4.5

Overall Rating 4.4818618/5Overall Rating 4.4818618/5Overall Rating 4.4818618/5Overall Rating 4.4818618/5rating 4.4818618
Overall Rating 2.1606251/5Overall Rating 2.1606251/5rating 2.1606251rating 2.1606251rating 2.1606251

MN
Mary N.
West Babylon, NY
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/29/2019 Category: Service
Service was not the usual
I was a little perplexed that a 2019 vehicle would need a new alternator in less than a year. While the service/repair was done in good faith, I think that the service dept dropped the ball a little. It took several more days to figure out why, after service the car was still not 100%. Hopefully it has been rectified, and there will be no more issues in the near future.
TIMOTHY T. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 11/29/2019

Mr, Norris thank you for taking the time to speak with me today, glad we were able to review the issues and resolve them we will follow up with a rescore thank you for your patients.

Kerri S.
Farmingdale, NY
11/18/2019 Category: Service
Hopefully 3rd times a charm
This is the 3rd time in a week I had to bring my car in for servicing as my check engine light came on and my inspection was due. It's a 2017 lease and at first serving tried to fix the issue which cost me 250$ plus the inspection. I drove home and low and behold the light went back on the next day..so how did my inspection pass?? I called hyundai and the service employee then told me "he was afraid this may happen and just in case" he ordered a replacement part. Which mind you- would have been covered under my warranty. (Crooks) then I drop my car off now for a 2nd time... 25 minutes from my home. The next evening I go to pick it up....and what do ya know-the check engine light went back on. This is bow the 3rd time. I called multiple people, sent many emails and never heard back from anyone willing to help me. I finally called again irate and the service manager came on the line, and said casually "can u bring the car in now?" As if it wasnt a big deal I'd been there 2x prior in the week... I was fuming at that point. He tried to get me to drop the car off the next day which I refused. Why should I have to bring my car in for the 3rd time for their incompetence?? They sent someone to pick my car up at my job and after arguing gave me a longer. I confirmed on the phone no credit card would be needed. 10 minutes letter I get an email from the same man saying they need a credit card for loaner incidentals...I refused. This has been such a nightmare. We are now on day 2 of my car being there and I have very little information. Beware of atlantic Hyundai. I have been going there for the past nearly 10 years and I am treated this way.
TIMOTHY T. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 11/20/2019

Kerri, thank you for your feedback on your recent service visit, We are committed to providing excellent customer service. Once we have this issue resolved we will be in touch to review.

TIMOTHY T. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 11/22/2019

Kerri, thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct this concern. Atlantic Hyundai looks forward to continuing a Great working relationship moving forward for all future service repairs.

Copiague, NY
2019 Hyundai Kona
09/24/2019 Category: Service
Staff all on their phones
Poor service .... begging people to do their jobs
ABIGAIL L. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 09/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We apologize that your experience with Atlantic Hyundai service was not favorable. We are looking into this matter and will contact you.

RP
Ricardo P.
Brentwood, NY
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/07/2019 Category: Service
3 hours for an oil change
3 hour for an oil change and when I asked nobody knew where my paperwork was very unprofessional!
ABIGAIL L. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 08/07/2019

Ricardo,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We apologize about any inconvenience we have caused. We are looking into your repair order and will contact you.

CV
Carol V.
08/03/2019
Staff
Liars one sale man tells my the price was 27,000.00 they didn’t explained any of the paper work, that I signed even though I ask questions and told them everything I wanted in the contract. When I read my papers the price turned out to be 47,000.00. After several days coming back to see if they could explained Why? The sales price jump so high couldn’t get the answer all they were saying was the salesman was wrong about the price. Also talk to higher up management explaining how upset and lied too, still nothing was solved. Also if anyone was promised a $500.00 check if my insurance was cheaper then theirs company, well after some months no check, no company anymore. Call attorney general and waiting for response. Q

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/23/2019 Category: Service
I didn’t feel taken care of. And this is not the first time.
I would choose another dealership.
ROBERT D. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 07/24/2019

