Overall Rating 4.6999965/5Overall Rating 4.6999965/5Overall Rating 4.6999965/5Overall Rating 4.6999965/5rating 4.6999965
Overall Rating 2.5249975/5Overall Rating 2.5249975/5rating 2.5249975rating 2.5249975rating 2.5249975

LF
Linda F.
Watauga, TN
05/12/2019
Thanks
Thanks to the service department for their help.

05/12/2019
Poor Customer Service
I have called the Hyundia Customer Service Department 2 times, sent 2 emails and still have not heard from them. The clear coat of paint is pealing on the front of my 2015 Santa Fe Sport with only 40,000 miles on it. The extended 10 yr bumper to bumper warranty that I purchased does not cover factory paint defects. Be cautious and ask questions about the extended warranty before you purchase it and good luck trying to get the customer service department for Hyundai to return your call & take care of their customers.
Alycia F. from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 05/16/2019

Thank you for completing this survey. Someone will be contacting you shortly.

Alycia F. from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 05/20/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this survey.  Your feedback is very important to us.  We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

KN
Kouakou N.
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Alycia F. from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 04/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. Someone will be in contact with you very shortly.

CF
Charles F.
Oneida, TN
11/08/2018 Category: Service
Overpriced compared to other dealers
Overpriced compared to other dealers. Other Hyundai dealers off oil change for less and you get complimentary wash and vacuum.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 11/09/2018

Thank you so much for the feedback.  We value all feedback and use it as coaching and training opportunity for our team.  Our management staff will be in touch with you soon.

Greeneville, TN
2011 Hyundai Elantra
07/09/2018 Category: Service
Wanted $880 plus for nothing
DO NOT trust this service department. They wanted me to sign an open-ended service agreement for $800 TO START. I took the car to a mechanic who told me that there was nothing wrong, and I have put 1000 miles on it since then with absolutely no problem.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 07/09/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. We use all feedback both positive and negative as a learning and couching experience to improve our team. A member of management will be in touch with you soon.

SN
Sheila N.
Mosheim, TN
2012 Hyundai Veloster
07/08/2018 Category: Service
Not happy!!!
I was told one thing on the phone and told the opposite when I arrived. Very unhappy with this place!!!

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.  We use all feedback both positive and negative as a learning and couching experience to improve our team.  A member of management will be in touch with you soon.

Boone, NC
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/26/2018 Category: Service
Insurance work
Does not like to deal with insurance company’s
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 06/27/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.  We use all feedback both positive and negative as learning and coaching opportunities to make us all better.  A member of our management staff will be in touch with you soon.

Afton, TN
04/25/2018 Category: Service
Disappointing service
Service department doesn't stand by their word. They promised they would fix my seats that are falling apart in my 2015 Sonata with only 30000 miles. However they won't fix them now for unknown reasons. Also check engine light displayed they stated they don't have enough technician' s to check the car, however they did because I advised it's in their best interest. Needless to say VCM motor was bad!! Think twice before buying their product.
Stacy S., DPSM from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 04/26/2018

Thank you for making the time to fill out the survey and share your experience. I am the district parts & service manager with Hyundai Motor America for the state of Tennessee. I try to read all the surveys that are submitted in our state. I wanted to take a moment to respond to to your survey questions. Your HPP contract is a very good extended warranty, but with all extended warranties, for any manufacturer, or any independant warranty, they only cover mechancial parts. Extended warranties do not wear items or any trim items. ( Carpet, seat overs, headliner, door panels etc.) They do however cover, alternators, starters, wiring, AC compressor, power steering pumps & hundreds of other mechanical parts.
Dealer also do their best to accomodate customers but appointments are needed to control the flow so they don't have customers waiting too long. Many times a customer comes in for a concern that they beleive it minor & it is a timely major mechanical concern & somethings what appears to be major is only minor. With so many unknowns it is difficult to always measure the time so dealers must have appointments. Simple items like an oil and filter change or tire rotation can usually be done right away as they are fast items & usually nothing unforseen. As for the seats, The service manager sent me the photos of your seat backs which I am glad to email to you per your request. I reviewed them and I did not see any stiching issues. I did see wear marks along the seat back edges . It is very possible a seat belt or getting in or out or clothing caused the wear. As with any leather, in a car, furniture or clothing it will naturally crease  or wear in areas of use. I informed the dealership that in my opinion based on the photos submitted, the seats have wear marks and are not defective. Friendship Hyundai sent me several photos of both seats which I am glad to send to you as well. It is always difficult when making a decision so I always request clear photos. All dealerships are bound by the manufacture's warranty guidelines and we require the dealer to send back all replaced components back to HMA for inspection. If we find a component has been replaced that was not defective, the part will be billed back to the dealership. I wanted to share this information with you since the service manager asked me to review the photos and I made the decision. I can clearly see that you take great care of your Sonata and I would like to offer a possible solution if you agree. As a goodwill gesture, I can have a leather trim shop inspect & repair the worn areas and you won't be able able to see any wear marks.  I must say over time if the area ontinues to be rubbed it will eventually do it again and that would be the same as a new seat cover as they will naturally wear with repeated rubbing. I want to personally apologize for any inconvenience and hope this is an option that will regain your trust. Let me know and I will arrange with Friendship Hyundai. Thank you gain.
Best Regards,
Stacy Shellhammer

