Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc.

Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5rating 4.49

Ken K. on 10/12/2017
Ken said his overall experience with this business was awesome.
Service Date: 09/01/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 10/20/2017

Ken thank you for giving us a review! If you need anything give us a call!

Shelby C. on 09/29/2017
Shelby said she has driven since she was 9 years old with all kinds of vehicles. Their service is fast and exceptional. They are inventive with problems for which no parts are available.
Vehicle: Dodge Ram Van
Service Date: 09/26/2017
Review Created: 09/29/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 10/02/2017

Shelby, Thank you for taking the time to review us! If you need anything we are just a phone call away!

Larry B. on 09/20/2017
"Yearly service and Maintenance on my Motorhome"
I moved my yearly service of my motorhome to Genesis a few years ago. Always received top notch service..... still received the same fine service, but this year had a small problem with being timely informed as to the status and/or any issues that were occurring during the process.... I believe that all issues have been discussed and worked out and that I will still recommend Genesis To my RV friends and I will be back next year, or when needs arrive..... We now share the word, "Communications".
Service Date: 09/18/2017
Review Created: 09/20/2017 02:31 PM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 09/20/2017

Larry,

Thank you for your review. We are always working to improve our customer service. We are happy that our service is “Top Notch” thank you for that endorsement.

Brian Holthe

Don A. on 09/03/2017
"It counts to be patient"
Suffering what can only be attributed to a power surge of some kind, the electrical from fuses to a fried microwave and all the support for the refrigerator and even the power slide out all in jeopardy. This was complex and had many problems within the system.
Would be nice to think, oh replace a fuse and off you go... well that is what another place did ( a dealership ) and what left me stranded.
From plug to all wires, batteries, grounds and each fuse and every connection. The first problem is for this coach there is no built in surge protector. All power hook-ups are not created equal... There were many issues as a result of not being able to stop the surge. Even the converter was fried and the system could not operate. this is important for me to relate for one main reason... Patience and attention to detail.

Making the right changes, starting with the surge protector for the whole coach, then the fridge, air conditioner and even the generator all the blown fuses being replaced. One system at a time. We had some frustrations but, being hones, this was very complex and the patience and attention to detail saved the electrical system of my RV. This is only 2 years old and all systems were dead.

Prices, warranty work and quality all under one roof. Then to be treated with respect and understanding of my whole situation of travel needed...

I could not recommend anybody else, especially if you have complex issues that need real professionals.
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 09/03/2017 08:28 PM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 09/05/2017

Thank you Don, we appreciate the thoughtful review! We are here to figure out your problem no matter how long or what we have to do. Our mission is to be your one stop shop for everything you need, please call us if you have any questions! Again, thank you!

Talk with you soon,

Lisa T. on 08/30/2017
Lisa said the service was excellent.
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 09/25/2017

Thank you for the review Lisa!

Gerald R. on 08/30/2017
Spoke with Tracy. She said this business did a fantastic job and the staff kept her informed.
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017

Thank you for the nice review Tracy!

Ralph P. on 08/25/2017
Ralph said this business had good service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Chevy Express
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 08/29/2017

Thank you for the review Ralph, if you need anything let us know!

Steve C. on 08/14/2017
"Motorhome repair gone bad"
My very expensive plumbing fix broke the fist day on vacation and I had to call in a mobile RV repair so I could continue my trip. My motorhome had been broken in to at the repair facility and my storage compartments locks were damaged and I was told that I would have to fix them myself, doesn't seem like the right thing to make a customer do. I would of liked to have an estimate on a very expensive repair that I probably could of lived with out the repair. The staff was good at there job and was very courteous.
Service Date: 07/18/2017
Review Created: 08/14/2017 11:03 AM
William G. on 08/14/2017
Spoke with Cynthia. She said the staff were knowledgeable. They diagnosed the problem and gave her a detailed report of what they did for $3,000. The previous mechanic who worked on the vehicle did half the job wrong and they fixed it. They have worked on enough recreational vehicles to know what the problem was. They gave them 3 pages of detailed notes on what they did. The work was done as quickly as possible. She trusts them. After the repair, they drove from Tacoma, Washington to Utah and the vehicle has not broken down once. They even researched and found them somebody in their town they could go to when they got back home. She thanked Brian and Michael. She appreciated the care they took.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Forward Control
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/14/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 09/11/2017

Cynthia,
Thank you for the review! We are here to help and if you need anything give us a call!

Talk with you guys soon!

Morton A. on 08/04/2017
Morton said this business was very courteous, professional and they performed the repair in a timely fashion.
Vehicle: Dodge Sprinter
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/04/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 08/09/2017

Thank you for the review Morton!

