BRANDON B.
09/19/2020
Three weeks and $1500
Still don't have an inspection sticker after three weeks and $1500! I've been with you guys for years but seriously considering going somewhere else in the future.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 09/21/2020

Brandon, we are very sorry to hear of you negative view regarding the repair of your truck.  I have confered with our team and it appears the reason it took three weeks was because you did not want to fix everything required to get the check engine light to shut off.  I understand you JB welded your own oxygen sensors into the exhaust yet they were wrong and had to be replaced.  The initial work that was done for almost $1,200 was accurately completed without any comeback.  However, you had an evaporative emissions check engine light that you didn't want to fix so you kept resetting the light and trying to get it to pass which took several weeks before we convinced you that the work had to be done.  When looking at the big picture, it does not feel appropriate that you gave us a one star with such negative feedback when we went above and beyond to help you out.

bill m.
Spencerport, NY
09/11/2020
Lousy Job tried to charge me twice
Had new tires installed, alignment,inspection. Tires were not what I had on before had wider version of falcons, received skinnier version. Alignment pulled to right. Called to get back in, had to wait a week, then was put off to later in the day. "the lift is broke".
Went in for realignment, mechanic told me alignment was within limits, I got my keys to leave , tried to charge me for another alignment. Got my key and left. I do not recommend this service. I still have to go somewhere now to get a quality alignment.
Some guy came after me trying to give me an attitude, lousy service.

LL
Larry L.
New York
Nissan Rogue
08/08/2020 Category: Service
Larry said it was a rear differential and he checked with other businesses and found that the price they charged him was not out of line.

07/24/2020 Category: Service
Larry said he has been to them before and they did good, this last time he had his vehicle towed there to get bearings put on and they charged him $2000 and it took 5 hours. He was overcharged on something that was really simple and it's ridiculous.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 07/27/2020

Larry, there seems to be some confusion with regards to your review of our company as we never even performed any repairs on your vehicle; maybe you are confusing us with another shop?  You had us tow your vehicle in last week for a really bad grinding  noise that did not sound safe and you were under the impression it needed brakes or bearings.  However, we properly diagnosed it and found you needed a complete rear differential as the gears/bearing inside the differential were bad.  You declined service and offered to pay for another tow back to your home which we did.  Total bill was $233 including two tows and a very small diag charge.

MICHELE R.
Scottsville, NY
07/04/2020
Not pleased.
I was under the impression that the recharge that was performed on my ac was guaranteed since it was kept over night to see if it leaked out. The next day I was told there were no leaks and that the ac was working. Less than 24 hours after taking my car home it stopped working. When I inquired about a refund (which would work out to be less than10% of my total bill) I was given the run around. I’m fairly dissatisfied with my whole experience (there were other issues as well) and really just want the refund for the ac charge.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 07/05/2020

First and foremost, we have no problem refunding you the $125 you paid for the A/C service; if you feel that would make you feel better about the situation then considering it done.  Our company's mission is to provide absolute complete customer satisfaction and this goal comes way before any profit motive.

However, with that being said, a refund will not get your a/c working again nor will it provide further diagnosis as to why it is not working and what is needed to fix it properly.  Nick was correct that the first step in diagnosing a/c problem is to provide the initial a/c service.  Unlike many other shops, we do not charge just to put R134 charge back into your system.  We used a multi-step process of first evacuating the system to see how much refrigerant was in the system as compared to how much should be in it....if it is empty or low, this is an indication that there is a leak in the system (although there could be multiple other factors causing an inop a/c those cannot be diagnosed without having the proper level off refrigerant).  We next provide vacuum on the system and then perform a leak test where the a/c diagnostic machine sees if the system can hold vacuum....if there is a large leak, it can typically be found during this step.  With that being said, small leaks many times are not identified in this step because a/c used pressure, not vacuum.  Next, we inject the system with dye so that leaks can be found with a black light at some point in the future; this could be 1 day or 1 month later.  Finally we charge the system back to the exact specification and then test the a/c in the car to see if it works; in your case, your vehicle a/c did work as designed.

