Chuck Olson Chevrolet

Latest Review about 2 years ago

Thunder M. on 10/15/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Tried Switch and Bait on Used Car Sale, Tuesday, I didn't bite, but here is the Real Story."
Update: I called Greg Olson, no answer. I emailed Greg Olson, no reply. I went on truecar.com. Found another Car Dealer with an attached Mechanic Shop, they had over 200 Used Cars to choose from, (5) of them Honda Crv's, all 2006 to 2009. I found a 2006 with only 77,000 miles, it was the same color as Chuck Olson's, they were asking $11,111. We negotiated over the phone, as quick sale, using my BECU pre-approval letter, the price over the phone and at the Dealership in Burien, was as agreed: $10,300.00. This was the same price, I was promised by Chuck Olson on Tuesday, but when I arrived, they tried selling me their $12,800 Honda Crv, for $12,400, when we agreed over the phone, for $10,300.00? One Automotive Dealership, yesterday, 'Auto's Only' @ 14600 1st Ave S., Burien, WA 98168 1-877-865-5218, they did, exactly as promised an more.

For whatever reason, all (3) Honda Crv's, (2) at Chuck Olson and the one, at Auto Only, had dirty Automatic Transmission Fluid, they all shifted fine, but I'm a firm believer in clean Fluids. The one, I bought, with lower mileage yesterday, wasn't as dirty as Chuck Olson's cars, but the Sales Manager, 'Carl', who is Fantastic, and his Salesperson, 'John,' who negotiated personally the price reduction and helped in a professional, respectful, courteous manner, treating my 'Lady,' like a 'Lady.'

I found Chuck Olson's staff, quite the opposite, quite 'Sarcastic?' You don't expect this, unless you're at a Comedy show, or watching, 'Seinfeld.' I don't know what happened to Chuck Olson, but I do what didn't happen yesterday at Auto's Only in Burien. After I mentioned the dirty fluid, their Technicians had the vehicle in the Air, let me watch them drain not only the Automatic Transmission Fluid, they drained the Front 4wd Differential and 4wd Transfer Case. All this was done, at no Charge. This is a $500.00 service. The vehicle I bought, also had Deluxe All Season Matching Quality Tires, not mis-matching, cheap off the shelf Tires, Chuck Olson put on their cars. Auto's Only, also had a Brand New Battery, it was already in the Vehicle, Chuck Olson's CRV's, had 3 and 5 year old, worn out Batteries?

Call 206-242-6659, ask for Terri in Finance. We had a super low, low rate with BECU, she made it even better, lower rate, lower payments, no first payment for 2+ months, amazing, they worked their Magic, and we went out, 100% satisfied, and you can't ask any better than that. (NOTE: The fact, they have (8) full Shop Service Bays, with fully staffed friendly mechanic's, who introduced themselves, showed me what they had done, I never even asked, this is over the top, Gold Star Service, done immediately and all for FREE). I give, Auto's Only in Burien a 5 Star and thank you, WEBSITE: True Car.com for making this Connection Happen. I didn't have to give them any credit card information and the cost to use True Car.com was 100% FREE.

SHAME on your CHUCK OLSON, why did you do this to us? What did you gain? If you did this to an AUTOMOTIVE PROFESSIONAL like me, what are you doing to unsuspecting BUYERS, sellers and persons who are trading in Cars. This is just plain sad. Take a lesson again in Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction, please.

