Overall Rating 2.5714286/5Overall Rating 2.5714286/5rating 2.5714286rating 2.5714286rating 2.5714286
Overall Rating 2.07143/5Overall Rating 2.07143/5rating 2.07143rating 2.07143rating 2.07143

TT
Timothy T.
08/02/2019 Category: Service
Overall just a very poor car!
Would not recommend anyone waste money on a Hyundai!
Very poor performance overall a total waste of money!
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us feedback about your recent service visit. I am very sorry that you are not pleased with your vehicle, and its overall performance. My technicians work very hard to keep your vehicle in the best condition possible, and make adequate repairs when they are needed. If there was something that my staff did to make this situation worse, I would like to know so I can try to fix that problem.

Duchess B.
Kernersville, NC
07/08/2019 Category: Service
Less than expected
I brought in my 2018 hyundai sonata for transmission issues and peeling paint. A brand new transmission was put in and it was repainted. But the emblem on the front was cut out and the volume control in my steering wheel was broken, my tired was slashed, I had a flat on my hour drive back home and had to pay for a new tire. I had to drive an hour back to the dealership to get the emblem replaced, the volume control repaired and to get overspray off the car from the paint job. I waited almost 2 hours, when I was told an hour. I was also told I would be compensated for my time, and ko one even came out to speak with me. This was my 2nd car purchase from Crenshaw and I'm not sure I would return!
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 07/09/2019

I am very sorry about all the issues you have has recently with your vehicle. I am very aware of your situation since we spoke multiple times regarding them, and I can not make sense of any of them. I have never had any issues with the body shop we use for our paint repairs, especially with emblems missing and parts broken from different areas. Your vehicle has been discussed with the owner of that shop in detail, with pictures and he has been looking at his video records to see if he can determine what happened. As for your extended wait time, from what i was told there was more over spray than you had noticed. We wanted to make it perfect, so this did make the wait a good bit longer. I am not sure if the service advisor told you, but I was not here when you brought your vehicle in, and I am the one who was going to compensate you for your time. I am sorry I was not here to make good on my word. I will make sure you get in in the mail in the next few days. Thank you again for taking your time to give me your feedback so I can make necessary changes in who we use for sublet work.

Mebane, NC
01/01/2019 Category: Service
Repair Seevice
Nice people but failed to fix problem. Thanks for finally hiring women in the service bays
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 01/04/2019

I truly am sorry that we were unable to find the cause of the noise under your vehicle. I do know that our technician test drove the vehicle multiple times, but unfortunately was unable to hear anything abnormal. I would be more than happy to personally take a ride with you so you can show me what exactly is going on, and I would do this at no cost to you. We take great pride in our work, and if we failed to find your concern we would happily spend additional time with you to get it fixed. Please don't hesitate to call either Robyn or myself directly if you would like to allow us another look at your noise. Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know how you felt about your recent visit.

Stephanie B.
11/23/2018 Category: Service
Very upsetting...
I had to call to check and see if my own car was finished and to my surprise it was. They never called me on completion after 2 hours.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 11/26/2018

I am very sorry for the service advisor not taking the initiave to inform you that your service was completed. This is something that disappoints me just as much as it does you. Everyone one of us are consumers, and we all should know how frustrating it is to wait around for seemingly no reason. Thank you for taking your time to let me know about this issue so I can bring it to the advisor and show him how a small mistake can cause a much larger ripple effect. Especially when you are waiting for so long.

PL
Peter L.
2016 Hyundai Veloster
09/14/2018 Category: Service
don't expect to come once for repair
The parts are not available and you have to come several times
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 09/17/2018

I am very sorry we did not have the parts in stock needed to fix your vehicle on the first visit. Although we try very hard to watch trends, not only in our service department but in surrounding areas, there are times where we have to order a special need part for a repair. Coupled with a limited amount of space available in our parts department, unfortunately events like your can and do happen. I appreciate your feedback regarding your visit. I do take our customer's reviews very seriously.

2014 Hyundai Genesis
08/10/2018 Category: Service
Fluids very low, not topped off
See previoud details.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 08/10/2018

I greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the service you recently received. It can be very difficult for me to stay on top of every car that comes in our service department, and I do take your responses very seriously so I can see when a failure occurs and changed need to be put into place. Yes we do have a practice in place similar to your recommendation where I will monitor more closely an individual and rate performance. We would like to think we have hired a group of technicians that take their positions very seriously and understand how much our customers rely on them to keep their cars running correctly. Honestly, I am more concerned with the response you received when you brought your findings to my service advisor. We are all a team here, and if one of us makes a mistake or oversight, it is all of our duty to take responsibility for this mistake and make it right. On behalf of the service department, I am very sorry that we failed in providing you with the proper level of service. Your feedback has been reviewed with not just the involved parties, but everyone in the service department so we all can use this as a tool to better ourselves and be reminded that every single part of our jobs is important, and will be completed correctly. No questions or excuses. If you would give my team another chance to show you the level of care you deserve, and we are known for, I assure you we will not let you down again.