The work you paid for was performed as described above, however considering it has a leak, it would have required a follow up visit regardless to look for the possible leak.  We do not charge for that follow up service, it is a continuation of the fee you already paid.  Additionally, unlike many shops, we do not charge the full recharge service again after performing the required repair.

So to circle back to your situation, again we are happy to refund the fee you paid for the a/c service, but we still like to have you bring your vehicle back next week so that we can complete the diagnostic process of determining what is going on with your a/c.  Again, there is no additional charge and considering we are refunding your money, this would just be a win-win for you.  Even if we determine the cause of the leak and provide you an estimate for the repair, if you choose to decline and not have us perform the work that is OK, at least we will feel better that we provided you the best possible service.

Again, it is with sincere apologies that you were not happy with the outcome of your last service, but it is my hope that this email will give you some additional insight into the process so that you better understand what happened and it is my sincere hope that you will allow us to complete our job by finishing the diagnostic process so we all know what is going on with your car.

Hilton, NY
Chevrolet Cruze
02/21/2020
Went for an oil change, they over filled the oil blew the gaskets asked to bring the car back because it was leaking oil brought it back as they requested and they charged me! Didn’t own their mistake but offered to charge me to fix “what might be the issue”. Also did not fill other fluids in the car ie: windshield washer fluid...
no I wouldn’t recommend them.
They were nice and friendly, but who wouldn’t be that wants to rip you off.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 02/21/2020

Karin, we are very sorry to hear your feedback and negative impression of your service visit.  What you described is the absolute opposite of our companys' mission statement; we do not make many errors, but when we do, we absolutely go above and beyond to make the situation right.  In this case, you summary of events does not appear to be accurate.  You did come back a week and half after getting an oil change because you saw oil drips from your car.  We promptly schedule you back in, put the car up and checked for leaks.  We found your oil cooler was the primary leak but your valve cover gaskets also showed signs of leaks.  We actually brought you out into the shop to show you first hand the source of the leaks.  The only charge was to degrease/clean those areas due to how much oil was on it, which would then allow us to pin-point the exact source.  I am not sure how you perceived this to our mistake over-filling the oil because when you came back you were concerned that it was too low due to the leak; we checked the oil level while you were in the shop with your car and it was right on the correct level where it should have been.  Again, customer satisifcation is our number one priority so we are very sorry that you somehow got a different impression of what actually occured.

TD
TONY D.
Chrysler Sebring
09/18/2019
Very Unhappy
I made a appointment at 8am and the worker didn’t check the car until I called to check the statue on the car that was at 230pm Then I got a call at 5pm with the price to fix the car buy the worker said I can’t fix it until Monday. I used to come here for oil changes not any more. As a customer I did not feel valued at all on this visit

Michael C.
02/12/2019
Charged for something mechanic broke (Same review left on Google)
I just found out my wife & daughter went to this location & during the time of this shop doing a vehicle inspection/brakes of my 16 year old daughters first car, they broke the tire pressure valve and still charged my daughter & wife for it-something THE SHOP broke should have been replaced BY THE SHOP. They charged them 30 dollars for the tire valve-and it wasn't even replaced with the correct valve since now the dash is showing low pressure in the tires. This is unacceptable. I need this corrected with the correct valve & the money paid reimbursed to my daughter. The girls went to this shop in confidence because on the CAS website it said "owned by women" -so they thought they'd receive honest service & not be taken advantage of since they're female but, that's now out the window,,, isn't it...? I'm sick & tired of the blatant lack of honesty, courtesy & respect in society today!! FIX THIS.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 02/25/2019

