Overall Rating 3.3/5Overall Rating 3.3/5Overall Rating 3.3/5Overall Rating 3.3/5Overall Rating 3.3/5

LL
Leroy L.
Auburn, NY
01/16/2020 Category: Service
Clearing up my misdirected criticism
I recently had my 2017 Sonata Sport towed to Burdick Hyundai because I had experienced the "flashing check engine light/limp mode" side effect of the recent recall. This breakdown occurred the Thursday before Christmas, and I had the car towed to the dealership the next day. The repair/reset was taken care of immediately and I was able to pick the car up that Saturday afternoon. My previously poor review should have been directed to those who are responsible for this issue to begin with, and I apologize for any bad reflection upon Burdick Hyundai; they are obviously caught in the middle of this and did correct the situation very, very quickly during a pre-holiday weekend.

01/16/2020 Category: Service
Very worried about the stability of this product!
Still waiting for the other "shoe to drop".
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 01/16/2020

I will be in touch soon.

Michael R.
Liverpool, NY
02/23/2018 Category: Service
The response doesn't even address the initial complaint.
The point of my complaint wasn't that I was hiding in the waiting area. I wasn't. I wanted the service to be completed and then to be called. I expected a call within about an hour (as that's a reasonable amount of time for the appointment to take place.) I made a specific type of appointment and I asked for specific services. It's not my fault that the people behind the counter don't ever check their computers or don't understand the reasoning behind making an 8AM WAITING APPOINTMENT and asking to be called on my phone as soon as it's completed.

There is an online service, but no one bothers checking it. Heck, I shouldn't even have to answer the questions about mileage/make/etc.--it's all right there. I already filled out all of the information. Why am I delivering the SAME information again? What is the point of having an online service at all if nobody is interested in looking at it? In the end, I had to wait an extra hour, endure the rude behavior of the people behind the counter, and then they didn't even do everything I asked for online because they couldn't be bothered.

No worries. Lesson learned. Recalls aside, I don't intend to have the service department look at my vehicle from now on if it can be avoided. I'll just go elsewhere for oil changes and inspections.

02/23/2018 Category: Service
Terrible Service
The two men at the desk didn't even bother to look at what was scheduled online. They didn't give me what I requested. They didn't begin working on my car at 8am, despite my appointment being scheduled at 8am as a 'waiting' appoitment. I had to come back and request them start working on my car (they didn't call me for an hour and a half). They were unpleasant and argued about the nature of my appointment--until I made one of the men look online and he said, "Maybe you are right."
WILLIAM R. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 02/26/2018

Hello,i'm sorry for the confusion on your appointment. ray asked you if you were waiting and you said just call me when it is finished. he did not know you were waiting in the area. thank you for your understanding.

KT
Kristen T.
Baldwinsville, NY
2015 Hyundai Elantra
05/03/2017 Category: Service
Updated Review
Upon receiving notice in a response to my review that I would be given a call on Monday I waited. However, I did not get a phone call until Tuesday (May 9) at 6:50 pm.

As I was unable to answer at that time I called back Wednesday morning and got the answering machine so I left a message. No one returned my call. I called again on Thursday, left another message, and received no call back. Friday I called a third time, was put on hold for 8 minutes before I hung up in an effort to try again later.

Upon calling again later I and was finally connected. But told on the phone that I would just need to bring it in so they could check why the check tire light was on. So at this point I was more than 2 weeks since my initial appointment and a resolution for my problem.

Totally unacceptable, after receiving so little communication or effort to help me I took it to a different mechanic. He looked at my tires and informed me that they were put on by someone who didn't even bother to check the pressure before sending me on my way. The PSI was 13 for 2 of my tires. For a car that needs each to be at 33 psi.

Not only is this unacceptable, as I brought it in specifically to have my snow tires switched to my summer tires, with the expectation they would be filled and balanced, but it is totally unsafe.

I will not be returning.

05/03/2017 Category: Service
Don't ask for more than one thing, it's too complicated.
I brought in my vehicle for three things. I needed an updated inspection, an oil change, and my snow tires removed and switched back to my regular tires. So I am not happy that only 1 of those things were done correctly.

