GMC Terrain
12/05/2019
Best place that I have found in Charleston
This was the first car me and my wife bought after getting married and cant believe how Rick Hendricks treated me on that day with oil change and then again when the motor needed to be replaced. They said we missed a lot of oil changes that's why General Motors would not replace the motor. That is a lie. We have it done before the recommended mileage. Got paperwork showing I brought the car to them about 6 times over about 3yrs because the engine light was on and a noise coming from the front of the motor. The first time being within a month of them doing a recall on the timing chain the first year having the car. We would get the car back with paperwork showing that they could not hear any noise and the check engine light would be off. I also got paperwork showing that I brought It to them for a oil change and they say lack of maintenance ( not changing oil / oil black ) They change the oil and do 1700$ work to the motor. Not even 3 weeks later we bring the car in cause we were going on vacation and they tell us there is a tapping noise coming from the front of the engine and it needs a new motor... lack of maintenance ( not changing oil / oil black ) when they were the ones that changed the oil 3 weeks prior. Could not believe what I was hearing because the extended warranty just went 3months ago and how many times I brought the car to them complaining about the tapping noise coming from the front of the motor. Got back from vacation and drove the car home cause be didn't have 9000$ to replace the motor when we just paid 18000 for it no 3yr prior. Got home and gas was pouring out of the bottom of the engine. Bring it back and they forgot to attach the gas line in the motor. The car set in the driveway for two yrs. Its still worked and sounded like it had always sounded but we bought my wife a car so she didn't have to drive the GMC. After saving money I was recommended Charleston Auto Repair and brought the car to them. There is a guy retired military guy there that went to school for General Motors and knew a lot about the car and tells me a lot of things that Rick Hendricks has not addressed. He says the motor does not be replaced and gives me a list of things they should have done and things that was caused by not being fixed properly. (Charleston Auto Repair didn't even charge me and he looked at the car for over a hour) and I go straight to Rick Hendricks to talk to a manager wanting to know some answers to why a lot of these thing was not fixed or fixed properly. They take the car after I tell them all the thing the guy told me and because mad I was. lol They call 2days later and say the motor does not need to be replace and didn't know why that technician at the time said it did but it will coast 1700 to fix it. They call back 2days later and say it needs a new motor that there is a lot of damage to the motor and by repairing all the thing it would be over the coast of a new motor and they would give me a deal because of how the situation was. I agreed because at this point I just wanted to get the car fixed and never have nothing to do with them again. They put a new motor in for 7000 total. If I would of had a little more money at the time I would have gotten Charleston Auto Repair to do it and wish I could have waited until I did. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a trustworthy and knowledgeable place here in Charleston. The peanut man is just across the road too. I will always go to this place for now on.

I was at Rick Hendricks Chevrolet for a oil change for 5hrs. Everyone in front of me and that was behind that was their for a oil change had already gotten their cars and gone. I got up from the waiting room after waiting 3 and a half hour. I paid and got the paper work and was told they would bring it around. I go out side and wait for another 1hr. Wend back in to talk to maintenance in the back where I paid and he told me that the person that is changing my oil is new and training. What? I said well you need to go ahead and fire him cause I have been here for almost 4hr for a oil change. The guy says "if we fire him you will never get your oil changed" ….. I walked away so agree and could not believe what I just heard. Went back out and waited for another 30min. They started locking up the place then I went back in to talk to a manager and told him I have been here for 5hrs for a oil change, that the guy in the back told me there was a guy they were training and I already paid and got my paperwork and was told they were bring the car around but I'm still waiting on them to bring my car around and they are now locking up the place. WTF is going on. We walk to the back and he walks away to find out about my car while in could not believe how long I have been there at this point. Comes back and says it will be 20min. and they will pull the car around and he was sorry for the wait.

SHREKA C.
12/04/2019
Loved it
I really appreciate the service I received. It was speedy and affordable. They did exactly what I asked in the time they provided. I will be taking my car back for other services in the future. Thank you guys!

Jacob W.
Jeep Compass
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Jacob said they are great and efficient. He was in and out at a fast pace.

Acura MDX
11/15/2019
Prompt, courteous service
Sean and Marty were delightfully courteous. Service was provided quickly at a reasonable price. Facility was comfortable and clean.

Jody C.
11/13/2019 Category: Service
Jody said the service was quick and done right.

WF
Wayne F.
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Wayne said the employees fixed the problem.

Jared W.
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Jared said the staff did a good job and they did it quickly. He added that the price is good and they are friendly.

LT
LANCE T.
11/08/2019
First Rate
The people and service there are exceptional. There are lots of big chains out there where you can get service work, tires, etc, but this business really believes in customer service. They don’t sell you things you don’t need, and they go the extra mile.

Charleston, SC
Mitsubishi Pickup
10/17/2019
Highly recommend
Fixed the problem. Didn't overcharge. Only recommend additional work if it is truly needed. I totally trust them.

Beth H.
10/15/2019 Category: Service
Beth said the business was very professional. They completed the job on time and she is very pleased with the outcome. Shawn was good to work with and very knowledgeable.

CHERYL B.
10/12/2019
always available when needed
always able to schedule routine maintenance as well as problem visits

thanks guys

ST
Steve T.
Dodge Aspen
10/11/2019 Category: Service
Steve said that they are very good. He brought in his vehicle and they fixed some extra stuff, too.

Jimmy K.
Charleston, SC
10/10/2019 Category: Service
Jimmy said they couldn't have performed any better service. He took his vehicle in right away and it was finished the next day. The service was fast and professional work. He said they did a super job.

CAMERON B.
10/04/2019
Super helpful
Literally as I was backing out of the driveway to head out of town for a camping trip I discovered that my rear door would not latch shut. I called the dealer and two other mechanics and they both blew me off saying they had no appointments for weeks. I called Charleston Auto Repair and they were super understanding and told me to bring the car by. He tried to fix the door but couldn’t. A new lock had to be ordered. They had it fixed in two days. We took another car on the trip but it was nice to know mine was being stored inside the garage and then repaired while I was away. Bottom line, they did great work at a fair price and showed me some true TLC. They have earned my business!

Mary S.
10/04/2019 Category: Service
Mary said that she has been there before. All the people are very nice, especially Marty and Sean. The work was done speedily and she appreciates them.

LD
Laura D.
09/30/2019 Category: Service
Laura said they answered all her questions and did what she needed them to do at this business.

RA
Robert A.
Lexus GX 470
09/28/2019 Category: Service
Robert said they were good and close to home.

Ram Pickup
09/26/2019
Customer service
Fast customer service, dependable and quality work

PM
PAUL M.
Dodge Dart
09/19/2019
Will Definitely Go Back !
Great customer service (took my car in on same day I called) … quality workmanship and a very fair price … what more could you ask for !

CD
Constance D.
Ram Pickup
09/16/2019 Category: Service
Constance said the business took a really long time, but everything was all right.