Latest Review about 1 month ago

Cary T.
Los Angeles, CA
Cadillac Seville
02/28/2020 Category: Service
Cary said the staff didn't mention a discount from Triple A, all they were after is money, plus, they don't know what they are doing.

HL
Harvey L.
Orange, CA
Dodge Dakota
07/08/2019 Category: Service
Harvey said he is very disappointed in the service provided by this business. He also said he was charged $405.00 for his vehicle to sit at this business.

SD
Sonya D.
Santa Ana, CA
Saturn Aura
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Sonya said the staff got frustrated with her for asking a question, and were not informative at all. She would not recommend the business because they yelled at her.

GS
Gary S.
Costa Mesa, CA
Ford Police Interceptor
12/08/2017 Category: Service
Gary said this business did not solve his problem.

TT
Tom T.
05/23/2017 Category: Service
Tom said he would not recommend this business and he will never go back. He wants his money back and will take them to court if he doesn't get it. They charged him nearly $7,000 but his motor cylinder is badly damaged because they didn't do the job right the first time. This business and the dealership were telling him different things. Every time he brought it back, they made things worse and his vehicle has not ran the same since.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 05/25/2017

TOM, OUR MAIN GOAL IS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. WE HAVE TRIED, AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO, UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH-IN REASON. WE HAVE CONTACTED YOU AND YOU SAID YOU COULD NOT TALK. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT YOUR CONVIENCE TO DISCUSS WHAT EVER ISSUES YOU MIGHT HAVE.

BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 05/25/2017

VR
Veronica R.
Honda Accord
04/13/2017 Category: Service
Veronica said her experience with this business was horrible. The person on the phone raised his voice at her and he was rude. When she went to pick up the vehicle the guy was drunk. He gave her the paperwork for someone else's vehicle.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 04/15/2017

FIRST AND FORMOST, YOU WERE ASKED IF ANYONE WORKED ON YOUR CAR!! THE VEHICLE WAS TORE DOWN WHEN IT CAME IN. FOR THE RECORD, DRINKING HAS NEVER BEEN TOLERATED AT BUDDYS AUTO. I`M SORRY THE PERSON YOU ASKED TO COME IN, WHILE YOU WAITED OUTSIDE FOR FUNDS TO SHOW UP, RECEIVED THE WRONG RECEIPT. IT HAPPENS!!! DON`T BLAME ME FOR YOUR ISSUES. DO YOUR JOB IN REFERENCE TO MAINTIANING YOUR CAR. I`M SORRY YOU FELT I SHOULD PAY FOR YOR NEGLEGENCE. GOOD LUCK!!!

BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 04/15/2017

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT WAS DONE WRONG?

SA
Sade A.
Los Angeles, CA
Oldsmobile Intrigue
04/03/2017 Category: Service
Sade said this business charged her $100 just to find out what was wrong with her vehicle.

BW
Brian W.
Riverside, CA
Nissan Versa
03/14/2017 Category: Service
Brian said he won't be back to this business. Everything was fine up to the point he got his bill. They were very deceptive about how they priced out the service. The service was good and the staff was pleasant. The problem was how they presented the cost.

EG
Ed G.
03/11/2017 Category: Service
Ed said he took his vehicle out with no repairs. The prices were very expensive, and the person who helped them was rude. He is dissatisfied and he will not be going back this business.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 03/13/2017

MR. GORGIE, I`M SORRY YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE AT BUDDYS AUTO. IT OUR GOAL TO PLEASE EVERYONE! AS A AAA FACILITY WE ARE MANDATED TO WARRANTY FOR TWO YEARS OR 24K, DUE TO THIS WE USE THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF PARTS WITH REASONABLE LABOR RATES. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE LESS AND OR MORE. I`M GLAD FOR YOU FINDING A LESSOR PRICE WITH LESS OF A WARRANTY. I APOLOGIZE IF YOU FELT MY MANAGER WAS RUDE, I`LL CERTAINLY DISCUSS THIS HIM BUT, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, EVEN IF THE CLIENT IS OR IS NOT, IS THIS ACCEPTABLE. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO SERVE YOU AND GOOD LUCK.

NL
Noely L.
Huntington Beach, CA
05/07/2016 Category: Service
Noely said she did not like the way the employees at this business treated its customers. The customer service was horrible.

