2.5

WS
Wil S.
07/21/2020
Brakes and rotors replacement
Took my wife car to get the brakes and rotors replaced on 9 July. Yesterday, 20 July the brake light and warning brake pads light came on. Took it back today hoping it was just a code reset. They told me that it needed a rear sensor for an additional cost. Why didn't they said something on the 9th? Well, in my opinion, every mechanic should know if the brakes they are replacing need a sensor or not. Further more, What happened to the old sensor. I know there were sensors in the front left caliper and also in the rear because I changed these pads and rotors myself the past two times. The brakes and rotors cost me $540 and the labor at Bring your own parts was $420. I have to say that they did a very good job with the replacement parts. Not so good on paying attention to detail and sharing information like the need for sensors. Brake pad sensors are necessary if you want to avoid an accident and/or prevent damage to your calipers and rotors, "EVERY BODY KNOWS THAT" so why the mechanic didn't do anything about the sensors?
If you can afford to take you vehicle to a more reputable shop I encourage you to do so. This is a major inconvenience to my family as we are down to this one car and we are taking care of my dad who has been pretty sick for the past 2 months.

ME
Michelle E.
07/12/2020
Run Away! They held my car hostage!
It has been several years back but they gave me a quote to repair my Jeep and it took them over two weeks to repair. When I go to pick it up they want way more than what I was quoted and they only did half of the work! When I told them I wasn't going to pay that because my car did not even run! I drove it there but could not drive it out I had to have it towed. They are thrives and liars! It makes sick they they are still in business!

HM
Harley M.
06/03/2020
Thieves don't even deserve 1 star!
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON THESE SCAMMERS! MY WIFE BROUGHT HER VEHICLE IN WITH THE STRUTS AND SHOCKS I BOUGHT BECAUSE I AM ON ACTIVE DUTY AND COULDN'T WORK ON IT AT THE TIME BECAUSE I WAS OUT OF COUNTRY. SHE BROUGHT VEHICLE IN TO REPLACE STRUTS AND SHOCKS ONLY AND THE GUY THERE SWINDLED MY WIFE INTO BUYING SUSPENSION PARTS THAT WERE NOT NEEDED AND SHE REQUESTED FOR THE ORIGINAL PARTS THEY TAKE OFF BEFORE ANY WORK WAS DONE, (BECAUSE THAT'S HOW WE ROLL IF I CAN'T WORK ON THE VEHICLE BECAUSE I AM AWAY FROM MY GARAGE AND TOOLS AND OUT OF THE COUNTRY! SHE PICKED HER CAR UP, NO OLD PARTS THAT WERE REMOVED, THEY SCAMMED HER ON THE PARTS THEY CLAIMED WERE BAD, LABOR WAS NOT ITEMIZED, (ONLY TOTAL WHICH I KNOW HOW MANY HOURS THEY CAN ACTUALLY CHARGE WHICH IS THE MANUFACTURERS HOURS OF REPAIR!! THEY SAW A WOMAN COMING IN AND RIPPED HER OFF! WHEN I CONFRONTED THE GUY AT THE SHOP HE STARTS ASKING ME RIGHT OFF THE BAT WHO MY COMMANDER WAS BECAUSE I WAS IN UNIFORM, I TOLD HIM IT WASN'T HIS BUSINESS WHO MY COMMANDER IS! I STARTED RECORDING VIDEO BEFORE I EVEN GOT OUT OF THE VEHICLE TO TALK TO THESE THIEVES! THEN THE GUY HAS ME CALL THE OWNER AND OF COURSE THE OWNER WANTED TO PLAY THE BLAME GAME AND HUNG UP ON ME! WELL WE WILL BE TAKING YOU PEOPLE TO COURT, PRESENTING MY ASE CERTIFICATIONS WITH ALL PREVIOUS AUTO SHOPS I HAVE WORKED AT FOR 20+ YEARS BEFORE I JOINED THE ARMY! WITH YOUR VERY BAD REVIEWS I WONDER WHO THE JUDGE WILL LISTEN TO?

TH
Tracy H.
Spring Branch, TX
02/13/2020
Worst experience ever
If I could give this place a 0 I would. Took my vehicle to have the accuator replaced and I got my car back in 3 days and was told it would take 2 days. I paid for my rental for all 3 days. Then my heat did not work and it was cold on 10-31-19. While taking my child to school the next morning when I tried the heat again a loud grinding/clicking noise came from my dash. I called the manager and let him hear it for himself and he said bring it in. I did and waited almost 3 hours. Noise was gone, but still no heat. I advised I need my car and I can't wait any longer. The manager would not pay for a rental car, but said bring it back so on another day I brought it back and waited 5 hours still no heat the mechanic tried to say I shouldn't get heat on defrost because that is not how my vehicle was built. I know my car and I had heat everywhere on the dial when I brought it in. I should not have to turn on the ac light for heat and still zero heat either way. I spent a lot of money and still no heat. I paid for a new thermostat too due the managers advice while they were in there to replace it. These guys are incompetent liars and should be out of business. I went back again and still does not work. I have damage on my steering wheel which looks like they threw it on the floor and damage on my plastic on the dash per removing and putting it back on. The guy had zero respect for my vehicle while he didn't fix it. I still do not have heat and he says bring it in. This is my only vehicle and he will not pay for my car rental. NEVER GO HERE!!

Steven C.
10/12/2019
Professional personnel, and honest pricing.
Great customer service. Professional personnel, and honest pricing. Thank you guys!