Gainesville, FL
2016 Hyundai Elantra
09/08/2017 Category: Service
The people
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 09/11/2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and we look forward to serving you again really soon!

423-461-4500
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 09/13/2017

We do truly apperciate the your review and my service director will be in contact with you soon.

Kingsport, TN
07/03/2017 Category: Service
Service personnel are great!
The service personnel go above and beyond their "call to duty". Communication is excellent and they care about their customers. I have been going to Friendship Hyundai for several years now and will continue.

07/03/2017 Category: Service
Disappointed this time
They couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car after 3 service visits. I love Hyundai cars, but frustrated now.!
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 07/04/2017

Thank you William for filling ou this review. I have spoken with my service manager Randall Slagle regarding your concerns. He will be in touch shortly.

AA
Allison A.
10/08/2016 Category: Service
Safety Recall for sudden catastrophic engine failure for 2011, 2012 Sonata
Our 2011 Sonata was part of the massive safety recall affecting at least 2 full model years. We had been hearing a gradually increasing high pitched pinging sound when we received the recall notice from Hyundai. We immediately took our car in for inspection and were told that they could find no evidence of the issue in our vehicle, which didn't make sense. We were given no objective reason for determining that our Sonata was not affected by the Safety Recall issue. 4 months later...the engine failed while driving home from work. Luckily we had just exited the interstate and at a stop light when it failed. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Hyundai for this issue as many others people have had a similar experience. Hyundai has lost an otherwise, loyal customer who had been looking forward to our next purchase of a Hyundai/Genesis.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 10/10/2016

thank you Allison for taking the time to complete this survey.  I have passed your concerns on to our management staff and someone will be in contact with you soon.

GM
Graylin M.
Greeneville, TN
09/27/2016 Category: Service
I still believe in customer service.
I truly believe that not the standard. But it happened to me.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 09/27/2016

Graylin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to express your concerns to us! I have spoke with our management team regarding your situation and someone will be in touch with you soon!

09/14/2016 Category: Service
Bad Customer Service
I brought my car in for an oil change. There was another Hyundai dealership close by (Asheville, NC) that was doing oil changes for less than half the cost ($18.95) of what this dealership was charging. I showed the service clerks on my computer and the deal, but they just said they were not able to do it. I used to take my vehicle over to the Mazda dealership across the street from y'all. They would match deals from other dealerships no problem (I've been there several times and they have always done it - same with other dealerships I've been too). Plus one's 5th oil change is also free. And you get points each time you have service or oil change done, which has also saved me money. On top of all that they always offer to vacuum out my vehicle. My Hyundai Sonata is brand new (bought it up in Indianapolis). It has a big service warranty on it of which you all are now potentially loosing money on over $20. I do not have to take my vehicle to y'all to get it serviced. I travel every weekend to Knoxville and Sevier county and can take it there to get it worked on. Or I can take it across the street to the Mazda dealership. Another thing I noticed is the little sticker in my windshield recommends that I get an oil change after 3,000 miles, but most dealerships say after 5,000 miles. Why are you so much sooner...no need to answer that question. I was not at all happy with my experience. Maybe you all can make it up some how.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 09/15/2016

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.  We apprecaite your comments and I have forwarded your concerns on to the management staff and they will be in contact soon.

