Carol S.
Ledyard, CT
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/01/2019 Category: Service
Great personnel
They checked us in and our problems found quickly.

11/01/2019 Category: Service
Writer and mechanic
They both did their jobs with a high level of professionalism and courtesy. We did not have the problems corrected due to the cost that was more than it should have been for the parts and labor. One part alone was quoted at $180 but could be purchased from a quality part vendor for only $70. I am a DIY senior citizen that is tired of working out in the weather on the gravel driveway under an automobile.

I DO NOT AGREE with your Terms of Service!
BRENT R M. from Central Hyundai responded on 11/04/2019

Hello Mr and Mrs Smith,

It was a pleasure speaking to you today about your recent visit. I am glad to hear that my staff took very good care of you as well as be professional through out your visit. We look forward to installing your control arm and alignment on wednesday. Thank you again for taking the time to talk to me and adress all of your concerns.

Brent Mattson
Central Hyundai

CK
Claudia K.
10/05/2019 Category: Service
Rescore Review
The dealership resolved my concerns and promises to be prompt with service. Thank you Central Hyundai.

10/05/2019 Category: Service
Location
No comment
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 10/07/2019

Claudia
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. It is important to us that the service provided to you here at Central is timely, and satisfactory. Normal service 90% of the time is less than an hour. This particular repair took longer. Your frustrations is understandable. Going forward your visits should only by one hour or less unless communicated prior to.
Thank you for being a valued customer, I look forward to working with you in the future.

Chelsae Dalio

2016 Hyundai Accent
10/01/2019 Category: Service

10/01/2019 Category: Service
scratch resolution
Based on satisfaction with my upcoming scratch resolution, I will give Central Hyundai a five star rating. I am unable (computer issue) to change the star rating above from 2 to 5. Every other interaction with them has been very accommodating.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 10/02/2019

Tom
As discussed on our phone conversation yesterday, we are going to be sending your vehicle out for repair. The unfortunate thing is, we don't even know how the scratches happened. But in an effort to ensure your continued satisfaction, we are going to resolve the issue. With that said, your evaluation of service was fine, and knowing the scratches are being addressed, we are requesting a re-score on your survey. Our goal with all customers is to provide 5 star service and in this case our goal is no different.
Thank you for being a valued customer of Central Hyundai and well see you when you drop off to have your scratches on your vehicle addressed.

Jewett City, CT
06/20/2019 Category: Service
How they made it right
My last review wasn't the greatest since it had taken so long for the dealership to complete my scheduled service. But a couple hours after my poor review Chelsae had reached out to me to apologize for the lengthy time it had taken. She was very sad to hear that I had only provided a 2 star rating for my visit and wanted to do everything she could to turn that around as she takes pride in her customer service.
I could tell her apology was genuine and truly wanted to make me a happy customer. Chelsae offered me a complimentary oil change, tire rotation, and a car wash as a token of their apology. I can now say that after speaking with Chelsae and her generous offer I am once again a happy customer with Central Auto Group. Thank you again Chelsae for taking the time to reach out and resolve my concerns.

06/20/2019 Category: Service
Length of time it took to complete service
This is my third time going in for my free maintenance check. I had called about 5 days prior and made my appointment Tuesday morning at 10 am. It had taken them over an hour to complete this for me, and there were no complications during the visit that would have prolonged the service. No one had checked in with me to advise there was a delay or they were running behind. The service however was done thoroughly and the staff is very friendly and polite. They do need better scheduling and better communication with their customers.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 06/21/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your experience here at Central. It is our goal to ensure all of our customers are 100% satisfied with the service provided, and when there not, we want to resolve any issue right away.
Thank you for your valued feed back. Our sincerest apologies for the long wait time you experienced. We had an unusually busy day when you were here.
Per our conversation, your next service is complimentary, and we look forward to seeing you at your next service.

Chelsae D
Hyundai Service Advisor

Lisbon, CT
05/24/2019 Category: Service
Good customer service
The girl at the counter who took my information was great. Very pleasant and once my service was complete she took the time to go over all the repairs making sure I understood.

05/24/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I really wanted the free car wash that I was told I would receive- my car was not washed.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 05/31/2019

Thank you for emailing me back. As discussed, here is the re score response. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Chelsae

Putnam, CT
2013 Hyundai Accent
11/21/2018 Category: Service
Responsive
It was nice to see a dealership be responsive and provide customer service.

11/21/2018 Category: Service
Bizarre
This visit makes me wonder if they really do inspections.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 11/21/2018

Thank you very much for speaking with me today. I am very happy that we were able to have a conversation and straighten out the light bulb situation. As I stated on the phone, you have an appointment set for Friday the 23rd, at 1:00 pm to have your light bulbs replaced complimentary. I sincerely hope your experience in my service center is much better going forward. I want you to know that we strive to provide 5 star service to all customers. I hope that by providing you with this complementarity service, that you could re-score this review appropriately.
Thank you for being a valued customer of Central Hyundai and I look forward to seeing you on Friday.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Tim Longton
Service Director
Central Hyundai.

