Bring Your Own Parts

Overall Rating 2.45/5Overall Rating 2.45/5rating 2.45rating 2.45rating 2.45

Latest Review about 2 months ago

Anonymous A. on 10/07/2017
"DON'T USE THEM!"
Quote price and double it when you pick it up.
Service Date: 10/07/2017
Review Created: 10/07/2017 03:17 PM
Brenda H. on 05/19/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Stay Away from Bring your own parts "
I had my son's car towed to Bring Your Own Parts on 5/5/2017 for a Collision repair on 6610 Bandera Rd. Then called later that day to see if they received my son car. They replied "Yes" and that they will call me once they check it. So I waited til 5/10/2017, gave them a call, since i received no call from that point, he gave me his cell # and that he will check the status and call me later. Got no call, The next day on 5/11/2017 I call him back and his response was, he will call back in 5 min and still no call whatsoever, so I call him again 8min later and told him I just want to get my son's car fix. He said "We need to open the car up and see wants wrong with it, since he can't just look at it". I ask do I need go down there, he said "NO". He'll just text me, I got the text from him to have the car tear down and on 5/11... So I waited til 5/15/2017, called him up. His response was "I will have the list of parts that I need to repair the car.. Next day, I received no call from him again, So i decided to stop buy the shop on 5/17/2017, and I went to the back to check on the car.... I saw nothing being done with the car, and the guy in charge, said the manager will call me 1st thing in the morning, and once again no call so i waited til 5/19/2017 and went back to shop to check the car and the guy said his manager not there, so I ask if I could check on the car and again nothing was done so I ask for my son's key and that i was not going to pay, His reply was "I'm not going to give you the key til you pay $310.00... so I call the police, when the police arrive, she spoke to the man in charge, after communiticating with the man in charge... The police approached me and said it was civil matter so I was force to pay $310.00 so I can take the car out of their property and bring it to my house... When the towing company showed up, the guy in charge from Bring your own Parts gave the car back, by reversing the car out of the garage while he brought it out, the car alarm went off and all of a sudden the car died. Because of that, it wasn't drive able, The guy in charge of "Bring your own parts" decided to get out of the car and simply said "Here You Go and just walk away" when I brought it to them before, it was able to drive up the tow truck... Even the tow truck driver said he used to work prior for them and they would take advantage of there customers and someone needs to investigate Bring Your Own Parts.... Alot of other mechanic that I talk to that day before going to get my car said they rip off all there customer , get your car out of there. These company needs go out of business Please stay away from these company I should had read the prior review don't trust the good review these company will rip you off and will not fix you car you just throw your money to them. I rate them a zero.
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/19/2017 09:41 PM
Michael D. on 04/08/2017
"Sleazy Business Process"
Asked BYOP to replace a leaking radiator, and hoses. The plural "hoses" was repeated during the discussion and a labor amount was printed on the estimate. At the time of payment the charge is double because the estimate was for only one hose; SLEAZY. Additional labor over what was on the estimate for the radiator replacement was charged at completion for parts that a reasonable person would expect are included in the "Radiator Replacement" labor estimate originally presented. Shop personnel were completely impervious to the logic of my protests and talked as though the misunderstanding were my fault. I felt like I needed a shower by the end of the process. I hoped to find a "neighborhood" shop to use instead of the dealership and save some money. At least, the dealership is straight forward with the high prices they are charging.
Service Date: 04/07/2017
Review Created: 04/08/2017 06:11 AM
Andrew D. on 10/29/2016
"F-150 AD"
Great service on my sweet ride, I've had 4 vehicles serviced there. They've always taken care me, worked with me on pricing.
Service Date: 10/29/2016
Review Created: 10/29/2016 11:42 AM
Richard A. on 09/22/2016
"My Experience"
Took new headlights that I needed replaced. The mechanic pointed out other items that needed replacing so I agreed. After a long wait I was told my vehicle was ready and I them over $600.00 for the work. Later I noticed that my headlights had not been adjusted and it was dangerous for me to drive at nite so I went back to have this done. At that point the mechanic pointed out that the passenger side headlight had a manufacturer's defect and could not be adjusted. My question, why did they install a defective part and why was I not informed at the time of installation. Not professional in my opinion. Time and money wasted.
Service Date: 08/10/2016
Review Created: 09/22/2016 09:27 AM
Jeff W. on 06/15/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Thief will rape your wallet"
Truck tossed a timing belt, all work external called for 2 hr total by book. You can look behind the cover and see it was off the pulley. Very eager to tow me, I tell him what's wrong and send him the instructions and diagrams. He ask me to OK the work, next I hear after a week he did a diagnostic DUH! Added that charge, flushed my water pump and added a antifreeze, Without asking. Two weeks into it he tells me there's no spark to the plugs and I need a module he can't find. I send him instructions on how to test it. Now he claims I need a new harmonic balancer and that's gonna add 300$ suggest i crawl around a junkyard and bring him one so he can open up my engine. I told him to not do anymore work and was expecting a 500$ bill but now it's 1140$ plus. I will tow it to his competitors down the road. To an honest mechanic. Screw this rapist
Service Date: 06/09/2016
Review Created: 06/15/2016 03:23 PM
R L. on 06/04/2016
"CROOKS!!"
This company damaged my vehicle where it is not drive able. Look under my hood and the radiator had no coolant plus a part was left under the hood! This company will rip you off! MONEY GRUBBERS!!!!
Service Date: 05/28/2016
Review Created: 06/04/2016 05:50 AM
