Cordray's Continental Auto Repair & Transmission

CLINT F.
Tangent, OR
09/18/2020
General maintenance
As always Cordray’s goes above and beyond when servicing my truck. Friendly staff and top notch knowledge. I won’t trust anyone else with my automobile investments.

Dennis S.
Hoquiam, WA
GMC Yukon
09/06/2020
Holiday breakdown
I left my Washington home for a short vacation to Cave Junction Oregon. I pulled off I-5 in Albaney Oregon for a quick visit with old friends. As I slowed from freeway speed to street speed my engine died. A friendly man gave me a jump and I headed for a parts store. Died at the first intersection. Called AAA and they recommended Cordrays Continental Auto. So AA towing delivered my car. Due to the Holiday they were down 3 techs and already busy but I was a Premium member of AAA and they jumped right on it with a smile and a great attitude. Clean cool Comfortable office and a clean bathroom. Replaced my alternator and found another unrelated problem took care of both problems in a very professional manner. I received a discount on labor due to my AAA Premium membership that I had received as a gift some years back. A great gift for the person that has everything. I was back on the road in a couple of hours. Terrific experience.

SHANE H.
Ford Econoline Wagon
09/04/2020
very friendly people to work with.
Easy to deal with price was very fair pricing I will definitely use them again in the future if I have a need.

AV
Andy V.
09/04/2020 Category: Service
Andy said the st.aff provided good customer service and was easy to work with

Matt C.
Oregon
09/03/2020 Category: Service
Matt said that he would recommend this business for service.

GF
GARY F.
09/02/2020
Friendly knowledgeable service
I’ve been talking my Duramax there for routine servicing for a couple of years now and have been very happy.

LARRY B.
Jefferson, OR
Chevrolet Aveo
08/28/2020
Work seems to be OK under warranty.
Took car in for warranty. Left car & keys on 8-11-20. The alternator was not charging, I called 3 times during the time that the car was in the shop. The battery was being discharged till it wouldn't start. They found the problem as I had put a analyzer in the socket to track the problem and it was left there that caused the leak down of the battery. The Battery was new, terminals were cleaned and sealed. I understand that these are trying times for business and getting parts. I don't fault them for those kinds of problems. I was finally able to pick up the car on the 8-25-20. It was very unusual that it would take that lone. However, they we sorry that it took so long. They have always been great with service to me in the years before the Covit19.

MONICA H.
Philomath, OR
Pontiac G6
08/26/2020
Customer service and quality of work
They were very helpful and was able to fit my car in to check the transmission issue right away. Car troubles are the worse thing when you could be stranded. Great friendly people

Ford F-350 Super Duty
08/23/2020
GREAT SERVICE
Quality work done in a timely manor. Very professional & clean business environment.

ROB H.
08/22/2020
Great shop

Carol W.
Suzuki Aerio
08/22/2020
Friendly and efficient
Friendly, efficient and fast!

Travis S.
Philomath, OR
Chevrolet Pickup
08/22/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Tracy. He said they have always been very good , really helpful, pleasant and speak to him by his first name. They know that he has a working outfit and get right on it, so he is in , out and on the road working again.

BRUCE B.
08/20/2020
Always Great Service!
As usual quality service and friendly atmosphere!

Myrna M.
Chrysler Town & Country SWB
08/19/2020 Category: Service
Myrna said the staff provided very good service.

Florence, OR
Mazda B2300
08/18/2020
Wasted my time. Was left in a parking lot in 98 degree weather w a small trailer I couldn't leave
TAKE ME OFF YOUR MAILING LIST NOW!!!!! Statistics say people tell 3 others of a good experience and 29 of a negative one. I WILL BEAT THE 29!!!
I will delete any further communication from you folks. Friends and family won't go near your shop. We travel the I-5 a lot.
EXCERPTS FROM A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO AAA OREGON
Tuesday morning, (11th, 7:00 A.M) I unload the truck at Florence Auto Repair (Tony’s Garage) and consult with the owner, Tony - I have a 2 1/2 year business relationship with him. I ask him to assess the situation with the truck. They call me the next afternoon (12th Wednesday ), and verify my my original diagnosis: broken right front wheel caliper. More importantly they tell me why it is broken - a frozen outer wheel bearing. I ask them to replace all the components on both front wheels: bearings, calipers, rotors & pads. In addition, check the the rear wheels and the entire hydraulic system. Thursday afternoon (13th) everything is repaired (Tony did the repairs himself as he likes to work on older vehicles) including rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes. The bill is < $1000 for all four wheels, hydraulic system check and road test. Total labor time charged is three hours. All parts were available locally in Florence.

What happened with these two vendors is unacceptable. AA Towing should have taken both my vehicle and small trailer (I would have paid for the trailer towing if not covered by road service) to Cordray’s shop. Then, about an hours labor and locally sourced parts would have put me back on the road or they could given me an estimate to do a complete service as described above. Instead they chose to leave me abandoned, stall for a few days, and lie. The Mazda was in Cordray’s shop Wednesday afternoon and they had not even bothered to look at it by the following Monday noon - the front wheel had never been removed. AA Towing lied about parking space and Codray’s the availability of parts. I ended up getting out of the Walmart parking lot with my wife’s help and recovering my vehicle by myself. The costs to extricate myself from this situation were three additional trips to the valley - 600 miles (100 miles each way x 6) - UHaul charges of about $130, and a lot of wasted time. All I got from AAA Road Service was a three mile tow to a crooked garage and stranded.

Again, all I am requesting is that you forward these two communications to people in the AAA organization who handle certifications for vendors. My problem is solved, but AAA Oregon has a problem.
Michael T., Vice President from Cordray's Continental Auto Repair & Transmission responded on 08/20/2020

1st of all, we owe the customer an apology.
We totally dropped the ball on looking at your Mazda.
We are super busy and had several broke down AAA rigs here already, but that is no excuse to not even looking at the Mazda and at least getting an estimate done. As the owner of this company, I cannot make an excuse for his truck not getting looked at over the course of 3 days......AAA or not, that is not acceptable.

There are 2 things about this review that I want to clarify. This review should be about the lack of service received from our company. Our company is responsible for our actions, or lack there of in this case, but I cannot speak of the actions of any other entity or company that you may have dealt with. In all fairness the review should only about us.

Secondly, nobody here ever lied to you about parts availability for your Mazda. Since we apparrently never looked at your Mazda, or made any kind of estimate, how could we decern what parts are available ? While we really do deal with parts issues do the natiowide shortages due to shutdowns cause by COVID 19, brake parts are not parts we have ever had a problem with. If we just could have done our job the way it was supposed to be done, then you would have been easily fixed and down the road. But we dropped the ball and that did not happen.

I tried this morning, 8/19/20, to contact you by phone so I could apologize and offer to take care of some of your expenses. We deserve a poor rating for not looking at your truck in a timly manner.......we are human and we made a mistake. When I called you just hung up on me without being able to say anything. I care about the service we provide and I wanted to say we were sorry about it and prove it by offering to help you out.