Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5rating 4.54

Latest Review about 2 months ago

Robert B.
Vancouver, WA
09/23/2018
Certified Pre-Owned Car With MISSING PARTS!
In August of 2017 we bought a 2014 Toyota Prius from Beaverton Toyota. The salesman was in his senior years, very pleasant and is now retired. He told us the car would have a 160 Point Toyota Certified inspection, but there was only one price for the car, no negotiations. It has been a wonderful car and we do not regret the $19,000 price as it had 42,000 miles and was a car leased by a woman at Intel who was the first owner. We have put 29,000 miles on it, oil changed every 3-4,000 miles, new tires and it runs like a top. GREAT CAR. In September 2018, Labor Day weekend, our family car was hiding under the car and I crawled under it to fetch "Rio." What I noticed was there was a MISSING air dam under the front end and some scrapes on the under side of the right bumper cover. I took the car to a local tire store here in Vancouver, WA. They put it on a lift and that's when it was discovered that not only was the air dam missing, but also the driver's side inner fender was missing. It protects wiring from the elements, in the same was the front air dam impacts aerodynamics and cooling. I made an appointment with the Beaverton Toyota Service Dept. to request they install the missing parts. I need to emphasize here, WE HAVE NEVER HAD ANY IMPACT / COLLISION WITH ANYTHING IN 13 MONTHS!
The service manager got down on his back to look under the front bumper and began snapping pictures with his cell phone. He looked at me and said in an accusatory tone, "Well, this car has had damage done to it, probably while parking. The air dam is 90% torn off! We see this all the time!" I told him that neither my wife or I have run into anything while parking or driving; it would be nearly impossible to tear loose an inner fender splash shield without collision with some road hazard. He took on an arrogant and disdainful attitude and I was told to go wait inside the dealership. Over an hour later a 32 year-old Ceiso Cliuits gave me his history of loving cars and in an pretentious and condescending manner, told me that the dealership could do nothing for me. He also noted that I was not having my car maintained by the dealership (we live 35 miles away). I was handed a bogus $1560 estimate for repairs, when the parts cost no more than $270 and take about 1.5 labor hours to install.
To come to the point, Beaverton Toyota DOES NOT STAND BEHIND ITS SALES, CERTIFIED BY TOYOTA, OR NOT. This dealership (like most dealerships) is not a place you want to do business with. As the younger generations (I'm 70) are fond of saying, "They SUCK!"

VB
Valerie B.
09/14/2018
Never going back
While I usually don't review unless warranted this one definately is. I was given an estimate of 500 and arrived to a total of 747.00. While I gave them a chance to explain the difference I noticed that I was charged for services performed that were unessary. I was told that they replaced all of my filters when I know for a fact that all were replaced less then a month ago. I would not recommend servicing your vehicle here unless you like being lied to.

AR
Avid R.
Portland, OR
02/05/2018
Condescending Service Assistant Manager - Spencer Caley
I took in my 2013 Toyota Corolla for a maintenance service. After 45 minutes of waiting, I was told by Spencer Caley that I need to have my brake pads changed. I asked nicely to as the service person to clarify because I just changed it 6 months ago, since I understand that service vs customer service doesn't know exactly what the paper can interpret. Without even stopping to ask, he accused my mechanic of not doing the job I asked of him that maybe I cannot trust my mechanic. This made me irritated, I asked him once again to ask the service person because I will not take the insults. I may be small and short and not Caucasian but I DO NOT deserve to be treated like a child and talked down to. He scurried away and another 40 minutes later he had more explanation on why he was told that and he continued to tell me that my mechanic did not check the rotors. I asked him to stop with the condescending and righteous tone because I have been treated horribly by Portland Toyota numerous times before and that is why I transferred to Beaverton. I was in tears at this point, I told him I just want to check out, I asked him if he added the $5 coupon he mentioned earlier and he said he did and walked away and left me with the cashier. I look at the bill and the coupon wasn't there, I asked the cashier and he checked with Spencer and he came back apologizing profusely about how he was condescending to me and he comped the bill. He took me to a room to talk to me and he had a notepad with him, he said he wanted to write notes on how he can make my experience better. He wrote nothing on the notepad after I told him my experience with Toyota. He kept asking what he can get or give me, I asked for nothing, I asked to get a quote for the rotor and brake pads and he would not give it to me he said that he will talk to his manager tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do. 3 days has gone by, I received no follow-up. I emailed him and waited another 3 days, still nothing. I called and a manager returned my call and accused me of wanting to get free stuff. It was Spencer's promise to follow up and that is exactly what I was calling about. You don't need to accuse me of wanting discounts when your employee promised exactly that.

