Ashton B.
Ford Thunderbird
10/24/2017 Category: Service
Ashton said he didn't like their service. He stated he felt they overcharged for the fuel pump and the work they did. The staff tried to up-sell him on things he didn't need and their pricing was outrageous. Their technician was extremely rude and said a lot of things he didn't approve of. His vehicle still isn't running properly.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 11/09/2017

MR. ASHTON, I`M SORRY THAT YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE AT BUDDYS AUTO REPAIR.  IN 40 YEARS OF BUSINESS, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY STANDARD TO INSURE ALL CLIENTS ARE TREATED PROFFESIONALY AND WITH RESPECT. AS FAR AS MY , AS YOU STATED, OVER CHARGING. MY LABOR RATE IS $98.50 AND HOUR. THE OTHER DAY I WAS AT THE FORD DEALERSHIP AND THERE LABOR RATE IS $150.00 PER HOUR. MY LABOR CHARGES ARE VERY FAIR AND COMPETITIVE. ABOUT YOUR UPSALE CONCERN: WE RECOMMEND CERTAIN SERVICES WITH CERTAIN ISSUES. NOT ONLY TO PROTECT YOU BUT TO PROTECT US. IF WE DO NOT RECOMMEND WHAT`S NECESSARY AND IF AN ISSUE OCCURS I`M TO BLAME, I`M THE PROFFESIONAL, UNLIKE THE INDIVIDUAL WHO TRIED TO REPAIR YOUR CAR PRIOR TO US. I`M SORRY IF MY TECHNICIAN WAS RUDE TO YOU. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND I`VE DISCUSSED WITH HIM THAT I HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE IN THAT AREA! FOR THIS YOU HAVE MY SINCEREST APOLOGY.

Corrine S.
05/07/2016 Category: Service
Corrine said she went to this business for a battery. An employee told her it was going to be a two hour wait but they found out they did not have the battery for her vehicle. She ended up stuck at the facility. They did charge her vehicle to get her to the next facility. She would not recommend this business for service.

Judi C.
Vista, CA
08/14/2015 Category: Service
Judi said this business told her a lot of things on the vehicle needed to be repaired. She took it to two other facilities and was told she did not need all of the repairs they told her they did.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 08/17/2015

MS. CLARK, I WAS UPSET AT YOUR ACUSATIONS AND WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN. AS A AAA FACILITY, I AM MANDATED TO WARRANTY OUR WORK FOR 2YRS OR 24K. IF I WAS TRYING TO SELL YOU ITEMS YOU DID NOT NEED, I WOULD HAVE SOLD YOU A FUEL PUMP. DO TO US DOING DUE DILEGENCE, WE RECCOMEND AS WE ARE DIAGNOSING WHAT MAINTANANCE IS REQUIRED. WHOEVER HAS BEEN MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE, PRIOR TO ME, HAS NOT DONE YOU ANY FAVORS. I`M GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO MAKE IT HOME AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. YOUR HUSBAND ROLED THE DICE ON THE FUEL FILTER AND I WILL STAND BY OUR FINDINGS THAT YOU SHOULD DO AS I SUGGESTED. I AM A PROFESSIONAL AND ANYTHING I RECCOMEND IS WARRANTED, REGARDLESS WHAT ANYONE SAYS. IN THE PAST, I HAVE DONE AS THE CONSUMER ASKED AND WHEN THEY STILL HAVE ISSUES, THEY TELL ME I`M THE PROFESSIONAL WHY DIDN`T I TELL THEM OTHERWISE. DAMNED IF YOU DO AND DAMNED IF YOU DON`T! GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO SERVE YOU!

angel m.
09/06/2014
Do it a second time.
Every time we had something done we had to bring it back a second time because the parts gave out.

MARY C.
Mitsubishi Galant
08/17/2014
ok
Its a good place if you are looking to spend most of your money on labor. The parts they use are good but in my opinion they over charge in labor. And even the staff is polite and does try to hell you $$$,I still feel like I got worked out of my money by the staff using reversed psychology and telling me if you dont do it now, and accident can happen, if you wait dont use the car because it will be worse. Got a second opinion by a different mechanic shop and they even told me it wasnt as bad, as they made it seem. But for each its own.
BUDDY H. from Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 08/19/2014

MS. CANTORAN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW, ALTHOUGH NOT GOOD. I HOPE I`M ABLE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND OUR POSITION. YES, WE ARE IN BUSINESS. AFTER 30 PLUS YEARS AND 4 THOUSAND CUSTOMERS, SOMEONE IS BOUND TO BE UNHAPPY FOR SOME REASON. WE DO NOT PRACTICE SCARE TACTICS TO GAIN SALES, WE TELL IT LIKE IT IS WITH INTEGRITY. I AM CERTIFIED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA IN BRAKES, THE GENTLEMAN WHO TOLD YOU THE BRAKES WERE NOT BAD I`M SURE IS NOT! I`M ALSO SURE HE DOES NOT PAY FOR WORKERS COMP AND OR LIABILITIE COVERAGE AND ALL THE NECESSARY EXPENSENSE TO MAINTAIN A 5 STAR FACILITY LIKE ME. BRAKES AND TIRES ARE A SERIOUS ISSUE NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. NOT JUST YOURS, BUT PEDESTRIANS WELL BEING ARE AT STAKE. MY LABOR RATE IS $98.50 PER HOUR, YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE WERE ON MY HOIST FOR OVER 3 AND 1/2 HOURS, THE LABOR CHARGED IS GENERATED BY A FLAT RATE MANUAL AND WAS MORE THAN FAIR, I`M SORRY YOU FEEL I`M JUST IN FOR THE MONEY. I DO PLENTY OF CHARITY WORK FOR THE LESS FORTUNATE, PRO BONO. I HOPE YOU TAKE OUR ADVISE AND REPLACE YOUR BALD TIRES AND RENEW YOUR FRONT BRAKES THAT ARE METAL TO METAL, BY A LICENSED FACILITY. I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE NEED TO WORK WITH-IN THERE FINANCES. I HOPE I HAVE EDUCATED YOU AND AM WILLING TO EDUCATE THE MECHANIC AND TRAIN HIM IN BRAKES IF YOU SO DESIRE, HE DID YOU NO FAVOR, BUT ONLY TOLD YOU WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR. IF I CAN ASIST YOU IN ANYWAY DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL.

CR
Carol R.
Santa Ana, CA
Kia Spectra
07/31/2012 Category: Service
Carol said she only had a diagnostic performed and did not agree with the results. She took her vehicle to another business for a second opinion.