BW
Bill W.
Caddo Mills, TX
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/02/2020 Category: Service
2 hrs to change oil and rotate tires, with an appointment. Unacceptable strike 2 and you out. I understand now their giving 2 years of maintenance with purchase
Bad

06/02/2020 Category: Service
Service of vehicle
2 hours for oil change and tire rotation with an appointment Unacceptable
STEPHANIE M B. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me Mr. Watkins, we truly appreciate your feedback and value you as our client. We are working to assure this issue will no longer happen. Please feel free to give me a call before your next visit and I will insure you get taken care of. My direct number is 972)722-7428 and email is sbenson@comeseeclay.com

ZK
Zachery K.
Garland, TX
03/24/2020 Category: Service
Terrible Service
I had a tire issue and a wheel and tire warranty. After calling several times I finally got the warranty confirmed. I went to get it repaired but they didn’t have it in stock and said they ordered it. I had to call and see if they ordered it and they hadn’t and was told they had now ordered it. I checked again before going and it still wasn’t ordered and was told that I can trust the guy I was talking to that time because he wasn’t the one who had lied to me. I finally got their service manager to do something and I still had to call and make sure they got it. I would never do business with them again.

June F.
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Problem solved and gracious response
Sam M. has been my go to service person. When the problem with the headlights was not taken care of he made sure it was. He has been courteous and efficient. Chalk the problem up to defective lightbulb.

11/20/2019 Category: Service
Problem not fixed
Brought car in for headlight replacement. The same warning is on and lights are dim as when I brought it in. Driving with brights to see at night.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 11/25/2019

sbentley@comeseeclay.com
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 11/27/2019

I would like to thank you for your kind words about my team member Sam and your 5 star review. We always strive to provide a 5 star experience on every visit every time.

James P.
Rowlett, TX
09/14/2019 Category: Service
Service Dept - Poor this time
comments were stated in survey
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/16/2019

Let me first apologize to you for your recent service experience. I would like the opportunity to resolve our error to your satisfaction. I would like to speak to you at your earliest convenience to discuss a resolution for you. Please feel free to call me @ 214-755-5805. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sachse, TX
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Its just a switch!
brought car in for a faulty steering volume switch. left with air bag disconnected , steering incorrectly installed, codes not cleared off car and till this day(7/15/2019) still not fixed. car was in better shape before I brought in for repairs. that's just what I caught. might be more that I haven't noticed.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 07/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today about your recent service experience. I want to assure that I will correct the issuers you are experiencing with you vehicle. I look forward to meeting you next Monday and resolving all issues you are experiencing.

Richard H.
06/16/2019 Category: Service
Poor
Communication made before by telephone was ignored.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/18/2019

Mr. Hoaglund I have been trying to reach you and would like the chance to speak to you about your recent service experience and would like to see where we fell short of meeting your service needs and delivering you a 5 Star experience. We understand your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback. Your feedback will help us improve in the future. I look forward to speaking with you.

BA
Benjamin A.
Caddo Mills, TX
04/26/2019 Category: Service
Disrespectful
I had the lady argued with me and recommend I go to Honda and see if I bought my car there because I didn't buy it at Hyundai. After being left alone for 10 minutes she came back and said I had in fact bought it with them. Then I was denyed the oil change I was promised when I bought my car there.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 04/30/2019

I am sorry to hear about your recent service experience and all the confusion you experienced. I have spoken to the sales associate that was arguing with you and I can assure that in the future visit you will not have anything like that happen again. I have tried to reach you to speak personally with you. Please feel free to call me at 972-722-6365 and we can talk freely about any issues i can help get resolved for you.

LL
Lacretia L.
Royse City, TX
2014 Hyundai Tucson
04/23/2019 Category: Service
No one can fix the air conditioner
Terrible overall
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 04/26/2019

I'm sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations on your last service visit. I have tried to reach you about your service experience. Please feel free to call me @ 972-722-7428.

John F.
03/31/2019 Category: Service
Learned a very expensive lesson
We scheduled a 15k mike service appointment over the phone expecting the Hyundai required service to be performed (multipoint inspection, oil&filter service, tire rotation) which should cost around $110. When my wife dropped the car off the service advisor included every upsell option as the 15k service. My wife did not know the additional dealer optional services were not part of the Hyundai required service. The result is a $345 bill and a very expensive lesson learned. Transparency is not this dealerships strong suite.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 04/02/2019

I apologize for your recent unpleasant service experience, it is our mission goal to provide a "5 Star" experience to all of our customers and to be up front and communicate any charges before any work is performed. We always strive to be transparent in all service transactions and we always request permission to proceed before any work is performed. Again I apologize for any miscommunication that may have transpired on you visit.

Michael S.
Aubrey, TX
01/11/2019 Category: Service
Taking care of the customer - finally
Thanks to Steve Bentley - new Service Director - for taking on the issues that the previous staff had not delivered on and making the experience what is should be. Steve is a great addition to this dealership and hope to see him stay on and continue to exceed expectations.