ME
Margaret E.
09/02/2019
Had my brakes done.
We came to bring your own parts and they did a great job on my car.
They Answer my questions and any concerns.

AC
Aaron C.
08/30/2019
Fast and super friendly
The guys here at the Leon Valley location sure know how to wow a customer. For almost an entire suspension job they got my parts the same day and had me back on the road in almost a few hours. Prices are good and they bend over backwards to take care of you.

They also fixed a torn exhaust shield on my car for no extra charge as well.

Will most definitely be back.

Joseph A.
08/30/2019
Courteous, professional very fast and fairly priced
They did a very good job and charged me exactly what was quoted and I saved a lot of money. Defiantly be back and refer others.

CP
curt p.
08/11/2019
Horrible and expensive experience!
These guys on Bandera are the worst! They ripped us off terribly! We end up taking the car elsewhere to get it repaired correctly and the mechanic showed us the old parts still on the car that we were charged for replacement by BYOP! How are these people still in business? Manager was extremely rude and unprofessional! Will never go back and neither will anybody I know! This place should be shut down! Look at all the bad reviews!

Allen S.
11/08/2018
My Truck wasnt running at all i tried everything i could. Martin at bring your own parts on bandera rd. Helped me get my vehicle running and at a very reasonable rate. Thanks to these guys my truck is running perfect.

NR
N. R.
06/05/2018
Will not go back
I will not go back for the various reasons that follow

1 the parts ordered were not the parts needed

2 they sent me an e-mail that stated I needed new front pads the front pads and put on the day before by another shop their excuse was that their new computer system just checked it that way.

3 before I left I asked where my keyed lug nut wrench was the manager stated we used ours I replied no sir you did not I handed to you he then responded I wasn't even here which begs the question how he knew what they used to begin with in effect being lied to twice and under an hour and having the price always go up and being charged to have my old parts put back on does not endear them to me.

AK
AL K.
05/09/2018
Mechnic in BYOP shop on 281 North not honest
Do not use this shop on 281 North. I am giving this shop one star, because Martin who is The mechanic in this location 281 north, he cracked and broke my engine top, while he was going to replace my alternator. first he was denying and blaming the Toyota dealer master mechanic whom just diagnosed my car. then when he accept his fault, after a month still he has not replace the broken part. Every time I call him, he says I am looking for part, I have not locate it yet. The mechanic in BYOP shop on 281 is liar and not honest, I never ever use this shop again.

AA
Anonymous A.
10/07/2017
DON'T USE THEM!
Quote price and double it when you pick it up.

Brenda H.
05/19/2017
Stay Away from Bring your own parts
I had my son's car towed to Bring Your Own Parts on 5/5/2017 for a Collision repair on 6610 Bandera Rd. Then called later that day to see if they received my son car. They replied "Yes" and that they will call me once they check it. So I waited til 5/10/2017, gave them a call, since i received no call from that point, he gave me his cell # and that he will check the status and call me later. Got no call, The next day on 5/11/2017 I call him back and his response was, he will call back in 5 min and still no call whatsoever, so I call him again 8min later and told him I just want to get my son's car fix. He said "We need to open the car up and see wants wrong with it, since he can't just look at it". I ask do I need go down there, he said "NO". He'll just text me, I got the text from him to have the car tear down and on 5/11... So I waited til 5/15/2017, called him up. His response was "I will have the list of parts that I need to repair the car.. Next day, I received no call from him again, So i decided to stop buy the shop on 5/17/2017, and I went to the back to check on the car.... I saw nothing being done with the car, and the guy in charge, said the manager will call me 1st thing in the morning, and once again no call so i waited til 5/19/2017 and went back to shop to check the car and the guy said his manager not there, so I ask if I could check on the car and again nothing was done so I ask for my son's key and that i was not going to pay, His reply was "I'm not going to give you the key til you pay $310.00... so I call the police, when the police arrive, she spoke to the man in charge, after communiticating with the man in charge... The police approached me and said it was civil matter so I was force to pay $310.00 so I can take the car out of their property and bring it to my house... When the towing company showed up, the guy in charge from Bring your own Parts gave the car back, by reversing the car out of the garage while he brought it out, the car alarm went off and all of a sudden the car died. Because of that, it wasn't drive able, The guy in charge of "Bring your own parts" decided to get out of the car and simply said "Here You Go and just walk away" when I brought it to them before, it was able to drive up the tow truck... Even the tow truck driver said he used to work prior for them and they would take advantage of there customers and someone needs to investigate Bring Your Own Parts.... Alot of other mechanic that I talk to that day before going to get my car said they rip off all there customer , get your car out of there. These company needs go out of business Please stay away from these company I should had read the prior review don't trust the good review these company will rip you off and will not fix you car you just throw your money to them. I rate them a zero.

Michael D.
04/08/2017
Sleazy Business Process
Asked BYOP to replace a leaking radiator, and hoses. The plural "hoses" was repeated during the discussion and a labor amount was printed on the estimate. At the time of payment the charge is double because the estimate was for only one hose; SLEAZY. Additional labor over what was on the estimate for the radiator replacement was charged at completion for parts that a reasonable person would expect are included in the "Radiator Replacement" labor estimate originally presented. Shop personnel were completely impervious to the logic of my protests and talked as though the misunderstanding were my fault. I felt like I needed a shower by the end of the process. I hoped to find a "neighborhood" shop to use instead of the dealership and save some money. At least, the dealership is straight forward with the high prices they are charging.