WF
Walter F.
11/15/2018 Category: Service
Service Department
I based my review on the way Hyundai responded to my concern, not you, or your service department! My family, friends and myself have purchased a lot of automobiles from Central, service has improved greatly, too bad Hyundai hasn't!

11/15/2018 Category: Service
Will not buy another Hyundai!
DONALD P R., Service Manager from Central Hyundai responded on 11/15/2018

Walter, As I had told you when you left the first time I would call Hyundai and see what i could do for you. I had them approve the repair before you called them. I am sorry the person from Hyundai you talked to on the phone was rude to you but this survey is asking how I was for you. We have never had any problems and i always do what I can for you. The only person a 3 star review affects is me. Please re-score me and what i do for you not the car not the person that was rude to you. Thank you for your time.
(860) 564-4014

Joanne M.
Dayville, CT
2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
07/30/2018 Category: Service
Central Hyundai Service
100 % satisfaction!!! The service was great! I now understand that the oil change price was very generous, as the prices of an oil change have gone up everywhere. I will definitely use the service department at Central Hyundai again for my oil changes. I do apologize for my last review as it was not fair to the service department crew at Central Hyundai.

07/30/2018 Category: Service
Central Hyundai Service
Good service, but a bit disappointed with the price.
DONALD P R., Service Manager from Central Hyundai responded on 08/03/2018

Joanne,
     We have tried to reach you to talk about why Chelsae only got a 3 star and what we can do to service your car better. I do see you were not happy about the cost of the oil change but also see Chelsae gave you a $20.00 discount. If you could please call me so we can figure out what happened that would be great.
Thank you for your time.
860 564-4014

07/24/2018 Category: Service
Location
In and out quicker then expected

07/24/2018 Category: Service
Close by
Got in and out faster then I expected
DONALD P R., Service Manager from Central Hyundai responded on 07/24/2018

Thank you for taking the time and filling out the survey. We hope to see you again. per conversation please re-score us what you meant to. Thank you very much

Central Hyundai Service Team

Danielson, CT
01/26/2018 Category: Service
Heloful
There was an issue with my account information. The young man behind the desk helped me out tremendously with respect to fix the issue.

01/26/2018 Category: Service
DONALD P R., Service Manager from Central Hyundai responded on 01/29/2018

Thank you for filling out the survey. when you get a chance please give me a call 860 564-4014 I would like to talk to you about the survey. Thank you for your time
(860)564-4014

PB
Patricia B.
Norwich, CT
2017 Hyundai Accent
11/06/2017 Category: Service
They follow up on customer survey.
Service Manager Don he responded to my survey the next day.

11/06/2017 Category: Service
Fast Service
Service was done in a timely manner.
DONALD P R., Service Manager from Central Hyundai responded on 11/07/2017

Patricia, Thank you for filling out the survey. we learn from our mistake. with that being said we would like to apologize for not asking you to come right down to double check our work. please know we have sat down and talked about this and what we can do to keep this from happening again.

Central Hyundai Service Team

Canterbury, CT
09/14/2017 Category: Service
Hyundai Service Manager Resolved Issue
Don read my review and reached out to me, offering to redo the detailing, and personally inspecting the car afterwards. The car was spotless when I picked it up. Great follow up!

09/14/2017 Category: Service
Detailing service was disappointing
After spending approx $200 on detailing my expectation that drink spills on console would be removed. They were not and crumbs were still present in stick shift leather and cup holders
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 09/15/2017

Thank you for letting us know what happened. I would like to make the offer to have the entire detailing redone at no charge to you. We will provide you with a loaner car while we are having it detailed for a second time, and the vehicle will be inspected by the service manager before it is delivered back to service for you.
Our apologies for our re-con department not performing at there best, and we hope that you can give us the opportunity to take care of this for you. We also hope that you will consider re-scoring this review once you are satisfied with the service received.
Our Service Manager Don will be reaching out to you today to make this offer to you. Feel free to contact us if you miss the phone call.
We look forward to hearing from you.

860 564 4014

TN
Tyler N.
Griswold, CT
08/28/2017 Category: Service
oil change and inspection
I don't want a trainee working on my car I brought 2 cars into you within 2 weeks and I had to bring them in for a second redo I'm sorry I'm too upset. also your trainee put too much oil in my car aside from the loose oil plug also my tires were not rotated on the elantra I marked them to see

08/28/2017 Category: Service
neaby
oil plug loose
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 08/30/2017

