AJ
Andron JC J.
02/21/2019
Estimate
I brought my car there for a spring that broke in the suspension. I was told that the shop doesn’t fix 1 spring they have to do both. I was called with an estimate and was told that I also need new struts as well. The total came to $2,300.00 ? I ended up having my car towed to my bmw mechanic in Peabody and found out it was just one spring and one strut that needed to be changed and ended up paying around $600.00 for the repair. Even if they did both sides it would of been $1,200.00 Maybe this is the reason I have been going to the shop in Peabody for the last 10yrs. ??‍♂️

CD
Charles D.
Holbrook, MA
04/21/2017
This shop is a fraud
My appointment was a Monday. I be heard from the guy 3 days later. I got a quote to replaced a sensor. The sensor priced was 3 times over what the dealer is selling it. The sensor did not fixed the problem, now it's 6 days counting. The shop owner cannot give me the defective sensor he replaced. It cost me $613 and I had to tow the car to a different location. Guy claimed of being there since 1996 is a lie.

Lauren M.
Volkswagen Passat
01/08/2014
Ripped off?
I have taken my car there many time before and have been impressed with the service until I went in with my check engine light and it was just the battery. Total cost? $315... Might never go back there again. Could have paid a fraction if I just called AAA

NM
Nancy M.
BMW 330Ci
08/24/2013 Category: Service
Nancy said she paid $144 and all the facility did was check the engine light and diagnosed the lumbar seat. They did not fix it and only let the air out. She was charged for supplies, which she is not sure what these are for. She was quoted $639 to fix the thermostat and when she asked for a printout of the services she needed, the quote was $533. This was a significant difference from what she was quoted on the phone. She wanted to take her vehicle to this facility because she thought the prices were lower than the dealer and it was closer and more convenient to her home, but was very disappointed. She tried to explain this to them and they were not very nice, indicating this was the way it was. She would not recommend them due to this experience.
Michael C. from European Motorsport LLC responded on 08/28/2013

When Nancy arrived to pick up her vehicle, I explained to her what was done to her BMW. I explained that when she arrived that morning, she requested that her passenger seat be in a usable condition, that she wasn’t overly concerned with the lumbar feature working or not and she confirmed. I told her that the technician was able to get her passenger seat functional without that feature as she requested. If she was interested in the lumbar feature being functional, I would get her a quote but that it would be very expensive, as it was a dealer only part and labor intensive, seat would have to be removed etc. She was not interested. In regard to the check engine light, I was not aware, at the time, that when Mike had given Nancy the original quote for the thermostat, he had included her diagnostic/evaluation time in it as well. (Which was separated out for obvious reasons at pickup). What the client doesn’t realize is that when we evaluate a vehicle, it takes time. And most times, the time it takes doesn’t match the time we charge. In order for the technician to evaluate the lumbar control function, the seat needed to be removed from the vehicle, the control module needed to be tested. And the technician needed to deflate the seat. This took the better part of the morning. That does not include the time it took for the technician to evaluate the check engine light. All in all, 3-4 hours were spent on the client’s vehicle. She left with what she requested: Her seat functional, and her check engine light diagnosed. When questioned about our labor rate, I did my best to explain that we are simply trying to stay competitive with local shops around us. Unfortunately, it appears that she did not like my explanation or the fact that she had to pay for her repair.
Michael C. from European Motorsport LLC responded on 08/28/2013

Kelley does all of the responding on Surecritic, even though it falls under my name. It was she who met with Nancy at pickup. Just wanted to clarify that.

JN
John N.
Quincy, MA
BMW 528i
12/09/2016
Service of BMW 525i
I recently took in my BMW to get an oil change. It cost as much as the dealership. But when it was done, my car still has the light to take it in for service. Usually when I take it to the dealership, after an oil change, that light goes off.

They did do a good job of telling me what I need to complete next on the car. However, their prices are outrageous. To fix a oil leak and change out spark plugs, they wanted $2k. Not coming back, I could go to the dealership if I wanted to spend that kind of money.

MO
Marc O.
01/23/2013 Category: Service
Marc said the check engine light is still on and the problem hasn't been resolved.

Arrigo B.
Milton, MA
Porsche Cayenne
10/10/2019
Lot of information and respect of dates
overall quite happy about the experience. Professional and
one star is lost due to the diagnostic fee
I understand the charge if client decides NOT to do services
differently, it seems to be a bit nickel & diming also, you don't get charged it at dealers' shops (even if they have higher labor rates)

David R.
09/24/2016
Attention to details
Always a great process, from booking the appointment to picking up the car. The service is consistently excellent, great attention to details. Always explains what is going on and when a repair is needed.

Marsha B.
BMW 328xi
09/22/2016
Friendly and Very Informative
Specialize in foreign cars very knowledgeable

FM
Fritz M.
08/14/2016
great service and attention to details.
great service and attention to details. Was longer than expected for just a oil change but employees there were really apologetic.

WF
Wayne F.
Volkswagen Jetta
06/08/2016
Rear Brake Work
I scheduled an appointment to have my rear brakes fixed and was told the work would be done by 11:00am (I dropped my car off at 8:00). I was told when I got there that they were very busy and that the car may not be ready by 11:00. After some discussion about how why I needed to pick up my car by 11:00 in order to get to work on time, the owner promised it would be ready. And it was! I appreciate that and would return to have my vehicle serviced in the future.

KL
Kenny L.
BMW 745i
12/24/2015
Kenny Legault 2004 BMW
Hi, I picked up my car last friday and it is running great. However, my trunk is not opening. Mike mentioned something about it as i had work done on the trunk 7 years ago but the trunk has always worked. please give me a call 781 540 9430 thank you, Kenny

EM
Ebony M.
Mercedes-Benz ML430
06/01/2015
Very personable... communicate well and very fast and efficient.
Happy will all services... Only thing is they forgot to wash the car had to do it myself...
But very happy otherwise

DA
Dave A.
Volkswagen Jetta
05/29/2015
Quality work, lackluster communication
The work was very good, however the communication could have been better. Such as dropping it off first thing in the morning, not knowing what the issue was, and not hearing from them until I called the next day after it had been diagnosed and all the work completed. Also, the bill didn't break out the hours worked, and the hourly rate charged. It only broke it up by labor and parts, although the description was quite detailed.

RT
Rebecca T.
Audi Q5
03/31/2015
Almost perfect
Was disappointed the car was not cleaned (inside) after the service, I know it's not a something nice you do but it is one of the reasons I go to you