BW
Bill W.
Essex Junction, VT
06/12/2019
Not satisfied
My Outback was making noise in the front end which another shop was unable to diagnose. I chose Bourne's based on the good reviews hoping they would take the time to figure out what is wrong with the car. They did not. They did find malfunctioning brake calipers which they cleaned, but that did not address the noise issue. In addition they recommended two other unrelated services, brake system flush and fuel system cleaning. I declined those services because the car is running fine other than the front end noise. When I checked back to my invoice from the first shop, I realized that they had performed the brake system flush only two months prior to the service at Bourne's. I am frustrated that in my experience many car repair businesses do not want to take the time to figure out more challenging service issues, but would rather sell you "recommended" routine maintenance that may or may not be needed. I am a mechanically inclined person and I find it a little insulting that repair professionals assume the customer is just imagining things. I would happily pay a premium price to any mechanic who listens, asks questions and has the skill to diagnose and repair my car.
Rene B. from Bourne's Service Center responded on 06/13/2019

Mr. W,
Sorry to hear we didn't resolve your noise concern. Sounds like we need to go for a ride with you to get a better sense of what we're looking for. A written description is often a difficult way to identify a problem. If you're willing, We'd be happy to make another attempt at diag your noise at no charge. I have no doubt there's a real noise there.
Thanks for your response,
Rene Bourne

AC
Antonio C.
Hinesburg, VT
01/19/2018 Category: Service
Antonio said the overall experience was not good. The service took a long time to complete, and the estimate given was outrageously high.

GE
GORDON and CAR0L E.
Shelburne, VT
Volvo XC70
10/19/2016
Brake work
Shocked and disappointed.On Monday morning I was quoted $453.00 all in for brake work.The invoice at $632. Without seeking authorization is unacceptable.Can't afford Bournes any longer.
Rene B. from Bourne's Service Center responded on 11/08/2016

Mr. E,
I was aslo disappointed with the issue of your bill. I've always tried to make sure the customer is informed when any issues come up during the repair. Due to a billing mistake and poor communication while I was away we let you down. I'm glad Steve was able to correct things for you. If things are still not to your satisfaction please let me know.

Again My Apologies!!