Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Reston, VA
Jaguar X-TYPE
03/13/2018
Estimate Question
I picked up our 2003 Jaguar X this morning. I appreciate that the staff went the extra mile to complete work on oxygen sensor last night and assume that the quality of the work will be high. Maybe I misunderstood what I was told last Friday, but the total cost was more than double the estimate I received. While I understand that access to this particular sensor must have been difficult, the final price took me by surprise.

LX
Lu X.
07/24/2017
Not Bad...
Went there to change tire and engine oil, easy to get an appointment, close to home. No fuss.

However, they couldn't remove the engine oil filter during the oil change - so it's a job half-done, but I was still charged for the full "Oil Change" price.

Had to drive to another garage to get the filter replaced, and the other place claimed they had no problem removing that filter.

SK
Sherry K.
Mercury Mountaineer
06/13/2017
communications
I was no notified when car was completed. Then when I called to ask they confused my car with another. Then a sticker was left on the windshield because car was parked in parking lot overnight illegally I parked the car in their lot as directed by them. I had to wait for them to scrape off this sticker. Clear recommendations were not made as to what work needed t
Saman L., Owner / Operator from Great Falls Exxon responded on 06/14/2017

Sherry, what can I say, no excuses, it sounds like we really dropped the ball this time.

I remember personally taking your call and confusing your car for another that was identical, my fault entirely, sorry.

I can truly appreciate the frustration of having a tow sticker on the car, as you know we somtimes run out of space in our small lot and bleed over into the shopping center lot. Bad luck was that the shopping center happened to put stickers on cars that day.

I assure you we want you experience nothing short of exceptional service and appreciate you taking the time to respond and write a review.

We will strive to do better for you next time and truly appreciate your business.

Saman Limouee

Reston, VA
Jaguar X-Type
03/28/2017
Very fast and Efficient
The battery works fine, but engine light has been on our old Jag since installation. While I'm unsure it's related, the windshield wiper tank emptied in our driveway right after our visit.
Saman L., Owner / Operator from Great Falls Exxon responded on 04/01/2017

Hi Scott,

First of all thanks for the business and for the review. I believe you should receive nothing short of exemplary service with us and I apologize that wasn't the case this time.

Thanks also for bringing the car back & giving us a chance to rectify the issues. I'm glad the Check Engine Light was not an issue and I'm glad we were able to pinpoint the issue on the washer fluid reservoir for you; I hope you were happy with the service.

I hope you think of us again the next time you need to service your Jaguar.

Thanks again,

Saman Limouee
Owner / Operator
703-759-3367

Alma S.
Mercedes-Benz ML350
11/25/2016 Category: Service
Alma said the business was very good, but she had to follow-up with them. Other than that, they were excellent.

Jill S.
10/21/2016
Some inconsistency in the level of customer service
Tofun is great to deal with, but the technician who supposedly did the courtesy inspection gave me all green checks without looking at the car, which continued to have areas of concern since the last service. It is disappointing to think that some of the employees might not be trustworthy.

MT
Morgann T.
Herndon, VA
05/07/2016 Category: Service
Morgann said the service was okay. It took longer than she had anticipated. She would recommend the service.

PK
Peter and Sara K.
04/29/2016
average
Missed one of the items I wrote on the form which was to do a service (oil and filter). Also from my last visit you said my airfilter was dirty and needed changing. why didn't you automatically do it. Disappointing

CL
Curt L.
04/26/2016
cat back muffler replacement
this was very very expensive
Saman L., Owner / Operator from Great Falls Exxon responded on 04/27/2016

Hi Kurt, this is Saman, the owner here at Great Falls Exxon. Thank you for your review and for your loyal business, I'm very sorry that you feel our price was high on this repair.  My understanding is your vehicle failed inspection, we gave you an estimate for the repairs needed to pass, you approved the repairs and we got the car repaired and inspected on the same day. If you would like to call and discuss it with me, I'd be happy to talk to you personally. I take pride in honest, competent and caring service, and hope that's what you received. Thanks again.

LK
Larry and Sarah K.
10/19/2015
I had the good fortune to speak with the boss when I arrived with my Toyota. He advised me about which tires I should purchase and even printed the order I could make online to save money.
As it turned out, I needed other repairs to my Toyota Camry, 2003. I was surprised at the cost of the Catalytic Converter when I paid for services performed. The information I got from a phone call led me to believe that if the old one could be removed, I would pay one hundred something and it turned out to be significantly more.
However, I was pleasantly surprised to note that the repairmen had cleaned my car to prepare it for sale.
Saman L., Owner / Operator from Great Falls Exxon responded on 10/26/2015

I'm so sorry for your less than perfect experience. As I explained in our telephone conversation, your reviews and your overall experience are of utmost importance to us.

I'm glad I was able to save you money by advising you which tires to buy online. Our overall goal is to save our client's money while ensuring their vehicle is safe and well maintained.

As such, it appears we did a bad job of communicating the expenses of the other repairs your vehicle needed to pass Safety Inspection. As we discused your vehicle had an exhaust leak in the Catalytic Converter. The fix was to replace the converter. There is also an oxygen sensor, that would cost about $150 in the Catalytic Converter; our choice was to either replace the Oxygen sensor at the same time as the Cat for an additional $150 (parts, no extra labor) or try to remove your Oxygen Sensor that was rusted & seized into your old Cat. To save you money: we soaked the Oxygen sensor in a penetrant lube & managed to save & reuse your old sensor, thus saving you the addidiotional $150. We sourced an aftermarket Catalytic Converter for you & finished the entire job, including the tire install & the oil change for less than the price of the part from the dealer (which would be $956 for the cat only).

Again, I thank you for you business and for your time on the phone in allowing me to explain our position. Apologies again for any misunderstanding. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

KP
Kate P.
Honda Accord
09/20/2014
Shuttle questions
I had an oil change. Very friendly and quick. I called to confirm they could provide shuttle service. When I arrived I was taken home, nice and easy. When I was called and told the car was ready, I asked about getting a ride and was told all the technicians were busy so they couldn't provide one. No offer was made to call later in the day if someone became available. While I was able to get my own ride later that night, it would have been nice to know the shuttle service is not always available.

AO
Aiman O.
06/06/2014 Category: Service
Aiman said this business did not call him back. He said he feels a good business should have called him back instead of making him have to contact them. Regardless, they do a really good job.

JJ
John J.
BMW 325i
05/08/2014 Category: Service
John said he took his vehicle in for a specific service and they replaced parts that he did not request, which cost him more money. They did not inform him of the additional service until after the work was done.

PM
Paulina M.
Alexandria, VA
04/22/2014 Category: Service
Paulina said she waited a long time. The receptionist was not the best because she had to ask if her vehicle was ready. She didn't see anything extra that they did for her to recommend this facility.

TC
Tammy & Jim C.
08/25/2011
Tires rotated
spoke with the manager on Friday, he advised to drop off vehicle and leave it for Saturday for oil change and tire rotation. Came to pick it up on Monday and it still had not been done. Convenient location but not always timely