C & D Automotive Service Inc

David M.
08/04/2018
Don't waste you're money
Don't confuse these guys for an actual mechanic who can diagnose your issues. These guys will guess what's wrong with it and have you spend thousands of dollars of your money throwing parts at it until they are tired of it and still not fix your car. Only to be stranded without a vehicle with ac for your newborn son. Let's start out with the beginning. I told him that I have searched online trying to find the best auto shop around and yours has the best reviews so I went to you. Can you diagnose the issue with my van. He told me he could. I believed him and an hour later he calls me telling me all the parts I needed which amounted to 1750. That was a fast diagnoses but I originally thought these guys are good! I asked him would this absolutely fix my issue. He said yes. I drove it away and immediately found the issue unfixed. I drove it straight back and he told me it was likely a catalytic converter and that he's got a guy who can put one in for me for cheap. I'll text you the number for him. I'm feeling cheated at that moment and on the drive home I just thought how could this guy have such great reviews? Then I get a call from him 10 min after I left asking me to come back to make sure it was the catalytic converter and not something else. That's when I thought that he is a good guy and he's going to make good on it and actually fix it this time bc why else would such great reviews. Well a week later after calling him every other day for an update which was met with"we haven't had time to look at it yet" he finally called to tell me that it's going to cost 700 to fix it this time. I said go ahead I just need it fixed. When I picked up the van he wanted to show me that it ran great. We went for a drive where he was the one driving and started to floor it multiple times. I was uncomfortable with him doing that with my vehicle. He kept saying how much more power it has now. Im sitting here thinking that I'm 27 with two kids and a van..... I don't care about power and how fast it can go. I literally told him that I dont care about the power I just care that it's fixed and reliable. He even tried to get me to floor it which I wouldn't. So I was happy that it was working until the next day when I started it up and it stalled on me. But then cranked up and didn't have the issue for the rest of the day. I called him and told him that the same issue I started with before is back again and I'm worried that it's going to get bad again like before I even brought it to him. He told me to clean the air intake thing. I'm dumbfounded bc thats one of the first things and cheapeast things to do in the first place so why didn't they do it first place before having me spend all this money on parts. The very next day I drive the van to drop off my baby at daycare and the thing stalls right on the road while driving.. the same issue I had before bringing it to him. I call him and he tells me to also clean the egr valve. I don't have time to work on my van nor do I have the tools. Which is ironic since I could've had every tool I needed instead of wasting all that money on parts I didn't need. I'm watching YouTube now trying to learn how to do these things bc I have no more money to waste with these guys trying to fix it. And if it is a simple fix with the egr valve or the idle air intake why isn't it the first things they checked and fixed? I wouldn't recommend bringing your vehicle to this shop unless you know exactly what's wrong with it and just have them put that part on for you. Otherwise they are going to clean your pockets out then tell you to do the work yourself

PT
Paul T.
Texas
Cadillac SRX
01/15/2018 Category: Service
Paul said the staff did a good job. They were good and honest guys.

marlin b.
01/13/2018
Excellant work
Being a customer for over twenty years I have never had a problem with work performed here

James L.
Colleyville, TX
01/13/2018
All I needed was. a Thermostat
On the way home Thursday night my heater was only blowing cold air.

I tried everything. Turned up the temperature level on my dash, raised and lowered the blower fan, cracked my driver’s side window,
Still nothing but cold air.

I stopped at the grocery after my 25 minute ride & thought well maybe it will be better on my 15 ride home. Still cold air.

Friday morning after my 30 minute drive to the Cadillac dealer in 26 degree weather they service writer said,

, “Since you have over 150 thousand miles on your STS we recommend another radiator flush, new hoses or it might be that you have a vacuum leak and the system is not adjusting the plenum boxes correctly. Leave it here, but I can’t promise you we can get it back today.”