Mr. Fogarty, i am truly sorry for your expierence , i admitedly was overwhelmed on saturday. and should of done a better job of keeping you informed , someone will be reaching out to you on atlantic behalf

sincerly
Rob

John S.
Glen Head, NY
07/08/2019 Category: Service
The service manager Tim Turnbull
The service manager Tim Turnbull was a top notch professional. I believe his unprofessional staff will be polite on my next service

07/08/2019 Category: Service
Rude service department
After leasing car for forty years Atlantic Hyundai has the most unfriendly and rudest Service Department I've come across
TIMOTHY T. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 07/09/2019

John, thank you for taking the time to speak with me today, please accept My apologies for the poor service provided to you on the 3rd. I look forward to working with you on your next service visit please contact me to set up your next visit personally. Thank you for your continued support.

Chantal W.
Wyandanch, NY
05/11/2019 Category: Service
The service
My car was returned in a worse condition than given to the dealer. I am disappointed in the level of service provided and the insufficient and inaccurate diagnosis of my vehicle was despicable!
ABIGAIL L. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 05/11/2019

Chantal,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We apologize about the inconvenience. We are looking into your repair order and will contact you soon

FH
florence h.
12/27/2018
Terrible service department
I took my Sonata in for a software recall. I had an appointment and was told it would take 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Over 3 hours later, they tried to talk me into getting additional work done on my car (brakes, tire rotation). I told them no, just take care of the recall. They said my car would be ready in 5 minutes. 40 minutes later, they told me they misplaced my keys then found them. This is not the first time I have gone in for a "free" service only to have them try to talk me into additional, unnecessary work. Last time, I was told verbally that if I didn't have about $700 of work done, it might void my warranty so I had the work done. My mechanic told me that the work they said I needed was totally unnecessary and ridiculous. I complained to the DMV but they couldn't do anything because I didn't have what they said about the warranty in writing. This is the 3rd Hyundai I have bought from this dealership, but I don't think I'll ever buy there again! Be careful of the service department. I sat in the waiting room long enough to hear them seem to try to talk everyone into repairs that may or may not be necessary!
ABIGAIL L. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 12/29/2018

Florence,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. Atlantic Hyundai service apologizes about the amount of time it took to service your vehicle, we offer shuttle services for customers if they drop their vehicle. For your next visit we will provide you with a courtesy vehicle. Thank You

BP
Brandon P.
Brentwood, NY
2010 Hyundai Elantra
05/29/2018 Category: Service
Worst sevice ever
Richard Maggio is the worst in service as he persists on what he expects the customer to do instead of what the customer wants.
RICHARD M. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 05/29/2018

Brandon, i am stunned to see this survey. I care for all my customers including you on your visit. You came to me with a transmission related issue. Our Technician had found an internal transmission failure which we talked about. My care for you as customer was myself reaching out to your extended warranty to seek approval on the repair. To place you into alternative transportation at the time you were with me this way you were not without a vehicle during the repairs. This repair was at zero expense to you and you knew that being told not only from myself but also my superior. I was openly willing to help your needs any way i could but unfortunately its clear from this survey you did not see that. -Rich Maggio

AV
Angela V.
Holtsville, NY
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/27/2018 Category: Service

05/27/2018 Category: Service
Rich and Tim turnbull
Had a problem but Rich took care of it and made me satisfied with with my service and help fix my problem
RICHARD M. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 05/29/2018

Your survey is under review, thank you.

TIMOTHY T. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 05/29/2018

Angela, thank you for taking the time to speak with me today, Atlantic Hyundai has resolved this issue and will be taking care of the damaged items. It was unfortunate that this happened during your visit to Atlantic Hyundai Service we offer great service to all of our customers and only hope that with this resolution we can once again earn your business.

DJ
Deirdre J.
05/11/2018 Category: Service
It’s ljke a factory in there.
You overbook appointments. 3 hours for oil change. Not a happy camper. Staff can’t even tell you when car will be ready.
ABIGAIL L. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 05/11/2018

Deirdre, Thank you so much for taking the time out to fill out our survey and explaining your concerns. We apologize that you were not assisted in a timely manner. I will be giving you a call regarding your visit.