BA
Barbara A.
Colfax, NC
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/11/2018 Category: Service
I am not happy with Crenshaw.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 06/11/2018

I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience on your recent visit. There is no excuse for the technician getting your steering wheel dirty when driving your vehicle in and out to be serviced. He should have been more careful to ensure his hands were completely clean and I will make sure he is made aware of his actions. As for the excessive wait time and PRNDL cover that was replaced. This is definitely the cause for your much longer wait time, and it is not uncommon for you to not see a difference. In a select few Santa Fe's, the clear plastic cover over the gear indicator beside the shifter can crack or blister prematurely. Due to this, we are required to replace the clear cover on affected vehicles, regardless of if the part looks unsightly or blistered. To do this, the center console has to be partially removed and turned over because the part mounts from underneath. It appears the service advisor did not correctly communicate to you what the recall entailed, nor how long it would take to perform. I know that unexpected delays can ruin plans for the remainder of your day, and for us doing that to you I am truly sorry. I do hope that you allow us a chance to show you that we do value our customers and their schedules. Unfortunately we did not live up to his for you on this visit.

GM
Gwendolyn M.
05/15/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed in service
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

I fully agree with you saying that the technician did not provide you with his highest level of quality service on your visit. I have pulled the paperwork from this visit and am keeping it with me until I can visually inspect your tires, and see how/why such a different recommendation was given in just 2 days. According to our records, you have another appointment coming up. I want to be able to go over these issues either before that time, or right when you arrive. All of the advisors are aware and will be bringing your vehicle to my attention as soon as you get here. I will do everything I can to fin out what was going on and ensure it won't happen again.

TA
Tammy A.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
05/11/2018 Category: Service
It just took too long to get the oil changed this time.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 05/13/2018

Thank you for giving us an honest review of your recent service visit. I am very sorry we did not provide your service more promptly, and did not value your time as our customer. Our service team will strive to be better prepared and ready to show you the same exceptional quality of work, while making sure we get it done more quickly. We hope to see you again for your next needed service.

PS
Patricia S.
04/07/2018 Category: Service
The service was not as customer oriented as it was when I purchased prior vehicle. Totally dissatisfied with the dealership.
I love Hyundai vehicles but I will changed my car loyalty if I can get correct parts for the vehicle I purchased and Crenshaw Hyundai was not concerned with the drivable condition on the car as much as getting the car serviced in and out at the highest cost to the customer.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 04/09/2018

I am very sorry that we did not have the tire needed for your vehicle when you came in. Unfortunately we cannot stock every tire for every vehicle. I can assure you that taking advantage of our customers is not something we do. We provided the only options we had available at that time, albeit neither were the option you wanted.

Greensboro, NC
2012 Hyundai Veracruz
01/16/2018 Category: Service
Not a good first impression!
the person who greeted me at the service desk was very sweet and professional. Unfortunately, it took almost 2 and 1/2 hours to complete an oil change. There are no places to sit in the "customer lounge" if you can call it that when there are multiple people waiting. I had an appointment scheduled and it still took that long to complete the service. Then they tried to up sell my service at the end explaining that I had an oil leak (which I dont) and other items. Meanwhile, as I sat in the showroom (only chair I could find) the sales people complained about how they were making no money and how much they hated their jobs. Guess what, go find something else to do then! This was the first time I had been to this dealership since moving from Connecticut and the last time that I will go there. Not a good first impression!
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 01/19/2018

I am very disappointed with the entire staff for providing you with such a poor first impression of our dealership. I take full responsibility for my service team taking so long to complete your service. Unfortunately I don't know what exactly happened that day to cause such an excessive wait time, but I have made it very clear to all the service advisors that an issue like this is unacceptable. As for the conversation you overheard, I have passed this information along to the sales managers, and they have assured me that situation will be resolved as well. I hope you would give us one more chance to so you my service team can do a much better job than was shown on your first visit. I really appreciate your feedback, It will help me improve our personnel moving forward.

12/31/2017 Category: Service
Sucks
Will my review or opinion matter. Nope your all a lot making a dollar. After the sale you could care less.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 01/04/2018

I can assure you that your opinion does matter to us very much. Without knowing that there was an issue, I cannot deal with the problem and make sure similar issues no longer happen. We are not, and never have been, a business that tries to "get over" on our customers or flat out mislead them. If there was something on the vehicle that needed to be done but wasn't, it needs to be corrected. As fir the noise you are hearing on initial start up, I would like to talk to you about it in more detail so if there is an issue I can make sure that is resolved too. Now that the stress of the holidays are behind us, please contact me at your convienence so I can make every attempt to make this right and show you that our customers are very important to us.