CD
Claude D.
Asheville, NC
2015 Hyundai Genesis
08/01/2016 Category: Service
I think I'm being ripped off
I don't live in Johnson City, but I work their a few days out of the week and when I'm up there I have one our employees pick me up and I leave the car their to be serviced and pick it up at the end of the day. I live in Asheville and bought the car from Hunter Hyundai and typically have gotten it serviced their. I needed a 60K mile Tune up on my 2015 Hyundai Genesis. They gave me the option of 3 packages ranging from $600 - $850. I picked the one in the middle which ran $750. At the end of the day after I picked up the car I called Hunter Hyundai just to see what they would charge for a similar tune up. They were going to charge me $450. $300 less on the service. I'm never going back their again, because I don't trust them and feel like I'm going to get ripped off.

Thanks
Claude
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 08/01/2016

Thank you Claude for taking the time to complete this survey and for expressing your concerns with us.  I have passed your comments on to our managers and we will be in touch with you soon.

BL
Bethaney L.
Kingsport, TN
2016 Hyundai Elantra
05/16/2016 Category: Service
not trustworthy
I brought my vehicle for 6 month maintenance, which includes a tire rotation. Prior to the service, I was aware that my front driver's side tire had a slow leak. About a week after my service appointment, my warning light came on to inform me that air was low in one of my tires. Low and behold, it was the SAME tire. This leads me to believe either none or not all of my tires were rotated. I am still waiting for a response from the dealership. How they handle the matter will determine whether or not I will continue to have my vehicle serviced there.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 05/16/2016

Thank you Bethany for taking the time to complete this survey and for voicing your concerns.  I have passed your concerns on to the management team and they will be contacting you shortly.

DAVID M.
2010 Hyundai Azera
06/11/2015 Category: Service
Poor Service
Service Advisor lacking in knowledge; no answers concerning problems; car dirtier after service than before.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 06/13/2015

David, Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.  Our service manager will be in contact with you shortly.

ROY R.
Franklin, WI
04/16/2015 Category: Service
High in Customer concern
Corrected

04/16/2015 Category: Service
Title of what ?
Oil change took over an hour.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 04/16/2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and we will be in contact shortly.

423-461-4500
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 04/20/2015

Thank you Roy for taking the time to rescore our service!!  We value your business and your Friendship!  We look forward to serving you again soon!

BF
Benny F.
Newland, NC
12/05/2014 Category: Service
Maintenance Dept personnel have a "don't care'attitude
Needed touch-up paint for my 2012 Hyundai Genesis and after standing at the order counter for 15 minutes, the order clerk stated they would have to order and would take a week to receive. I drive from NC to this service dept. On my last trip down I stopped by to have the oil changed.
There were no cars waiting in the service order area. It was about 3:30 in the afternoon. Was told they could get to it around 6:00 PM. Seems like they would be innovative enough to offer an oil change at any time a customer comes in - at the regular charge of course. The service personnel, who are rarely busy, when I go in seem to have a "I don't care attitude."
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 12/05/2014

Thank you so very much for your honesty in sharing your experiences with us. A member of our management team will be in contact with you very shortly.  Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely,

JOHN P.
08/22/2013 Category: Service
great cars poor frontline service
Poor execution of service department. Car should not need the level of service they claimed within 8k miles of purchase on a certified vehicle. Sales people say what they need to make the sale and get it off the lot. Make sure that all service is up to date on a certified preowned before pulling the trigger.Car has only 15k on it now and I love the performance and comfort of my 2013 Sonata Limited but the service center leaves something to be desired.

LW
Linden W.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/13/2018 Category: Service
Cars are great but service is suspect
I now have some doubts regarding the quality of Hyundai dealership's service.

11/13/2018 Category: Service
Don't trust the service department
They said we either didn't have a 30k service or it was not done well. We had it done at a Hyundai dealership so why would we trust this one if the others are suspect?
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 11/14/2018

Thank you so much for the review, we use all feedback both positive and negative as coaching and learning opportunities for our team.

John C.
Gainesville, GA
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
08/02/2018 Category: Service
2017 Hyundai Sonata Service
Good service and courteous employees.

08/02/2018 Category: Service
Oil change and tire rotation
$85.00 is too expensive for a oil change and tire rotation. I am from Cumming GA. The dealer here charges 1/2 that amount.
Laura K., Customer Service Specialist from Friendship Hyundai of Johnson City responded on 08/02/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey and for the kind words. We apperciate the opportunity to earn your business and look forward to serving you again soon.