Bercher Tire & Service Center

Latest Review over 4 years ago

DN
DIANE N.
08/05/2014
Bercher Tire has serviced my vehicle on a few occasions and I appreciate their willingness to come pick up my vehicle and deliver it back to me. That's a great service. Their work is thorough and reasonable. They always work my service in to meet my needs.

Larry S.
08/05/2014 Category: Service
Larry said he has been a customer of this business for 25 years and is happy with the service provided.

Joe W.
08/02/2014 Category: Service
Joe said the repair took ten days and it should not have taken that long.

Maria B.
Natural Dam, AR
Dodge Stratus
08/02/2014 Category: Service
Maria said this business fixed her vehicle.

ROBERT W.
Isuzu Pickup
07/17/2014
Oil change special
Good job on the oil, tires, but did NOT do the inspection as advertised
Dave R. from Bercher Tire & Service Center responded on 07/24/2014

I tried to contact Robert several times with no success .... Our Lube ,Oil, and Filter special includes A Rotate and Air,Computer Spin Balance of all 4 tires, and a 100 point free visual inspection of the vehicle ... which is a $100 value .... We try to be very thorough on every vehicle that we inspect and there may be some times where we will miss something small that we catch on the next oil change ... Robert has been a good customer of ours for some time now and I would like to know if we did miss something that he noticed.

GF
Georgia F.
Van Buren, AR
Ford Edge
07/17/2014 Category: Service
Georgia said everything went smoothly and the service was done in a timely manner. This business is reasonably priced.

VD
Vernon D.
Muldrow, OK
07/17/2014 Category: Service
Vernon said they took good care of him.

Kane M.
Honda Accord
07/15/2014 Category: Service
Kane said they do a good job.

Molly B.
Lavaca, AR
07/15/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Anthony. He said this is not their first visit to the facility, and have always been pleased with the service this business has provided.

Jackye P.
07/14/2014 Category: Service
Jackye said they have always done her right and always work in a timely manner.

Deana D.
Jaguar XK8
07/14/2014 Category: Service
Deana said the business is honest. They find what the problem is and are great.

Jason W.
Van Buren, AR
07/11/2014 Category: Service
Jason said this business had good people, good service and were quick.

BT
Bill T.
Chevrolet Silverado
07/10/2014 Category: Service
Bill said this business has always done everything right.

GP
GARY P.
Greenwood, AR
07/06/2014
Desperate
I have been doing business with Bercher Tire for a few years now. Never would I imagine that one complaint about tires would this owner goo to this length. He choose the wrong sized tires for my vehicle, and then refused to correct this mistake he made. It was "only" after contacting Michelin that he decided to correct the problem he made. I have sent several people to his business and all came back saying that this owner has "rude," "disrespectful," and "someone having no clue as to how to run a business." The owner went as far as to tell me after he was "forced" to correct the tire problem, "take your business some where else because I don't want to do this ever again!" Needless to say that after all the money I spent on vehicles, ie: parts, suggested fixes, and labor, I will never recommend or do business with this owner again. It only took "one" complaint to open my eyes to what everyone else had been telling me. He should be ashamed of himself for the way he acts, treats, and does business. A "desperate" man with no business sense! Thank goodness for Wal-Mart on "educating" business owners on what "customer service" sincerely means!
Dave R. from Bercher Tire & Service Center responded on 07/07/2014

