4.5

09/12/2020 Category: Service
Service review
Overall very good. On this occasion, it took way too long to get my loaner, and they did,t have a Genesis loaner available. Everything else was great.
Gillian M R., Parts and Service Director from Genesis Of Carlsbad responded on 09/15/2020

I apologize that we did not have a Genesis loaner available and had to provide you with a Hyundai. We do our best to have them, however all 3 ended up being out on unexpected long term repairs. I will share your concerns with Dealership Ownership regarding possibly providing us with more Genesis Loan cars to fulfill our customer needs.
I also want to Thank you for your patience while we were only on our 2nd day with our new loaner software, I wish we could have been faster and I apologize that you were affected by our brand new system that Genesis had just launched. We are getting faster at it everyday.

Poway, CA
08/03/2020 Category: Service
n/a
n/a
Gillian M R., Parts and Service Director from Genesis Of Carlsbad responded on 08/13/2020

Thank you for the review. I would like to understand where we failed to provide a positive service experience for you and your vehicle on your recent service visit. I see that you have mentioned our facility improvements, so please feel free to use our Valet service in the future. If there is anything else we can improve upon to ensure you have a 5-star experience on your next visit, please let us know, your COMPLETE satisfaction is very important to us. We greatly appreciate the feedback and thank you for choosing Genesis of Carlsbad for your vehicle service needs.

EP
Ernest P.
Murrieta, CA
07/07/2020 Category: Service
Interaction with Thomas the Service Advisor was great
Overall I think the showroom and overall appearance needs updating.
Floors look dirty
Powder Room needs to be updated as well.

I would probably recommend but I suggest some major remodel or transfer to a larger building/area.

Encinitas, CA
2017 Genesis G90
04/06/2020 Category: Service
go with the flow
I was glad to be able to get my Genesis 90 serviced under the current virus crisis;so I shall not look a gift horse in the mouth.
Gillian M R., Parts and Service Director from Genesis Of Carlsbad responded on 04/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us during this Pandemic. We understand that reviewing us as a score of 1 out of 10 for comfort of waiting area and amenities was due to the fact that we have our lobby closed to customers to protect all of our customers and our staff, but I assure you under normal operating procedures, we have a very comfortable waiting area, have gourmet coffee, snacks and water available to all of our customers.

In regards to the concern with your vehicle that you brought to our attention when you dropped off, we will need to schedule you a future appointment for that, as for when I scheduled you maintenance appointment, you had not mentioned it. We want to make sure the right technician is diagnosing the vehicles, and our maintenance technicians are not certified to do so. However, my recommendation would be to schedule this when we are open for normal business and can offer you valet service.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you at this time.  And again I aplogize that our restrictions with COVID has negatively impacted your experience here.

03/20/2020 Category: Service
only Genises dealer in town
nice people to work with. All efforts have been made to correct vehicle audio problem. Parts have been replaced yet problem still exists.
GR
Gillian M R., Parts and Service Director from Genesis Of Carlsbad responded on 03/21/2020

Me McElroy, the audio still isn't working after Genesis Techline had us replace the Amp this last time? If that is the case let me know so we can reschedule you  We are still open during this time M-F 8-5, and Genesis Technical center is still open as well. However, we have temporarily had to stop performing valet services, but still can provide a loaner.

Please let me know and I am sorry this is still occurring, we will continue to work with Genesis Technical assistance for their next recommendation

03/07/2020 Category: Service
only Genises dealer in town
Glad Bob Baker took over dealership. Better attitude with regard to customers. Just hope that the service people solve my vehicle problem.

James C.
03/02/2020 Category: Service
People..at least in the service area.
Service, honesty, attitudes toward customers and fairness are criteria that bring me back to various dealerships over the years.
Lose these dealer cultural aspects and lose a customer.
Cars are cars, prices are prices and are generaly competitive, but it is the people aspect that make a difference.
Sort of basic.
Jim Conlan

WB
William B.
Fallbrook, CA
02/04/2020 Category: Service
Very poor experience
the entire valet process was terrible
GILLIAN M R., Parts and Service Director from Genesis Of Carlsbad responded on 02/18/2020

Thank you for your feedback Mr. Burger, I know we spoke several times about the challenges with doing a valet to you in Fallbrook. I appreciate your patience while we worked through the loaner issue with you. At least we are all aware now of your specific circumstances regarding doing a valet, and we will do everything we can in the future to accommodate you the best we can.

760-929-4900 ext 202

01/30/2020 Category: Service
local location
great people and friendly. never have been able to provide me with valet service. problem with the vehicle was unable to duplicate problem
therefor problem un resolved.

KK
Kimberly K.
La Jolla, CA
2019 Genesis G70
12/20/2019 Category: Service
Needs to understand what offering a luxury product means
I was extremely peeved about the way Bob Baker Dealership handled the car wash for my car. Having owned 4 luxury brand vehicles, every time my car was taken in for service it was washed and cleaned both on the exterior and interior. When the service valet picked up my car, I pointed out that my trunk needed extra care for vacuuming. She relayed this information to the service advisor, who called me to tell me that it would cost $15 to upgrade the car wash to have the interior of the car cleaned. I was extremely shocked because a full interior cleaning (not just vacuuming) is a table-stakes offering by luxury automotive service dealers and I would never get nickel or dimed like this at Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, or Audi, and it makes me extremely hesistant to get my car serviced by Genesis aka Hyundai dealerships. If Genesis intends to position itself as a luxury brand, they need to make sure they are being competitive and offer the basics that luxury car-owners expect.
GILLIAN M R., Parts and Service Director from Genesis Of Carlsbad responded on 12/20/2019

Thank you for your feedback Ms. Kan. I know our operations director, Jamey Watson, has reached out to you to discuss further. Please reach back out to him at your convenience, so that we can better assist you.

760-929-4900 ext 202

David L.
Encinitas, CA
2019 Genesis G70
12/17/2019 Category: Service
Genesis living up to luxury brand
Very professional team and top quality customer service

James C.
12/04/2019 Category: Service
Service staff and Genesis benefits (loaner)
Dealer facilities poor, but staff is professional