Delete review
1.0 star rating 10/12/2015 Previous review BEWARE!!!! Scam, I bet, this owners comments are all lip service: Greg Olson - Owner greg@chuckolsonchev.com . (I responded to a Craigslist ad: 2007 Honda CR-v, 'Priced to Sell.') asking, $12,900.00. I called, explained to the Salesman, William, I had booked the CRV on N.A.D.A. and it came in right at $10,000 with all the options. I told him, I had found a 2006 Honda CR-v for less money, $8500.00 and it only had 85,000 miles, the Chuck Olsen Honda had exactly, 100,340 miles. William said, if he could sell it, his CR-v for $2500 less, which would have been exactly, $10,300.00 would I buy it. I said yes, I set up an appointment today @ 4pm, which I arrived early from Redmond, WA, where I live. My Fiance, wanted to buy the other Blue CR-v, because it was less money and less miles, but I assured her, buying from a Dealer would be better than I private party. Was I ever so wrong. The HOOK is to get you down, drive the car, which we did, I inspected the vehicle, completely, including the Brakes, Tires, Suspension, Exhaust, Engine, Fluids, Electrical and my lady, checked out the Exterior and Interior: We found, the Battery was three years old, and slow to start. We even showed the Salesperson, the date code, clearly written on the Battery. I also, showed the Dipstick tube fluid for the Automatic Transmission, which the fluid is supposed to be PINK in color, when worn, it's anything but PINK? Chuck Olsen Chevy just happened to have (2) 2007 Honda Crv's on their lot, side by side, both had DIRTY, brown and smelly, burn't Tranny fluid? The other CRV, the deluxe Model, was $4000.00 more, than the silver model, we were looking it, it had the Following wrong with it: The Battery was a 2011, which batteries, now a days, are good only 2 to 3 years, most O'Reilly's Batteries, are warrantied, One to Two years. Both cars, were slow to start: Having a good battery is Job #1, if it, don't start, the vehicle or electronic's won't operate; Ding #1. Ding #2, the Tires on the Deluxe CRV were from two different Manufacturers? You can't do that on a 4wd, or AWD vehicle, you will burn out the 4wd when you use it. They have to be the same size, same tread type, same make and model and worn the same, everyone knows that?

Ding #3, the switch and bait. After meeting with 'GUY' the Sales Manager, trust me, we were the only CUSTOMERS, (4) salespersons, (1) sales manager, and he takes ten minutes to write up our offer of $10,300.00, but it comes back at $12,600.00? What, and we were pre-approved with BECU for $50,000.00 credit, we had the letter and our interest rate, was 2.95% because of good credit. On his offer sheet, he's trying to sell us BECU for 4.5% and we don't need him? Typical Scam. I confronted William, we had a deal. It was $2500 off your asking price, we were pre-approved with BECU, either you could run the paperwork, or we come back with a check in full, for the price we agreed on over the phone, plus dealer handling and taxes, which would include Sales and Excise taxes.

This 'GUY' Sales Manager is the one, who ultimately sets the final price, negotiates the financing and initials the deal. He could, if he were inclined, sell it for $5000. He's the boss, we walked.

I'm not new to the Car Business. I started with J.C.Penney's in 1982. Worked as a Firestone Store Manager in Mill Creek in the 80's. Was a District Manager for Goodyear in the early 90's, but went to work, contracting for Automotive Dealerships in the Service Department to fix vehicles and work with Technicians to diagnose vehicle properly and quality control. I'm State Emission Certified, first in 1996 and again in 2013. I train Mechanic's and Technicians, I'm a little bit more than a Master Tech, but I like training both Service Advisors, Service Managers, and Shop Foreman's, how to fix cars right the first time, as agreed, and I have a 100%, no come back rule. I also, teach every employee I train, tell every customer, "yes, we can. yes, we will." It's easy, finding solutions is everything to customer service.