DO NOT GO TO PORTLAND OR BEAVERTON TOYOTA

GO TO WILSONVILLE TOYOTA!

P.S. I had my car checked by two mechanics who said that THERE IS NOTHING WARPED ABOUT THE ROTORS and need not replace rotors or brakes.

Catherine M.
08/10/2017
Zach the hostile Sales rep
My husband and I came in today to pretty much purchase a new Prius Prime and we got this person, Zac as our sales rep. He was unbelievable my husband and I were shaking our heads at how hostile he was. He was condescending, patronizing and rude. I would have liked to give him no stars. He actually hurt my feelings. Really Toyota why do you have this guy on your sales team ?We love the dealership we own three Toyotas and come here all the time not sure what his deal is I don't think he likes women very much? Anyway you need to talk to this guy you may be losing business. In any case I'm going to buy the Prius but there's no way I'm going to buy it from him. I may have to go to another dealer.

Dave B.
03/19/2017
Terrible dealership, smug management, dishonest practices.
Classic bait & switch! Ordered a new 2017 4Runner TRD off-road premium and signed a sales agreement with $1000 down. Scraped cash together for 2 months for a healthy down payment and when we were notified it would be In we went and sold the wife's SUV. Came in tonight (after getting a loan through OnPoint) and saw that they added several thousand dollars worth of options. To make it worse, they insulted our intelligence by telling us "most people order these with the extra options". When we referred to the sales contract we were told sorry, nothing we can do. Then they looked for other similar ones in the area, which was futile. I asked if they would be willing to make it right by discounting the vehicle to make up for the error and the manager (John Cantwell) smirked and said "We Don't Do That." Total clowns at this dealership. Very condescending "we don't do that" attitude. Worst experience of I've had, and I've purchased many cars, new and old".

Jenna D.
Fairview, OR
09/13/2016
Disgraceful employee
There is an employee at Beaverton Toyota who is a drunk, offensive, and overall distasteful character. This employee is regularly at the bar called Brickyard Tavern on Canyon. Way too many times I have witnessed him get belligerently drunk, argue, spill beverages, and make inappropriate advances at women. He uses racial slurs and offends other patrons on a regular basis. I spoke with the bartenders and they say they have had to cut him off in the past and did not seem overall pleased with his company. I will never buy a car from Beaverton Toyota for employing such garbage. I would be absolutely offended to receive him as my salesperson.

ER
Eva R.
Mcminnville, OR
11/14/2015 Category: Sales
Made buying a car fun!
My mom just purchased a used Toyota Camry from this dealership. It was the best car buying experience we've ever had. Our sales rep, Tyler Nelson, was professional, knowledgeable and respectful. They made the process easy. No haggling. Delivered as promised. I'd go back again.

Andy S.
03/30/2015 Category: Service
Couldn't Be More Helpful
Was having trouble with an older Camry
remote door opener. Talked to Manoj Singh
in Parts who suggested reprogramming before spending for a new remote. He guided me to Patrice in the Service Dept. who reprogrammed the remote in less than a minute. Two super service oriented people who made my day.

BN
Brad N.
03/04/2015 Category: Sales
Unprofessional salesman sold me a lemon
I bought a Prius from this dealer in 2014 which was a good experience. Unfortunately, the second time I went was the opposite. First, it took 15 minutes to even get a salesman to help us. The salesman was Tony who was very friendly but was not knowledgeable about either the first car we wanted to see (the Aveo) or seemingly about the rest of the current used car inventory. We went to take the Aveo on a test drive but Tony could not locate the rear seatbelt. We were about to pull out on the road and had to back back into the lot so we could get out, move the seat, and locate the seatbelts.

Once we agreed to purchase the car, the entire process was a challenge. Tony first told us we needed to purchase the warranty (which we didn’t) and then when looking at the price, I noticed several hundred dollars in fees added to the price. Tony said that was for tags and title as well as a security measure that they “had” to do and did on all cars to protect them from theft.