R L. on 06/04/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Consumers BEWARE! If you want to get rip off or have your vehicle worse off than when you took it there then this is the company for you!!!!"
I would give Bring Your Own Parts a "0," rating but this is not allowed! I took my vehicle in to get spark plugs replaced and mind you it did not need it but I wanted to do it. My car was driving well and actually, I drove the car there. The first time I drove the car home it spurted and stop. DJ, or the the long dark haired gentleman told me that I had oil in my spark plugs and it will cost another $600 to repair. I have already paid them $1,043 dollars and the Bandera location sent it over to the 281 location and the 281 location suppose to fix repairs. They had my vehicle for 4 1/2 days and $1,043 later it still is not drive-able. Before I picked up my vehicle, the rep. told me, "be careful going out of town, it may overheat or worse catch on fire since you opt not to fix what we recommend." Only reason why he said it is because I told them if you do not have it repaired by today, I want my vehicle back. Miraculously, it was repaired by 1pm the next day and now one day after bringing it home, its un-drive-able. Now I have to pay some one else to FIX the problem they damaged. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE, I, REPEAT, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE!
Service Date: 05/28/2016
Review Created: 06/04/2016 05:46 AM
Joe D. on 04/20/2016
"Scam artists"
This review is for the Bandera location. I wish there was a rating less than 1 star. My wife's vehicle broke down near this shop. As soon as it happened, we knew it was the alternator. Rather than pay a tow truck to bring the vehicle across town, we were able to drive it a half mile to the Bandera location. We told them all we want is the alternator replaced. A couple days later, they texted my wife to tell her a motor mount was broken, rear bearing had "play" in it,the engine was sagging because of the mount, and the fuel injection system was clogged with carbon and her van was not drivable. This was all false. We knew, for a fact, the only issue was the alternator. We insisted we pick up the van ASAP. We picked it up the next day (it was miraculously drivable). We immediately open the hood to find the air intake hose housing attached to the engine was completely broken. This was not broken when we brought the vehicle in. Our regular mechanic (and family friend) is assessing the damage now. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Fortunately, it's only a matter of time before they're sued and put out of business.
Service Date: 04/19/2016
Review Created: 04/20/2016 10:04 AM
Frank H. on 12/20/2015
"Lousy"
Company has an identity crisis. They try to talk you out of bringing your name-brand parts and to use their preferred parts.
Service Date: 12/18/2015
Review Created: 12/20/2015 09:19 AM
James S. on 10/09/2011
"Very disatisfied and feel cheated when I trusted you."
We brought our parts to you to repair our car in good faith. We were not sure if the parts we brought you were the parts that my car needed repaired. We asked you to call us before you made the repairs to tell us what the leak was. You did not call us and instead put on the parts that were not leaking so we would have to pay you $451.00 for services we did not need. I know my card did not have 4 leaks in the power steering. Then you tell us of a 4th leak that we have to pay an additional $450.00 for and buy another part. We could not afford another $450.00 and now my car is sitting in my driveway because we are unable afford to do the actual repair it really needed. You don't save people money. Why didn't you call us before you put the parts on when you found the leak in the rack and pinion and given us the option to take back the parts we first purchased and let us buy the correct part. I am writing the BBB.
Sharon Stowe
Service Date: 10/03/2011
Review Created: 10/09/2011 05:19 PM
William S. on 10/04/2011
"Dan Sumlin's '98 Suburban"
I am very pleased with the speed and quality of service I received at BYOP. The quote and the estimate of when the work would be completed were right on the money. Ihave used BYOP in the past and they will continue to be my only mechanic shop. I actually trust what they tell me and that is a big deal nowadays.
Service Date: 09/14/2011
Review Created: 10/04/2011 07:34 PM
Upset C. on 09/23/2011
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Pick up the phone and call customer"
Call the customer when you are 4 hrs behind schedule for an appointment.
Service Date: 09/20/2011
Review Created: 09/23/2011 07:09 PM
Kelly B. on 09/23/2011
"Poor Customer Service"
Made 8 am appt for 3 hr job according to DJ.
1 pm we called as was told "... almost ready..." called again at 3 pm left voicemail to call us on status, 20 mis later received call from DJ saying more parts needed and another $400, an they were closing in 30 mins. If you need prompt and courteous service look elsewhere!
Service Date: 09/19/2011
Review Created: 09/23/2011 07:07 PM
Lee J. on 09/16/2011
"My recent visit"
I was VERY impressed! Your customer service was excellent; the waiting area is fantastic, with beautiful leather couches and a big-screen TV. You also provided snacks and drinks. The work was done a lot quicker than I had anticipated, and the technician showed me the results on a test meter. The price was very reasonable, and much less than I had been quoted by another shop. Thank You!
Service Date: 09/14/2011
Service Date: 08/22/2011
Review Created: 09/12/2011 05:47 AM
Vincent D. on 09/06/2011
"Brakes on Corvette"
Thought the price was a little pricey for putting on rotors and brake pads on a corvette. They are just pull and replace. Also had to pay for an additional bolt that I think they destroyed. Overall, they were the only place I could find that would do the job.
Service Date: 08/16/2011
Service Date: 08/22/2011
Review Created: 09/06/2011 12:03 PM
Justin H. on 08/31/2011
"BYOP"
Friendly trusted experts! My choice for all my vehicle necessities!
Service Date: 08/01/2011
Review Created: 08/31/2011 11:12 PM
Dale M. on 08/27/2011
"warranty?"
I took my car in for a noise when breaking. I thought it was a issue with a bearing but they pointed out that my breaks were bad. I appreciated that they pointed it out but they did not recommend that I have them done instead of the bearing. I feel that they could have saved me some money at the time. They also did not offer a warranty on the job they did on the bearings. I feel that if they don't offer a warranty on the y work they do how much can you trust them.
Service Date: 08/05/2011