AN
Andrew N.
Fountain Valley, CA
GMC Yukon
02/12/2016 Category: Service
Andrew said this business did not provide him with the service they offered him. For the reason stated, he would not recommend this business for service.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 02/13/2016

I`M ASHAMED OF THE G.G. PD CRITERIA FOR HIRING. WANTING SOMETHING FOR FREE. AS A DEDICATED BUSINESS IN GARDEN GROVE AND PAST CHAIRMAN FOR THE G.G. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, I HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 40 YEARS. I WAS ASKED TO DIAGNOSE AND I DID. SORRY IT WAS NOT IN YOUR FAVOR, STUFF HAPPENS. I SUGGEST YOU DO YOUR JOB BECAUSE I HAVE DONE MINE! I RECEIVED A COMPLAINT FILED BY YOU FOM AAA. MAYBE YOU SHOULD REVIEW THE LAW SUITS IN THE P.D. AREA THAT COST TAX PAYERS DOLLARS. I KNOW YOUR COMPENASTION AND UNION BENEFITS. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT YOU ARE TO ME!! GOOD LUCK ANDREW AND ONCE AGAIN, AS A GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE, NOT TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF!!! YOU HAVE A BAD MOTOR, DEAL WITH IT!!! I`LL MAKE SURE ON A 911 CALL THEY DON`T SEND YOU!!!

BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 02/15/2016

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY!!!!

BO
Becky O.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
09/09/2015 Category: Service
Becky said the business took her money. She went to them to have her air conditioner repaired and they told her she needed a new fan. They charged her $300 and her air conditioner was still not repaired.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 09/12/2015

MS. OJEDA, IT IS OUR MISSION TO INSURE THAT ALL CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY. IN REVIEWING YOUR INVOICE, I READ THE NOTES IN REFERENCE TO YOUR A.C ISSUE. NOT EVERYTHING IS SIMPLE. YOU ALWAYS START WITH AND A.C. SERVICE TO INSURE THE PRESSURES ARE PROPER, THIS IS THE FIRST STEP. IN DOING SO, WE FOUND YOU HAD OTHER ISSUES. WE DISCUSSED AND POINTED THEM OUT AND YOU ELECTED NOT TO REPAIR AS WE SUGGESTED. I CAN ONLY DO WHAT YOU AUTHORIZE, YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE THE NEEDED REPAIRS TO CORRECT YOUR A.C. ISSUE. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO FINISH AND REPAIR YOUR A.C. SYSTEM AT A DISCOUNTED RATE. BUT ACCORDING TO THE NOTES ON YOUR INVOICE, FURTHER DIAGNOSIS IS NECESSARY. I`LL BE HAPPY TO CONTINUE THE DIAGNOSIS PROCESS AND ESTIMATE THE REPAIRS. THEN IT WILL BE UP TO YOU PAY FOR THE REPIARS. NOTE, I DID NOT BREAK YOUR SYSTEM, IT DID THAT ON IT`S OWN! IT`S UP TO YOU TO AUTHORIZE THE NECESSARY REPAIRS.

SINCERELY

JACOB D.
Long Beach, CA
02/06/2015
I Do Not Recommend This Place
A co worker recommended this place as my mechanic of 7 years has accepted a long term assignment outside of his shop and is now on a part time status. I went in for an oil change and tire rotation and they supposedly give you a free 40 point inspection with AAA. Well, it really isn't free cause they charged me $39.40 for a tire rotation. I've never paid such a ridiculous amount for a tire rotation in my life! Also, the general manager or whatever his title was, Eddie, was nice at first but once I did not want them to perform the recommended repairs after the inspection he seemed to be irritated with me. I really didn't get a good vibe from him and after reading some reviews on another site upon googling, others have complained as well. The owner Buddy was nice and I felt reassured upon entering his establishment due to all of his certificates on the wall and being AAA certified/recommended or whatever, but after the inflated price of the tire rotation, the weird gut feeling I got with Eddie, + my relative who also took his car there for service who felt the same as I did, I definitely will not be back there.

Jacob D.
Long Beach, CA
02/05/2015
I Won't Be Back
A co worker recommended this place as my mechanic of 7 years has accepted a long term assignment outside of his shop and is now on a part time status. I went in for an oil change and tire rotation and they supposedly give you a free 40 point inspection with AAA. Well, it really wasn't free cause they charged me $39.40 for a tire rotation. I've never paid such a ridiculous amount for a tire rotation in my life! Also, the general manager or whatever his title was, Eddie, was nice at first but once I did not want them to perform the recommended repairs after the inspection he seemed to be irritated with me. I really didn't get a good vibe from Eddie from the get go. The owner Buddy was really nice and I felt reassured upon entering his establishment due to all of his certificates on the wall and being AAA certified/recommended, etc. but after the inflated price of the tire rotation, the weird vibe I got with Eddie, + my relative who also took his car there for service who felt the same as I did, I definitely will not be back there.

