to know what we want") and he gave me the impression that he wanted to make a sale and not have his time wasted, even though we never asked for him help and merely were just looking around. Most cars in the lot were dirty covered in wet dirt and not presentable (due to recent showers/wind) which I guess is understandable but this guy had the nerve to offer us $13 an hour to wash and detail them if we wanted. I found that pretty offensive, I did not come to his business looking for work!
Overall I did not like his demeanor so in order to avoid him I went inside the showroom to look at other cars, I came across cleaner ones and was approached by John the GM. I did not like his approach either as in negotiating a discount off the sticker price. He was also condescending asking me silly questions whether if I knew their profit margins and what not ( like I know that) , and cared more about making a buck than establishing a future loyal customer. I mistakenly failed to properly get a great deal off the MSRP because I did not look at the price correctly, but that's my fault. Financing was rushed and credit was run at a figure that was not explained to me clearly beforehand, I would have then paid the difference in cash. During paper signing, with Mathew returning to handle it, I saw charges that were tagged on the contract (Anti Theft something?) which we were told that it 'automatically" goes on every car in the store for $299. After arguing back in forth with this guy, it was taken off the bill. I also feel that the $395 dealership documentation fee is ridiculous high. Fortunately I have the financial means to pay for this SUV and rather quickly but my business and that of other colleagues and friends will go elsewhere. Thank you.