I called my coworker to see if she could come pick me up and she said

“Let me call Jim Davis at C&D and see if he has time to check out your car.” They told her to have me just come to their new location

Not knowing where Egg Farm road was I used the Goggle maps app to take me to their shop about 2 minutes off of Hwy. 377 where Kelller & Fort Worth overlap Told Mr. Davis my predicament and he said, it’s probably your thermostat. Take a seat in the waiting room, please. We are just finishing up on another car and as soon as yours has a chance to cool off we can check it out

In less than an hour he comes in the waiting room and says, we chsnged out the thermostat, your coolant looked good to us, your hoses are good, you’re ready to go

Thank you guys for a job well done for a fair price.

He said we also checked out your air cleaner it looked ok but you might need new brake pads in the next few moths

I’ll return to them because of their knowledge of what I needed done & what I DIDN’t need done.

Thanks Jim and Jimmy

Christie S.
North Richland Hills, TX
01/12/2018
Great people great service!
C&D is the best auto shop with the most honest mechanics I have ever meet, they just did my brakes, inspected my vehicle and even gave me tire recommendations, they got my car in the same day I called and had it done within a few hours. Jim and Jim are the best! Thanks C&D! I highly recommend!
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 01/13/2018

Thank you Christie hope to see you again

GF
Gary F.
Buick LeSabre
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Gary said the staff always takes care of his problems. He trusts them to give him the right answers and not do things that don't need to be done.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 01/13/2018

Tony S.
12/20/2017 Category: Service
Tony said the business was dependable.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 12/21/2017

AG
Adam G.
Bedford, TX
Kia Spectra
12/18/2017 Category: Service
Adam said the staff at this business were up front and pleasant to deal with.

BD
Bill D.
Texas
Mercury Cougar
12/12/2017 Category: Service
Bill said Jim was excellent during his experience.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 12/21/2017

Jim R.
11/03/2017
Terrific service and better price
Jim gave me and oil change and I mentioned that jeep was pulling left. The fellas than put these cool devices on wheels and tires up a pc. The pc showed how each wheel alignec. The fronts were both in the red area and jim got the to green fast. Service great and price gteat.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 11/06/2017

Thanks Jim we hope to see you again

marlin b.
10/28/2017
Time
I was expecting a 6 to8 hour wait. I was completed in 4

Thanks Marlin you have been a great customer for over 35 yrs

KV
Kristi V.
10/27/2017 Category: Service
Kristi said this business accommodated her needs. They did a good job, were honest and their prices were fair.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 11/08/2017

Thank you Kristi hope to see you again

Dan R.
09/21/2017
Car had check engine light
quick diagnosis and repair at a good price, as always.

Jeff W.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
09/13/2017
Prompt and effient repairs.
Done on time
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 11/06/2017

Thanks Jeff hope youre feeling better

Dan S.
BMW M3
09/11/2017 Category: Service
Dan said that the business was extremely honest.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 09/13/2017

Dan it was a pleasure to serve you.  hope to do it again

SV
Sergie V.
Irving, TX
08/19/2017 Category: Service
Sergie said he had a coworker recommend this business. The owner was very honest and up front with him and gave him a really good price. She helped him out by bringing the price down and he really appreciates it.

Mike H.
Ford Expedition EL
08/19/2017 Category: Service
Mike said the employees do good work all the time.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 08/23/2017

Thank you for allowing use to service your car hope to see you again

David D.
Buick Enclave
08/12/2017 Category: Service
David said the business did a good job.

Robert B.
North Richland Hills, TX
08/10/2017
High Level of Integrity
We've been taking my sons truck to C&D Automotive for several years. Jim is knowledgeable and honest in what needs to be repaired. For many years his shop was just a couple miles from house. His new location is a bit further away but we trust him so much the distance is not a factor.
JIM D. from C & D Automotive Service Inc responded on 08/11/2017

GC
Gary C.
08/07/2017 Category: Service
Gary said the staff did as well as they could. He said he always wishes it could be more economical.