RI
Raju I.
Lincoln Town Car
11/16/2018 Category: Service
Raju said everything is fine with the business's service but sometimes it take so long.

Volkswagen Eos
07/15/2018
Started, but created other problems.
Although they were finally able to get my car started, they caused the transmission to go out. They also made remarks about after market parts that Volkswagen stated was not true.

I would recommend them for domestic vehicles, it not for foreign vehicles.

LR
Leah R.
New York
Kia Sorento
11/04/2017 Category: Service
Leah said the service took a long time at the business. They were very busy and they had her vehicle for a day and a half.

KL
KINGSLEY L.
Oakland Gardens, NY
Acura NSX-T
07/19/2017
Mechanics could use some courtesy
Office staff were very nice and courteous. The mechanic is nice but needs to wash hands before going into customers cars. Left my steering wheel feeling and smelling greasy. Also getting in and out of my car, he kicked the door in a few spots so now I have black grease streaks on my door. Would come back but I would call out the staff to be more considerate for other people's property

MELISSA D.
Oakland Gardens, NY
05/21/2017
Multiple
This visit was not one of the better visits. The service technician spilled some type of solution on my rear hatch door while replacing the rear wiper blade. He never wiped it clean and I am not sure he even noticed. The technician rested his tools on my vehicle without anything to protect the surface. My vehicle maintenance light was not reset after the oil change/service and both of my trip odometers were rest to zero. If there was an issue, someone should have called to ask how to get the odometer to display the main view. I use my trip odometers to track business miles. I had asked to have my splash guard re-attached to the underside and it was the 2nd visit where there was no mention of the tire pressure sensor warning light illuminated until I asked as I was leaving.
I always have a great experience with the office staff and have no concerns in that regard. This was the 2nd time in as many visits where things were not quite the way it had been handled in years past.

JOANNE K.
08/31/2016
Usually friendly and efficient
Loosing my car keys was a bit stressful and most inconvient. Had to return a second day to pick up keys. I did expect someone to at least say sorry for the inconvenience . Didn't happen......
The Great Bear T., Owner from Great Bear Auto Repair responded on 09/01/2016

Hi Joanne,
We're extremely sorry that happened and that you feel that way. Misplacing keys are not okay and we apologized and will continue to apologize. Please call us for any other concerns

SK
Sung, Hoon K.
Columbia, MD
Honda Accord
05/14/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Timothy. He said the first time, they fixed the left door and they were not suppose to do that. The second time, they changed the battery and it was fixed well. The driver's side window was tightened too tight so he will be returning to this business. Overall, he felt like he wasted his money because a new issue happened.

VK
Victor K.
02/13/2016 Category: Service
Victor said this business got the job done, but were trying to push other services on him he did not want. He also said one of the technicians was rough on his wheels.

MI
MARGARITA I.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Mitsubishi Galant
06/22/2015
The lying mechanic
I would give you a 5, however the mechanic who explained to me what my car needed lied to me and I called him out on it. I will continue to take my car to Great Bear because the service is nevertheless great.

MATTHEW S.
Manhasset, NY
Mazda 3
01/30/2015
The loss of Danny and Frank is extremely troubling
My annual inspection and the oil change were handled in the usual conscientious and professional manner that I am accustomed to. Although the gals behind the desk are doing an admirable job and the young mechanics are busily doing their best, the absence of Danny is a bit hit to the shop, in my opinion. Also, I notice an apparent separation between the Korean and non-Korean contingent, which would not have been tolerated with Danny around. I would strongly suggest that you attempt to bring Danny back... he is much more valuable, than you obviously believe. Would I recommend your shop to others? Before Danny (and Frank's) separation... a definite yes. As of today.... a definite wait and see attitude on my part. For what it is worth, I have over 20 year's experience as a help desk / support center turnaround specialist within the financial services industry.