Don't trust Clay Cooley
If you make a deal to sell a vehicle then stand behind what you promise; not allowing customers to speak to your General Manager is by far the worst way to run your business.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 01/14/2019

Michael, my name is Steve Bentley, I amd the NEW Service Director here at Hyundai and i have called you to help get the chip issue resolved. Please feel free to call my direct phone at 214-755-5805. I would love the oppertunity to get this issue resloved for you. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you but I assure I will get this resolved for you to your satisfaction.
Steve Bentley-Service Director

Ms. Stavinoha, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today and setting up an appointment for getting the paint chip resolved to your satisfaction. I can assure all items will be addressed when the vehicle arrives Wednesday.

KC
Kenneth C.
2008 Hyundai Entourage
Steve Bentley Made my day
Steve called me immediately with a request to discuss my concerns.
He followed up today and made it good. I appreciate that.

Unpleasant checkout esperience
See comments earlier

Mr.Channell, I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to me about your recent service experience. I am sure we will meet your expectations on your next service visit. Please feel free to bring your Entourage (HMA011031647 )in to redeem your free oil change on the next visit.

LT
Leon T.
Mesquite, TX
12/26/2018 Category: Service
customer service
lack of knowledge or take the ithe time to resove problems not blame it on someone who is no even there

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/25/2018 Category: Service
You see one way I another
Mr. B remembers nothing being mentioned about filters being discussed.

Regardless Clay Cooley cost is too high, well above the average. 40 bucks for an oil change, never again.

If you do a lot of mountain driving or heave towing, then a flush would be necessary. Under normal driving conditions, a flush is NOT necessary at 46K miles. The shops make money on flushes, that's why they recommend them. Most transmissions are good for 100,000 miles before requiring maintenance.

The cost to have your fluid changed by a dealer, service center or independent mechanic ranges from $80 to $250. The average cost is around $100 for both automatic and manual transmissions.

09/25/2018 Category: Service
Rip Off
Prices on all maintenance was over the top. Took in for simple oil change $300 later. Last time this happens to me.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/25/2018

Mrs B,

You and Mr B droppped your Santa Fe off that Saturday morning with Philip for an oil change and multi point inspection. The tech performed the multipoint inspection and brought the engine air filter and cabin filter to show how dirty they were he also said the rt rear brake lamp bulb was burnt out. At that point Philip looked to see what services were due at 72k ,after looking back in history on the previous services he found where the transmission service had never been performed and was recommened by Hyundai at 60k. He then made the phone call and spoke to Mr B about our findings and Philip explained about the items needed and if he wanted them replaced and serviced, Mr B approved the repairs and we performed all the services listed. Philip mentioned to me that when you arrived that your were upset at the repairs we made and Philip explained he went over them with Mr B and there was no problem.  I guess that Mr B did not talk to you about the repairs before you came to the dealership. You have always been a great customer to us and we would never compromise that with trying to sell you services of any kind that were not needed or if you did not want them performed. We look forward to continue to serve you in the future if you wish .   God Bless.

Rowlett, TX
09/07/2018 Category: Service
Horrible
All they care about is making you spend more money
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/07/2018

Dear Sir,
Your daughter brought the 2017 Santa Fe in for service ,an oil change tire rotation and cabin air filter and multi point inspection.  We performed the services and inspected the car for any other issues , we put the car on the alignment machine and found the toe in out out of specs at the left front and left rear and mention to her about a fuel induction service. John gave her the benifits for the induction service and the alignment put back to specs. He gave her pricing and she oked the repairs ,never did she question pricing or needing to contact you for approval. We performed the services. Their was no tricks or misleading during the entire time. I am sorry you feel that way. Your daughter was pleasant and kind during the entire service visit.   God Bless.

Jeff F.
Royse City, TX
2015 Hyundai Genesis
08/24/2018 Category: Service
Service Department is great. Sales Department is worst I've ever dealt with
4 years ago, I bid a Hyundai Genesis with 4 dealers. Clay Cooley was highest by $4,700 and was not willing to discuss negotiation. I just went to trade in my Genesis for another. The only one that was in the color I wanted had hail damage and a busted back bumper as well as 3,900 miles. I was told that it would be discounted due to the miles and the damage. Imagine my shock when the MSRP price came out almost 5,000 more than the one I built on the Hyundai website. And it was Apples for Apples. I did my homework. Starting price was 7,000 more than the average truecar price. Rockwall discounted 4,800 for a still too high starting point. When I discussed all the numbers and what my thinking was, I was told that it was the best offer I was gonna get. 2 separate dealers were much more willing to discuss. Everyone shopping for a car knows going in the negotiation process is grueling and hopefully both parties walk away feeling like the got a good deal. 4 years apart and I get the same take it or leave it comment.

08/24/2018 Category: Service
Great Service Horrible Sales
If you want to get a Hyundai serviced you should go to Clay Cooley. If you are looking to buy a new car, or trade in for a new car, RUN far and fast.
SF
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 08/24/2018

Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Service Survey and your comments.  This survey is a report card on our Service Department and your Service Advisor Phillip , not the sales Department. I know you and Phillip just finished talking on the phone and have evrything cleared up about the survey . However I am truly sorry about the situation in the sales department, I apologize. We will always be here to assist you with any service need. Philip is look for a 5 Star score and a YES on Recommend Service please.