Cindy S.
Saline, MI
01/10/2019
Poor choice
After talking to Mike about my cars issues, I felt they’d be able to find the unusual problem the car is having. After speaking with Bernard a couple of times, after they’d had the car for 3 days, I felt as though they were merely “babysittting” the car. After Bernard said they’d not been able to replicate the problem, I decided to pay the “diagnosis” charge and pick up the car. AND after Bernard said the car started for him EVERY time, I got in and whaddya know, it DID NOT start. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND $$$$$!!!!

PS
Pavan S.
10/17/2018 Category: Service
Pavan said he expected a little bit more of the inspection. He went in for a full inspection and did not get one. The staff just told him what to do to fix the issue. He stated other places explain everything to him, and he is not planning to go back.
The S. from Autobahn Engineering responded on 10/23/2018

Pavan,
  We are disappointed that you feel you were not given what you thought you were entitled to. When you we had your car, you and asked us to check for a misfire and to look at the power steering.  We were able to diagnose multiple misfires, create a plan of action for your fluid leak, and while we had your car took the inspection further then asked and diagnosed so items with your brakes that would prevent future issues.  At that time you declined all of our recommendations.  Id be happy to discuss this with you further over the phone as we pride ourselves in providing what is/was asked of us.  I don't see where we missed anything you asked for so I would love some follow up from you on what else it was you were expecting. Please do not hesitate to call Mike at the shop at (734) 213-3000 so we can see where we can further help you in the future

James M.
Belleville, MI
09/13/2017
misdiagnosis
Brought car in earlier in week. Stalling @ intersections, racing idle at times. They put engine on computer, made mention about oil, but did not discover serious issue going on with car. Replaced coils and plugs, solved the idle problem, however, when I took the car to another shop, they immediately informed me that the car was running WITHOUT a functioning oil filter!!! This could have, and still might result in serious engine damage or future repairs. The other shop I took it to immediately came up with the cause and fixed the issue, hopefully!!!

Roy H.
Jaguar XJ8
06/15/2017 Category: Service
Roy said he's very upset that all the staff did was change his spark plugs and fix a little problem with his door and they charged him $800. It was poor workmanship.

KR
Katharina R.
01/13/2017
No service at all
I never received an answer to service request. So I want to another BMW service supplier.

WS
Wesley S.
Volkswagen Rabbit
01/19/2016 Category: Service
Wesley said the initial service was over priced. He had to return for some issues. They fixed the issue for free. He would not recommend them because he believes there are other places cheaper and can do a more accurate job.

Anthony B.
08/26/2015
Horrible Customer Service!
They made a mistake and fixed the wrong part of the vehicle instead of what we brought it in for. They refused to own up to their mistake and instead blamed us. We wrote an "unsatisfactory" review and received an unprofessional, unnecessary, petty email even after paying for their services twice.
Isn't customer satisfaction the number one priority of any professional business? If so, Autobahn failed to achieve this, reflecting terrible customer service.

Anthony B.
08/26/2015
Horrible Customer Service!
Eileen M. from Autobahn Engineering responded on 08/28/2015

The response that was given was on point and based in fact. If you would like we'll post the RO's so the world can see that.  Two different services over 30 days apart and the services were paid for by a third party so neither you nor Joy have ground to stand on.  No one is going to stand by and tolerate abusive behavior that is grounds for calling the police.  Having to call the police may seem petty to you but it's a real action that we could've taken.

Joy D.
08/19/2015
Worst Customer service
orst customer service I have ever experienced. They made a mistake and fixed a part of the car that had nothing to do with why I initially brought it in (per recommendation from a another shop who confirmed the gas line leak in my car, but could not repair the problem themselves since it had to with a possible hazard), of which caused the leak worsen and cost me more money overall. Autobahn even spoke on the phone to the car shop who recommended me to them in order to confirm the issue. It was also a huge liability to me and whomever rode in my car since it had to do with the gas line. Also, the customer service was COMPLETELY unprofessional, they went off of a lot of 'he said, she said' and did not provide me with definite answers of why the gas line was not initially fixed. My car was completely empty of gas due to the leak, and they did not make any effort to assist me or provide me with a resource of how to get gas in the car so I could drive it off of their lot, and this was after I paid them for the repair. All they did was shrug like it wasn't their problem even though the whole reason I was there the second time was because of an over-looked mistake that they made and did not own up to. Needless to say, I will tell anyone and everyone to not get their car serviced there, because there's no guarantee they'll actually fix or attend to the problem you brought it in for.
The S. from Autobahn Engineering responded on 08/21/2015

Joy,

Let's analyze the experience as it occurred and our records prove. First you came to our shop because Sears doesn't deal with fuel leaks.  However they never brought your vehicle in to check if that is in fact what the problem was. They can't bring a vehicle in once a customer mentions a "possible" fuel leak.  Our Master Mechanic, of 25 years of experience and trained by Volvo in England, UK, diagnosed that your vehicle had a serious intake manifold leak causing your vehicle to "Run Rich".  What that means in lay-mens terms is that the engine wont run smoothly and there will be a strong smell of fuel in your vehicle.  There was no fuel line leak found at that time.  You then contact Autobahn Engineering a month, 30 days, after your vehicle was repaired appropriately for the  intake manifold leak. You called our General Manager and told him that you have a fuel leak that we previously repaired by Autobahn Engineering. Our records clearly state and your receipts show that the problem that we repaired under the hood of your car was an intake manifold leak.  You drove your vehicle to Autobahn Engineering spewing fuel.  The fuel leak was so bad that our mechanic refused to even start the vehicle and had it pushed into the bay.  Your decision to drive the vehicle was reckless.  Your vehicle was spewing fuel to the degree that you placed yourself, everyone on the road you drove by  and our facility in grave danger. Our records and your receipts show that your father paid for the fuel line repairs that our master mechanic performed.  Your behavior in our place of business was so out of line that our General Manager should've called the police.  You yelled at him and carried on out of control and then stormed out of our office.  Then you stormed back in and demand that we give you a gas can.  You were asked to leave.  You finally drove off with the fuel that was left after the fuel line was replaced.  We provide quality repairs and stand behind all of our work.  Our Master Mechanic is the Owner/Operator and would never put a vehicle on the road unless he is 110% sure that it is road ready and safe.  His livelihood depends on that and he would never endanger it by what you claim occurred.  You were out of line with your ugly and defensive behavior.  We give you no stars for being so ill behaved when all we ever did was service you with respect, professionalism and never placed you in any danger. We wish you all the best with your future auto repair ventures.

Jamallh H.
06/29/2015 Category: Service
Jamallh said he had a bad experience at this business because they overcharged him. He would like free repairs because they overcharged him. He would not recommend them based on his experience.

AR
Abhishek R.
BMW 328xi
06/17/2015
Expensive work
I am very unhappy with their pricing as they charged 100$ labor for changing cabin air filter and air filter which are relatively easy jobs and will not take more than 30 mins for an experienced person

Dan B.
Clarklake, MI
Saab 9-3
01/18/2014 Category: Service
Dan said they did not complete the work and left bolts out of the replaced part. It also took a while because they kept finding other problems, which cost him more money. He said he already spoke with them, so they know what to do to make it right. He would not recommend them due to this experience.

DJ
David J.
Honda Civic Si
01/22/2020 Category: Service
David said the staff was pretty good.

SV
Salvador V.
Volkswagen Beetle Coupe
01/13/2020 Category: Service
Salvador said this business had excellent service and the employees are very nice people.

Kevin B.
Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
01/06/2020 Category: Service
Kevin said that he was very satisfied and their customer service was good.