My tire pressure alert light in the console of my car has been on since I picked it up. I expected after I drove for a little while it would turn off on its own, thinking the vehicle just needed to adjust to the new tires. However after a week it is still on, which will require me to make an additional appointment (somewhere else, you can guarantee that), spend more money, and be inconvenienced about having to find a time to drop of my car and find alternative transportation.

I also asked for my oil changed. No sticker was placed in my car about when I need to bring it back for another. Was the change even done?

I am extremely disappointed with the service I recieved and would appreciate a phone call confirming that my oil was changed and a solution to my tire pressure alert.
WILLIAM R. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 05/05/2017

Hello Kristen,i'm sorry you are not happy with your service visit. i will call you monday and see what i can do for you. thank you.

Clay, NY
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
04/04/2017 Category: Service
One hour does not mean good service.
Waite experience. Never go there. I have called Hyundai and asked them to remove this dealership. They never honor your appointment and cancel things at last minute.

04/04/2017 Category: Service
Worst service advisors.
I never go this place unless it is warranty or recall work. The service advisor is the worst and can't be bothered. Short and rude.
WILLIAM R. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 04/04/2017

Hello,i reviewed your repair order 199960 and found your were here for 1 hour. i sorry if you think the service advisor is short and rude. can you please tell me how he was rude to you? a one does not seem like a fair score when the work was done on time and correctly. thank you

03/28/2017 Category: Service
GREAT
GREAT

03/28/2017 Category: Service
EASY & FRIENDLY
HOPEFULLY WE CAN WORK AGAIN IN 3 YRS
WILLIAM R. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 03/29/2017

Hello, i see that you have answered yes to the survey questions but only gave us a 3 star rating. i'm hoping nothing was wrong and you would be able to score a 5 star. thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Sherry B.
Canastota, NY
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/27/2016 Category: Service
I thought I gave them a 5 star rating - sorry if it did not come back as that. Awesome place to do business with.
I thought I gave them a 5 star rating - sorry if it did not come back as that. Burdick is an Awesome place to do business with.

06/27/2016 Category: Service
Nice and friendly
Bought a new 2016 and was turning in my old 2012 so I could get my mileage rebate for the last time. DIdn't take anytime at all - did have a recall - said they would have to do that also before I got my rebate. Everything went smoothly. Great place
WILLIAM R. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 06/29/2016

Hello Sherry, i'm glad your service was so good. i'm not sure but you gave us a low rating and i think you wanted to give us a high 5 star rating. you can correct this if you would like to by rescoring your rating. thank you,bill

Craig S.

Clay, NY
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
04/02/2020 Category: Service
Cars and Caronavirus
Was greeted by an employee with a mask on, kept my social distance (behind the taped line) at the service dept., and ultimately had great service.
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 04/03/2020

Mary H.
Good service once again
Oil change appointment , I was on time and they were ready for the car, always a pleasure to work with Bill in the service department & always a good experience for service & expedient service as well
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 03/25/2020

Richard M.
Cicero, NY
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
RJM
Great experience with the Service Department. Very professional with Ray and Steve taking care again as always.
Thanks for everything
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 03/24/2020

Richard S.
East Syracuse, NY
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
03/24/2020 Category: Service
Great service & personnel.
Ray was able to get me in when I wanted and serviced the vehicle very quickly. Always a pleasure dealing with Ray and Bill, who run a very efficient operation.
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 03/24/2020

2019 Hyundai Kona
03/18/2020 Category: Service
Professional
Very professional and quick.
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 03/19/2020

FM
Frank M.
North Syracuse, NY
2016 Hyundai Elantra
03/14/2020 Category: Service
Friendly, Fast Service and they do not try to sell you something every time you go in for service.
This is an excellent dealership. I have never been led astray with any service that was needed. The staff is knowledgeable and listen to any issue you have. I would always recommend this dealership as they know how to treat a customer.
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 03/16/2020

Verona Beach, NY
03/13/2020 Category: Service
Great service work and knowledgable service manager
Ray is an excellent service manager
DANIEL J B. from Burdick Hyundai responded on 03/16/2020

PF
Patrick F.
03/10/2020 Category: Service
These guys really are the best
Hyundai made the car, these keep it right, and if ya work odd hours like me the shuttle and loaner car helps you get service when you need it.

Burdick is best imho