Don A. on 08/03/2017
"Hidden problems being solved"
The thing is this, first was recommended to me by a major RV sales and repair national chain. Then the time spent was just whatever was needed. The RV had an electrical issue that was actually a combination of problems from fuses to the AC/DC converter. The microwave and even the heater unit on the refrigerator. The issue was more than likely the result of a power surge and this coach, even being newer did not have a built in surge protector. From the time checking in to the courtesy ride home more than 25 miles away, the staff treated me very well. Keeping me posted, then getting the insurance and warranty information so all paperwork and processing was completed.
When it comes time to leave, my signature and co-pays and I am out the door.
This is important since electrical issues are not something I am comfortable past checking fuses. The systems and overall electrical interweaving of these modern RV's is simply far beyond what should be tampered with as the overall damage can be so extensive.
From Brian to Chris and the rest, I can not recommend this facility enough. Quality, integrity and fairness in all dealings. That is a pretty powerful combination to hold in a company reputation.
Service Date: 08/02/2017
Review Created: 08/03/2017 08:56 PM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 08/04/2017

Thank you so much for the thought out review! We appreciate you taking the time to write this. If you need anything Don please give us a call! We are here to help make your life easier!

Marvin F. on 07/31/2017
"service"
Our motor home needed furnace repair and was repaired quick, efficiently and timely. The customer service was superb.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cutaway
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017 10:45 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 07/31/2017

Thank you for the review Marvin! We are here whenever you have a question.

Ed A. on 07/30/2017
Ed said this business was very cooperative.
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 07/30/2017
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 09/19/2017

Thank you for the review Ed!

Dennis P. on 07/29/2017
Spoke with Debbie. She said this business always provides her with great service and they do the work right the first time.
Vehicle: Ford Super Duty F-550 DRW
Service Date: 06/28/2017
Review Created: 07/29/2017

Thank you Dennis and Debbie for the review! We are here for your needs!

Wayne D. on 07/28/2017
Wayne said he was totally unsatisfied with the business. They did not do what he expected them to do and they overcharged him for services he could have gotten done for $200 rather than them charging him $600 for them . He will not be setting foot in the facility again. They overcharge for everything.
Vehicle: Ford RV Cutaway
Service Date: 06/28/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017

Thank you for the review Wayne, I will be having our President Brian get in contact with you to figure out how we can make this right.

Jimmy H. on 07/21/2017
"Repaired RV generator."
Quick and accurate service.
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 02:34 AM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 07/24/2017

Thank you for the review Jimmy! If you need anything please call us anytime.

Cassandra S. on 07/19/2017
Cassandra said she thanks the business for doing the job quickly.
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017

Thank you for the review Cassandra!

Heidi O. on 07/14/2017
Heidi said she was in and out the same day. They even helped with their insurance paperwork. They had good customer service.
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017

Thank you for the review Heidi! If you have any questions give us a call!

Roger R. on 07/13/2017
"Customer Service, Professionalism, Friendliness and Personable"
I am so glad we found your facility and you are so much closer for servicing. We have had service done by you twice on our Class A and have been pleased both times.
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 08:23 PM
Haley B., Admin Assistant at Genesis Automotive & RV Repair, Inc. responded on 07/14/2017

Thank you for the review Roger! If you need anything call us!

Molly H. on 07/03/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Why are some mechanics like this. Why!?"
Okay I really don't ever write reviews because I generally hate the idea, but I need to warn other people who might make the same mistake I did. I'm really frustrated with my experience for a few different reasons.

The Van: I bought a 1982 GMC Vandura camper conversion for a song, it ran and drove super strong but had obvious age/wear/deterioration, it's huge and old and a beast. I knew that it would need a few major upgrades and replacements of various things that were about to go. I wanted to take it to my normal mechanic who I trust but due to the height of the top he said I probably had to find someone RV specific. So, I decide based on reviews and proximity to go with Genesis. I call to make an appointment and they are busy (I get it's a busy season, pre-summer) so it's two weeks out. Fine, totally get it. Bring it in two weeks later. Because they are in fact an RV-specific place I figure while I'm at it, bring it in with a written list of specific things I wanted them to look at, in addition to the oil change/fluids replacement/overall tuneup and inspection. Some of the things were really small and I could do them myself (replacing a broken seatbelt, removing the toilet and blackwater system, fixing a broken horn, fixing a busted mechanism in the back door lock, de-winterizing, overall safety check of the propane system) but I figured while they had it in the shop I wanted a quote on the whole job. A major thing was an emergency brake pedal that didn't fully engage, made sure to tell them it needed to be repaired (isn't that kind of obvious....?) Also told them I wanted them to see if there were any other unseen major problems looming (I definitely assumed there would be a few major things and had budgeted accordingly). When I get there, they don't take my list and also don't write down any of my concerns (FIRST RED FLAG). I assumed they would be able to look it over in a day or two and get back to me with a quote, then the actual work taking longer obviously, and longer still due to the time of year. They also told me this would be the case. I mean isn't that why you make an appointment? Call a week later to find out what the situation is: they haven't even looked at it, too many people (read: people with nicer rvs? people paying more money?) needed their RVs for the weekend (SECOND RED FLAG). Call the next week, did the oil change, fluid replacement, brake repair, and inspection but hadn't looked at anything else. Then, there is a fuel leak that needs repairing and due to the fact its a huge ancient van, and the bolts can break off, and it takes a lot of time, I get it, the repair will be costly. Totally fine with this. So I get the quote for the initial oil change/replacement/brake work (fine with this also) with the leak repair looming as somewhere between 2-4k ALONE and remind them about the other things I also want them to look at (I figure let's just get everything done, since it's four weeks since I initially called and made the appointment, it's been in the shop two weeks at this point... I'm running out of time and patience). Then, "it's ready to be picked up" and at that point because I know they aren't going to even look at the other things, I figure the one thing I can't really do myself is de-winterize the water system and remove the self-contained blackwater tank/toilet so I ask them to please do that, they are fine with that and quote me a reasonable amount for that, totally fine.