Mrs. Noble
As I had communicated to you on the phone a couple days ago, you were asked to bring the vehicle in right away so we could double check the entire service and ensure everything was ok. You had told me that you could not come in until next week. Let me make you the offer again. At your earliest convenience, please stop in and we will double check the service provided and ensure the job was completed correctly and if not correct it on the spot. The new lube tech that performed the oil change on your vehicle has been spoken to as I promised you on the phone, and he is now being double checked on every vehicle he works on by a master tech.
After speaking with you on the phone, I was left with the impression you and I came to an understanding and you were coming in when you found the time to do so. I am now surprised to read this review after our long conversation and can't help but wonder why you felt the need to post this. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to ensure your satisfaction going forward, I can not correct your concern if you were not willing to come back in to allow us to do so.
Again, I want to be very clear, I have asked you and still would like you to bring he vehicle in so it can be double checked and corrected if need be. I request that you re-score us on this review, I believe it to be unfair after everything we spoke about and offered to you. Please call me if you have any questions or concerns, Like I stated in our conversation a few days ago, you are a valued customer and we would take care of any issue you have with your service.
I look froward to hearing from you.

Tim L
Service Director
Central Hyundai.

Moosup, CT
2012 Hyundai Elantra To
01/20/2017 Category: Service
Give them credit for trying to fix it
As stated in my previous review. Three are some that really try hard to fix missed steps and questionable motives of the sales people. The Service Manager is currently working hard to correct the issues with my car; I really appreciate that greatly. There were some major items that were not revealed to me as problems when I bought my used car (timing belt and serpentine belt) by the salesperson. In addition, when the car was under warranty I brought to the attention of the salesperson and the service department a sway bar problem and cabin air filter problem that was producing a terrible smell amongst some other issues. Neither was acknowledged, but now some 9-10 months later they are now things that need to be done in addition to 2 new tires that doesn't make sense, since they supposedly put 4 new tires on the car when I bought it (At least that is what I was told). It's disappointing to say the least, but I hope they make this right.

01/20/2017 Category: Service
Buyer Beware!
Be careful of bringing your car to Central Hyundai or taking your car there to be serviced. The service department does not deal fairly with you and the sales department people can be very dishonest. There are a few people that try to do right by customers, but my advise is buyer beware!
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 01/21/2017

We are very sorry to hear that your buying experience was not satisfactory and you feel this way. Please know that our service department will do everything in their power to help you with this situation. The Hyundai service manager will be in contact with you to attempt to resolve this. Please be expecting his call. His name is Marc.
We sincerely hope we can help you rectify this problem. We want nothing more than to make sure you are 100% satisfied with the service and repairs you receive from Central Hyundai Service.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Marc Charron
Hyundai Service Manager
860 564 4014

Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 01/24/2017

The Hyundai Service Manager is attempting to reach you. Please be expecting his call. if you missed it, please contact him directly by calling 860 564 4014 and ask for Marc in Hyundai Service. He will do everything in his power to assist you with your situation. It is in you best interest to contact him. he will make something happen for you.
Thank you for being a valued customer and we hop that you will be able to re-score us a fair score after speaking with Marc.

Mark B.
10/27/2016 Category: Service
Promised some compensation in the future.
Had a lengthy discussion with the service manager who was very understanding of my concerns with service visits this year. Hyundai rules govern how a dealership is compensated for warranty parts and repairs. A compromise was negotiated and accepted.

10/27/2016 Category: Service
Trust, or lack thereof!
This visit improved slightly over the July visit where a cabin filter was recommended but had already been replaced just hours before the service appointment. Therefore I question the validity of needing a front end alignment this visit. In retrospect it's plausible an alignment is required given our January visit prompted a bad strut that was replaced. Perhaps riding around for 8 months with one new strut and one original strut caused the misalignment. In hindsight, changing both struts would have been the proper repair and recommended by any service station. I've purchased three vehicles from this dealership and based on my most recent experiences the Sonata will be the last.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 10/27/2016

Mark
After reviewing your file and speaking with the tech, your cabin filter was recommended based on mileage, not condition. If the tech were to go in to replace it and realized it was new, he would have stopped and reported that it had already been replaced. We do not replace service items just to replace them. I hope you understand and believe this because it is the truth.
As far as an alignment recommendation, not only should an alignment be performed on any car, every 12 months, "recommended by any manufacture" but your tires are showing signs of uneven wear. This is the reason for the recommendation.
It is our job and our responsibility to report our inspections findings to you so that you may have the ability to make your decision on real facts. if we were to service your car and not tell you it needed tires or brakes or anything for that matter, it would upset you as it should and you would lose all faith in our ability to service your vehicle.
It is your choice to choose not to have the inspection done, all you would have to do is let the advisor know that you do not want the inspection performed. And we will forward this request to the tech.
But just so you are aware, when we service any customers vehicle, we perform a full multi point inspection on all cars and report our findings. It is our job. Like any person we are not prefect but we do try very hard to do complete inspections and report findings to our customers. We do this as a courtesy to our customers so they are fully aware of their vehicles condition.
We offer you the same service if you would like to continue to service here. We sincerely hope you do and will do everything in our power to ensure a quality service and inspection.
Thank you for your valued feedback. We appreciate your business.

Hyundai Service Team