CG
Courtney G.
08/24/2019
Honest mechanics really DO exist!
Green Drop Garage is simply AWESOME! I first went to the SE 9th location because the check engine light was on in my old Honda and I had already been to no less than 5 other different mechanics, all of whom charged me for expensive work that did not solve the problem before finally admitting they were stumped and couldn't help me. (?!) Then I encountered Mike McMillen at Green Drop, who made it his mission to get me a correct diagnosis. Mike is the Dr. House of cars, let me tell you! He did not give up until he found what was wrong and treated me with more empathy and respect than any other mechanic I have ever encountered. He was open, honest and beyond fair when the problem was finally discovered and the issue was found to be fatal to the car. I've never seen a more caring or capable mechanic than Mike and I am eternally grateful for his help and understanding with my unfortunate vehicle situation.
Fast forward one year - I just bought another used car and didn't even think of bringing it anywhere but Green Drop for my pre-purchase inspection. The inspection was thorough and detailed and enabled me to negotiate a fantastic deal on the car. I now go to the Moreland location, where every employee is as open, honest and fair as at the SE 9th location and the work they do is equally impeccable.
Green Drop is not the cheapest garage out there, but it's VERY fair and you get every bit of the quality you pay for so it is WORTH IT. No overpriced BS that your car doesn't even need like at most mechanics in town. The staff treats you with respect and gladly explains everything without a hint of condescension. They give upfront quotes ahead of time and understand monetary restraints and will help you prioritize to get the most out of your budget. I signed up for their Car Care Plan which will save me lots of money in the long run. I HIGHLY recommend Green Drop Garage for all your service needs! I know I won't be going anywhere else ever again!

Jan G.
10/31/2011
Alignment
Reasonable rates and fast work. And now my car runs better than ever on top of the engine rebuild I just had them do. Awesome!

Jan G.
10/25/2011
Yes they can rebuild it:)
So happy to find out I have the best Subaru mechanic in Portland, and in an eco-friendly garage to boot. My 1989 Subaru Loyale is running like new again since replacing both heads on my engine plus the gasket. I almost feel guilty;). Highly recommend. Rock on guys- Jan

AJ
Amy J.
10/05/2011
Honest, efficient service
Green Drop Garage schedules you for an appointment, finds the problem, and gets you out. I trust them professionally and like them as people.

AY
A-Li Y.
09/16/2011
Come Here
Admittedly I know nothing about cars so I'm at a horrible disadvantage when I go to get my car fixed/oil changed. The anxiety over whether I am going to get "bullied" into a car fix that I really don't need begins as soon as I make the appointment. I've been looking for years for a car shop where I feel I can trust the staff. I've finally found "The One". Not only is the staff super friendly but they are patient and take the time to explain what needs to be repaired and why and how soon repairs should be done, but they use terminology that I can understand. I also appreciate how they have embraced technology. Thank you for letting me book my oil change on-line. I love the email reminders for car maintenance. The best car shop I've ever come across!

SL
Scott L.
09/15/2011
Oil Change
quick and easy. Gave some recommendations on work that needs to be done but they weren't pushy about it. Will definitely be back!

ED
Edgar D.
09/14/2011
Not just an Oil Change
Came in to get an oil change and left with a free spark plug and cable. These guys were great fast and honest. Hard to find nowadays.

Dan C.
09/11/2011
Good overall
Got an oil change. Registered the appointment online. Pleasant, easy, quick. Not the best customer-service experience of my life, but nothing bad to report either.

The eco-friendly concept and message of the garage is important enough to me that I would keep coming back and would recommend to a friend.

RL
Roger L.
You guys were great
Just went in for an oil change, but you guys were thorough, fast and gave me good advice about other options. I'll be back.

EB
Emily B.
09/07/2011
oil change and subsequent repairs
I took my car in for an oil change and appreciated the option to schedule an appt online. The staff was friendly and helpful and the service performed in a timely fashion. Some repairs were recommended which I undertook - easy to get an appt to come back and once again very friendly and helpful staff. Easy location to access as well.

Mark B.
Brake Job
As usual, final bill lower than estimate.

Barry S.
Great
Green Drop did a great job with my car.

DO
Dylan O.
Great business
Friendly and I like their environmentally sound practices. :)

Miles W.
Quick Service
Very chill people working here. They were able to get me in fast to do some simple service at a really good price.

EL
Erin L.
like family for my car
Always friendly and always personal. I feel I can trust these guys.