MATTHEW C.
Isuzu Trooper
01/08/2015
Beware $98.50 diagnostic fee!
Have used often in years past. It seems that in recent times, since most recent move, prices have gone up. Took in twice recently and got no work done, but paid $98.50 diagnostic fee both times. This did not count towards any future work! Not happy having to pay this just to tell me what's wrong.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 01/10/2015

MATT, THERE ARE TIMES IN MY 40 YEAR PROFFESIONAL CAREER THAT A CUSTOMER HAS DISSAPPOINTED ME AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM, I`LL NOT ONLY EXPLAIN WHY, I`LL EDUCATED ON AN INDUSTRY THAT YOU FEEL, IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE PAID FOR SERVICES RENDERED. UNTILL 10 MONTHS AGO, I HAVE NOT SEEN YOU FOR OVER 5 YEARS. WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT ME DO YOU FAVORS WHEN YOU HAVE NO LOYALITY. EXCLUDING THE 15K HOIST YOU WERE ON, I USED 3K WORTH OF SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT TO ISOLATE YOUR ISSUE/ISSUES, HIGH TECH NOISE AMPS, WHICH I`M SURE THE SHOP YOU`VE TOLD ME YOU`VE BEEN GOING TO DOES NOT HAVE. LET`S INCLUDE THE HOIST FIGURE. THE HOIST YOU WERE ON COST 15K!! I PERSONALLY SPENT 3 HOURS ON YOUR VEHICLE DIAGNOSING 3 ISSUES. MOST THE TIME THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FEES OF 98.50 EACH. THIS IS HOW I STAY IN BUSINESS PAYING LIABILITY INS., WORKERS COMP,ETC. AND HAVING STATE OF THE ART EQUIPMENT, I`VE MADE THAT INVESTMENT AND AM LICENSED IN ALL 10 AREAS OF MY INDUSTRY BECAUSE I AM AN EXPERT. MAYBE IF YOU HAD ME REPAIR YOUR PROBLEMS OR MAINTAIN YOUR VEHICLES, YOU WANT NOT HAVE THESE ISSUES. MY CUSTOMER BASE EXCEED 3K FOR A REASON. DEALERSHIPS, WHO CHARGE 150PER HOUR CONTRACT ME TO FIND THRE PROBLEMS. IF I WERE AN ATTORNEY, WELL I`M SURE YOUR AWARE OF BILLABLE HOURS! I OFFER SENIOR DISCOUNTS, AAA DISCOUNTS AND MUCH MORE ON REPAIRS. I DO MY PART TO HELP PEOPLE, LIKE I`VE TRIED TO HELP YOU. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, YOU WANTED ME TO INSTALL YOUR USED PARTS!! I`M NOT A SWAP MEET OR WORK LIKE THE OTHER SHOPS YOU`VE BEEN LOYAL TOO. YOU`VE HAD BE DIAGNOSE AND THEN WENT TO OTHER SHOPS FOR REPAIRS. I HOPE YOU GET YOUR BRAKES FIXED AND HAVE THEM INSPECT EVERY OIL CHANGE LIKE YOU SHOULD, I HOPE YOU GET YOUR TRANSMISSION REBUILT AND HAVE IT FLUSHED EVERY 30K LIKE YOU SHOULD AND I HOPE YOU GET YOU DIFFERENTIAL REPAIRED, AGAIN, BY THE SAME FACILITY THAT HAS INSTALLED USED PARTS. I FEEL YOU DESERVE EACH OTHER. I THINK IT`S SAFE TO ASSUME, THAT I WON`T BE SEEING YOU IN ANOTHER FIVE YEARS EXPECTING MY EXPERTISE FOR FREE. IN MY 40YEARS IN BUSINESS I`VE HAD TO INFORM TWO CUSTOMER THAT THEY ARE NOT WELCOME BACK, YOU ARE THE 3RD. I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROBLEMS, I THINK THEY ARE MORE THAN JUST YOUR CAR ISSUES!