PL
Patricia L.
04/03/2018 Category: Service
Happy
Seem to resolve my problem hopefully they keep their word

04/03/2018 Category: Service
Always leave unhappy
Won’t be coming back anymore
ASIA R. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 04/04/2018

Thank you for your feedback, we will use this information to improve the quality of service we provide. Communication is a key factor in our industry and we regret that we let you down. We are sorry that your experience with our service department was below average. We hope that in the future we can prove to you our dedication to our customers and making sure they are satisfied with our business.

David C.
Islip, NY
03/20/2018 Category: Service
No heat seat
Diagnostic charge for dysfunctional heated seat $150 - Absurd
RICHARD M. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 03/22/2018

Your survey is under review

Diana M.
Lindenhurst, NY
2014 Hyundai Elantra
03/18/2018 Category: Service
unfriendly rude workers
Very rude workers and unprofessional
TIMOTHY T. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 03/19/2018

Ms, Musa thank you for taking the time to speak to me about the issue you faced during your last service visit. We were able to correct the problem on your second visit but take full responsibility for creating the need for you to return. Please accept our apologizes we look forward to continuing to help you in the future.

MF
Melissa F.
West Islip, NY
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/09/2018 Category: Service
2nd time a charm
Came in with my vehicle at 830. By 845 I was inside and sitting 5 minutes we were getting rest for a test drive with a mechanic named Justin. Within 10 minutes he diagnosed what he thoughts problem was and we were back at the service are directly. After a 15 minute wait Justin filled us in on the issue and that they were corrected. Total time at the dealership was about an hour. As of writting this the (2pm) I have not heard the noise that we had earlier. To say I'm pleased is putting it mildly. Very happy with the service I received from the staff.

03/09/2018 Category: Service
Do go there blind!!!
Fight to have them listen to you. You know your car, they may try to be dismissive. Go on youtube.. there is a ton of information out there concerning your vehicle. If you have a problem, chances are someone else already had it too. Do your homework and it will be a better experience, hooefully.
DOMINIC K. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 03/10/2018

When you come in we will arrange a road test with a technician to verify concern before you leave

Dominic Knecht
Service Adviser
Atlantic Hyundai

West Babylon, NY
03/06/2018 Category: Service
Fraudulent Service Reps
Trying to get to purchase a $160 tire for an allegedly damaged beyond repair new car tire.. #COMPLETEBULLSHIT..
RICHARD M. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 03/06/2018

Gerald, thank you for providing feedback. Your survey is under review

KL
Karen L.
Hauppauge, NY
02/13/2018 Category: Service
Horrible Service
Waited over 2 hours for an oil change with an appointment!
TIMOTHY T. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 02/14/2018

Karen, thank you for speaking with me about your recent service visit, I hope we covered all of your concerns during our conversation I am glad to hear that you will continue to work with Rich Maggio for all of your future service needs. Atlantic Hyundai appreciates your business.

Kathryn M.
Central Islip, NY
2012 Hyundai Elantra
01/30/2018 Category: Service
Kathy M
Had to leave numerous messages before the service representative that I was dealing with called me back and that was only after I spoke to the service department manager. I also reserved a loaner car and they did not have one available. I had to wait for over an hour before they were able to get one for me. Unless I need to have warranty work done on my car, I will not return there to service my car.
RICHARD M. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 01/31/2018

Kathryn, thank you for providing feedback. your survey is under review

FR
Frances R.
01/27/2018 Category: Service
Atlantic Hyundai service
I want to thank Robert for his attention in taking care of this problem. He really understood how I upset I was about how my visit was handled on Jan 17th. If a dealership only wants exceptional ratings then they should only give exceptional customer service. Communication is very important and it was totally lacking on my previous service. It only takes a couple of minutes to make a customer happy... or not.

01/27/2018 Category: Service
Hyundai
Not happy that they didn't fix the vehicle correctly and had the check engine light come back on not even 24 hours after picking the vehicle up.
ABIGAIL L. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 01/29/2018

Good Morning Frances,

My name is Abigail. I'm the Client Care Representative here at Atlantic Hyundai Service. I am very sorry about the inconvenience and the fact that the same situation occured again with your vehicle please give me a call at 631-893-5819.

ROBERT D. from Atlantic Hyundai responded on 02/01/2018

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME THE OPPERTUNITY TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT , HAVE A GREAT DAY