Obviously 'GUY' missed these meetings, in his world of SLUM, switch and bait, Car Sales and Sales Management. I generally, never deal with Sales Managers or Salespeople, when I want a car, I call and speak to the Used Car Manager, tell him what I want, how much I want to pay, come in and pay in cash or check, on the spot. Easy in and Easy out. I sadly, have to say, Chuck Olsen Chevrolet is a Joke. I've over 30 plus years, seen some good Upstanding Automotive Dealerships in the Puget Sound, and some fantastic Service Managers, Sales Managers and Owners, but Chuck Olsen has changed, for the worse. Don't buy from these Guys, as they hire CHUMPS, like GUY, who smiles, as he tries to CON YOU. I know, what a N.A.D.A. and KELLY BLUE BOOK Valuation is: Generally, I only pay, Wholesale, Loan Value or Trade in Values, but the CRV's, are worth, Low Retail, even Average Retail, when clean, not RiP OFF prices.
Sales Date: 10/13/2015
Review Created: 10/15/2015 06:41 AM
Zack L. on 10/18/2014
"What service!"
I was literally able to experience the professionalism of Chuck Olson's service staff while I worked. Amazing!
Vehicle: TOYOTA CAMRY
Review Created: 10/18/2014 09:42 AM
PAUL L. on 10/16/2014
"Perfect Service"
Easy drop off and pick up. Got an appointment when I needed it. Smooth and Convenient. Great Service Work Performed!
Vehicle: CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
Vehicle: ACURA TSX
Service Date: 10/13/2014
Review Created: 10/14/2014 02:56 PM
SHAYNA B. on 10/13/2014
"Great Customer Service "
I brought my new car in that had some minor scratches when we took upon delivery and the staff took it in and responded to getting it taken care of.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CAMARO
Sales Date: 10/09/2014
Review Created: 10/13/2014 11:20 AM
ARTHUR M. on 10/12/2014
"Prompt on my appointment for the first service of my new car"
Todd, was very helpfull with fixing some minor defects that I showed him. He was able to get it aken care of in a timely fashioon.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CORVETTE STINGRAY
Service Date: 10/08/2014
Review Created: 10/09/2014 05:43 PM
Kareem & Shayna B. on 10/08/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great Customer Service that goes above and beyond"
First off I would like to thank the Chuck Olsen Dealership for a wonderful experience in the purchase of a 2014 Camaro SS. We had the pleasure to work with Demetre who went above and beyond to help us get what we needed. Demetre upbeat spirit made the car buying purchase quite a experience and we will be back soon to purchase again.
Sales Date: 10/07/2014
Review Created: 10/08/2014 10:54 AM
JEFFERSON B. on 10/06/2014
"Attention to minor detail of the customer"
It was a real pleasure working will Bill.
Vehicle: NISSAN MAXIMA
Sales Date: 10/03/2014
Review Created: 10/06/2014 10:54 AM
RALPH R. on 10/06/2014
"Quick reponse"
We came in to schedule a minor car maintenance and test drive a Kia Soul. They were able to squeeze us in fo rthe maintenance right away, and we were quite impressed with the Soul test drive and the salesman's klnowledge on the model.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET HHR
Service Date: 10/01/2014
Review Created: 10/04/2014 10:47 AM
CHRISTOPHE P. on 10/02/2014
"No surprises"
Second car at Chuck Olson and no surprise, the second visit was as good as the first. Everybody's nice and helpful. I couldn't be more happy. Big thank you to Bill Koch:)
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CAMARO
Sales Date: 10/01/2014
Review Created: 10/02/2014 02:23 PM
CHARLISSE H. on 10/02/2014
"Excellent Service"
The sales team at Chuck Olson is very professional and provided me excellent customer service throughout my car buying experience. They went above and beyond to make my purchase a reality.
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS
Sales Date: 09/27/2014
Review Created: 10/02/2014 03:35 AM
VIANNA C. on 10/01/2014
"Chuck Olson is the best"
I had a transmission go out on my car on a busy intersection. I had my car towed to Chuck Olson because i have bought 4 cars from them and I trust them. They got my car in and dealt with the warranty. The car was brought in Monday by tow truck. They diagnosed the issue on Tuesday. Had the okay from Chevy to have it covered under warranty and I had the car back on Tuesday. They were fast and it made a stressful time alot easier on me.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET IMPALA
Service Date: 09/30/2014
Review Created: 10/01/2014 02:47 PM
DANIELS D. on 10/01/2014
"Another great work from Chuck Olson Chevrolet."
Another great work from Chuck Olson Chevrolet. Never disappoint.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CAVALIER
Service Date: 09/30/2014
Review Created: 10/01/2014 02:11 PM
TEMUJIN O. on 09/26/2014
"Customer service"
I have been treated with the utmost respect following the purchase of the vehicle. I'm very happy with the quality of follow up maintenance and care of the vehicle. Great dealership and great people.
Vehicle: GMC SIERRA 1500
Service Date: 09/24/2014
Review Created: 09/26/2014 03:48 PM
KATIE R. on 09/24/2014
"Great service and price!"
I worked with Allen Chapman on the purchase of our 2014 Suburban. He spent hours with us going through all options we were looking at (originally thinking we wanted a Tahoe). I really appreciated his patience, knowledge and no-pressure attitude. Any future Chevrolet purchases will happen at Chuck Olson.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
Sales Date: 09/22/2014
Review Created: 09/24/2014 05:08 PM
HEATHER J. on 09/23/2014
"oil change"
got my tires inflated and looks like the floor was vacuumed.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CRUZE
Service Date: 09/22/2014
Review Created: 09/23/2014 02:11 PM
WILLIAM G. on 09/22/2014
"service was great, timely"
this was the first time any of my trucks ( 7 ) were ever vacummed in the interior, thank you
Vehicle: CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
Service Date: 09/19/2014
Review Created: 09/22/2014 06:54 AM
PETER J. on 09/20/2014
"Service"
Took care of 3 things on recalls.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET SPARK