Well Gary P. that's not what happened....you see you wanted a light truck tire to fit you 1979 Dodge Pickup....it had to be an all terrain and it had to fit on a 15 inch wheel that is 8 INCHES WIDE.....Well Gary I was there in 1979 and installed a boatload of the only tire made that fits that specific requiresments you had....it's a 31-10.50R15LT.....and we installed the BFG Rugged Terrain....Great Tire.....YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY LOVED THE TIRE....a few days later I overheard a converstaion on the phone between you and my right hand man David (didn't call me).....David told me that the tires we installed rub at times and Gary P. has found some Cooper's and wants to just bring these tires back and get his money back! So the first word of a problem we heard was that Gary P. was throwing us under the bus....to which I said....fine....geez....but wouldn't it make more sense if we checked the truck to find out where it's rubbing and see if there's anything we can do to correct that.....maybe changing the caster or whatever....well Gary P. told David ...I will bring it back in. We checked the vehicle and found that there were no simple alignment or suspension adjustments that could be made....and I made the mistake of telling Gary P. that back in the 60's-70's-80's we use to trim fender corners to allow bigger tires.....and you reacted like I was trying to attack a family member.....anyway"back in the day" the 1979 Dodge Pickup did well with the 31-10.50R15 size tire.....so I asked Gary P.what size the Cooper tires were he had spotted....you said P25570R15.....and you said it was an all terrain.....and I said.....cannot be......and I looked it up on the internet and sure enough the P25570R15 is not made by anybody in an all terrain.....and this is the wholoe crux of this mess....you are totally ticked off at me because YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT NO BODY MAKES!!!!! So you leave in a huff....a few days later I receive a phone call from a sales person at a Michelin distributors asking me about "Garp P. is being taken advantage of and you are a low down dirty scoundrel" So under the bus we go again. I straighten that sales person out and finally you walk in the shop and my first words are why do you think "sic'ing" Michelin on me is going to make me get you tires that aren't being produced.....you cannot get a light truck, all terrain, 15" tire that will wear properly on those 8 inch wide wheels an not rub....finally you say....."well what CAN we put on there that won't rub".....and I say the only thing we can do is the P25570R15 BFG Radial T/A....it's not a light truck tire, it's not an all terrain, it isn't perfect for an 8 inch wide wheel but it should do ok.....but it's the best alternative.....you say "get them in here" ......I respond "how soon".....you respond Monday next week.....I told you that I would have to ship them in and pay $50.00 in freight to get them in that soon and you said you have to have them.....they were sitting in my shop on Monday.....ONE MONTH LATER YOU BROUGHT THE TRUCK IN TO HAVE THE TIRES INSTALLED..... so.....I have told myself this was just one of those losing propositions but we are taking care of the customer.....but then you walked in to get the truck cussing and shouting that you were owed $200. and you wanted your money NOW......you were an obnoxious jerk....then I took you back to a computer to show you that there was $3.00 difference per tire between the first and second tire.....you stopped the $200.00 demand and went straight to the $12.00 demand.....AT THAT POINT I lost interest in Gary P.....then you started telling me about a BFG Executive Vice President you had in your pocket and how he came up with this $200 figure.....and considering we match Sam's Club prices which means we have little or no markup and he obviously did not consider mounting, balancing, road hazard, state sales tax and waste tire tax.....when he spouted that $200......so let me end this explanation with two points.....we have like 170 reviews with a 97% approval rate.....we work hard to give great customer service WHEN WE AREN'T GETTING CONSTANTLY THROWN UNDER THE BUS......and secondly I could not agree more with your assessement....you were almost always combative and beligerent through every stage of this and I rate you as a customer one star.....I also check the NO box when it comes to doing business with you again if you cannot be mature enough to discuss anything without going off like a roman candle.....the tires we have sold you still have warranties and we will honor those warranties and take great care of you just as we do all our customers......but I deserve an apology from you and your HIgh Ranking Michelin TORPEDO before we do any new business.
Sincerely,
Kim Bercher

EJ
Emily J.
Greenwood, AR
06/19/2014 Category: Service
Emily said she went to this business to purchase new tires and get an alignment done. She got the tires, but they told her they could not do an alignment because her hubs were bad. She brought her vehicle to a dealership. They told her the hubs were fine and did an alignment. The prices were good on the tires she purchased from this business.
Dave R. from Bercher Tire & Service Center responded on 06/24/2014

I spoke to Emily and she did say that the dealer told her that the left front hub was not loose and that they did align her vehicle .... and then I also told her that we do have free rotation with every tire puchased and that I would like the opportunity to inspect the vehicle again when we rotate the tires with her being present just to cure my own curiosity ... she told me " no problem " and that when it is time to rotate she will be here to get it done ... The vehicle is a 2010 Chevrolet Impala with 24,000 miles on it ... We have a saying around here ... " Just because a part we replace on a vehicle is new ...  does not mean that the new part can not be bad " .... same goes with vehicles with 24,000 miles on them !

RJ
Robert J.
Chevrolet Camaro
06/18/2014 Category: Service
Robert said this business was nice and did the work they promised to do.

LC
Louie C.
06/16/2014 Category: Service
Louie said the business did a great job.

TR
Tommie R.
06/13/2014 Category: Service
Tommie said she is new in town and her nephew recommended her to go to this business. Everyting was great.

Roger B.
Arkansas
06/12/2014 Category: Service
Roger said the only problem he had with this business was getting someone to call him back.
Dave R. from Bercher Tire & Service Center responded on 06/16/2014

I spoke to  Mr Beshears about his situation of us not calling him back in a timely manner ... As with any business when things start to heat up and it gets busy ... That is not the time to drop the ball and not get back with the customer ... His vehicle woulld not start and we had to call a wrecker to go pick it up ... several hours had passed and it still was not picked up He was concerned that it was a friday and that his vehicle would not get picked up to get to our shop in time to get fixed ... well it did get picked up and we did get his vehicle on the road again ... I apologized to him and he was grateful to us for getting his car running again.

RN
Ralph N.
Waldron, AR
06/12/2014 Category: Service
Ralph said this business provides good service and is prompt. The staff is friendly.