Go to pick up the van, they say they could not dewinterize because water started spraying all over the cabin and there is a leak somewhere so they just stopped. (.........) but at least the toilet tank is removed. Couldn't find a replacement emergency brake pedal at any of the junk shops in time, so I don't have an e-brake (except they could have probably found one in time if they'd looked at it earlier... and isn't that kind of an important think to have?) At this point, sans e-brake, sans horn, door not opening, water system leaking, no passenger seatbelt, want to be stoked that mechanically the van is doing well and I can start work on the other things myself. Want to be sure that it's safe, even if it looks old and is ridiculous, Whatever. As we're leaving, Chris also even says "Tires look great" as an aside, like that's another thing they looked at in passing, just to be helpful so I knew I didn't need to worry about those. So it's $4600 later (half that is the fuel leak repair, which came in on low end of estimate, 2000ish).

Get the van home and realize/come to grips with the fact that they literally didn't even look at anything I asked them to, I don't actually know that they looked at anything closely. In the last week, I repaired that water leak myself in like a half hour (it was a hole in a 6 inch section of PVC tubing that was accessible from a side panel.....), fixed the door handle without needing any parts (the mechanism was just dislodged), put in a new seatbelt, had a propane specialist look over the tank and system, flushed the water system.... all of this being things I would have gladly paid for so that I wouldn't have to, and would have liked to be done in the month they had the van. That's why you pay for mechanics and service techs right....? I also take a close look at the tires. They are from 2001. They are 16 years old. What was this "tires look great" nonsense; yes the tread is great but the sidewalls are cracking. I'm not dumb and know old tires are dangerous. So at this point I'm like, well, the major repairs were costly but at least the work they did was good, I did the rest myself so I must have just saved a lot of money......

And THEN as we're going to get tires, the van starts making crazy noises that could be alternator or power steering or something worse. There is also some fluid leaking. I figure it's not the same leak, I figure the Genesis guys did a good job it's just the van's problem because it's old. Panicking but like, I signed on for this, I first take it to Budget Batteries to test the battery and tell me if that's the source of the sound, maybe it's messing with the alternator. Super awesome dudes don't charge me while they test the battery, right then. Not the battery, want to fix the leak, so I take it to Tiny's on Pacific to get the tires and hopefully find the source of the problem. They right away look at it, with me, and ask if I recently got a leak repaired? I tell them yes. They can see it and also say there is another leak, same type of problem just a different bolt on the same part. Also the power steering is leaking and completely out of fluid. I assume it must be like $2000 to fix. Nope. It's $275 to fix both problems (ONE OF WHICH IS THE SAME PROBLEM, different bolt) and they'll have it done in a few hours. Literally not worried about how tall the van is and their short clearance; they'll work on it outside. Sell us some nice tires and will also put them on, also outside. Compliment our SUPER COOL A-TEAM VAN. I leave fuming at Genesis and realizing we got totally fleeced for the major repair, and am angry that they never even looked at anything else that I had asked them to look at. They wasted weeks of time that I could have been fixing other things, and I gave them a lot of money.

TL;DR I REALLY went into this expecting the best and wanting to believe that, even though it's a beast of a van in ridiculous shape, Genesis would give it their full attention. I assumed they would look at the things I wanted them to look at, and maybe some things I didn't, and be honest and fair on pricing. I knew I'd be spending more than the van was worth and there could be some major problems but figured the work would be good. Literally this is confirming all the things people tell you about mechanics. Not coming back, running far in the other direction. I am giving two stars because Chris was friendly. Is that a dumb reason? Yes. But at least he was pleasant and not condescending in our exchanges. I just wish this whole experience was less of a nightmare. Oh well, now I know to avoid RV-specific places like the plague.
Service Date: 06/22/2017