Rocky B.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Rocky said he has always trusted this business. He stated that every time he goes there, he gets professional service, it is done in a timely fashion and they give him straight answers. He mentioned that Sam G is the best.

JIM/JILL H.
Toyota Tundra
02/18/2019
Honesty
Sam and his crew get things done right! They are honest and provide a complete rundown of the issues before they do the work.

GD
Garland D.
02/18/2019 Category: Service
Garland said they were very professional and friendly.

LL
Leo L.
Nissan Pickup
02/15/2019 Category: Service
Leo said they did a good job.

PE
PAUL E.
Meridian, ID
Buick Century
02/07/2019
The best auto repair
Since Sam Grey took over Dales Auto Care from Dale about 14 years ago, the bar has been raised. Not taking away from Dale, but Sam computerized, make sure he had A1 master mechanics and believe his auto repair is second to none. When the vehicle is diagnoses and repaired the owners can rest assured the job was done right the first time. Thanks Sam.

CK
CLAY K.
Ford Expedition EL
02/06/2019
Sam has been very honest and he has managed to fix my vehicle issues quickly usually same day. I have been going to Dales's for several years now.
I recommend Dale's for automotive repairs.

Thanks,
-Clay

Rebecca S.
Chevrolet Pickup
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Rebecca said the staff was really good about working around her schedule. She is always contacted, and updated during the service. They do excellent work, and they are really good guys.

JASON B.
02/02/2019
Best in Boise
I come here now for any auto repairs. In the past I’ve gotten estimates from places and Dale’s would always want to check the vehicle themselves first to make sure it was what was needed rather than quoting me a price. Their estimate would always come in a little lower for the same work but there have been 2 times now that they have told me you don’t need all that done, just this and saved me a lot of money. Once it was a difference between $2000 and $300! Honesty! I asked them about installing a remote starter in my daughters car and they said they could, but there was another place that specializes in doing that and they could do it cheaper so they referred me there. Several years ago they had done a repair for me (a gasket) and it broke again about 2 months after the warranty ran out. They said it shouldn’t have broken and fixed it for no charge anyway. The kind of honesty and integrity they show is rare and hard to find. I no longer look anywhere else when I need automotive work done.

Dave G.
Nissan Pathfinder
02/02/2019 Category: Service
Dave said that he has been using the place for quite awhile and he is always happy with them.

Reg M.
01/25/2019 Category: Service
Reg said the customer service was excellent.

TD
Ted D.
Chevrolet Cruze
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Ted said the staff always give honest opinions, they're super easy to work with and accommodating.

Margaret B.
Mercury Sable
01/16/2019 Category: Service
Margaret said the business was good.

TW
TERRY W.
Jeep Liberty
01/14/2019
Quality over quantity
I have taken my Jeeps to Dales for several years now in-spite of the fact that they are on the opposite side of town from where I live, which is only blocks from the Jeep dealership. The quality of work has always been high and I appreciate their ability and willingness to help me understand the problem as well as the solution. The discount for paying in cash is nice, too.

However, to be honest, and to explain why my normal 5-star rating for Dale's is only a 4-star for the purpose of this review ~
1. Never, ever, in all these years have I had the displeasure of reaching voice mail when calling Dale's. Now, that is not at all an unusual event when contacting the larger, impersonal, high-pressure repair shops, but Dales? No! No! Please, not my trustworthy Dales!
2. Never, ever, in all these years have I unexpectedly had to leave my vehicle at Dales for more than one day. Of course some tasks do require more than a single day. However, those times were always pre-arranged. This time I even took my vehicle in the day before the appointment and didn't find out until I called late afternoon the next day that it wouldn't be ready. That news required my to change other appointments that I had made and I was left with the choices of either pay for a ride to Dales to pick up my vehicle or walk. Fortunately it was good weather so my dog's and I made the two-hour walk. I was also a bit surprised Dales did not offer to assist with that.

In the end, I am still okay with Dales, but I do have the fear that they are getting a little too popular. I've seen it before. A good company gets better and better until they can no longer handle the business that they have earned and they then take on the attributes of the "big box" service shops, like the one in my own neighborhood. Hopefully that is not the case with Dales, but the symptoms of the disease are there.

CHRIS M.
Dodge Dakota
01/08/2019
As always--great service
I've been going to Dale's Auto Care for years. I continue to be impressed with their approach, communication, service and the reasonableness of their pricing. It's a very nice feeling to have complete trust in your mechanic.

GB
glenda B.
Chrysler 200
01/03/2019 Category: Service
Glenda said Sam was great and the service was great.

Subaru Forester (Natl)
01/01/2019
Great team, expert, great value
I know how the team works at Dale's Auto Care since a while now. With a couple of major works done in the past, they keep my two cars in very good shape even if one is now getting really old. They do quality work and they make an effort to explain the issues they see and what they do to fix them. Their expertise allows them to see problems long before they cause major damages avoiding surprises and saving a lot of money down the road. They keep potential issues under control and they normally fix them when is the right time to do it without overspending. I will continue to go there for the foreseeable future. Worth every penny. Highly recommend it.

JULIE S.
Garden City, ID
12/28/2018
Trustworthy and thorough
Sam takes time to explain information and give tips. He works hard to make it a good deal for the customers and is honest about warranties and stuff like that. They are thorough with the cars, but sometimes take a long time because of this and because they have so much good business!

Karen S.
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Karen said the business was great. They are honest and very helpful.

MT
Mike T.
12/12/2018 Category: Service
Mike said they have awesome service.

Matt M.
12/11/2018 Category: Service
Matt said that they were quick and cheap.