MC, first and foremost, I am very sorry to hear of your frustration but I believe there must be a very serious lack of understanding for the situation. Unfortunately we cannot provide further feedback since we do not know who you are nor do we know who your wife and daughter are (no names, dates, or other identifiable information was provided). However, I can tell you that the situation you described is the exact opposite of who we are and what we are about. Our hundreds (actually closer to thousands) of reviews paint a very clear picture that our business model is the opposite of what you described here. In fact, I would question if you even reviewed the correct shop when you wrote this, because we cannot recollect any scenario like this before, let alone recently. Please call us to discuss any concern you have, as we would love the opportunity to learn more about this situation. Thank You

ROMAN M.
09/04/2018
Looks worse than before I dropped it off
Brought it in for some overspray and had the full exterior detail. Now I have white cracks all over my car. No one called or warned me about it. Was a big surprise when I picked it up. Very disappointed and will be having a conversation.

James B.
02/19/2018
ReScore: They Made It Right
I feel as if they handled a complaint I made very well. It’s a representation of the lengths they go to in providing quality customer service. Happy to rescore complete automotive, as I feel like they made sure my experience was a good one.

01/04/2018
Missing Wheel Lock - Could Have Been Bad
I am a once-happy customer that has gone to this place probably 3-4 times with no issues at all, until today. Their customer service is very solid and there's plenty good to say about these guys in general, so I want everyone reading this to understand this review is a reflection of the work and not the people there.

However, a missing lug nut (actually, it's a wheel lock!) after getting my snow tires put on is unacceptable. I got the tires put on a few weeks ago and driving off the lot, I thought something felt funny. Car felt like it was leaning, but I attributed that to the new snow tire feeling after being on summers all year.

Turns out, they either forgot to put the wheel lock on, or put it on too tight or too lose. I have been driving around for days with this weird clicking sound - I thought it might be ice build. But after getting a car wash and seeing no results, I looked down... and lo and behold. Missing wheel lock.

Update: the Action Towing guy told me it was a wheel lock missing, and not a lugnut.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 02/19/2018

Per our conversation and with the level of service we handled this situation, I would like to ask for you to re-score your review.  Thank You in advance.

VR
VICTOR R.
Jeep Compass
08/11/2017
Horrible
Terrible service they broke something on my vehicle and had the nerves to say that i had to pay for it! Bogus never again will i go there.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 08/11/2017

I am very sorry you feel this way but unfortunately that is just not true.  We can make mistakes like anyone else (although they are few and far between), but we pride ourselves on total customer satisfaction and our business model is just the opposite of what you described.  Your TPMS sensor was leaking when you came which was one of your customer complaints.  It was already broken and your tire was low on air, so all we did was try to put air in it so you could safely operate the vehicle, which then made it leak more.  We put, at no charge, a standard rubber valve stem in its place to give you time and at least eliminate the leak for safe operation.  Again, I am sorry you feel this way but your TPMS sensor was broken before you came in.  Unfortunately this is a very common occurence with today's TPMS sensor designs.

Donnie H.
New York
Buick Century
05/01/2015 Category: Service
Donnie said he had an inspection done to his vehicle and a couple of light bulbs got changed. He was not notified and received a bigger bill. The reason he would not recommend this business is due to a lack of communication and customer service.

DEREK G.
Dodge Magnum
04/13/2015
Ripped off
Took a week to fix my car which still has the same issue that I initially needed fixed. I was totally ripped off...and I know you remember my car the 2007 dodge magnum that shuts off while driving.

Jay P.
Canandaigua, NY
01/31/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Kathy. She said this was the worst service experience they ever had. They were lied to during this visit but she chose not to elaborate further. She would not recommend them over the issues previously mentioned.
Erin H., President from Complete Automotive Solutions responded on 02/21/2015

Kathy, we are very sorry that you carried your displeasure with your warranty company over to us.  Unfortunately we have no control over what the warranty company will or will not allow us to do nor do we have any control over the timing of their approval and inspections.  Honesty, trust, and integrity are the cornerstones of our business and we take that very seriously and we are sorry that your warranty company produce such negative sediment.