11/27/2017 Category: Service
Bad visit/ dog all over the downstairs.
You need to update your mechanics, and what is the deal with that dog you have in your dealership that's barking at all the customer???? Is this a place of business or a dog pound? What is the deal Hyundai?
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 11/28/2017

I am very sorry that you had such a poor visit the only time you have been to our dealership. The dog belongs to the owner of our facility, I am sorry you did not like her being around and her barking annoyed you. As for your comments about my technicians needing updated, I am not sure as to why you feel this way. Hyundai Motor America released a recall on the engine of your vehicle, not Crenshaw Hyundai. Hyundai provided all of the dealers with a very specific set of instructions regarding this recall and the proper steps to follow upon a vehicle entering our dealership. The setps themselves and the eventual outcome of said steps are compltly outside of our hands. We are simply here to facilitate the proper procedure to check and see if the engine needs to be replaced at the time it is present in our service department. You are more than welcome to have the vehicle reinspected at another dealership of your choosing if you see fit. Unfortunantly, we at the dealer level are not authorized to "just replace perople's engines" because they don't like the outcome of the inspection procedure. I appreciate your feedback on your visit, we do use these to help improve our business and take them very personally.

Daniel B.
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Very Nice staff! Plan for it to take awhile
The staff is great but prices seem to be high and service seems to take quite awhile even for an oil change.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 11/20/2017

I am very sorry that you spent too long in our dealership on your last service visit. I hope you will give us another chance on your next service need to show you we are much better at valuing our customer time and busy schedules

Mc Leansville, NC
10/25/2017 Category: Service
Service Takes too Long
If I schedule an appointment, I would like to be seen during that appointment time in a timely fashion. I do not want to wait 2 hours.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 10/26/2017

I am very sorry that we did not honor your scheduled appointment last visit. We try very hard to make sure we are scheduled properly, but unfortunately issues can arise that puts the shop behind. Regardless, anyone with an appointment should have been more valued and taken care of much quicker. I assure you this was an abnormality for our team and we will make sure to value your time on your next visit!

Summerfield, NC
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/06/2017 Category: Service
Took too long to do the job
I had an 11 o'clock appointment for a general service and a state inspection. I arrived a little before 11 and it was 12:45 when my vehicle was finally ready. This was a job that should have taken 45 minutes to an hour, no more.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 10/09/2017

I am very sorry that we failed to provide you with prompt service on your last visit. As a consumer myself, I absolutely understand how frustrating it is to spend much longer than expected at an appointment and putting the rest of your day behind. I have recently hired some new staff to help speed up our service times, and I hope you would give us one more chance to show you we can better value your time.

Mark H.
Elon, NC
09/01/2017 Category: Service
Lack of respect
Had the car in for regular service and found needed new filters for the engine and the inside of the car. When all done got in the car had grease on the passenger seat and glove box which the mechanic did not clean up he just left it. I did tell the lady in service dept about it she was nice enough to clean it. But the mechanics show lack of respect for other people property,or didn't care.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 09/04/2017

Sir or Madam, I am very disappointed in my technician for this incident to say the least. Although we place coverings on the drivers seat and floorboard, I have previously left it on the shoulders of the technician to maintain the passenger side if he has to be in that area. This time, he obviously failed to ensure your vehicle was kept clean. I would like to make it up to you by having your entire vehicle cleaned, inside and out, at your earliest convenience. Please contact me directly to set a time that will work for you.

Mebane, NC
08/08/2017 Category: Service
no comment
The only reason I have to go here is because it's the only Hyundai in town. on top of not being done on time the shaking issue was not even acknowledged!
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 08/10/2017

I am very sorry that we failed to deliver our normal level of service on your recent visit. It is absolutely no excuse, but we have recently had some issues that have caused us to run behind most days. I can tell you, these problems have been addressed and resolved. The excessive delays and not being able to fully diagnose concerns will no longer occur.

Mary H.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
07/14/2017 Category: Service
Told me two different things
I love elantras and this is my second one but the Hyundai roadside assistance plan and the dealerships need to het on the same page.
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 07/21/2017

I am sorry that the Road Side Assistance misinformed you about the potential cost of the repairs on your vehicle. Unfortunately, they do not always contact the dealer to verify information and we have no clue about the call until your vehicle is towed or brought to us. I understand how it is frustrating to get two quotes, and being so drastically different. On behalf of Crenshaw Hyundai, I am very sorry for the confusion and hope you won't take their mistake out on us.

NB
Natalie B.
Chapel Hill, NC
05/30/2017 Category: Service
See before not
See before note
Gregory A C., Service Manager from Crenshaw Hyundai responded on 05/31/2017

I am very sorry for the problems you encountered on your recent visit. It seems like our parts and service team fell very short to make sure all of your concerns were addressed and resolved, and your time was not valued. With you calling ahead of time, we absolutely should have ensured all the necessary parts were available prior to your appointment time so your repairs could be completed in one visit. Since I have been made aware of this inconvenience, I will make sure the needed parts have been ordered and one of my service advisors will call you to set up an appointment to have the repairs completed at a time that works for you. Once again I am very sorry that this happened, but I will do whatever I can to make it right by you. Thank you for taking your time to let me know about your concerns