He said he would explain all the fees in detail later in the process (which he didn’t). It wasn’t until the very end of the process that I learned that the security measures included in the fees were the “data dots” which I was not interested in and realized was not required but optional. At that point, he said we could forgo those but that it would take another 20 minutes to take those off and at that point we were ready to get out of there, so we left it in.

The paperwork took quite a while to figure out as Tony would take the paperwork somewhere to be processed, just to realize that we had missed something. This happened 3 or 4 times and could have been avoided if Tony had just looked over the contract thoroughly before leaving.

The most painful part of the process was the warranty. The cost of the warranty would have been close to 30% of my monthly payment and I was not interested. I explained that to Tony, who said ok and that he didn’t want to pressure us. Then the finance manager came over and proceeded to pressure us on the warranty and offered a discount. We again declined firmly. Finally, later in the process, he asked yet again if we wanted the warranty and offered another discount and a longer loan term to get to the monthly payment we wanted, again saying he didn’t want to pressure us (which he was absolutely doing), and when we declined for a 3rd time, mentioned that it wasn’t him, it was the finance manager who was making him pressure us.

We drove the car home that evening and the car worked fine. The next morning, my wife went to move the car out of the driveway so she could take our Prius, the car would not start. She tried several times and eventually it finally started and she moved it. About an hour later, I went to try to start the car and it would not start again. It was obviously not a battery issue, the lights and other electronics worked fine, but the car would not even start to turn over. I tried several times before calling the dealership.

Once I called the dealership, I spoke to Drew and the initial steps to fix the problem were initiated quickly. I explained to him what was happening with the car (including that the engine would not turn over and that it seemed like an alternator issue which I’ve had before). Once they had the car, it was a real chore to get answers. I was passed from manager to manager and nobody seemed to know what was going on with the car. At one point I was told it had been taken to the Chevy dealer, only to find out that it wasn't. At that point, I was told they weren't able to replicate the problem and then was later told they were replacing the battery (which I knew wasn't the problem).

At that point, I got their customer service department involved, which finally led to them taking the car to the Chevy dealer (3 days later). The problem was finally diagnosed as a computer issue (not the battery) but that it would take until Monday to be fixed. My patience had run out so I told them that they either needed to give me a good deal on another car or a great deal on a warranty, neither of which they were willing to do.

When I finally told them I wanted a refund, they tried to claim that their return policy was only for exchanges, but once I made it clear I didn't want another car from them, they agreed to refund the money.

RICHARD S.
TOYOTA 4RUNNER
02/04/2015 Category: Service
Honest work
Everyone seems honestly concerned for your business.

KATHARIN M.
TOYOTA RAV4
02/03/2015 Category: Service
Incredible Service
Everyone was super helpful and kind, from helping me schedule an appointment for all my car's recalls, to making sure I understood what was going to be taking place during my car's appointment, and everything in-between. Just a great place, filled with positive, knowledgeable employees.

ANN B.
02/02/2015 Category: Service
Good people- good service
The staff is prompt, attentive and trustworthy.

JACLYN B.
TOYOTA PRIUS
01/30/2015 Category: Service
Friendly service staff
The staff at Beaverton Toyota are always friendly and very helpful. They make my experience enjoyable!

KENNETH S.
Lake Oswego, OR
01/29/2015 Category: Service
Friendly, competent people & nice waiting area
Had oil change done. Appt was on time and wait in pleasant waiting room with coffee etc. was reasonable in length.

AG
ALLISON G.
SCION TC
01/27/2015 Category: Service
Excellent!
This is my second visit with my new car and both times were very pleasant! Friendly staff and a nice area to wait in.

CK
CHARLES K.
TOYOTA PRIUS
01/27/2015 Category: Service
10,000 mile visit
Everything on time, employees very helpful, friendly atmospher.

AC
ADRIENNE C.
Friendly, prompt, considerate
They got me in on time, walked me thru the service, took me to my car. Small things, but made me feel good.

JUSTIN S.
TOYOTA RAV4
Repair for Rav4
Needed the combination switch and a headlight bulp replaced. Dropped off car in morning, shuttle to and from work. Car was ready mid-day. Seamless transaction! :)

JON W.
TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
Well Done service Dept
They did well to keep me informed as to how my vehicle was doing thru it's service and upto date on a timeframe estimate to be completed.

TRACY B.
Forest Grove, OR
TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
01/26/2015 Category: Sales
Scheduled service for parts installation on my new Tundra - shuttle to/fm rental was on time - truck was ready as promised. Excellent experience.